The President's Gay Wife Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone then trooped out to the offices where Magnolia introduced the Prime Minister to open the new facility and she then led in the Pm followed by invited and non-invited guests to drinks and spectacular finger-food.

Towards the close of the function, Kitty saw Lady Marsh bearing down on Magnolia so dashed to be on hand to intervene but needn't had bothered.

"You've pulled a treacherous act on us, attempting to gain the highest bid."

"Oh hello Lady Marsh. Well, it wasn't a problem as you see I am still rather politically inexperienced and the two main parties are rather closely aligned, as I've heard you say. My objective is to become elected so I must employ the best strategy to achieve that. If someone has been talking to you out of school, so be it. There are still five days to go before I need to confirm acceptance. Unless you don't wish to face the possibility of losing two potential seats I would suggest you present me with an offer."

"The cheek of you. Who do you think you are?"

"A candidate for New Age unless you get off you butt Lady Marsh."

"You rude upstart. Well, what is it you want?"

"Oh, not a walk-in seat Lady Marsh as I need to blood myself politically and if you want to see a candidate savage her opponents in the race for election then you just watch me. The seat where I reside would do nicely -- Mayfair Heights."

"Are you out of your mind?"

"Good day to you Lady Marsh."

Lady Marsh snapped, "Kitty, don't just stand there. I'm told she's your protégé and ready to have her nomination signed by Lord Humphries of all people."

"Lady Marsh, I would assist if I could and thought it desirable but as you have just experienced, I'm afraid Lady Magnolia has just unleashed herself. I'm not suicidal."

Magnolia was on a high when they left the office and said she'd called Mrs Sharples early in the afternoon to say they wouldn't be home for dinner.

"Where shall we do for a few drinks?" Magnolia asked, almost aggressively.

Kitty, in the back seat of the dark green SUV glanced over at Skye who was looking at Magnolia a little apprehensively.

"Magnolia, you've already had several drinks. No bars -- just drive to my place. Will you drive Magnolia home afterwards Skye?"

"Yes, I can't allow you to go to a bar, not when you've knocked down a few drinks already."

"I'm running hot and need a hot man."

"Then let's go to my apartment Magnolia and you can look in the cupboards."

They all laughed as if Kitty had just told the joke of the year.

Kitty's apartment was a conversion of former offices, on top of a warehouse that would close by 6:00. The women sat around with drinks at the small rooftop pool, now blocked from the sun by the adjoining office tower, the mood dipping a bit with Magnolia still very restless.

"I maintain a number of guys on standby -- guys without complications. Want me to call one or perhaps two Magnolia?"

She laughed, excited again. "Just one thank you but try to choose a stayer."

"What about you Skye?"

"Well ah."

Kitty knew what that was about. "Tell her it's okay Magnolia."

"Skye, this is a special day for me. I feel it's all happening at last. Ask Kitty to call a guy for you Skye."

"Only if Kitty calls one for herself."

"Good thinking Skye," Kitty smiled. "Thanks for the push, I had been tempted."

Skye said she wouldn't drink any more alcohol because she would be driving, but Magnolia attempting to fill her glass said it was okay, they'd return home by cab and Kitty could call for them in the morning in the CUV.

Kitty went and made some calls and returned smiling. "Wow, was I so lucky at such short notice. Virtually cream of the crop. "Your guy is big Skye, and not only in stature."

The three of them laughed without restraint, knowing they would soon be partying.

Kitty thought it was turning out a great day for her as well.

Taking a call Kitty shot inside, hearing Magnolia moan, "That will be my guy saying he doesn't think he can get it up tonight."

Kitty returned smiling. "All virtually done Magnolia. Lady Marsh said she phoned around and secured majority agreement of the selection committee and was authorized to approach the incumbent with a deal. Spencer Arnold has agreed to announce his retirement and to accept a post, as our ambassador to Singapore next year should we be the Government, which Spencer says seems highly likely. The only downside is committee members won't agree to the selection committee being 'managed' but she still believes she have influence with would-be contenders without anyone spotting it."

"No, if I can't win a marginal seat without improper assistance then I deserve not to be entering politics," Magnolia enthused.

"Careful, that could be the alcohol speaking."

"Kitty, let the battle commence. I'll take on anyone who wants to compete for selection?"

"Nominations for selection close on Friday."

"Great, Skye we'll buy you a camera and put you on the payroll as official photographer."

Skye looked interested but shook her head.

"We will put you through a crash course."

"That's not necessary, at spy school...er, in my surveillance training I was taught photography and am quite an expert. No the problem is I am forbidden to take a second salary."

Magnolia pulled up her hem and scratched away an insect high on her thigh. "I'll find a way to channel tax-free money to you."

"No, please don't Magnolia," Kitty said. "You are already thinking like a politician. Hire photography gear for Skye as it will provide a good cover for you, allow her to remain close to you at all times and give her something to do that will interest her. When you are elected you can send her off on a holiday somewhere as a gratuity, paying it out of your own pocket."

"Oh God, here am I being taught lessons in honesty from my own campaign people. I need my hand smacked."

"Just ask the guy who's coming to partner you to smack your butt hard. We'll then hear your screams and know you have been punished adequately for your wayward thinking."

Magnolia and Kitty looked at Skye in astonishment and were most impressed. They laughed until Kitty, wiping at her eyes said, "There's the doorbell."

Chapter 12

Murray Locke sent an email to his editor Jim Gee, copied to Kitty:

Actually have seen the sun. Beer selection is great, have avoided adultery. Targets now live north. Just as Kitty suspected. Been in phone contact with them. Heading for Leicestershire. They have agreed to talk to me.

One of the barmaids in the hotel where Murray was based had persuaded him to allow her to accompany him for two days. On the train she often unzipped him and with reluctance he immediately pulled up the zip. They arrived at their destination so frustrated they were almost depressed. When he booked two adjoining rooms at the inn Fiona cried, "Right, I off back home."

"Sir," said the understanding receptionist, "a gentleman gives a lady what she wants."

"Well," Murray said, right eye twitching, looking at the receptionist's outstanding feature.

Fiona, who'd been fighting back tears of frustration, bounced up to the desk and reading the young woman's name tag, asked, "Leslie, what about the bridal suite?"

"It's available but compared with London you'll not find it all that grand."

"Doesn't matter. Can you do it same price as one superior single room."

"Well I don't really know..."

Fiona diverted. "When do you get off Leslie?"

"My relief has already arrived."

"Same price, you charge two bottles of wine to Murray's account and join us with them in fifteen minutes."

"Right, you're on. Same price, fifteen minutes. I'm ready to rock!"

The two women giggled.

Murray said to Fiona as they climbed three flights of stairs, "I'm not sure what that was all about. Why did you invite her to our room? I was half thinking of giving you what you obviously want."

"Murray, don't be tiresome. I'll have a quick shower and then you follow. But don't dawdle as Leslie may prefer to shower first."

"Before what?"

"Before we have a drink silly."

As they reached the room Fiona was singing brightly, "Three diddly-dee-threesome, three diddly-dee-threesome."

"Unlock the door slowcoach," Fiona said, whacking his ass so hard with the flat of her hand it almost sent him barging through the door he'd just opened.

* * *

Murray groaned in the morning, unclasping the arm of one woman around his waist and stepping over the second, wondering if that was all of them. He shaved and showered slowly and when he stood beside the bed to pick up his underpants he was pulled back into bed and it was all on again.

The next time he carefully placed his clothes away from the bed and showered long until he felt a little refreshed. He went down to breakfast and ate two servings of full English breakfast. He then boarded a taxi, thinking it wasn't safe for him to return to the room. The cab went less than fifty yards and the driver said, "Lacebark Manor sir."

"So soon? It looks like a hotel?"

"It was a derelict hotel sir but is now the renovated seat of our village's very own VIPs sir. The fare plus that valuable information -- two quid should cover it sir. The tip is built in."

"But less than fifty yards?"

"Slow, short travel in these cabs gobbles fuel sir. Is that cash or credit card?"

An elderly although sprightly manservant, presumably a manservant, dressed in black suit, white shirt and tie, white hair parted in the middle and combed at right-angles to the sides, straightened as he released the brass knob he'd pulled the door and open raised rheumy, plate blue eyes to inspect Murray.

"Yes?"

"Murray Locke, to visit Marquess Finch of Quorn."

"Oh yes?"

"I'm from one of the former Colonies, Oceanpacifica."

"Oh yes, do you mean Lord Quorn?"

"I, er, suppose I do."

"You don't know?"

"Titles overwhelm me. Could you help out here?

"Perhaps."

"It's about his daughter. The lovely Lady Magnolia."

"Ah, perhaps you are at the right place. You are if you mean Lady Magnolia who married a low-ranked Lord called Fitzroy. Fitzroy, for God's sake."

"Yes, yes that's the one. Lady Magnolia"

"It was a tragedy she was exported but it was a matter who wanted her and up popped Fitzroy. I mean Fitzroy, for God's sake. But I suppose they had one redeeming feature with a connection with British India."

"I, um, daresay."

You daresay what?"

"I could agree that connection with British India was one redeeming feature."

"Oh you say, you comprehend. Do you have connections with the Peerage, or better still, Royalty?"

"I understand one of my grandmothers was the 7th child of a baronet."

"A baronet? Bottom of the heap young man, and a 7th child? That's so far down the line in precedents it's out the backdoor for her. If you have come to England expecting conviviality amongst peers, forget it."

"Thank you. Please advise me how to address the Marquess Finch of Quorn."

"What? I understood when Independence was given to Colonies we left the Imperial education system intact."

"More of less. I rather think language and cultural links erode over time."

"All right, you appear to want to conform. For a start the person you wish to address is The Marquess of Quorn. But you never address him as that."

"Oh."

"You being a commoner have no right to familiarity. You address the marquess the first time in conversation as Lord Quorn and thereafter as my lord."

"Thank you sir."

"I thank you for not calling me sir. Either Mr Mullins or preferably as Mullins."

"Right."

"No Mullins."

"Exactly, now what about the wife?"

"The wife. Good God man, in bygone times you would have been in dire danger of being deported to the Colonies or in this day and age having the marchioness scratch out your eyes.

"Mullins, get on with it."

"Yes sir, on the first time you address the marchioness you refer to her as Lady Quorn and thereafter..."

"As my lady?"

"I say sir, you're getting the hang of things around here. Inside you come, any more delay and you'll have cobwebs attaching you to the stonework."

"I say Mullins, are Lord or Lady Quorn connected higher up the tree?"

"Higher up the tree? Oh spare me. Lord Quorn is the second son of the Duke and the late Duchess of Oxford.

* * *

Jim and Kitty were deliriously happy. That morning they had sat side-by-side reading together the final draft of Murray Locke's sensational double-page feature story for Saturday's edition, with a huge radio and TV promo with 'teasers' spread all through Friday'sGuardian as arranged. The promos were designed to draw attention to 'A sensational story of a woman of destiny in our midst and involved in our country's glorious rise from colonial status. This revelation published in theGuardian this Saturday completely wipes out that infamous moment of madness, or does it? You the reader be the judge'.

"Our Magnolia, granddaughter of a Duke who before assuming that title served as our first Governor-General," Kitty sighed. "It is so romantic and to read how her parents, Lord and Lady Quorn, fell upon hard times because of her father's lust for the wives and daughters of other noblemen and the insatiable lust for gambling of her mother."

"Yes Jim sighed. It's the classic tale of excessivenesses, the fall from grace and reasonable return towards their former status. In fact it's stranger than fiction -- near destitute the couple sell the family silver, the one well-proven stud horses they had hidden from the bailiffs which the sell after leaving their huge but very rundown country estate and they use that money to buy an old pub on its own at an ancient crossroads, two miles from the nearest village. There they stay for years, eking out a living, their only child The Lady Magnolia serving as fill-in cook, barmaid, room cleaner and dishwasher until the Lord and Lady Quorn are almost bankrupt. The marchioness has the brilliant idea of writing to widowed knights and unmarried sons with connections to British aristocracy offering their 30-year-old daughter in marriage. They get several replies from Canada and a couple from both New Zealand and Australia. They select our Lord Fitzroy to visit them. Gerry and Magnolia hit it off. Gerry hires a Queen's Counsel to help win greater compensation for Lord and Lady Quorn whose isolated hotel sits smack in the center where the Government plans to link two new super highways. Gerry returns home for the new session of Parliament but hot phone calls and love letters keep the romance going. He returns to the UK, pays for the small wedding and takes his bride home. Two weeks later the Government negotiators raise their offer for the near derelict hotel to secure the site and the offer of 6.3 million pounds is accepted. Lord and Lady Quorn, old before their time, return to Quorn and convert a disused pub into their manor house. End of story. Everyone cries. Accompanying story traces the life and times of the Lady Magnolia, who accepted the lower precedence of title by marrying her love, who is twice her age. She's now standing for Parliament to carve out a new life for herself and perhaps hoping to become pregnant, as her husband's title is hereditary. Sob Sob. Wonderful!"

"This is a really, really fabulous revelation. What now Jim?"

"Come on Saturday."

"What about Magnolia?" Kitty asked.

"Oh no, you want me to show this to Magnolia!"

"It's her private life that's she's kept private being tossed out for public consumption..."

"Stop, I had been thinking about it. Yes, she can read it and make corrections but that's all. If she seeks a Court injunction stopping publication of the articles until her objections are thrashed out in Court then we are sunk unless we can get the injunction lifted."

"She won't stop publication."

"How can you say that?

"Because she'll listen to me."

"Then get her down here fast."

Kitty stuck her jaw forward. "No."

"What!"

"No, not until you say please."

Jim appeared to be counting, probably only to five.

"I apologize. Could you kindly get Magnolia down here as quickly as possible please Magnolia."

"Certainly."

"Thank you."

Kitty dialed the office and Chase put her through to Magnolia as soon as Kitty said it was urgent. She put the phone on speaker.

"Magnolia, I'm in Jim's office. A story has been written on your background, instigated by me. I want you to sight it to make corrections and to suggest changes but not deletions."

"But how could you get such a story. I've told you nothing, absolutely nothing."

"Magnolia, listen to me. Your voice is rising and you are beginning to panic. It tells everything but a senior and very capable journalist who went to England, funded by the Guardian, authorized by Jim just to sniff out my gut feeling has written it. Great stories are sometimes produced this way and this is a great story. Our reporter spent two hours gathering information from your parents and told them how he would write it, just building fact upon fact and not going out to talk to other people who could have distorted impressions or had axes to grind. I needed to know your background Magnolia before helping to lift you into Parliament, as that door has opened for you Magnolia. Please don't drive -- let Skye drive."

"I'm so upset."

"Of course you are dear simply because it's a shock. But people here have a right to know that your grandfather was our first Governor-General."

"W-w-as he? Our families fell apart."

"We were not told that and there is no need for us to know that. Mullins told our guy about your grandfather."

"Oh God, Mullins. Oh the old darling. He was our cellar man at our hotel and he was a favorite of mine. It was a fall from grace for him too but when I was entering my teens he said, 'Magnolia, one day I see us returning to Quorn'. He must have fed me that line ten thousand times."

"That is so lovely to hear you say that Magnolia. Well, our article carries a photograph of your parents' new home -- it looks very impressive. And we have a photograph of them in the drawing room -- you may find they look rather old. Well they had been through hard times."

"Kitty, did they tell your man about their fortuitous windfall."

"Yes, come and see the story as it's been told Magnolia. Try to enter here relaxed, with an open mind. If you want to know what I think it's I think it's like a fairy tale incorporating very hard times, an ongoing wait and finally redemption and peace. Your parents told Jim's journalist they are very pleased with their life now and feel they are back home."

"We're on our way Kitty. Say hi to Jim for me. "I'll contribute to the costs of this background story because I accept what you stay. If I want people's votes they'll not only want to hear promises, they'll want to know who I am and where have I come from. I believe now I'm going to like what I read as if you can understand what I'm saying, I have a need to know who I am."

"Come to me Magnolia."

Kitty dropped the phone, and shook until Jim held her briefly. He picked up the phone and snapped it shut. "You care for her and that was rather tough going for you. You may even believe you came close to betraying her."

"It's sometimes what we have to do to get the story," Kitty sighed. "But I truly thought I was the better person to decide whether the story should be told, not Magnolia. You've been down that road, probably a hundred times more than I have, as you are an editor. Although we glibly say the story is bigger than the person, in this case the person without the story was a parliamentary hopeful heading for rejection because she would have left voters not knowing who she really was. I acted as a superior judge, deciding she should present her past despite her wanting it to stay concealed. Why did she decide that? We don't know but I suspect she and Gerry decided to play it that way and I certainly knew circumstances had changed for her with her election ambition. All I can say now if her parents had not achieved quite an uplift in life again, I would have been in a real quandary."``