All Comments on 'The Neighborhood Rebooted'

by fittucker87

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good job.

I'm glad you are writing again. However, I'm not sure how I feel about you killing off the father when Kim/Frank had one of the best sex scenes in the original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Not so sure about this...

While one of the grips I had with the first one is how Mark had to share his harem with his dad I liked how it eased into the incest/sex. It kind of made it more believable. Just jumping into it right away makes this story a bit jarring.

homerjayhomerjayalmost 11 years ago

awesome, pure awesome. please write more.

tobisstobissalmost 11 years ago

Didnt like the fact you killed off the father and the sex scenes were better in the first

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I would change only one thing

<with slim hips framing firm, round backsides.>

Vivian should be more womanly, she has two kids and her hips are much wider than her daughters. Bubble butt perched atop a tight, wasp waist adorned with big breasts. Hourglass figure.

Just my two cents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great to see you writing again!

And revisiting my favorite of your stories, too! Hope to see more, this was really fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yes!

I'm happy to see you return to these stories even if you restart things differently. Keep it going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Reynolds

It seems that Jake is pretty much an alpha male. You should try and incorporate the Reynolds family into this again. Maybe even have Jake and/or Spencer totally cuckold Bob by fucking and owning Kay. That woman was a nympho and they had the hottest stories in the original series

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
yes, the more the merrier and the happier and that special satisfied feeling

you have created a masterpiece here. Keep the characters the same but broaden their horizons and add new people with different needs and desires.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
THIS IS A BETTER READ

Your initial story sure had its' moment but I like this opening. Smoother transitions. Better sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Easy on the eyes and mind

This story while it is a reboot of your series shows how much your skill has matured making this one stand out from the previous ones. One might consider this like a premium scotch smooth on the palette and throat while the others while still good in their own right where like a cheaper scotch a little rough on the mouth and throat. It is nice to see the characters retained plus some new ones added while others from your original series are yet to appear if at all or appear but details are altered. All in all keep this up and you'll make this series as good if not way better then its predecessor.

jackal_manjackal_manabout 10 years ago
Mixed feelings...

Great to see an update from you, and the writing has definitely become tighter. That being said, I felt this could've been a new story with entirely new characters. I'll be the first to say that I'm a creature of habit who regularly returns to favorite stories (including yours) because of how expansive and warm they are, not to mention the prized scenes you've written. The jacuzzi scene with Mark, Kim, and Nancy in chapter 1? The opening scene from chapter 3 where Vivian and Mark are on the porch? The scene from 'Reunited' between Kim and Frank? Just a few shining examples from a series that burned some wonderful imagery into my head, as I'm sure it did for many others.

I can understand wanting to return to older characters, wanting to improve them--heck, I can even understand looking at older work, cringing, and thinking, "Yeah I can do a hell of a lot better. This deserves an update." I'm not sure what your motive was for rebooting (a good reboot ain't a bad thing)--and I didn't dislike this entry--but there's something about rebooting such a young series that feels unwarranted.

Feeling attached to older stories and characters is natural I'd say, and in some ways, revisiting and revamping is less daunting than starting something completely new...but I quite liked the saga of the original 'Neighborhood' series, as well as the ground it covered. As much as can be said for erotica, there was decent plot, and the inclusion of other relatives (namely Frank) added not only conflict to the equation, but also a variety of pairs. As another reviewer mentioned, Mark seems to be much more alpha in this story, and while that isn't a bad thing for a protagonist in such a situation, once again: it seems wholly different than the Neighborhood series you previously wrote, so much so that this new story can be in a new series and it'd be just as strong, if not stronger.

Anyway, those are just my 2 cents. The writing has become more solid, and I enjoyed it, but my opinion is that this should be another story with different characters. I love seeing older characters in new situations (that's why good sequels rock), but there is something to be said for a writer recognizing when and where things should be kept separate. Hope some of these comments were helpful, and hope to see more from you in the future!

-JM

P.s. This is something I've seen some writers do (if you've got money to spare) is to commission art to accompany stories you've written. Leon22 did this for his Mason High Motivation series. To my knowledge, he's done 2 pieces of art (with a really good artist), but they capture 2 iconic scenes from his stories, and they're brilliant. Seeing something like that really fueled the fire from his stories (which, as a compliment to you, I'll say aren't as well-crafted as yours), and as a reader, was a great way of injecting life and longevity to some already memorable scenes. I'm not suggesting you do this (though it would be cool), but it's meant to illustrate that old ideas have plenty of merit on their own, and there are ways of adding to that fuel while still keeping other ideas separate.

Sex4lf57Sex4lf57over 9 years ago

I loved this reboot. The mom, sister and son are all a good incest story needs. In the original series, the neighbors next door, the cop and the family friend and her housekeeper were hot but unnecessary.

jott50jott50over 9 years ago

i loved both versions...love big titties,sisters,moms ect...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I keep hoping to see sequels to the reboot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Great story...I've read these almost without pausing...always anticipating what's next for Mark and family...wasn't really glad you brought the dad back into the mix...but hoping for more to come !!

OppaiDragonOppaiDragonover 7 years ago
Continued?

Long wait or quit?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Better

Much better than having too many involved!

Archer45Archer45almost 7 years ago
Next chapter

l hope there was a way to let us know when you post the next chapter. When the rest of the family play together

drdawg13drdawg13over 6 years ago
Names

U keel jumping between the original mom's name as Kim and vivian..maybe in ur original version it was V ivian?

drdawg13drdawg13over 6 years ago
Names

Actually just the phone call to her brother gets confusing with the names

goducks1goducks1about 5 years ago
i just finished the original

now this "Reboot". 5 stars. just like the others. its very sexy. BUT WHERE'S CHAPTER 2? PLEASE - i know its been a few years, but WOW - a very sexy story that needs a Happy Ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is an example of why authors teaching seminars, and

professors teaching writing classes insist on the importance of multiple re-writes. It condenses the text, it allows the author to focus on description, emotion and character tension dynamics, instead of 'telling the story'. After adequate re-writes the story telling is done and polished; the next re-write is when the magic can happen, as this 'reboot' demonstrates.

I'd Venture to say this is the best piece you have ever done, on Lit, or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank You

I am so grateful that you portrayed Mark as more of an adult. So many writers describe 18 and 20 year old males as 12 year old, kills the stories for many.

I am looking forward to many more chapters.

LegallySaneLegallySaneover 2 years ago

Being that you portrayed them as being full of themselves, the story gets a 4.

JohnnyGaltJohnnyGaltover 2 years ago

How can this be called a re-boot?

You don't tell the same story slightly revised

This is a completely different story!

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 2 years ago

Almost a totally different story but still good.

FseriesFseriesabout 2 years ago

Couldn’t get interested in the revamped characters because I was burned out with them from the original story line. Already didn’t care for them. Sorry. Even revamped and reading the new story…..nothing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous