The Old King and the New Bride Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fine, I see." Her tone was angry, almost bitchy. "It's that Leyna girl, isn't it?"

Leyna? What does she have to do with this?

Michelle sniffed quietly behind him. "You love her, don't you?"

Shaken, angry and utterly confused, Lucifer turned to face his queen. She stared up at him with wide hazel eyes, more saddened than angry. Her lower lip quivered slightly as if from pain, but no heartache rested in her eyes, they were curiously empty, bereft of all emotion except for a cunning slyness that made his skin crawl.

He shook his head slowly, the pieces starting to fall into place. "Michelle, no. I despise that woman. She's a rotten, selfish little shit. I couldn't care about her I tried. She's been after me for centuries, and she can't accept that she's not my queen but you are."

For an instant, Michelle pulled back. Her eyes showed confusion, almost hurt buy his words. "You hate her?" Her voice was hopeless, as if praying for the opposite answer.

He nodded. "Yes. I love you, not Leyna. Not Lilith. You have so much more than Leyna could ever have, no matter how hard she tires..."

The final piece of the puzzle slid into place. Leyna! Of course! That witch would do anything to further her own ambitions, and casting spells was by no means below her.

That's it, then. That whore did something to her that set her off balance.

His rage nearly making his skin boil, Lucifer gave a sharp growl and spun towards the door. He stormed across the smooth tile, his mind once against set one a single target: finding Leyna. He reached the door and grasped the handle, throwing it wide open as he began to step into the hall.

"Lucifer! Where are you going?"

He never looked back. "To find Leyna. Whatever that bitch did to you, I'm going to fix it."

"Wait!"

She raced to him, gripping his shoulders and spinning him around. Caught off guard, he stayed still just long enough for her to sink to her knees and start her fingers working at his pants.

Her warm hazel eyes flicked to him, a playful smile on her lips. "You've had such a long, shit day. Let me help you relax."

"Michelle!" He shouted at her, not meaning to frighten but to stun. He had to leave and find Leyna and figure out what the fuck was wrong.

She was so nervous, her fingers couldn't undo his jeans. Nevertheless, she kept her winning smile trained on him. "Please? You know I love it."

This isn't my Michelle. Leyna's done something to her. That witch.

"Not now! Once I find Leyna, you can suck all you like." He shook his head, stepping back out of her reach. Spinning, he gripped the handle of the door in his hands and pulled it shut as he stepped into the hall.

"NO! Lucifer, you-"

He slammed the door behind him, cutting off her pleas. He tapped the smooth wood with his fingers, hearing the massive locks click into place. She would be safer here, locked away where Leyna couldn't reach here again.

Satisfied, Lucifer turned and strode down the main corridor, his blood boiling and his mind racing. If Leyna really did cast a spell on Michelle, he'd have her executed for treason and cast into the pits. His footsteps echoed around the solid rock, his only company besides his fury.

All he needed was to do was find Leyna and then Michelle would be back to normal...hopefully.

* * *

Kerion and I continue to make our way down the empty hall. My mind is racing, trying to formulate a plan that will fix this mess. Lilith's abandoned us because she hates me, but we do have Belphagor and the other fallen angels on our team, so we're not completely alone. But we still don't have a game plan for how we're going to take Leyna down. For now, we're just going to have to think as we go.

"You think Lilith will change her mind?" I ask softly, already knowing the answer.

Kerion shakes his head. "I doubt it. The threat of Lucifer's wrath is enormous, but I guarantee the Lilith's pride and selfishness will win out in the end."

I sigh softly and hang my head an inch. "Sad, isn't it? She's willing to be killed by Lucifer just to see me miserable."

Kerion strokes my back with one of his legs. "Lilith's nothing more than a woman's body with a child's mind. Lucifer will never kill her -- she's far too high in the ranks for him to punish her that harshly. But I promise you, he will make her life far, far worse once he finds out about her betrayal."

I shoot him a confused look. "Betrayal? All she did was laugh at me. I don't think that counts as stabbing someone in the back."

Kerion shakes his head. "Don't take this the wrong way, you majesty, but the betrayal is not towards you. It's towards Lucifer and the kingdom of Hell itself."

"How so?" Not towards me? Now I'm curious.

"Human though you may be, you are queen here. It's the duty of every demon and fallen angel to protect you and Lucifer at any cost. Lilith turning her back on us is going against the highest rules we have. She's not only slighting you, but Lucifer, the fallen angels and every demon that resides here. She's disregarding, even sacrificing, every life here to further her own ambition. According to our laws, that's treason."

Oh. Shit.

I stare dumbfounded at Kerion. I know Lilith is selfish and nasty, but I never imagined that she'd go that far. Practically turning her back on Lucifer just to see me suffer! She's not just cruel, she's psychotic.

Even mom's not that bad.

I sigh again and stare down the hallway. So my greatest enemy is willing to risk her own life, and everyone else's apparently, just to spite me. Well, at least Belphagor and the others are loyal. I shake off my surprise and brush the dirt from my shoulder. If Lilith wants to leave us out in the cold, fine. I'll be sure to tell Lucifer how much 'help' she gave us.

"Alright," I start slowly. "What now? Lilith's given us the middle finger and Leyna's got my husband. But Belphagor and the other fallen angels are on our side. Do you think we have a shot at winning this?"

Kerion's silent for a moment. "We might. If the angels do their job well, Leyna won't be able to send out an execution order. That gives us the upper hand in this fight, but it won't guarantee victory."

"You're right," My mood suddenly turns sour. "Lilith might side with Leyna jut to fuck with me."

"Unfortunately, yes. That kind of subversion is not below her."

"Fine, then," I spit the words at the ground. "We'll do it alone."

I pick up my speed, so infuriated with Lilith that I'm ready to kill Leyna now just to see the look on her face. I storm down the hallway, my mind set on tearing Leyna limb from limb and then playing soccer with her head. A thin strand of sticky silk wraps around my wrist, jerking me to a halt. I stare at it, confused, as Kerion crawls up alongside me.

"I appreciate your passion for this, Michelle, but storming into that room will not help us here. Lucifer may think that you, as Leyna, are simply trying to take on his queen. He must understand what's happening first. Going in without explaining your situation is suicide."

I groan in annoyance, but I see his point. Without knowing that Leyna and I have switched, he'll mistake me for being Leyna and try to kill me off.

"So how do we convince him of that?" I scowl at Kerion.

The old spider thinks for a moment. ""We'll have to get him alone and explain the situation without Leyna being present."

I scoff angrily. "How? Leyna knows we're after her, so I don't think she'll just let him go off on his own. She'll do anything to stay by him to dispute everything we say."

Kerion shakes his head, a soft glint in his eyes. "Not if Leyna makes a mistake. She knows nothing of how you and Lucifer are together, so she'll have to improvise. And even then, she won't be able to keep up the charade for long. Lucifer will eventually notice something's out of hand and leave."

"But she'll try to stop him!" I counter.

I'm honestly starting to panic. I have the will and the anger necessary to take Leyna down and get my body back, but parading around as me means she's got unlimited power and resources to take me out. She could win this if I don't move fast enough, and there's always the threat of Lilith showing her disgusting head and fucking it up for me even more.

"Once Lucifer is frustrated, it's best to stay out of his way. Even Leyna knows that. Even you know that. If she were to try to stop him, that would just be another red flag."

"OH!" I throw my hands up into the air and slam them against my head. "This is ridiculous! I know she hates me, but she doesn't have to take everything! It's like fighting a fucking child!"

"Leyna!"

My husband's voice rolls through the hallway, so full of anger and fury that I'm nearly knocked over by the mere sound of it. Kerion is stunned too, almost collapsing to the ground. I manage to remain steady and collect my equilibrium, but my heart is racing. My husband is coming for me, unaware of the change I've gone through or the torrent of emotions I'm feeling.

Oh no.

For the few seconds I have before I must turn to face him, I ponder what to do. I can't just tell him what's going on -- he'll never believe me. But I feel so awkward and foolish pretending to be Leyna in front of him. I hate to lie to him, but I'm too afraid of his legendary anger to try to tempt fate by telling him the truth.

"Look at me." His voice swirls in my ear, soft but focused and angry. He's right behind me, his hot breath cascading down my back.

I freeze, my lungs seizing up and my heart nearly stopping. Kerion is staring wide-eyed at me, as fearful and nervous as I am. Slowly, I gather my strength, reminding myself the he is my husband, and turn to face him.

Full lips are twisted into a cruel scowl. An impossibly beautiful face has hardened into a mask of absolute contempt. His brilliant gold eyes pierce through me, and my knees nearly buckle under me. They're so filled with power and hatred that I'm almost moved to tears. He's so angry, so suspicious of Leyna that he nearly hates her. But right now, with his eyes glaring at me, it feels as if I'm the object of his fury.

I swallow and collect whatever strength I have left, lifting my head and staring straight back at him. He towers over me in Leyna's slightly smaller frame, and I have to crane my neck to just to see him.

His heated gaze never wavers. "What have you done?"

Me? Ask the bitch what she did!

I try to force out an answer, but my throat locks and I'm rendered speechless in front of my own husband. I've never seen him this pissed, and now I'm afraid he'll honestly hurt me if he doesn't catch on.

His eyes flick to Kerion, narrowing in annoyance. "Leave."

Kerion takes a tentative step forward, barely testing the boundaries. "Sire, we must-"

Lucifer's eyes spear straight through the old spider. "Now."

Kerion retracts his foot, pulling back slowly down the hall and creeping into an alcove to leave us alone. I know him enough to know he's simply following orders, but with him leaving, I feel more alone that I've ever felt in my life. Kerion finally disappears from the hallway, retreating into the shadows that branch off into smaller halls. Standing here in front of my furious husband, I'm completely alone.

His eyes come back to me, still full of contempt. "Answer me."

I can't. He's asking the right question to the wrong person, and I have no good answer for him. I stand there, stupidly staring at him, silently pleading that he'll recognize something in me that will let him know I'm not Leyna.

His gaze softens a bit, but it remains just a deadly. He turns and steps away, walking towards the thick wall of the hallway and placing his hands on the edge of one of the banisters. He peers into the pits of souls below, the soft orange glow giving him a slightly more vicious look.

"I was wondering if you could assist me in something." He's talking to the souls below, but speaking to me.

I swallow again, and this time I force words from my mouth. "With what, sire?"

He turns to look at me, cocking his head to the side and staring at me coldly. "There's something amiss with my queen."

I nearly faint from relief. Kerion must have been right! Leyna's clueless to my relationship with my husband. She has no idea what Lucifer and I are like around each other, so she must have done something to tip him off.

I force down my elation and try to remain as calm as possible. "What would... make you say such a thing?"

He spins around and leans against the wall, still staring at me with hollow eyes. "She's...off."

"How so?" I ask politely. "Off in a mental way? In a human way?"

"Mentally, I suppose," he muses. "She's not acting right."

Why is he telling me this?

Oh, of course. It's a test, a trap. He knows the real Leyna had something to do with my body's behavior, and he's banking on the idea that she'd crack under pressure if questioned. He's theory may be correct, but he's talking to the wrong Leyna.

Oh, I know you're trying. I just wish I could say it.

Knowing that I need to play along or possibly sign my death certificate, I answer the only way I can. "She's human, sire. She'll never be right."

His eyes narrow at me, but he never lashes out. "Don't play with me, Leyna. I'm concerned."

I sigh dramatically. "I'm sure you are. Alright, fine. What's gotten you so upset?"

His features soften a bit, but the killer gleam in his eyes remains. He's willing to talk, but he'll be watching for any mistake or hint I make.

"She's whinier than usual. She practically shit on Belphagor's name because he needed my help. She was also rummaging through her wardrobe, something I've never seen her do before. Like she was a child in her mother's closet."

My anger spikes. That bitch is playing princess with my clothes. I'm going to slaughter her.

I shrug. "She's needy. I'm sure someone warned you that she would be. Human are notorious for that."

He rolls his eyes. "She's more demanding, too. She was begging me to calm down. She never does that."

Shit. What would Leyna say?

"Still needy. Maybe you're not up par with her stupid little insecurities." I hate degrading myself, but if I don't play the game, I'll be kicked off the island into a river of boiling blood.

His gaze shifts to the wall, and for several moments he says nothing. He glares at the stones, the intense anger from his gaze actually making the bricks start to smoke. My gut turns. Whatever this little fuck-up is, Leyna sure made it a good one.

"She removed her piercings."

I'm numb. My emotions have gone from angry to furious to a hatred so intense I momentarily stop feeling. My hands tremble slightly, and I stare at him blankly, my abhorrence for this woman making it impossible for me to move. She removed my piercings? My piercings? She pulled out the few symbolic pieces of metal that lined Lucifer and I together?

That's it. She's fucking dead.

I take a slow breath, collecting myself into a barely-controlled ball of anger, despair and confusion. I can't play this game anymore. My masquerade as Leyna has come to an end, and I'm planning to go out with a bang.

"She took out," I nearly spit the words, "my piercings?"

Lucifer's eyes snap to me, a mix of confusion and annoyance swirling within their amber depths. "Your piercings?"

"That bitch." I whisper the words, but they're loud enough that Lucifer catches wind of them.

"Leyna," my husband starts, "What do you mean your piercings?"

I turn slowly, mirroring the time he takes and the gleam in his eyes that makes looking at someone seem so deadly. I'm so filled with anger and outrage and horror, I can barely look at him. I'm glaring at the wall behind him, wishing that the stone wall would burst into pieces and that one of the shards would somehow find its way into Leyna's head.

"Those piercings are mine," I spit the words at the ground.

He stares at me, dumbfounded and a little pissed. I understand why. I look like the woman he thinks has cursed his queen, and I'm being audacious enough to claim that the metal in the queen's body belongs to me. How dare I? But then again, it is the truth and I have no problem standing my ground on this one.

He glares at me. "Those piercings belong to the queen. You dare to make a claim of them?"

I nod. "I'll make the same claim on the one I shoved into your nipple."

He jerks back and inch, now probably more shocked that angry. I smile to myself, glad to know that the memories we've shared have allowed me some ammunition to plead my case. I'm suddenly glad I paid attention to what he told me in the bath. If firing that at him doesn't save me, nothing will.

"The one you gave me!" His eyes narrow at me, filled with anger and alarm. "How dare you make such a claim, you spoiled, rotten little shit! I'll see you dead for telling such wishful, damning lies! Now tell me what you did to my queen!"

Despite his anger, I hold my ground. His fury has returned, but I can tell there are a few grains of hope and worry in his eyes. He's hoping what he's seeing now is the truth and that his queen is really right in front of him, but he's worried it could also be a trick and that his heart is betraying him.

Oh, no. My Lucifer, this isn't a trick. I promise.

I drop my head, gathering whatever strength I have left. When I look at him again, I've mentally shrugged on my royal vestments and grabbed my crown. If he wants to believe that Leyna is really me, then I'll prove him wrong here and now. I'll tell him something only I could know -- something Leyna has no idea of.

"When you spoke to me in the bath, you poured your heart out. You told me slivers of your past and the reasons why you became what you are. You're angry, jealous and hurt. Betrayed by your own family and left for dead, then blamed for anything bad that happens. You tore your heart open and let me see the pain and misery inside of you, something you've never done to anyone."

His eyes widen, filled with confusion, anguish...and a tiny bit more hope. I smile at him. This is exactly what I wanted. To have him see that I'm really his queen, that I know things only his real queen could know. That the woman he spilled his heart to is right in front of him.

I continue. "You promised me in that bath that you would do your best to be a good husband. I believed you, and I ask you to uphold your word to me. I ask you to trust me, to listen to me, to stop thinking like an angel and start thinking like a man. You said you loved me, and I said I would do my best to give you the same love and respect that you've needed for so long. I told Michael that I would never turn against you unless you turned against me. I'm proving that now. I need you to love me now, and trust that what I'm telling you is no lie or trick. Please."

I take a breath, my body shaking and my heart pounding. I've let loose everything I know about him, said every truth I've learned. I can only hope he sees through this disguise and recognizes me.

He stands completely still, staring at me. His eyes are wide, his breathing is shallow, and he looks ready to either scream or cry. Slowly, his eyes shift to that strange hollowed look and his body relaxes. His eyes flick to me, and a tiny, sad smile spreads across his face. He spreads his arms a bit, his wings unfurling and his unfairly magnificent body straightening.

"My queen," he whispers.

I squeal and bolt towards him, throwing myself into his arms with enough force to knock him to the ground. He falls willingly, and the two of us crash to the floor. I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face into the muscled strength of his chest, excited and relieved that I finally proved myself tonight. I feel his arms wrap around my waist, his cheek nuzzling my hair, the soft feathers of his wings tickling my skin,