The Past Can Be Dangerous

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, no... Barb!" My tear filled eyes clouded my vision and I sobbed.

"She's is in a better place now," Cheryl's cold, harsh voice said.

"Get off me!"

"Go to her then," Cheryl said as she slid off from on top of me to sit at the bottom of the bed. I sat up and gazed into Cheryl's eyes searching for a reason for this madness.

"She was about to kill you, I saved your life. She told me all about the stories you wrote about her. She learned of your deep dark secrets and how you were planning to murder her and then commit suicide. She didn't believe it; I couldn't believe it either until I read the stories myself. Barb couldn't fathom why you would want to kill her so she brought you here to give you your last wish before she would kill you. Except she couldn't kill you herself. She told me that you made her a beneficiary on your life insurance policy. I guess now she won't benefit anything. She never really did like you. She made one mistake. She told me about her plan. I couldn't let her go through with her plan once I learned more about you. In re-reading them I understood you better."

"I loved her, even though I knew she didn't love me," I replied in a despaired tone.

I sat up removed the shackles on my ankles and and knelt down to Barb's lifeless body on the floor and caressed her face, lips and cheeks.

"Oh, Barb. I loved you so much." I felt her shallow breaths on my fingers and her lips opened slightly. She was still alive! I lowered my head, turned and listened for her last words. My cheek touched her nose and I could barely hear her discernible words

"I love you," then she coughed and sputtered. Her eyes closed then she lay still.

"Call 911!"

"No. Let her die!" Cheryl's brazenly cold voice cracked as she sat on the bed looking down at me. I looked towards Cheryl to see her silhouette sitting calmly on the bed in the same cold stare she had from the closet. Then I turned instinctively as I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Barb was sitting up beside me on the floor. In a steady, calm voice Barb's voice said, "Fooled you, didn't we?"

"Oh Barb, you're alive! You're Alive!" I gasped in astonishment and relief. Reaching out to her I pulled her close and held her shaking like a leaf.

"Oh, baby. I thought..."

"Thought I was dead?" She responded inquisitively as if nothing had happened.

"Yes!"

"I'm all right. See! Fake blood and no holes." Barb's reassuring voice calmed my trembling body as my heart pounding in my ears my mind was racing and a wave of terror rushed through me when I remembered what Cheryl had just told me.

"What about what Cheryl said," I asked? "Do you hate me?"

Then a horrified feeling came over me as I felt Cheryl's armpit wrap around my neck and pull me up from the floor to the bed and then held me down. She was strong and muscular. She had kept me down for a few moments but I was free. Grabbing her I flipped over and fell off the bed to the carpeted floor with a crack and a thud. Landing on top of her she was motionless and silent. I lay beside her but she was not moving. Her head was in a position that I knew was not good. Her neck must have snapped when we hit the floor.

"Oh, my god! Look what you did. She's dead, you killed her." Barb was screaming at me.

"You did this," I yelled. "You set this all up. You had to make it so real and someone ended up dying for it. For what; you're crazy antics?" Silence filled the room. "What do you have to say now? Trying to scare me? Ok, It worked. But, don't try to blame this on me."

"Oh, Cheryl, oh no..."

I bent over to check and opened her eyes. They were glazed over and then I checked for a pulse. Nope nothing, she was dead no doubt about that now.

"Well... Is she...?"

"Yes," I replied in a despaired tone.

"Oh no, what do we do now," Barb's quivering tone sounded like she was going to crack up.

"We," I said to her. "We didn't invite her here. We were fine until she arrived. We were making love until she came in here. This is your problem, not mine. It was you that wanted revenge for the letter I sent to you ending our relationship."

Barb fell to the floor sobbing.

"I am leaving now. You take care of this."

As I began turning my back to her to walk out of the room I noticed from the corner of my eye that she had picked up the knife from the floor. In a few steps she was behind me. I turned and faced her. I didn't have anytime to react before she drove the blade into my chest. Searing pain ripped through me and I fell to the floor. Scrambling to get away, I rolled over to see her move closer and stand over me with the knife ready for another lunge. Instinctively I moved my leg to trip her and she tripped and fell landing on top and of me. The knife fell out of her hand. I tried to grab the knife but she had it first.

"No, please don't," I screamed. The flash of the knife over my head moved quickly down then ripped through my chest again like a bolt of lightning. Searing pain slashed through my chest and heart and then everything seemed like slow motion. My blurring eyes could barely see her ferocious fury that was taking my life with each puncture of my chest. She did hate me for what I had done. I then knew how badly she really did wanted me out of her life. Was this the only way for her to be at peace, I wondered. Then everything went dark.

***

I jolted awake in a sweat of fear screaming in my bed.

"No! Please no." I screamed clutching my chest feeling for what I thought would be blood.

The dim light from the window filled my eyes as I sat up a hand touched my right shoulder scaring me out of my skin.

"It's a dream. Honey every thing's OK." Barb was beside me holding me in her arms. "Your safe, every thing's ok. Your safe with me." I recoiled in horror from her thinking she still had the knife. I fell backwards off the bed still screaming and hit the wall with my head.

"No, please don't!"

"Honey, what's wrong. It's a dream, you're ok now." I was still in shock with her looking down at me. I cowered on the floor with my arms covering my head as what I though was the knife still pounding in my chest, but it was just my racing frightened heart.

"Honey, it's over now. It's just a dream, a bad dream."

"I was horrible. I thought..."

"Tell me about it," Barb's calm voice tried to reassure me.

"I can't. It was awful and you wouldn't understand."

"Ok. I'm here nothing will hurt you. You're shaking like a leaf and you're so white. That must have been some dream to scare you like that? When you calm down you'll feel better."

"I hope so." There was still the feeling the tight knot in my chest.

"I need to get up, shower and get to work."

"I'll make some breakfast, that'll help. Ok?"

"Ok."

Ten minutes later after a hot shower and some nice clean clothes I drew up the courage to enter the kitchen for a cup of coffee and some breakfast.

"Feeling better."

"Yes I do a little bit. " Just then to doorbell rang.

"I am still making our breakfast can you get the door."

"Sure," I replied. I picked up my coffee from the kitchen table and walked down the hall to the front door. Opening the door, I vaguely recognized the person standing outside in a nice blue postal uniform and in an instant my dream came to life again. "It's you," I said in astonishment. Then I froze as something flashed in the morning sunlight like a knife at waist level. My hand went numb and the coffee cup dropped to the floor and smashed into splintering pieces. I felt a hand touched my shoulder.

"No," I screamed.

"It's just the postal lady with a package, Hun, "Barb reassured me.

"Sorry about that Cheryl, He's having a bad day this morning."

What, I thought? Cheryl really? This was too much and uncanny.

I didn't know her before but Barb seemed to know who she was. Daze I walked into the living room sat and lay down on the couch, closed my eyes and tried to calm my frayed nerves. Barb then finished signing for the package, cleaned the mess from the hall then came to sit on the couch beside me.

"Pretty bad day so far, huh? Why don't you take the day off and relax. I'll call the office and tell them you're not feeling well."

"I can't. I should try and get my mind on something else. Work will be a good distraction. "

"You sure? Tell me about the dream, maybe it'll help if you talk about it."

"I can't, you would not believe me. It's too scary for me to even think about let alone talk to you about."

"You talk to me about everything else? What's wrong, you have me worried now. Please tell me. All I want is to help."

"I am worried you might hate me for what I might say."

"I could never hate you, I love you. Nothing could ever change things."

"This is going to be strange. "

"Most dreams are. Please tell me."

"Well, ok." I took a deep breath and in one sentence summarized the dream. "I dreamt we were making love and you learned of a deep dark secret of mine that made you angry enough that you want to kill me."

"Oh, my..."

"Sorry, you asked?"

"Well, no. I told you that dreams are sometimes crazy. What was the deep dark secret?"

"I can't remember, it's kind of hazy now."

"Well your description of your dream was pretty accurate. I think you're just scared to tell me."

"I can't you'll think I am crazy."

"Well, I think your crazy now so what more can you shock me with?"

"I dreamt that you had learned of my secret desire to drug you, make love to you and then murder you in your sleep. I would then commit suicide."

"Oh dear... that would not be nice."

"I'm sorry but.."

"Now, would you like to come into the kitchen and eat your breakfast of eggs, bacon and sausages? That might kill you in 20 years but not right away," Barb said in a sarcastic tone.

"I don't think you're taking this seriously?"

"Did you want me to take it seriously," she asked nervously?

"No, I'm just being honest. I'm hungry, I think I'll take you up on that breakfast now. Just don't throw the sauce pan at me ok. That would be the clincher."

"No way, it's the coffee I would spike."

"Well, I am glad I dropped it before I drank it."

"You're crazy as a fox, that's why I love you. "

"Then you forgive me, for my deep, dark secrets."

"Sure."

"Why the shocker with the Postal lady?"

"Ummm, You don't want to know."

"Awe... Come on, tell me that part. Was she your first love or something?"

"Nope, she was with us when we were making love. I was tied to a bed and the both of you were doing things to me."

"You dreamt all this? Or do you not remember what really happened last night?" I was flabbergasted, I couldn't come back with a quick reply so easily. I paused and thought for a moment. "I'm kidding, I had you for a moment didn't I?" Barb face smiled. I didn't reply but got up and walked into the kitchen opened the fridge for a drink and poured a glass of juice. Barb then came scurrying in after me and begged a coy response, "I was kidding."

"Do you remember what I was like an hour ago?" I replied angrily. "Do you remember the mess in the hall? "

"Your right I am sorry, I was trying to make it lighthearted enough so you would see how preposterous it really is. But yes, I remember you quivering on the floor of our bedroom dreaming I could hurt you. I could never in my imagination ever think of hurting you. I love you more now than I did when we first met. That I will promise till I die."

"Don't say that, please."

"What, that I love you?"

"No the dying part." Barb took me in her arms and comforted me and said.

"Ok, but I have to go one day."

"I know, but let's just try and make it last as long as we can."

"For sure! Oh and by the way, the postal lady and I we have a thing going. She brings me the mail and I take it from her and that's it, ok."

"Ok, but I was thinking of what it might be like with the three of us," I grinned.

"Best to keep that active imagination of yours under covers for now, you never know when your dreams might come true."

Then I wondered if she had the same kinky thoughts as I do? Ever since I had known her she had never said anything as strange as that before. But to keep things in perspective I never thought I would say what I had just said to her.

"I got to go to work. See you later ok?"

"Ok," she replied in a loving voice. I got up walked to the door pursed my lips and blew her a kiss before walking out.

The rest of the day was better as it was uneventful but when I got home earlier than usual I was surprised to see a car in front of our house.

Walking in through the carport and into the hall I overheard a woman talking to barb about the dream I had this morning. Then I recognized her voice. It was the delivery woman from this morning. Why I thought were they talking about that? Then it became apparent they knew each other better than barb had said this morning. Their conversation went on about the conversation I had with Barb earlier about our more sexually explicit thoughts. I thought I should go in and make my presence known so I slowly and silently walked into the hall and leaned on the half wall which lead into the living room. Unnoticed until a minute or so later when Cheryl turned her head and noticed me standing there. Barb then looked at me and asked.

"How long have you been there?"

"Long enough"

"Your home early," she said as she approached and gave me a quick kiss.

"I finished my project early."

"About what you might have heard."

"I know what I heard. Like why are your sharing our most intimate conversations with our postal lady?"

"I was trying to explain to her what happened this morning."

"I don't buy that, you're talking to her like you would a close girl friend. You said you didn't know her other than just the delivery person this morning," anger was raising my voice.

"You were right about last night."

"And what was that," I asked angrily?

"That we did have sex and Cheryl was with us."

"What? You're crazy. I don't believe this. You're having an affair and your trying to cover it up."

"No. There is no affair except with you. There is no one else, except that Cheryl joined us last night."

"You drugged me didn't you?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. I thought that would be the only way you would go along with this."

"What about the knife, the ropes, the gags, the comments of killing me?"

"There was no knife."

"It felt so real. It felt like you were hitting me in the chest with a knife. Was I restrained, gagged?"

"I am so sorry Baby," Barb apologetically said.

"Did you?"

"Yes, but I am sorry. I was worried we might wake up the neighbors."

"The sex was nice but I didn't like the drugs."

"I am so sorry, baby"

"Are you going to call the police?" Cheryl asked in a worried tone.

"No" I said, "everything's going to be just fine, now."

"I told you he is as crazy as we are," Barb replied.

"You're right, I am crazy and maybe a bit more than you are. I'm going to show you both just how much." They looked nervously at each other expecting something bad to happen like me pulling out a gun or something. Instead I began to take off my jacket, undid my belt and undressed in front of both of them in the living room. As my pants dropped to the floor they both looked out the open window to see if anyone was outside the house. Their eyes and mouth gapped open in amazement and both barb and Cheryl looked at each other.

"What? Now?" Barb asked me inquisitively her face looked at me in amazement.

"Sure, why not?" I said to her. They walked over and helped me disrobe. Barb removed my shirt, tie and Cheryl slid my underwear down. I was then completely naked in the open window living room for them and anyone else who happened to walk by the open window to the street to look inside.

"Your definitely nuts," Cheryl replied. "But you look good enough to eat right here."

They both removed their cloths like a strip dance and were both naked in front of me in short order. As they knelt they pulled me down to lay on the floor. Barb took my cock in her hand and began to hand me off while Cheryl dropped her head down to take the tip of my cock into her mouth.

"I can't believe this, I didn't think you would have the gall to do this voluntarily," Barb said.

"All you had to do was ask. You know I would do anything to make you happy."

The three of us made love in the living room for three hours that afternoon in various ways and positions until Cheryl had to go home. She agreed she would be back that evening around 10pm for a nightcap and that a nightcap I was something I was looking forward to.

10pm came and went and it was now 11:30pm and Cheryl was no where to be found. There were neither phone calls nor any word at all.

"Do you think she would chicken out after what happened earlier?" I asked Barb inquisitively.

"No, definitely not," Barb replied from the kitchen.

"Call her number again," I asked Barb. I turned on the TV to watch the local news.

"In a breaking news item channel 13 reports that in quiet suburb of Victoria this evening, police discovered a bizarre murder suicide. Dead are Cheryl Heinz and her male companion. There are no further details at this time."

"Oh, no!" Barb screamed as she saw Cheryl's picture on the TV when she heard the TV announcer from the kitchen. "What should we do?" Barb asked in a shaken voice

"Nothing. I don't know what we could do?"

A moment later a loud knock at the door made Barb and I both jump a mile high. A rough, loud male voice outside identified himself.

"Police! Open the door please." Barb's hands covered her mouth and tears welled up within her eyes.

"No, don't answer it." Barb said sheepishly. "Maybe he'll go away."

"Our lights are on. They know were home," I replied quietly.

Opening the door I greeted the officer. "Hello officer, how can we help you?"

"May I come in? I need to ask you some questions."

"Sure, come on in. " Looking at Barb I asked, "Honey, will you make a cup of tea, please?" I thought she could use the excuse to leave and compose herself before coming back.

"No that's ok I don't need anything, besides this won't take long, " the officer replied. He noticed the TV was on which was still covering the story that he was investigating.

"Do you know a Miss Cheryl Heinz?" He pointed at the TV, which so happened to be showing her picture even though the officer had her picture in his hand.

"She delivers our mail. This is so terrible with what has happened." I was nervous as hell and I felt the officer knew I was.

"Did you see her this morning?"

"Yes, I did. She delivered a parcel and left."

"Did she come back in the afternoon for any reason," the officer asked. My heart was racing and my only response I could think of was.

"I am not sure, I was at work."

"Was your wife home this afternoon would she know?" I knew she was listening from the kitchen then suddenly a loud crash of a cup hit the floor in the kitchen. I an instant The officer blew past me and ran into the kitchen with me right behind.

"You alright miss," he asked? Barb was on the floor and sobbing.

"No, I'm not. I dropped the tea. I'm so upset with what I saw on TV about Cheryl. She was so nice too."

"Did you know her very well," the officer asked inquisitively?

"Just that she would deliver the mail and chat sometime when she had time. She was so kind and sweet, why would anyone want to hurt that nice woman?" I helped Barb up from the floor to a chair beside the kitchen table. She was shaking like a leaf.

"Did she come back in the afternoon for any reason?"

"No, she didn't. I was alone until my husband came home from work."

She couldn't look at the officer or me instead she looked out the window closed her eyes and cried. I comforted her as she sobbed in my arms. I also felt her pain and loss too.