All Comments on 'The New Initiate'

by WILSON01

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
WILSON01WILSON01over 12 years agoAuthor
Feedback !

Since nobody else has commented on my tale, I would like to make a few comments.

As a personal fantasy, detail about witchcraft is not too important. However, when written for others to read, that detail is absolutely necessary. Thus, in order to write this tale, I spent two days on witchcraft web sites, to absorb the correct terminology, practices, etc.

Many of the elements in my initiation ceremony are taken from an actual witches' initiation ceremony--for example, closing/opening the circle, the 5 fold kiss, etc. It was interesting to note that in that initiation ceremony the new initiate had all her clothing cut off by the high priestess at the beginning of the ceremony, and that there was a significant amount of 'hands on' contact by the entire coven during the ceremony.

It was also interesting to note that a coven is a true matriarchal society, in that--even if there are men (warlocks) & a high priest in a coven--the high priestess is the covens leader.

Finally, it is also interesting to note that since I wrote this tale down, it no longer serves as a fantasy for me--now I start to think about details, rather than the sexual content. Pity !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous