All Comments on 'The Nuclear Family Pt. 01'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 294 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The world asks 'Where is part 2 '???

Especially as many of us enjoyed pert 1....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Is it Sunday yet? Maybe he meant every OTHER Sunday since his stories feature people named Other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hi, could the author please let us know when to expect the next update?

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

Writers: lesson to be learned - NEVER set a schedule for release - SCHMIT HAPPENS ! and readers getting cranky (not understanding the process or work involved for their FREE enjoyment).

Generalize - any release announcements never commit ===> but please do not be like TTT 'A Town Without Honor' 03/17, who put out five parts and failed to complete the story (seems he became to focused on e-book$) OR Soldierboy who never finished the Pat Quinn saga but promised the final chapter, 05/17.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’ve read your other stories and I’m hoping that the man in this series has some balls, in your other stories the Mc becomes depressed and a lawyer or friend will save him and then everything becomes ok, the mc even forgives the ex, this criteria is most of your stories, try giving this guy some anger and balls.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dear Sir, please do not tell people one thing and do another. Part 2 is now long overdue. This is a great story but is being spoiled by not delivering part 2. I, like many others, read more than 1 story and having to reread part 1 because you have lost the thread is frustrating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wasted a lot of time on dialogue with his family. Most of it was repetitive, unecessary downright stupid. I'll try part 2 but unless something changes I'll not make it through the story and be done with this.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 2 years ago

Really good start, I liked it. It seems a very familiar story line to me but since I read a lot of stories, I suppose there are a lot that have similar themes. You do need to boost your editing staff because I noticed a few mistakes. Some may be because what is acceptable regionally may not translate properly else wear. I've noticed a lot of Commonwealth country's use on for one. To me on is when you want to turn on the light to illuminate the darkness and if you want to write the numeral 1 you spell it one. Not that big a deal really but it annoys me. In your story, the last mistake I remember in this story, because I wasn't really keeping track, was "Common rocket legs, your being released, ... I think, in fact I'm sure, what you meant to write was ... "Come on rocket legs, your being released, ... Simple mistake, but anything that detracts from the free flow and comprehension of your story hurts it.

I'm looking forward to the next part. It's posted today so maybe I will get a chance to read it later.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story. Thanks for writing.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 2 years ago

As always very entertaining, can’t wait for the following chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked it, though VERY VERY similar to the story Betrayed (forget the author)…

Daikkenn74Daikkenn74almost 2 years ago

This is one hell of a story I can see influences from other authors whom I enjoy reading. Although releasing them one a month is going to drive me insane, I look forward to the last two installments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A lot of rehashing of the issues, over and over again, between him, his stupid and slutty ex-wife, and his family. Same arguments, same issues, too many times. That's boring for your readers, plus it tends to diminish the severity of the offense. Good story, just very repetitive.

.

The Bible says, "Cast not your pearls before swine...". If the bad people, and his family is made up of bad people, if those bad people can't understand what they did wrong, or they're being deliberately obtuse just to try and keep him talking... just walk away. They'll figure it out on their own, or they won't, but either way, who cares? They're the scum of the earth: walk away.

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 2 years ago

Good job!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I'm amused by the error-ridden comment below attempting to point out your grammar errors.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 2 years ago

Rated 4 out of 5 due to the never ending repetitive regurgitation of the family issues. This story would have been a lot more impactful if the family issues were presented once with a BRIEF revisit.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
By

By the time the fourth part is published,everyone will have forgotten what the story is about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It’s hard to believe that a family could be that stupid. But many unbelievable things are in fact true, and human stupidity and narcissism sadly all too common.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99almost 2 years ago

Somebody said the story would be better without rehashing everything every time they met. I agree.

However, that is how he writes. I also think that in Double or Nothing after his first confrontation with his daughter, Terry should have just turned his back and walked away, and not kept trying to reach her. To me his preaching to her just got old.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To Daikkenn74: Author wrote that releases are once a week, not once a month.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another copy of a similar story!!

WHY DOESN'T CUCKY EMAIL THE VIDEO TO ALL AND SUNDRY!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Naive. Much redundancy. It would be much improved by tightening up.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ It seems like I've read this same story with MINOR changes from another author on this site. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why keep repeating the same dialog over and over? Make your point and move on. This chapter could have been shorter without the constant repitition. I don't think authors on this site get paid by the word.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Seems like the start of another good series, Goodie!😁

XacksonXacksonover 1 year ago

Yo everyone wondering why he doesn’t email the video to everyone, while I agree he should have, Revenge Porn is a serious crime in Australia and it would do him absolutely no good. Our legal system is fucked beyond belief.

CDRLawCDRLawover 1 year ago

Why does everybody have to talk so much? Is that what they do in Australia?

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

The dialog with both the parents and the sister was ludicrious and absurd at best. The conversations with the wife were just silly stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looks good so far, can't wait to finish this.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

I have read a similar storyline in the past, though that one was centered somewhere in the states.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I always love to read your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good stuff. Cant wait for more smashing by the lead dog and the new babe. GO get em tiger.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

The worst is that people like that truly exist. Idiots who take the position of a victim when you aren't cleaning the shit after them, accusing you that you make their life harder, that they can't handle the stress becuase their lifestyle so far wasn't this demanding. Arguing doesn't help becuase you only end up with mental damage, a headache, and exhaustion.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

" I knew if the police were watching on the closed-circuit camera, they would be selling tickets."

Oh yeah!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Repetitive dialog. The MMA fighting seems irrelevant to the story. I hope it goes away as it adds nothing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just beginning my second read through, still good! Love your work. THANKS!

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

Doesn't seem like it needs more...he left the skank and put Dude in the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Way to long winded. The MC likes to talk, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The main MC needs to stop talking so much. It's getting boring. Over and over the same shit discussion. Really?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have no respect for your pussy hero. It was not until the very end of this chapter that he did what he should have done at the start. maybe the next chapter will be better now that he has manned up.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Childish tantrums, lots of empty threats. +1 to all previous comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So far, so good. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too much verbal diarrhea with the bitch sister Joanne and whore Georgia

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Well done. I don't understand why it's more ok for the cheating wife to cheat in a hotel, the office, or in their home, but not in the bed they share. Seems to me far more disturbing would be the type of sex they share, the things they say and the amount of time it goes on for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Been done much better before with almost the same scenario.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 1 year ago

This is a remix of another story with the same cast of characters. " Betrayed" I think it was?🤔

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I lost all respect for hubby when he did not beat his brothers ass when he found them fucking. I quit there as it will be impossible to get any respect back for hubby. If he had beat his ass then and there, i would still be reading. BY BY.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[23.02.23]

Whenever I hear/read 'Sunshine Coast' I am reminded of the British comedian Bill Bailey's bit about metal music and different accents not working with that genre of music.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Enough of interest to keep me reading, despite all the cliches and tropes. Descriptions of facial expressions and action were good, as was keeping all the characters straight and realistic dialog. For improvement, it felt like certain things were repeated far too many times. Every time Robbie had someone new to interact with, he had to go through the whole megillah again. Think about how you might find one good place for it and then put it there. On to part 2.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
I realize that you warned us.

But simply because you warned us you were going to be writing this way doesn’t make the story any better.

Your main character is emotionally 10 years old. It’s entirely unreasonable for all of the people in his family to act this way. Yes, again, I know you warned us, but it still makes for a lousy story.

Entirely too much butt-hurt victim mentality here. Real men don’t do this. Little boys do.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh this is good, great plot so far really nice set of characters with just about everything going on at the same time…. Looking forward to part 2

Chimney SweepChimney Sweepabout 1 year ago

Good stuff. As a fellow author, I see a few things that could be improved, but overall very good. Another commenter brought up the repetition of the gory details and I have to agree. A bit too much there. It is a bit unrealistic for the entire family to be that crazy, but... artistic license, right? I rarely get to rhe end of a 5 pager, but you kept me hooked. Well done. 5 stars.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

MC's responses were way too weak and wimpy when he caught them together in bed, and then his responses to his parents, and then the confrontation with his sister.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Since his soon to be ex-wife fucked him over, he should told Georgia he would come back to her after she Aborted her Pregnancy Before the baby was born, Other wise no deal. And if it was to late to do it in Australia, she could just fly to some Democratic run state in America, where you can get the Abortion Up until They cut the biblical cord. When she comes back after Aborting his brother's baby, then divorce anyway. Just to fuck them both over!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story, after reading the comments by Buttweiler, sorry, Rutttweiler, I clicked on his/her profile, anxious to read his/her btb stories. Guess what, nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Yes, son, you're too valuable."

The entire story rests upon the above words. If you believe that it is realistic for parents to not tell their son about the absolute maximum in betrayal in order to squeeze just a little more value out of him before he finds out and melts down then this story is for you. If you believe that this son should just suck it up and carry on as his parents obviously do then , by all means, give this story a 5.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I can’t believe a grown man writes such adolescent melodrama.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Had to laugh at the dumbass Anon comment below claiming that some democrat states allow the abortion of a viable foetus at any stage in the pregnancy. How can people be so ill informed when the internet is available to all.

@ the Anon below - I too would like to think that this story is simple melodrama and farcical but unfortunately there really are narcissistic families that treat their offspring as if they're money fountains. The story of one of Hollywood's first child stars Jackie Coogan tells you all you need to know about such toxic families when it comes to money ... but sadly there are more, and as for extended families ... well when you have useless lazy people living off the work of others - as in far too many wealthy families - you have people that are willing to close their eyes and become morally ambivalent for the sake of their own ease.

There really are shitty people and shitty families out there, so no this story isn't as unbelievable as it may seem.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I can’t believe a grown man writes such amazing stories.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is a well used story line. A bit long winded .It would be nice to see people write original stories. No stars for you.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger12 months ago

Outstanding, 5 pages of anger, well written to sustain that rather than it becoming old.

Look forward to teh rest of the story

StruckwrongStruckwrong11 months ago

A lot of Dialogue but the seething rage in the face of his families unfathomable ignorance kept me interested.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why did not you suspect that you were actually your parents' son and did a paternity test? Why did you not suspect that your in-laws were covering for their daughter either? That felt logical to me.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

ROTFL -This story is awesome, I read it all when it first came out and the second time, it's even better.

I love how he knocks his brother out, how he shuts his parents out, and (Sorry spoilers) but how this part ties to the courtroom scene and aftermath in Part 4.

This story literally kicks ass. the rest of you paying out on it need to have a kit-kat and chill the fuck out a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

For someone who stated he doesn't have a family anymore and for them to leave him alone, he sure spends a hell of a lot of time talking to them.

The conversations drag on and on and on.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat9 months ago

I've read this a couple of times. Great stories never get old.

allyliterallyallyliterally7 months ago

Nice beginning, good flow. Just about the right balance between dialogue and action.

I was expecting, being a business person myself, that Robbie would have started a rival business, taking all the good people with him, and letting the family business flounder.

Just goes to show, I'm not a writer 😂

Onto part 2. If my productivity suffers because of you, I'll make sure to let you know.

Best,

Ally

Madeira1076Madeira10767 months ago

Looking forward to the main character getting his shit together and kicking ass.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

How Jerry Springer

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Stop reading as soon as you inserted Amy. What a SLUT!!!!!! Never finish this chapter and no plan to read the rest. Lost my interest. 2 stars and that is too much.

Sordid999Sordid9996 months ago

Doesn't this author have another account? I could swear thT there are other arories out there that use the Last name 'other' for their MC.

If anyone knows I'd appreciate a link.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Kinda boring.

Easy solution…come back to work on 2 conditions:

1. Junior is fired with cause, no severance and no recommendation.

2. Dad gets a brother, cousin, uncle, nephew to fuck mom nightly for 3 months. It’s only sex, right?

Fair is fair.

MiddleTMiddleT6 months ago

I’ve read this story multiple times. It and the whole series are among my favorites. I would much rather read a story about someone who’s life has been turned upside down than a simple jerk off story that any adolescent could write. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just too convenient to have Amy drop in to save the day. I won't be reading any more of this series.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright5 months ago

Any woman having a crush on her sister's boyfriend/husband that hard and for that long is a major red flag. She definitely has mental problems, that the type of chic that'll accuse you flirting with girl taking your order at McDonald's, or blaming you of wanting to fuck the girl at the register when your paying for gas.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not only stupid but the whole story is a steal from another author about exactly the same scenario of the brother being sent out of town to cover for the lovers and the family business falling apart. Can’t recall the name of the story ATT.

enderlocke77enderlocke775 months ago

have u read soul71 betrayed maybe next time at least change the names. maybe u are soul71

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just read Betrayed by soul71. Similar.

Read this story. No sympathy for Hattie, she enabled her husband's rotten behavior from the start and son Brad's too!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This asshole writer has Robbie forgiving the bitches Hattie, Joanne and Georgia. That old cunt Hattie is even in his home. Robbie is a fucking loser

other2other1other2other15 months agoAuthor

Hey everyone, thank you for the continued comments (mostly). When I wrote this one, I had read Soul71’s ‘Betrayed’ perhaps a year before hand, through I didn’t understand until on reader pointed it out that I was channeling a lot of elements of that story.

I reached out to Soul71, and he let me know he had no issues, and gave me permission. Our stories also end up in very different places. You’ll note that I do credit my inspiration to Soul71 for this one ;).

Kind of going to ignore the personal insults thrown at me, but yes I see them…

As always, none of us that publish here make a living from this, we do this for ourselves, so please read the tags before you read the next part and if you don’t like the story, how I write, or any number of things, then may I suggest that you find a different story to read.

Cheers

John Other :)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For someone who has disowned his family, he sure spends a lot of time talking to them. And the dialogue was rather monotonous with no new ground being covered. You're a good writer so I'll continue on to chapter 2 as I'm assuming he's moving away.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not a bad story, but after this massive betrayal, I feel very little rage from the MC. Sorry but he comes across too weak.

He catches his brother fucking his wife, and this 3rd degree black belt sits there and rationally talks to them instead of smacking his brother down. Then when his brother threatens to attack him, again he wimps out and does nothing. He sits there an argues with his parents over their betrayal wherreas they deserved to be spit on and his walking out.

Then when his sister confronts him and verbally attacks her, again he calmly argues with her instead of demanding and or physically throwing her out, which she deserved.

The discussion with his soon to be ex-wife was way to cerebral and very little emotion. He is way too calm and again, lacking in the rage that should have been there from the betrayal of his wife, brother, sister and both parents.

The only time it almost comes out is when he finally knocks out his brother, but then that silliness about how he always keeps a promise.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What, now we get caught plagiarizing other people's work from 2 years previously, and we call it channeling somebody else's work? Not sure if that's just a bad lying, or self-deception. And "channeling," really? What are you some new age wacko? Who even says something like that?..

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Badly repetitive, kind of goes nowhere. Having this sister-in-law step in for an easy rescue makes this kind of stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't know why everyone is calling the dude weak for. What do you expect him to do, go all Bloodsport on his mom and dad? At first he's in shock and devastated, but they are his parents and his sister. The only one of the assholes that he could feasibility retaliate against gets roundhoused to hell. Also take into account ALL martial arts teach discipline and restraint. Think before you comment, I have yet to read one of Mr. Other's stories that wasn't at least good if not brilliant.

skruff101skruff1012 months ago

Well I’ve finally read the most disgusting thing ever written, it has disturbed me so much I’ve been having nightmares since.

Just who the hell does this author think he is writing a MC that would willingly and knowingly put gravy on his chips. Absolutely disgusting.

I’m now contemplating therapy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Love your tropes and clichès.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I like to circle back and read through your collection from time to time, your stories are satisfying to me.

MehntalityMehntality29 days ago

Jeez....This literally could have been a 3-page story if you cut out the dozen or so times he repeated the whole situation to anyone in earshot.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Channeling my ass, edit like Mehnatity pointed out and it would be practically word for word. I have never in all my years on Lit said ONE negative comment about a writer - you are the first in twenty years (just Australia in place of the US).

somewhere east of Omaha

Btrying2Btrying26 days ago

Super fine storytelling. I am so invested in reading this. Go Robbie! Burn all of’em. Let Amy heal you.

Thanks for sharing your talents. John

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Situational pathos. Dumped into an alternate reality, one has to find the ground to get stability so as to rise, confront the threat and act to defend oneself. Mr. Author you have the most bizaare situations that you launch your sagas...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories