All Comments on 'The Palace Pt. 08'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
An excellent story

The Good:

-The sex and plot mesh with each other in a way that is rare.

-The characters are all likable and well-explained.

-The plot devices that are used are logical and believable, adding to the reader's immersion in the story. I have occasionally thought that there is a combination of ruthlessness and kindness necessary to rule.

-At no time does a character act with uncharacteristic immaturity.

The Bad:

-What bad? Just kidding; the only possible weakness clear to me at this time is the lack of immaturity in the characters. Mind, this is not a clear weakness...but no person is perfect.

I suppose that in this situation...if a person is not perfect, they are dead. This would be a powerful motivator.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Hard to nitpick at the story given how good it is but I'll give it a try.

Carrach needs to start using his brain a little bit more, and I don't mean the little one, he can't be falling asleep on people. If he doesn't wise up a bit more he is going to get rekt. So far he has made some progress but his naivety is slowing him down.

As for the other characters...

Nanka I like her, she doesn't say much but she is interesting. For some reason I think she is more than you let show.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 6 years ago

I just love that your leading men as good people and also smart and have distinct personalities. Great writing AE:) Thanks!!

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Liked how Bishkur had Carrach "overhear" his conversation with his mother. However, it also revealed Bishkur hadn't learned enough to please the concubines with Carrach's previous assistance. You really threw a sabo into the machinery with Elseya (how could anyone miss her lack of speaking/understanding their language?)

Love how Carrach learns about the politics and adapts--plus it seems he has a huge ally in Nanka. She's really endearing, by the way! Thanks for loosening her up and having her speak more with Carrach.

Another 5. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES