The President's Gay Wife Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jim smiled. "You still think like a top newspaper journalist sweet one. I would really like you back here. I can't fault what you've just said about playing God over Magnolia who is one of your best friends."

"Jim, I was intending to tell you this tonight. Sir Max has been talking to me about standing for Parliament."

Jim's eyelids fluttered momentarily and then he smiled. "You'll terrorize the Opposition."

"Ha-ha."

"You better hurry with your decision. Nominations close, noon Friday. I'll sign your form as nominator."

"Then you don't mind?"

"Of course not. You'll have a holiday during your first term, a junior portfolio or two for your second and then for the third, something to really get your teeth into."

"Like Women's Affairs?"

"Yes."

"You bastard. I'd thought you had a more worldly aspiration for me than that?"

"Sorry, I thought you were expressing a preference. Communications then as that includes the media."

"That's more like my Jim. What about first term, straight in as Minister of Foreign Affairs?"

"Jesus, he's offering you that, isn't he?"

Kitty nodded, watching Jim closely.

"Lots of travel but I guess on longer trip you would be entitled to travel with your spouse? Your masters is in Political Science and internationally you are on the same wavelength as our PM."

Kitty nodded and he asked why wasn't she talking and she said she was waiting for him to express an opinion so get on with it.

"If he does it, the media will savage you two, probably including this newspaper as we report and comment on what we see, hear and sense."

"Granted."

"You would be our youngest Minister of Foreign Affairs ever, by a long shot."

"True."

"I read our file on you a couple of months ago -- two years navy cadet training, top student in strategic defense, among the top in communications, worst in your intake in swimming and managed to make the grade in panic attack."

"That panic attack is bullshit, you made that up."

"Yeah, continued on during summer annual leave and are now a lieutenant in signals/communications in Naval Reserve."

"As private secretary have accompanied the PM to countless regional and international meetings on a wide range of topics from famine aid to world peace sessions at the United Nations."

"Correct -- almost 100 offshore meetings, inspections and familiarization visits."

"Right, I accept Sir Max knows what he's doing and why so who am I to question his superior decision-making. He also could have commenced picking his successor if he lasts through to his mid-seventies but don't even think about it. Step slowly and thoroughly. Oh, what seat?"

Kitty colored and looked down. "Sutherland Downs."

"God, win that and you have it for life. But Trade Minister Patricia Jones has switched to stand for Sutherland Downs."

"This is hush-hush Jim."

"Agreed."

"The Executive Council is waiting for confirmation from the United States that's she's approved as our new ambassador there."

"You'll fly in Kitty just on your high profile alone. You are in Parliament girl."

"That depends if I can mount a full campaign. My first commitment is to back Magnolia's bid to win selection and then to win her seat so I need to find out if she thinks I can do both."

Magnolia entered the room. "What do you need to know from Magnolia darling?"

"Oh hi Magnolia. It was nothing."

"Hi Magnolia," said Jim. "Someone has asked Kitty to run for election and..."

"Jim!"

"Ignore her Jim."

"...and she won't give a reply until she check it out with you because she also has a commitment to assist you win through."

Magnolia demanded, "Hand me the nomination form and I'll either propose or second your nomination Kitty."

"Magnolia, you don't understand my concern. Contesting a seat if the Opposition is tough is not at all like going shopping, even at sale time."

"You listen to me Kitty. You've read my story. I worked from the age of twelve in my parent's pub and by the time I was nineteen I was often working from 7:00 in the morning until 8:00 and night, sometimes through to 11:00 and I still found time to enjoy a social life and at times I was so tired but I could still keep my wits about me to know who was seducing me and that I approved. Get it girl? I used to be tough and can wind up quickly again no doubt but I'll never be as tough as you. I'll reduce your hours at the office and your salary will drop accordingly and you'll run my campaign at a reduced workload and run your own campaign. Ah, here's Skye with the whisky bottle and four glasses. I thought we should have a couple of shots to stiffen my backbone before reading the article. Jim is it all right for Skye to pour whisky?"

"Be my guest. Listen, on Saturday I'll ask Lady Marsh to appeal to her daughter Belle to manage your election bid Magnolia and that will ease the responsibility on Kitty but still keep her involved with you, especially on publicity and promotion."

"You idiot, Lady Marsh hates my guts -- Kitty would have told you that."

"Oh indeed, and we had a good laugh over that. But wait until she reads Saturday's spread about you Magnolia and finds you are the great-granddaughter of our beloved the Marquess of Lambsdown who later became Lord Oxford on the death of his father. Sylvia Marsh is extremely proud of her title through marriage and when she learns of your parent's place in peerage she will be all over you as she's a born-again Royalist. She has been campaigning, with little success, to get Government funding to pay half the cost of erecting a statue of our first Governor-General in Lambsdown Square. So all you have to do is to offer to assist with the Lambsdown Square project in return for Belle's expertise to aid your campaign and lo, it all happens. Both women understand how politics work -- you know, you grease my palm, I grease yours."

"No I didn't know that Jim, well sort of. This is why I require experienced help. Gerry says there will be outrage if he so much as lifts a finger to help me."

"Yes, and probably with the Guardian leading the pack."

"You are a swine Jim Gee but damn attractive. I can see what Kitty sees in you."

"Okay, you've had two whiskies. Please Lady Fitzroy, read what the people of this country on Saturday will learn about you, warts and all, and particularly the sensational disclosure that you are really one of us through the good office of our first Governor-General. I promise you it makes for compulsive reading."

"Well, I'm ready for the worst and you and Kitty make it sound exceptionally good. Is this a combined effort to seduce me intellectually?"

"Yes, er, intellectually."

"Definitely, exclusively seducing you intellectually Magnolia," agreed Kitty, who thought Jim had been brilliant at putting Magnolia at ease. She must have Magnolia in their wedding party.

To be Continued