All Comments on 'The Painting'

by vpotemkin

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
afridelleafridelleover 9 years ago
Intriguing

I liked this quite a bit. I could wish there was more, more story, more erotic detail, but tat could just be me not wanting it to end :) Nice work.

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
A Stalag

"a World War II German military camp housing prisoners of war of enlisted ranks."

I don't get your usage of the word in the context you used. If you were trying to convey something it was a poor choice of words.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Like it

A well written horror story that certainly caught my interest.

xxClarexxxxClarexxover 9 years ago
Good stuff

I thought this was really well done. It was creepy and scary and bizarre. All of which added up to a read that stayed with me well after I was finished. Very awesome! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I rarely leave comments...

But this story deserves one. At one point in my life, I wanted to become an author. So I read books from all of the best selling authors that I would never otherwise read--including some trashy women's romance stories and horror stories.

This story ranks up there as being one of the best horror stories I've ever read. Move over Stephen King!!!

What more can I say???

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
z

Holy fuck I hope I never see this painting!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I wouldn't say this was inspired, I'd called it plagiarism.

This is basically an erotic version of "The Road Virus Goes North", even going so far as to steal direct plot details. The artist destroying all but that painting, the painting moving to follow where its been taken, a friend/relation seeing the painting and finding it disgusting only for the main character to notice it has changed and using the same description of teeth filed to points.

If you're going to do that at least admit it up front instead of claiming it's just inspired.

vpotemkinvpotemkinover 9 years agoAuthor
Plagiarism?

Anonymous -- figured you wouldn't leave your name -- if you think this is plagiarism from the original story, you have no idea about writing. I acknowledged the idea of a painting that changes, a great Stephen King horror gem, but if plagiarism is reusing ideas, most novels could be caused plagiarism because they are "obviously" stealing from myths and work that came before them. Different characters, obviously different emphasis given the BDSM theme, different locations, different style of writing.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 9 years ago
The retaliation

If only the girls would have kept it. Something I noticed, or perhaps am just projecting is that its only after He is discarded that he enacts his punishments. When faced with an opponent you cannot outrun, you must endure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great

Loved the stephen king short, and this adaptation does it justice. Good job. No plagiarism detected, btw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This was delicious!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Message to 11/13 Annoymous

STFU. Have you never heard of a homage? Instead of tearing someone else's work down so you can feel better about yourself why don't you offer some constructive rather than destructive feedback? If there's something you don't like make a suggestion to help the author.

I'm sure you'd appreciate the same courtesy if you ever posted a story on here. In fact why don't you link us to one of YOUR stories and we'll critique it for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I'm guessing the short that inspired this story was The Sun Dog? It's the one that popped in my mind when I read this. Very well written, and deliciously creepy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous