All Comments on 'The New Wolf Ch. 05'

by Sherrybaby14

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 8 years ago
Loved this

This twist was amazing. Lucas keeps getting chances to turn himself around. I think we can all identify with him a little bit. We know something isbright, but we talk ourselves into something else because we want something else.

Lucas thought Clara was beautiful after he saw her, but now he is saying Roxy is hotter. He wants his cake and his pie at the same time. I can't wait to see what happens next.

David. Ahhhh. I am slightly in love with David. He is a good man. I do want them to mark each other. So lovely.

redlion75redlion75almost 8 years ago

this is how a mate/alpha should treat a new wolf/mate, with openness and care. not like some wild animal with control issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hell Ya!

Great turnaround!

Lucas continue to spiral down and I can wait to read his (eventual) downfall.

James kept his sub-par alpha behavior.

As for the main dish can't wait to see Clara grow comfortable in her skin and grow with David.

oneoflifesjewelsoneoflifesjewelsalmost 8 years ago
Great chapter!

Your story just keeps getting better. I love the direction this is going. Thank you.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 8 years ago
Ch. 6

Loved this chapter. David is the stuff. Now, have Lucas grow up and end up with Roxy..

Wolftight21Wolftight21almost 8 years ago
^^

Fingers crossed for David. ^^

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Huzzah!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! David is my new champion! I loved everything about this chapter! I only wish Lucas could have felt the full pain of what happens when your mate sleeps with someone else just because he deserves that pain! But i love David and their relationship. I love Clara and the new pack is soooo much better than the other one! Glad to see James finally being an alpha hope he beats Lucas's but. And something very bad needs to happen to Roxy ASAP!!! But every time you write a new chapter i feel like it's not enough and I need another one! please update soon!!

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 8 years ago

I'm honestly glad Lucas has confirmed himself as a total, unapologetic douche with this chapter. Previously he was selfish and myopic, but as someone else said, you could sort of identify with him acting against his better judgment. Now he's clearly just a monster and we don't have to feel conflicted about whether the bad boy deserves to find redemption. The answer is no.

Also, so glad David is available and interested. But also glad everything's not just automatically okay--we get to see Clara struggle to understand herself and her new life. Great job at using different kinds of conflict to keep the story going!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lucas is a Lunatic

Seriously the guys nuts! He' talking about killing his former best friend by slitting his throat and keeping his "mate" in a cell while also having Roxy on the side. Roxy's not going to even want him once she finds out he lost his beta position. I really hope nothing bad happens to James because after finding his mate and knowing what it's like to have one he really stepped up and became a real alpha. Though the real alpha is David he's so perfect and his story was so heartbreaking it made me love him more! Also love how realistic Clara's thoughts are and how she's hesitant with James after what she been through. I love this story please don't top uploading!

shytxgrlshytxgrlalmost 8 years ago
David

Please don't let her break David's heart. He is awesome for her...right now at now. Lucas is a lunatic and I don't think it is from the rejection of Clara.

honeybreehoneybreealmost 8 years ago
5 stars!!! Keep the chapters coming please...

Usually I don't like fast sex build ups, but this chapter pleasantly surprised me. David and Clara love scene was sexy but realistic. I am rooting for David, if he wasn't turned I would have thought he was a natural born "wolf" based on his personality and the way people take to him. Furthermore, I like how Clara and David balance each other out because they both have two different personalities but it meshes well, can't wait to see how this goes especially since they have not only 1 but 2 enemies because something is telling me the outed wolf Clara ran into is going to rear his head right alone with Lucas. Speaking of which Ugh...Lucas is just a demented lunatic, he has no respect for anyone but himself. Honestly, if he can go this far with thinking of challenging and killing his "BFF" then he always harbored those feelings deep down. I hope James can get wise real fast and get an alliance going because not only is Clara at risk but him, his newly mate and his pack.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 8 years ago
Pondering

I wonder if the alpha that was out casted could be the wolf that accosted Clara?

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 8 years ago
Pondering

Could the rogue be the out casted alpha?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great writing!!

I'm sad because I love a good fated mates story. I was holding out hope for Lucas and Clara to get together. Like maybe she left thr pack and started dating her new alpha giving Lucas horrible chest pains for months (payback). But Lucas learns a lesson and changes to be the type of mate a girl like Clara would want since they are fated mates. Yeah...I put a lot of thought into this. But I love this story no matter what!!!

SilencedsnowSilencedsnowalmost 8 years ago
Dreamy David

I was hoping this is where the story was leading. David really seems to be the right lesson for her.

cjt62cjt62almost 8 years ago
Great

Thanks for the chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I'm in love!

I'm on team David! Love this story. Keep those chapters coming!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I had hope for Clara and Lucas, but that Boy/Wolf is Deranged. Wants Clara as his Mate and Roxy The Whore, as his whore. And what he wants to do to his Alpha. I am Definitely, TEAM DAVID.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Love it

I absolutely love this story. I've read all of your writings and find them captivating. I've got your profile here bookmarked and check back daily for new chapters!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Yes! First of all, thank you for the update.

I don't really read much werewolf stories, but I really feel like I'm learning about them as I read your story, didnt know what this "marking" situation was until now.

Okay, so we found out more about david, felt so bad for the poor guy.

But, obviously that's good for clara, right!? Things moved a bit fast with them though.

Lucas.... lucas, lucas, lucas.... you need some help man. His thinking patern is frightening. Mark clara but have roxy still. I really wanted him to feel the pain clara felt when he had been with roxy, but I feel like he will get exactly what he deserves in time.

Please keep up the good work.

-Kai. =)

RoleplaybabygirlRoleplaybabygirlalmost 8 years ago
Woo!

I absolutely love this story! David seems like such a sweetheart! Keep up the great job. I'm looking forward to your next chapter. :)

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 8 years ago

I like your take on refusing mates, and what happens when your mate has already chosen someone else. Because of HEA's, those options are rarely taken in stories. I love how Clara and David are free to choose each other as a result! I've also never seen a were have sex with someone else after they've found their true mate. The physical pain in response to that makes sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hate it

Hate this story

Celtic_moon28Celtic_moon28almost 8 years ago
LOVE IT!!

THIS IS AN AWESOME STORY! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

redheadedangel6769redheadedangel6769almost 8 years ago
Very Nice!!

Can't wait until your next submission!! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hmmmmmm, intriguing.

The development of your world and its mechanics is keeping me looking forward to more. As I've mentioned before and the other commenter stated, the HEAs and fated matches are nice, but tend to be terribly toutine and unimaginative. I have to ask: is this part of a larger universe of stories? It doesn't appear to be having glaced over your other stories, but I'd love to see more when this one ends. You've really captured the niche of the unfated, the unmarked and possibly the human half. Impressions:

David. I like the fact that he's not some super alpha, kicking ass and taking names, and seems to understand the balance between wolf and human, an important leadership quality in werewolves. I think his ability to help Clara become a part of the pack will be what they need to cement their own bond.

Clara. She's obviously weighted to her human side since Lucas ruined her transition to the first pack, and it'll be interesting to see what influences she as on a pack that is mostly weighted to their wolf sides, as the Turned probably aren't that common. There's alot of room for bonding there. I would imagine her own taste in art might inspire some members to explore that. Who knows? They're people too, and other authors tend to forget people have interests and hobbies well as pack talents like soldier, alpha or medic.

The pack. They're clearly loyal to and bonded to their alpha, something that Lucas has shown isn't universal. James weak leadership was kind of noticeable when some of that other pack bought Lucas lies before being set straight. As with humans not all leaders command loyalty and respect. That may be very imoortant, especially against a motre pwerful pack.

Roxy. Poor gal, i don't see it ending well for her. I don't know how old she is or how long she's been waiting, but it's clear shes in deep for Lucas, and would end up like David's mate if she marked him. I doubt he'd allow that, but his influence is her poison.

James. His constant forgiveness of Lucas flaws is digging his own grave. Between his weak leadership and new mate distraction, i see it ending badly for him in the challenge, with his mate potentially being outcast for the wrong reason. There's some story opportunities there - can a were outcast be saved from madness when the outcasting was unjust? Hmmmm.

James pack. Alpha traditionally sets the pack rules, but how much loyalty would Lucas command? Hmmmmmm. Still, he's a poison and cam make a pretty good case for getting his mate back, because they dont have all the facts.

Lucas. Yeah, hes halfway gone, and I think that his skills coupled with his encroaching madness means he can easily take James or David. Fortunately he has no challenge rights to David, and pack loyalty matters. Muhaha?

The Council & ramifications. I can see this potentially sending the were world into a upheaval... with the weight of a pack behind him, a bunch of toothless old wolves are easy prey if t h ey try to intervene or he wants to deprive other packs of resources pre emptively. They're an intriguing element, as they are probably too comfortable and usually safe since they're doling out the dollars. While not completely defenseless, i can't see a bunch of soft extremely old men who have given up their packs for earning money do anything but go down fighting with their mates at their sides. Yeah, probably a story in itself.

You've set it up for a lot of good conflict, heroism and losses without setting up a bunch of syruppy Happily Ever After. I welcome the change. Looking forward to the next chapter, thanks!

Two Cents plus.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wow

Lucas is a complete nut case! He needs to be inside the Looney-bin for wolves, if you know what I mean.

Love that Clara and David are working it out. Very adorable and sweet couple. Hope that by the end of this they stick together, because I can totally see Lucas being killed or marking that evil Roxy.

ColddesireColddesirealmost 8 years ago

Lucas is beyond redemption and I am glad Clara saw that. She is better off with David .

VorstenVorstenabout 6 years ago
Love the spin

I am loving the spin on the life mates thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSherrybaby14@Sherrybaby14
Hi! Still writing, but lately more on tumblr and ao3. Sort of fallen into The Walking Dead fandom, will write originals again soon

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES