All Comments on 'The Pianist Ch. 01'

by t0nst3rs

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
nice intro

nice intro. please continue

michchick98michchick98almost 17 years ago
Nice beginning.

Off to read chapter two now. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good Beginning

I like your style of writing. This chapter was quite short though. I haven't read the other chapters but maybe combining them would be better.

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 16 years ago
Great!

Love your style of writing. It\\\'s a little short though but thats o.k.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Poor Allie doesn't realise if she can't make it in corporate America, there;s no way she'll make it as a teacher. It's far more high pressure to have people's future in your hands and their parents and the media at your back than a bit of money and a single boss. Plus, teaching is harder and a thousand times more complex than it looks. This is why teaching has the highest drop out rate of any profession in Australia and a scheme to retrain people from the corporate world into teaching has utterly, utterly failed. As one Harvard lecturer said "teaching isn't rocket science- it's much, much harder".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

"He scanned her body. She was curvy, with an ample rack." Sounds like a charmer. Definitely a misogynist jerk I want to read more about (heavy sarcasm). And then there's this: "A smile cracked at the corner of his mouth, as he wondered what made this woman so upset." She's upset and he's smiling? Done with your writing.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
re: Anonymous 12/24/15

Disagree and agree.

That he appreciates her physical appearance is not being a misogynist.

That word is so overused here.

That he smiles because she is upset is being a jerk.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous