The Pearl Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the Jorogumo's lair, Sebastian rolled upright. The Jorogumo released her hold on his member and scuttled around to his back. Her hair was still wrapped around him and she was weaving webs to entrap him as fast as she could. She worked her magic hard, but even she could feel the force of the girl's call. She tapped into it.

"Leave him. He's mine!" she shouted to the wind, knowing the girl would hear it.

Dakota did hear. She shifted position and gripped Qiang's mane even more tightly. "No, I will not."

The Jorogumo hissed and tightened her web. "He's mine, I tell you. I've claimed him!"

"As have I. But what you've taken by theft I was given. And you are nothing to me. So let us test who is right, of thine or mine, in most righteous Helena." Her voice rose in volume and strength until she shouted the last part. She wasn't certain if she had gotten the quote right, but felt the sentiment would carry.

They battled, the Jorogumo with spells to hold Sebastian there and Dakota with whatever power she could muster to call him to her. The river sang within her, ecstatic to have a new conduit for however brief a time.

Sebastian made his laborious way to the river. Every movement he made against the Jorogumo's wishes was a challenge, but he felt the call, deep inside, and he had to answer it. He had to. Once he reached the river the Jorogumo released him, not wanting to be taken along. As she watched him go, she had a decision to make. Spend more energy in combat to retain him, or cut and run with what she had. She drew one last sigil, then scrambled back to her lair.

Sebastian stumbled into the river. He shook his head, trying to gather his thoughts. His mind seemed filled with cobwebs. He lost footing and fell into the water, and the river seized him. There was a dizzying, and nauseating, sense of dislocation, and then he was at a different spot of the river entirely. He looked around and couldn't see the lady he'd been with. Out of nowhere a rage crashed about in his mind. She was gone! They had chased her off. He growled, low and dangerous, as he rose to his feet.

Qiang recognized the problem. He cursed the Jorogumo again, for what seemed to be the hundredth time. He felt Dakota teeter on his back and curled his tail around her and moved her to the bank.

"Qiang," she cried. "What are you doing? What's going on?"

As he deposited her on the bank, his voice spoke in her mind.You've done your part, and done it well. He is still enspelled by the Jorogumo. I will handle this part.

Dakota considered her next move, but as soon as Qiang's tail released her, her legs gave out and she sat down hard on the bank. Exhaustion was beginning to take its toll.

Qiang wasn't doing much better, although, he was still doing better than Sebastian. The fledgling looked emaciated, and webs hung off of him, worsening the effect. The Jorogumo's poison still coursed through him, Qiang could tell, doing its job with ruthless efficiency. Sebastian was standing straight enough, but his scales and mane were dull and missing in places. Even as he stood there, more of the mane and scales were falling into the water. Qiang would have to act quickly.

Sebastian telegraphed his move. He rushed Qiang and slammed into his chest, but he was far too weak to inflict any damage, or even move Qiang from where he was. Qiang reared up and knocked Sebastian into the water on his back. Pinning Sebastian into the river wasn't difficult at all. Even when Sebastian was at full strength, Qiang had a size advantage. Now, spider-bit and weakened, they weren't a match at all.

He spread his body across Sebastian, taking pains to hold him in place but not hurt him. He ran his claw over where the pearl was and began chanting. Sebastian was too far gone to recognize it from the first time they fought. It was an old piece of magic, and this time the spell caught hold of the pearl and brought it out of Sebastian. Sebastian spasmed at the pearl's removal, but was unable to do much more. Qiang looked it over in disgust. It was covered in thick, black sludge, and was smaller than it should have been. Qiang dropped the pearl into the river and removed himself from Sebastian. He climbed the bank next to Dakota and waited for the river to do its work. Sebastian laid in the river and didn't move. The rise and fall of his chest the only indication he was alive. Then he rose up and proceeded to heave and wretch into the river. He coughed up a foul black sludge, similar to what had been on the pearl. After about five minutes of this, he collapsed back into the river, shuddering.

Dakota rose up to go to him, but was stopped by Qiang.

"I will check on him," he said as he eased his way into the water. He nudged Sebastian and waited for a response. Sebastian slowly raised his head.

"I feel like crap," he announced.

Qiang smiled in relief. "That is to be expected. In any case, it's better than being dead."

12