All Comments on 'The Plan'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 256 Comments
johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesabout 8 years ago
What????...

... the hell? I read the opener and had to cut right to the comments without even reading!! How could you not include dwarf tossing in a Loving Wives story?? Now I have no idea what to expect when I go back to page 1 to read this. Well - here goes...

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
3 ***

Surely not your best story,sorry but 3 *** is the best i can give,this story has no emotion,no suspense,the caracters are bleak and the end left me a little confused

I'm sure you can do better than this

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 8 years ago
Love the ending!

Hahaha! Holy crap that is funny!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
torturous

spare us the convoluted mess in the future

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good until...

Lead us on and then the end with the dyed hair...is there no romance in the authors heart....rotten SOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1 star

She's nothing but a prostitute.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I shall wait and see

how this pans out I have mixed feelings about this------ no stars yet

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
I enjoyed what I understood within reason.

Why is the dyed hair bit significant ? I'll reread it at some point and try to suss it out. But I've been staggered by flu twinges. To encore peruse this offering might leave me with splitting headache. My knee jerk reaction is the end is an indulgent non-sequitor, but have been wrong before. Many times in fact.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Now that's a story!

Thank you. This is definitely one of the best stories of the genre that I have read on Literotica for a very long time. The ending is perfect. I look forward to you next contribution. Just don't mess with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW!!

Impressively written, talk about the pit & the pendulum but so well laid out making it easy to process. So many emotions for each character but never losing the reader throughout each phase of the ordeal.

BRAVO!!!

ISKwestISKwestabout 8 years ago
the pros and cons

I liked the start, with the alternating points of view, because it made clear at the start that this couple were not communicating. They weren't on the same page regarding their partnership.

But this had a bad side, because of what it revealed. First, the wife was the typical idiot, thinking she could rationalize her behavior as 'logical' in a certain context, and yet (in this case) also realizing that it would be a hard sell to convince her husband. Second, the husband also seemed to be the insecure closed-minded soul that's typical of these stories. He retreats from the situation, gets divorce without interest in explanation (granted, an explanation would be lame), and remains damaged goods. The pitiful person seeking pity.

Then the story takes another turn for the better. The two points of view continue, and the weird revenge plot unwinds, the husband still caught in the web as an interested and involved player. It was enough of a twist that the shortcomings, noted above, began to make sense in the story context. Meaning: their own shortcoming were central to how the plot moved.

Of course, the boss was correct. There had been something wrong in their marriage, the first phase of non-communication, which was restored in the end.

About the hair dyeing: this also left me scratching my head. The author has it there for a reason, but I missed it. Presumably the husband's intentions are good. He wants to solidly restore the relationship. But why mirror the wife's dyeing her own hair? To mimic her motives? Why should this frighten her? Not clear. Understanding this might add a layer of meaning to the story, but I still don't get it. Maybe after another day's contemplation ..

hikewithapackhikewithapackabout 8 years ago
feels unfinished

I liked the premise, but if this were real life, I don't think the husband would take her back. Maybe that is what you meant by his dyeing his hair black? If you planned a second chapter, you should have let us know.

BTW: milk toast s/b milquetoast

TexasBBTexasBBabout 8 years ago
Very Well Done

A very good roller coaster of a story. You managed to bring out a lot of emotions with your writing. I'll be interested to see if you continue this.

stev2244stev2244about 8 years agoAuthor

Just to clarify this - I have not planned to write a sequel. She has (and we have) to live with the uncertainty which kind of Plan his dyed hair symbolizes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
what a ride

I loved it.

You are a gifted storyteller.

Would love a part 2 for this story.

Its unfortunate but women are often forced by financial or emotional reasons into sex, be it at work, or even god help us in marriage/relationships.

I actually hope you write more on these 2, and they stay together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

I always expect this author to improve his plots. In vain. This is plain stupid.

DrPopeDrPopeabout 8 years ago
I don't want to nitpick but ....

This narrative is basically just a rewrite of some of your other stories (in particular the groupie one stands out as being almost identical) why don't you try writing something new ?

Also .... Your use of in character launguage is quite stilted and unrealistic. It was paticularly evident in Laura's conversational responses when on the phone to Tom after being found out. People just don't talk to each other like that.

Basically you have talent but this badly needs a editor.

toolman4243toolman4243about 8 years ago
Sequel ?

Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and let this shit die the bad death it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Boring as hell

I tried to read it, but the constantly shifting POV and the endless words with no meaning just made it impossible. Don't even think about writing any more.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 8 years ago
So then you haven't planned/decided NOT to yet, either...?

@stev2244

>Just to clarify this - I have not planned to write a sequel. She has (and we have) to live with the uncertainty which kind of Plan his dyed hair symbolizes.<

In his place, I would have thought that some turnabout with her is fair play. Let her experience some of the same sort of pain and angst that She brought to Him before finally deciding to take any chances on the 'forgive and trust again' front. Let her have to wager with her own broken emotions as the chips down on the table also, before their next/"permanent" hand of cards is dealt. Some additional penance would seem to be in order, this time with her emotions on the receiving end of the pain and angst side of the ledger. Yeah - there could be an interesting plan for him in those thoughts.

Hmm... but what would his tactics be? Use the money she forced upon him for the fuel of his plan? check. Marry her again as part of the plan? hmm, maybe, not off the table. Disappear from her life, or force her to disappear from his? a distinct possibility. Now, though, the form of the infidelity to visit upon her though...deny her his affections after getting her pulled back in and used to them again? absolutely a must. But - find someone dowdy to allow her to see him making love to, though, or would it be better to find the most gorgeous high-dollar call girl from a big city - so she has the same doubts about her attractiveness he felt? hmm.. could go either way - perhaps both? maybe. details, details...

Then again, there's always that truism about the best laid plans of mice and men...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
POS

After reading at the very beginning what this story would and would not include I assumed it would be a piece of shit, and I was proven correct. What a load of garbage, please do us all a favor and stop now, stop all writing, find another hobby, you can't write, accept that fact.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
Bopring is your middle namer asshole of LIT!! 5

for effort and content and to help your score from you know who!!! In case you don't the asshole of LIT dear annony.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
A good story...and the end was...

A good story...and the end was funny and an A good story...and the end was an anticlimax for what the readers could be waiting...But he had a plan and dyed his hair to: "Every time he looked into the mirror he was reminded of what he was doing and why. It would keep him determined to pull the plan through..."!! The plan? The readers can only think about their own...3*

qhml1qhml1about 8 years ago
I think I'd have to sleep with one eye open

How do you trust a woman who fucks her boss for the altruistic purpose of making your lives better, and when she gets caught, schemes, marries the asshole, tortures him for two years, divorces him, taking as big a chunk of his money as she can, and manipulates herself into a new relationship with you? What would be her end game?

I'm afraid I'd never be able to trust her, so why bother?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat !

Well as I read this story I was just dreading the ending that I foresaw coming. But then at the very end the author pulled a slick move that I did not see coming ! Bravo !

4*'s

Cpprcrk

BriteaseBriteaseabout 8 years ago
Good story ….. Great ending

Though I fear it will go over the head of some readers?

jasonnhjasonnhabout 8 years ago
Hmmmm

Overall I liked the story plot. The revenge on Mercer, from both of them, is funny and classical eye-for-an-eye and then a little bit more as they played with him at the end. Mercer lost his power, his macho, and his money. Tom seems overly needy but he's an "artist" so maybe that fits. Laura seems cold but she's a lawyer so maybe that fits. However the constant swinging between the neediness and coldness was off putting to me.

Then the ending????? Tom got his revenge in spades. Laura admitted she was a moron and spared him the stupid excuses. Let's remember the motivation she had, to make a better life for them and to give Tom the means to pursue his music. Yup, her methods were classically stupid. She does her best to fix things and Tom is very appreciative. He still is cautious but plans to wait and see.

And yet ... we get black hair. In her case she was playing a fake role to trap Mercer. In Tom's case??? Why would he want to deceive her? None of his inner "thoughts" indicate he wanted too or what he might expect to get out of it. If he did want to entrap her, why send her such an obvious signal? Wouldn't giving her that signal make it ineffective because she would know what he is doing and not fall for entrapment? I don't understand how he gets to this point and where he might want to go with it? I don't mind a less than clear ending with a hint of the likely path. But this is mud and just as clear.

maedhros21maedhros21about 8 years ago
I'm one of them...

okay Britease I'm one of them please explain the ending...to me big deal he dyed his hair why should that affect his ex wife?

IronDragonIronDragonabout 8 years ago
I got it.

Great ending, like Brit said. Very understated, but it appears that Hubby has something devious in mind for Wifey. He admitted to still having "feelings" for her, but didn't come right out and say that he still loved her. Personally, I'm no fan of reconciliation, ESPECIALLY after what she did to him.

Great revenge on Boss Asshole, though! That was classic BTBastard right there.

Hubby needs to get over her and move on. The best way to get over one woman, is to get on top of another. lol

4 Stars. Sorry, but even entertaining a reconciliation with Wifey cost one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Don't you love people who think they get it when no one else does?

No? Me neither. "Tom, don't do this, please. What does this mean?" So the lead character doesn't get it, but some readers, they've got it all figured out. Fine; funny.

The author gets credit for creating a puzzling suspenseful ending. We are not supposed to know how it ends, that's the whole point. If you think you get it, that's great. If you don't understand it, neither do the ones who Think they get it! A true unending ending. Well done.

You see, it doesn't matter. Laura will do anything for Tom, including being his fool, his victim, his sacrificial lamb. In the end, Laura may not get what she wants, but Tom will. Which supposedly is what Laura wants. Now she gets to prove it. Dying his hair is his statement that the reconciliation is not accomplished, and may never happen. He left Laura where she can finally prove her total contrition and remorse. He left her uncertain, and may leaver her for certain. He has wrested control from her, wrecking her contentment and turning her plan upon herself. And she, and we, are left swinging in the wind, wonder what the final ending will be.

Perfect.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 8 years ago
Good one.

I always appreciate a proper retribution. And a Tom with his hair dyed black? Surely to keep Laura on her toes, eh! Indeed, as the last line reads: Oh shit!

Here comes The Plan v2.0 !!

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
Silly premise, but entertaining

It's hard to imagine anything like this happening in real life. I suppose that some (many?) women have had sex with their bosses to get ahead in their careers, but the rest of this story is rather silly. That said, it's still an entertaining read, and a unique twist on an age-old story.

I don't care for the format, where we're given the narrator and timeframe before each section, and where the narrator switches from one person to another. I hope this isn't a trend that is catching on.

In the end, it seemed that it was more important to Tom to "get revenge" than to live happily ever after. I don't know if this is supposed to be interpreted as a cautionary tale for the revenge-seeking readers or just more red meat for the hyenas. The fact that the author leaves this open to the reader's interpretation is part of the story's appeal.

Thanks for contributing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
With an ending like that...

Really need a follow up: Tom's Plan...

Seriously, for a conniving lawyer, that thinks she has it all together & worked out; she is due to be humbled...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I really don't know what these critics expect...

Did you think that you'd find "War And Peace" on this site? This was well done. Yes, there's a similarity in most stories found here. Please read the description of the stories that are to appear in this genre. This one fits with a nice little twist at the end

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
The story held my attention from beginning to end

Basic principle, do not trust a liar..... Personally I would not have anything to do with her.

SKHPSKHPabout 8 years ago
None of the harsh critics can write a story as good as this...

...in a language not their native one. Those who complain about stilted dialogues should try it in German. I adore the author's courage!

In many contributions on this site - even by respected authors - you can find far more gramatical and spelling errors and far worse (sometimes even none) dialogues.

About the plot: I agree with some comments that such a scheming woman should be treated with a lot of caution before one engages (again) in love with her. So his dyed hair will keep her at bay for a while until she understands that all her devious scheming (even if in Tom's favor) does not compensate for a lack of heart.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The whole story came down to the ending

steve2244, you ending was a slam for her thinking she got her man back, she may be hot and beautiful but what a screamer and whore to sell herself for a job. so we need a continuation from you to let this story finish. if she really wanted to trap him she should have gotten pregnant. I doubt she is mother material.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Dyed Hair re: Anon "Don't you love people who....."

First, I LIKED the disclaimer list at the front. Stev wanted SOME of his readers to smile for a second, and for me, it worked. I admit that the "woman dyes her hair: CHECK!" caught my attention, and who knew it would go on to become something more than just an incidental bit........

That anon got it the closest, I think, about HIS hair dye job at the end. His revenge on her is about keeping her unbalanced, and not sure what to expect.

But what it IS, is a symbol of a false, or at least different, persona than he had in the past. What she wanted most of all was to go back to the time before her stupidity. He is saying, oh no, we can never turn back. AND he is saying that he is fundamentally changed from the person he was before. She changed him. And NOW she has to accept who HE has become as a result. I think that it is true that he will never love her again, as much as he did before. So if she IS happy with getting him back to her bed, it is HE who has finally removed his real feelings and replaced them with the false front and/or façade that is symbolized by the black hair. I agree that beyond revenge, what would be the point of this exercise? But I ALSO agree that Stev was absolutely correct in leaving it off with "who knows?". Perhaps his revenge lasts only as long as it takes for him to find her replacement. May be he has some other time table in mind. Or MAYBE, if she IS ready to accept that everything is completely different now, he will stay for the good sex and her more mature views towards being happy with what she has.

Stev, I really thank you for your efforts. I am glad some of your other readers remember how well you navigate the challenge of writing in a 2nd language. I really appreciate your willingness to navigate the even BIGGER challenge too. And that is putting up with complaining commenters who are trying to read above their apparent comprehension level. I have enjoyed all of your work. Some are better than others, but since I HAVE read them all, I can assure you that I see improvement all the way through. And since you started at a high level, the fact that you still manage to improve your product is quite the accomplishment.

Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Well done.

robinhodrobinhodabout 8 years ago
Comments as entertaining as the story!

An author has the right to stop his own story at any point that suits him. Life is like that. Not necessarily tidy.

My take is that his hero has finally tumbled to the fact that, though she may be gorgeous, and a great fuck, she isn't really a very nice person. I'm obviously not alone in that thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story...

But if ever a story cried out for a sequel this is it. FTDS... And there are so many ways to go with Tom's plan... Tormet her some or a lot. BTB or Reconcile but not at any cost. Just keep her guessing until he's got upper hand? Show her two can have a Plan... she loves him but Tom doesn't love her any more.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 8 years ago
Great Ending

Did NOT see that coming!

There was WAY too much dwelling on their reactions to meeting, and on his feelings of how he had loved her as he was peeking in the window. The whole thing could have been done in two and a half pages, and would have had better flow! Despite that, the 4 stars I was planning on jumped to 5 on hearing about Hubby's hair color! Cold Ending!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 8 years ago
Being an average reader, I failed to find any significance

in the guy's hair color change. I was beginning to suspect, and hope, that the guy would do something smart, different, or way out of character since he was being manipulated so obviously. I enjoyed the new revenge idea, where she married her lover, but I didn't enjoy our hero's lack of strength when he let her lead him around like she did. Finally, at the end, I felt like I just listened to a very long joke. When the punchline was delivered, a few people pretended to laugh because they didn't want to appear foolish, but the rest of us looked around and went, "WTF?".

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 8 years ago
I thought it was excellent

This was a really original plot, and very well worked out. I have to say, Laura is a psychopath. Tom is playing with fire to have anything to do with her, and is himself crazy to try to match wits with her. If he does to her anything close to what she did to Mercer, I can see him the victim of a murder suicide.

Anyway, what an interesting story. The characters stayed in character, all in all an excellent story

Chilley

smmhomesmmhomeabout 8 years ago
Love the list - should become "Standard Best Practice" for this genre

The list had me starting with a guffaw!

[X] Cheating

[X] A man peeking through a window

[...] Navy Seals, Karate, Ninyas, death stars

Thanks.

Would love a continuation, or an invitation to others to write their own part 2's ... but I get why you left it to the reader... we all can have our own ending this way... Still, I would be intrigued to see your version.

Nice work!

PennMusicPennMusicabout 8 years ago
Really?

...No Dwarf Tossing? C'Mon Man!!!

lol

wieliczkawieliczkaabout 8 years ago
Challenge

I've written a couple of flash stories that I was challenged to continue. Having the base already written, creating a continuation is not always easy. It tends to piss off a bunch of people what ever you do. It also pleases other. Go figure. If you are up for it, try your hand at it. What I will say is that I fully enjoyed your story, whether you continue it or not. It was true to how some people think and act. Take care, Wieliczka

maninconnmaninconnabout 8 years ago
He dyed his hair black!

Rocking ending. She has no idea how his version of The Plan will live out. I LOVE this twist! You're open to do a sequel, or let is all imagine part 2 on our own. Bravo Stev!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good Work

I really liked your story. Now I will have to read more of your stories.

Thanks.

stev2244stev2244about 8 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the kind comments, I haven´t expected this. Maybe I´ve become a little wary about the LW section.

Anybody who is inclined to write a sequel is more than welcome. That is true for all of my stories. This is just some stuff we write and read for fun, no big works of art. So I´m quite relaxed about these things. I personally will most probably not do it. I don´t even read my old stories any more. They´re just - gone.

Anyone who really wants to know how I see the ending and the meaning of the dyed hair is welcome to send me a message. But I really think it should be left untold.

c24jc24jabout 8 years ago
Good story - Nice touch

There's been some question about his dying his hair black . . . I think that two of the anonys hit it pretty close. Remember her statement:

"To prevent me going insane I decided to dye my hair black. That way it felt like I wasn't giving him my real me. It sounds crazy, but it felt better, more bearable because it seemed that all he got was a cloaked version, not the real Laura. It felt like I could hide my real personality behind the changed looks. "

This makes a couple of points for HER to have to ponder --

1 - Tom's not giving her the real him. What she wanted most was him back . . . but she's not going to get the real him. What will she get??? Will she ever get back the man she loved? Maybe not . . . Will he stay with her? Well, maybe, but maybe he will never be the same guy she loved and wanted back. Will the different him be enough? The suspense will kill her more than the readers.

2 - It was part of her Plan to punish and get rid of Mercer. Dying her hair black made being with Mercer palatable. Now she has to worry about whether she's being played as she played Mercer. Is she seeing part of a similar Plan Tom has for her??? Will she lose him in the end?? Has she already lost him, but is now a pawn is his Plan for further revenge? Is it because he can't stand her, but to get further revenge, he needs to stay with her for a while . . . and like her, dying his hair is way of making that somehow sufferable??

So many questions, so many possibilities . . . of course she had to ask ". . .what does this mean?"

Now to be honest, I think I may know what it may mean within the story. I really like Stev's stories. In many of them, there is a learning curve (generally resulting in character growth) for the transgressor. Often, for my tastes, it seems a bit too little growth before the innocent betrayed takes the (formerly insensitive, but now reformed) betrayer back. (The Gardener would be an exception . . . I think that one played out beautifully . . . but many of the others have betrayed back with the betrayer, in my opinion, before there's been sufficient growth in the latter - I'm referencing 'Katy' and 'Groupie' in particular. Again, just my opinion, and I did enjoy both of those stories too).

So keeping all of that in mind, the likelihood is that Laura and Tom would get together, but only after Laura learned to stop needing her most useful (and at the same time her most debilitating) crutch - a Plan. Plans can be great in various areas of life. However, when it comes to love, sex, marriage, and relationships in general, I think honesty, integrity, and the ability to be forthright in communication completely trump any Plan. In fact, in such cases, a 'Plan' can be totally counter-productive. Heck, even in Mercer's case . . . he'd been a jerk, but Laura's Plan (in essence) was 'Well you think you can be clever, and mess with my life . . . well, you may not realize it, but you're only being cruel. Good news though, I have a Plan, and I can be even crueler than you could ever imagine. I can really make you suffer.' . . . almost psychopathic in some ways.

So, Laura wants the old Tom back. Tom doesn't want the same old Laura . . . he wants a better Laura, one that would never, ever compartmentalize the various aspects of a loving relationship into a Plan . . . perhaps one capable of remorse as opposed to regret, and a bit more empathetic. Will she grow into this? Probably . . . she's already started a bit, even though she has a long way to go. Tom's unpredictability will hopefully neutralize any Plans she may be hatching, and force her to simply face him, herself, and their relationship head on at any given moment. Will Tom take her back IF she shows herself capable of such growth? I think it's likely, since he doesn't seem happy with anybody else, even breaking up with a woman who was much like Laura. If he's looking for another Laura, his best bet would be the more mature, communicative version of the original that she will probably become. I tend to agree with many of Stev's betrayed characters. It's not the affair itself that's any kind of a deal-breaker . . . it's the behavior. These characters mostly subscribe to the philosophy "It's not who you lie with . . . it's who you lie to.". If she can grow, and be direct with him, putting his needs above even those of hers that he might never know about . . . then they will probably have a good future together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You know...

You know, this is the kind of story that I would probably write. It's just not the kind of story I like to read.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
2 PEOPLE...BOTH ON THE VERGE OF INSANITY

yet they find each other again, ad infitum. TK U MLJ LV NV

stev2244stev2244about 8 years agoAuthor
Wow

Some great comments. c24j and quite a few others have really hit the nail right on the head. Reading such comments is quite motivating. Thanks.

ISKwestISKwestabout 8 years ago
c24j

You're right. The growth curve explains it. People do not go back to the way it was. Experience changes you. Carry a grudge, and you inhibit change. Laura has started to change.

Tom was passive/withdrawn. That's what had to change on his side. And that's what he's doing. And now the two new individuals make a new relationship.

In my own mind, the story plays out as a lighthearted romantic comedy. Laura has to have a sense of humor because Tom is going to take her on a ride.

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Great Story

His black hair in the last line was a brilliant twist. I just love black humour :)

virtualatheistvirtualatheistabout 8 years ago
Clearly some people didn't read...

the story properly. She dyed her hair black as a symbol of her dishonesty with Mercer as her plan played out.

Then she saw Tom's dyed black hair at the end and sees it as possibly a symbol that he is playing her and she has no chance of getting him back.

Personally I hope this isn't the end of the story

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Great Story; Excellent Ending

Like IronDragon and maninconn I got the ending immediately - it just hit me. Great surprise. Character development was excellent - we had enough about her upbringing that her behavior and ambition kind of sort of made sense in a perverse way.

I also was thinking along the lines of chillywilly - there was some psychopathic behavior going on - I was thinking they would push Mercer too far and he would get a gun and blow them away. He deserved what he got, but ended up losing both wives, his kids, a lot of his money, and probably much of his practice - deserved - but he might figure he had nothing else to lose and start shooting (it happens).

I would not do a part two - author left this story in the perfect place given these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
So - not a love story.

I have a problem with both Laura's character and Ted's character. He's supposed to be this big time, smart lawyer. He would have had a pre-nup before marrying Laura and the scene where he talks to Tom seemed completely wrong. Why would he appear to be a sniveling worm? He's a rich, powerful man used to getting his way. He would never have lost shared custody in his first divorce and he would never grovel in front of Tom. It just didn't match the personality you gave him. And why would Tom slink off after discovering the affair in the first place, not exposing the love birds, telling Ted's wife and suing the firm and then turn around and send the pictures to Ted years later? That made no sense. Finally, why would Ted even speak to Laura when she shows up, let alone sleep with her? Laura is such a deceitful, manipulative bitch why would he expose himself to being used again? Not a badly written story (if you didn't use an editor who are Snooker70 and GeorgeAnderson?) but the characters you developed didn't match their actions and your attempt at a clever ending failed as the black hair didn't fit Tom's personality or character either. Overall this had possibilities but in the end you failed to deliver.

2 stars.

Daniel32Daniel32about 8 years ago
Hahahaha!! *****

We coulda really used some dwarf tossing tho! haha!

Thx for writing. :-)

patilliepatillieabout 8 years ago
I really debated internally the scoring

but gave up the 5*. Great job, different, not my usual cuppa, as I like emotion driven pieces. He is a Forrest Gump type who has good things happen to him, and good people who love and look out for him, while underestimating his own uniqueness and quality of character.

WoodyKCWoodyKCabout 8 years ago
Thanks for the up front

Jumped to see the ending and some reviews, saved a waste of my time. I appreciate that in a writer, just because it's not something I want to read doesn't mean anything. Seems it was enjoyed by most so great job and keep going.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
Sigh....stupid people

Stupid people doing stupid things and hurting each other as they do them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
best part of this story

The best part of this story was the moronic check list at the beginning. Hard to read a flat emotionless story and get into it. And repetitive shit. I felt like it was written by a middle school hack that thinks narcissism makes a hero and a point is driven home by repeating it over and over. At least they didn't get remarried. 3 stars for that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Moderately interesting and definitely not BTB, but filled with calculating...

.....and very damaging behaviors. So, new and different (and that I saline enough to gain my respect), but suffering from a pretty severe quantity of "Germanisms" and incorrect grammar.

I for one, do not believe her actions would or could in any way entice me back into her bed. Once mutual trust is broken so severely, there can almost never be any serious relationship between them again. Is not that she hurt him and "atoned" for it by marrying the prick that coerced her. It's that she saw her plan through even after killing the love she claims was so precious to her. Apparently it wasn't. The sham marriage would not serve, as it was also how she got the things she was after from the beginning. She only altered her plan, she did not abandon her ambition.

Nope, no way back in my opinion.

But thanks. You took a risk and issues noted, did so,etching that is rare here. You interested me.

jezzazjezzazabout 8 years ago
I seriously love this story.

Read it twice in the last couple of weeks and just love the entire setup. Particularly that twist at the end.

I congratulate you on creating something completely unique sir.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
like this more than most

When she dyed her hair one of the reasons was that it was temporary just as being with Mercer was.

She told Tom this.

Now that Tom has dyed his hair she is wondering if she is just temporary in Tom's life.

I like this better than most of your stories, where the 'wife' can do a Cleveland Steamer on the guy then skip on out the door to be with her lover(s) and he takes her back gladly when she is done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I Agree

I agree with kjohns2001

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
DO MUSICIANS AND LAWYERS

deserve to be in the same kettle. TK U MLJ LV NV

bigdnc13bigdnc13about 8 years ago
Interesting story....

but I didn't like the ending. It was too ambiguous. Was he just messing with her or was he going to do to her what she did her asshole husband.

SigintSigintabout 8 years ago
I Have So Seldom...

Looked forward to a sequel.

Wanted a sequel.

This story doesn't need a sequel. It stands on its own. I'm mature enough, and have quite the imagination to be more than content with what you have gifted us with.

But, damn. The possibilities...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Strange Ending

Didn't like the ending. I thought it had nothing to do with the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
er

She dyed her haur to represent not giving her true self to mercer. He dyed his to mess with her mind and keep her off balance. Seemed perfectly linked to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
i think

she have two mistack in her life one cheating for first time

second leaving ted he love her more then her first husbend

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I guess I am going to be on the bandwagon.

Liked the story, solid 4 maybe 4.5

And then the ending

went to 2.5 like a rock falling.. I have no idea wtf that was

Sounded like he had it made. A for sure faithful forever woman, taking it slow day at a time and then, brain fart?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
FOLLOW UP NEEDED

Please write a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ending seems clear

Ending seems clear, it's a new beginning for both, now both with black hair and a few new scars. Remember the author believes in happy endings and reconciliation. He had this said before. The ex needs and loves him, and trustfully he said he needs and he loves her too. He left Ann, why? Because he needs and wants the ex and there is no double. Whatever she has he likes it. Now both have new hair color, both may not be the same people, but the sex is still hot, the attraction strong, and somehow love or something similar is still there. In my opinion, his plan is remaking himself, be someone different, not so predictable. Use your imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sehr Gut, Mein Herr!

I learned enough German when I was stationed there to try to compliment you in your native tongue. Unfortunately, after 35 years, the only other thing I could say would be to ask for another beer, so I'll stop now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Huh?

Don't understand the ending.

RhomanovRhomanovover 7 years ago
***

Nope. Reread and still find it "fanciful" at best.

More of an in deinen Träumen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This was good

Really liked the ending. Now what for Laura?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a world where men are weak minded wimps.

Sorry. I can't read another story. You portray your wives as prostitutes, porn actresses, wives that need larger endowed men and need to publicly and totally humiliate their husbands.

There is no scenario in which a man can say, "So she got over all those guys. She will be satisfied with just me."

Your ex-husbands assume they will never be plagued with the pictures of their wives with other men. They will never again doubt their wives faithfulness. They will never wonder if they would even be able to spot a lie from their wife because she was so good at lying before.

Your husbands never wonder if their remarried wife will be thinking of the other guy; or wonder if they will ever be good enough to make her forget her cheating ways or if they will always suspect that their wife will always have a plan B that doesn't include him.

He never suspects that the wife will be constantly comparing everything he does with her other lovers. He is just oblivious and happy to have her back because she is so beautiful.

Here's a clue. If he was good enough to get her he is good enough to get someone that doesn't have a history of treating him with disrespect and disdain.

You don't want to burn her, fine. But don't write stories where the man has to eat s*** to get a life. And he has to eat a lot of it along with his pride to get her back. At the very least, just let the husband walk away with what little is left of his dignity and get back to what he was. Your stories leave him in tatters where he has to accept that low as his new normal; but hey his wife is willing to take this man at his new low point and make a life with him. So he should be just fine.

I can't imagine what happened to you that makes you believe restoration of such broken relationships is possible. You must have screwed up some relationship so bad that you project this unrealistic forgiveness into your masochistic husbands. I know lots of German men and none of them would ever put up with a wife like that.

VickieTernVickieTernover 7 years ago
No BTB?

Not true! You found a whole new way to do it, and for the rest of her life if they stay together! Indeed, as she says, shit!

A fine story, and incidentally, there are no problems of English idiom worth noticing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jeez

"I will just let him fuck me a few times, get the big jobs and the knowledge, stop having sex with him by threatening to tell his wife, work a few years, get in contact with the important customers, learn the business tricks, then leave the asshole behind by quitting."

How does this differ from being a whore? No one should marry or be married to anyone like her.

zatzoy14zatzoy14over 7 years ago
Different

Not your best but, very good I liked the twist at the end when She saw him and his hair was dyed. He wasn't sure about her yet so he let her know by doing the same as she did to protect himself. Is this your version of a mystery within a mystery?

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
Confusing At The End

Kinda got lost at the end. Dyed black hair? Mercer's hair color?

RePhilRePhilover 7 years ago
Rats!

You can never find a good dwarf tossing story on this site!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Thanks for the offering

So let me get this straight . . .

He's impressed that she divorced him, married the guy she was having an affair with, and spent the last two years fucking . . . All for him? So that he could get revenge?

Let's not forget that the need for revenge was precipitated by her cheating in the first place, which by the way, she did for him. Using the author's logic, shouldn't he equally be impressed by her initial cheating?

And regarding the notion that she was forced into cheating. Really?

Just not my cup of tea. And don't get me started on the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You did it again.

You did it again. You took an OK story that actually had a cheater that may have earned her reconciliation and fucked it up.

Where it went off the rails was the very last sentence. That earned this story 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not a clue

What the hell happened at the end? Her first plan was to fuck her boss to get a better job. Well, that sets her up as a whore. That plan hits the crapper when her husband finds out what she's doing. Second plan is to marry the boss, get him to trust her and to then fuck him over while keeping her new found status and a big chunk of hubbies money. Final plan is to get the first guy back by working herself back into his life and fucking his brains out and make him forget about fucking his life up and the fact that she married and kept on fucking her boss. Then the ending of the story was like watching a train derail and fall into a chasm wondering what the hell happened. She's just an ambitious bitch who doesn't care who she fucks over in her climb to fame, power, and fortune.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a shit of cuckold crap!!! Minus 5*!!!

Only stupit and pathetic!! She is a slut and he is a real wimp!!! If thats the way who turns you on then it may be!! Each is responsible for his own idiocy!!!

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago
cool

think about this.

he gets even with the bastard that cuckolded him and brought an end to his happy marriage. that is sweet.

now at the end, he is starting a mind fuck with the ex. he may be just pulling a joke on her. but this will surely fuck with her a bit.

i like it.

JackmoftenJackmoftenalmost 7 years ago
Black Hair?

What has black hair got to do with the story? He needed a, "Plan" of his own. One that leaves her high and dry and with out him.

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 7 years ago
WTF?

The last line turned your *5* story into a *2*......You need to come back and finish the damn story!

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Enjoyed the read.

The chosen ending sounds like suicide to me...

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 7 years ago
Guess I'm dense

but I don't understand the ending. Too vague for me and incomplete to my mind. Please finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Black hair

People if you read the story you would know the black hair is an indicator he is running a plan just like she did

She died her hair to remind her to stay on track

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Zero respect

What the fuck, the woman os a whore and for this sissy boy to take her back is absolutely rediculess, there is zero respect fom the whore and he obviously has fuck all respect for himself.

Hotfoot2Hotfoot2over 6 years ago
too smart

This story was too intelligent for too many people. Brilliant. A disaster that she created in their marriage causes biochemical changes in the brain. He has changed and there is no going back. She destroyed the old Tom. She created the new Tom.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous