All Comments on 'The New Deal Ch. 05'

by litfan10

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
prop69prop69almost 7 years ago
Follow-up to what is a loving and beautiful story

Love the way the next generation is handling the love between each other.

Bringing Jenny into the family and her relationship with Chip was nice.

Interesting how the "other Cindy" will handle sex. I wonder why you had two characters named "CINDY". It does make it a little difficult to keep them straight.

BigPappy42BigPappy42almost 7 years ago
Not sure what more can be said.

I don't know what more to say, i mean....the complements probably get boring to read. LOL! Its the small details that you include in your stories that take it from a good story to great one. How you have woven the small nuances of the characters into a deeply loving love story are awesome. Hope there's more still to come.

MacEachanMacEachanalmost 7 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the *************** That really helps. Great story and I love your characters.

krakbaknsak58krakbaknsak58almost 7 years ago
A Bit Of Everyone. Almost.

A nicely paced chapter that highlighted some of the "lesser" characters, very well.

Excellent to see interaction between Cindy Lynn, Jenny, Craig, and Sue. I am truly looking for ward to Cindy L's awakening, and I do hope that Jenny leads her along this path within the family.

I can see that there may be a plot line re James/Jesse, and it intrigues me.

Again, well done Litfan.

litfan10litfan10almost 7 years agoAuthor
Response to Prop69

Hey again prop69! Thanks again for your comment. The two Cindys - yeah that is an interesting issue. I'm a weird writer. I get a sense of characters and I let them play on paper identifying them using a single letter or number. At some point I get a strong sense of a name and boom! We have a name. I had already established the Lynn daughter as Cindy. As I was playing with (I think she was 'm' or 'x') her I got a strong sense of 'Cindy.' I fought it as I already had one. But it would not let go, she wanted to be Cindy. As much as I didn't like it, I realized that often does happen in really life. At my job we have five Wendys alone besides many other duplications of names. The reason we don't see it so much in literature is without the visual clues we have in real life it can be harder to identify between different characters. Cindy really, really wanted to be Cindy, and I started to appreciate the challenge for me to make it work. So Cindy she stayed. Hopefully I will do my job and make it easy for you to keep them straight.

Great question and very fair criticism.

litfan10litfan10almost 7 years agoAuthor
Response to BigPappy42

Hey BigPappy42. I love your comments. Honestly I love, love, love the comments of all the regulars - are you kidding me! Keep them coming!!!

With all the wonderful time I've spent with these characters (years and years) they have developed into rich characters that I have come to love and want to give them their depth. Thank you for noticing and appreciating it.

Oh, I have plenty more stories to tell. I just need the time to get them down on paper.

Thanks again and happy writing to you as well.

litfan10litfan10almost 7 years agoAuthor
Response to MacEachan

Hey MacEachan! Welcome back. So glad to see you still reading.

Yeah, the asterix was the best solution. Funny thing, in this chapter I had a mini break between Jenny talking to Sue and the text to Craig. I used my traditional extra space but lo and behold it was lost in posting.

I really need to go back and repost the older chapters that need the breaks.

Thanks again and I'm so glad you love the characters.

Please keep in touch!

litfan10litfan10almost 7 years agoAuthor
Response to krakbaknsak58

Hey krakbaknsak58! Thanks as always for your wonderful words. I love them.

I have grown very fond of the entire cast and want them all to shine.

I have to admit, I am having a ton of fun with Cindy L. and her aversion to her parents' lifestyle. Lots to play with here.

Jesse is another character I'm excited about. I have had the pleasure to get to know several transgenders in my life and they were/are wonderful. They definitely have unique complications to work through to find their deserved happiness.

What pushed me over the edge was virtually meeting and then reading 36FF_Tiki's amazing, wonderful series "Quinn" about a transgender. I loved it tremendously. The plot bunnies starting hopping in my head and Jesse was born.

Thanks so much again. I'm finding I'm having as much fun with these comment dialogues as I do with writing!

PrinceLukePrinceLukealmost 7 years ago
hmm...

good chapter im interested in what direction this story is going to go.

litfan10litfan10almost 7 years agoAuthor
Response to PrinceLuke

Hi again PrinceLuke!

I'm curious to see what direction the gang takes me in as well! I have some general ideas but go where the whim takes me as I write!

Thanks as always for your great comments.

Happy reading,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous