All Comments on 'The Priest and the Love Doctor'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Role reversal!

Like "When" & "What", you have cleverly reversed the gender stereotypes, and probably garnered some low scoring from your more dense fans. As a male , I must admit to my discomfort with these women, but as a (hopefully) thoughtful and intelligent person, I must admit my embarrassment in recognizing my own hypocrisy. Touché. In the tradition of Jonathan Swift, you've penned a humorous and biting satire. Thank you. You are one of my favorites.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
A perfect five stars average score so far

But only one comment ! And on a RichardGerald story ! His stories usually get dozens of comments. Those who like it apparently can't think of anything to say and nobody hates it.

Lue

Ps: I thought it was a nice bit of fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lost in an obscure category

Unfortunately, I think this story is lost in an obscure category. That's why there's less traffic. Sometimes I don't check this category at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A funny story

But I continue to have this nagging feeling that you're down on men. In a lot of your stories your male characters seem to get steam rolled by strong-willed (read bitchy), manipulative, controlling women. Now you may like assertive, strong, determined women as your lead characters but after awhile it gets old. I felt bad for Robert in this story. He gets used, repeatedly, by numerous women. And Mary's actions and words indicate she's no better than the rest. How did she get him to propose? Tell him to? Why did he propose? We don't hear much from his side of the story except he spends a lot of time hiding from the female population. You could have made the story better by telling us some of his opinions and ideas..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
BS

This is "humorous and biting satire"? Bullshit. This is just a boring, pointless story. Sorry, but someone had to recognize that the "emperor" is just standing naked. Fuck you for posting it.

La_TortueLa_Tortuealmost 8 years ago
Are One or Two of Those Who Have Commented Feeling a Little Sensitive?

Are some feeling a little rankled that their belief in the "alpha gender" they consider themselves to be a member of has been challenged? Oh My! Sexually aggressive females who are quite prepared to ditch the non-performing, three strokes and it's done, men in favour of someone with the stamina to take them past their limits. What is the world coming to?

The selfish half of the population, who believed that provided they got their rocks off all was well, are slowly being brought into line and taught that sex is a two way street. Unfortunately in some the effect of genetics is harder to break but hopefully they will die out as a result of natural selection.

Hey though guys, it's only a story after all. It's fiction, but worth reading as a lesson on what's expected of you. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You'd Think

I would of thought that "Stil" or Robert, would of broken out of his shyness long ago, especially after "boping" so many young ladies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Humor? Where? How?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
STIL at it

hmmm, a rare swing and a miss. Kind of aimless, wandering about, no destination in mind. Not clear the reason, not sure the rhyme. Stil you soldiered on to the end, and that is just fine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
HAHAHAHA

I think the priest is rigth!!!!!!!!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Good story enjoyed.

Definitely in right category.

Shit fire and save matches.

What a stud.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

complain, complain, complain, what won't woman complain about? Boggles the trying figure out how Mary is ging to solve this stiff problem, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Haven’t read all off RGs stories but I’m yet to read a bad one. Nice one.

fregenfregenover 2 years ago

A fun and light hearted story. A very enjoyable read.

Thanks for sharing. fregen

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 2 years ago

Well, in the end the priest had some sort of epiphany. Spares me the rant about prejudices.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Stil, the story was a bit contrived. However, it was Stil an enjoyable read. Four stars worth.

JPB NOT BOB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous