All Comments on 'The New York City Boy Scout'

by NYCSeparatedWM50

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 8 years ago
That was

...a nice story. I liked it.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
A good and sweet story, even if it's a sad one...

A good and sweet story, even if it's a sad one...So let's say that it's a bitter-sweet story...3*

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
That was a Romance story.

A good, Five Star read.

The kind of five Star read that gladdens the heart.

Thank you.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
A literary dash of bittersweetness

Strangers connecting under stress sans blessings of marriage and no strife resulting? Clearly this is Loving Wives heresy. The " another cold shower " line was very timely. I thank the author for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Odd choices.

With a married daughter in Florida, why did the crippled husband and healthy educated wife become cave dwellers in NYC? She could have easily found work as a PT in Florida, and their lives would have been so much fuller sharing it with their family. And considering that their neighbor across the hall, for 10 YEARS, didn't know Roger existed, not their names, nor anything about them, reflects the sterile empty environment they lived in. Made no sense.

After 2 years of sharing their lives, their resources, and their love, Helen just moves away when her husband dies? Why now? And why not either stay with Bill in NYC or take him with her to FLA? Makes no sense.

But this line from the story may reflect the answers to my questions above: "That was when I noticed, in a dark corner, a cluster of baseball bats leaning against the wall." You obviously know nothing about criminals in NYC, people in times of crisis, or asserting your constitutional rights to life and liberty. Or you just wanted to portray some politically correct fiction. Criminals in NYC carry guns. Three people protecting a high rise apartment building in NYC with ball bats are fools, at first, then they are just dead.

So I appreciate the effort, but your characters' choices made no sense, undermining the entire plot. And what was the plot? Some strangers met by accident, became fuck buddies and lovers by intention, then became strangers again, for no good reason. Odd choices. And your story's rating reflects it.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 8 years ago
Odd choices?

You have never lived IN NYC 🗽.

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Odd piece

But very real in my opinion. The sex act is not the only way to demonstrate love.

SharedSigneSharedSignealmost 8 years ago
@ Mattblack - agree - 5 stars

It gladdened my heart too. It was so sweet and loving on the part of all three. The feelings of all three were clear and felt real and sincere. No one was "cheating," no one was a "cuckold." No one had to be slapped around, beaten, burned, destroyed, or killed. How very refreshing for a change. I'm curious to know if you got hate comments from anonymous people and deleted them? I'm giving this story the max 5 stars and wish I could give it more. I'll favorite it and the author, which is the most I can do. Thank you very much for posting this NYC guy. .

artykay63artykay63almost 8 years ago
Heartwarming

Nice light and sympathetic touch. Thankyou for the warm feeling.

AndrewmsailingAndrewmsailingover 6 years ago
A beautiful tale, lovingly told.

A gentle and loving take on an established trope. Once again you capture love and its evanescence without any hint of bitterness or sadness but rather with acceptance. Once again, well done and thank you.

jntiquesjntiquesalmost 6 years ago

Dear Author, Nicely done. Truly enjoyable. Thank you. jntiques

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very nice story. Thank you for sharing.

5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNYCSeparatedWM50@NYCSeparatedWM50
Tall, separated, well-educated executive and open minded. My stories are all true. I married too young. She wanted a minivan, 2.3 kids, and a white picket fence, and I wanted to see the world. It was never destined to last. After the pain of our divorce, I realized I wa...