All Comments on 'The Quarterback and the Tutor Ch. 09'

by perihelion

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Ugh

Please I need more.

boyxboylover_boyxboylover_about 9 years ago
heartbreak

It was so good. I feel so bad for Tom. I need more

kmillerk1kmillerk1about 9 years ago
AHHHHHHH

More Soon, Please, :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm sorry but

I don't feel bad for Lucas. He kept telling Tom to just suck it up and take all that abuse. And that's what it was, abuse. This wasn't about checking out a suitor, or vetting a potential mate. This was vicious revenge, and it wasn't right. Tom's parents may have been difficult to deal with for Lucas, but not even his father in his bigotry was as degrading and heartless as Lucas' family. And the worst thing is that at least Lucas had Tom's loving support. They stood united, and faced Tom's family as a team. Lucas left Tom alone in this. His idea of support was to blame Tom when he fell apart, and tell him that he basically deserved to be torn to shreds with no one to love him back together, or to tell them to stop because they'd gone too far.

Lucas was wrong. I agree with Tom every step of the way in this chapter. Lucas' family was heartless. His brother's a complete asshole, and they were out for blood. Well, they got their pound of flesh. And after what Lucas has said and done (or not done as the case may be), I wouldn't blame Tom for changing his ticket and flying home early. He didn't deserve any of the cruelty he got. Shame on that family.

LLAPLLAPabout 9 years ago
I hate fights

:( i need them to make up soon... when you fight with someone you love it can be because of the stupiest things... and since you know the other person so well, you can really hurt each other, and often you say things that you regret as soon as they leave your mouth :s

i like the way you wrote the dialog here. how the emotions get in the way of rational discussons. but i'm sad for Tom... having to spend the night alone in someone else's house because you fought with your boyfriend. no where to go... no one who's on your side :/ poor guy...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great chapter but..

I sincerely hope Tom isn't just going into that room to apologise to Lucas.

Lucas is behaving completely unfairly, his family were horrible, who the hell are they to treats a guest in their home like this. Tom needs to tell Lucas he's leaving early and it's Lucas' turn to grovel.

jay5515jay5515about 9 years ago
Hmm...

I definitely want them to work out cause I'm a sucker for happy endings, but I don't think Tom should apologize to Lucas. Tom shouldn't have to take that kind of treatment while his boyfriend sits there quietly. Relationships do not work like that.

bdismukesbdismukesabout 9 years ago
Ok but.....

I think this chapter would have been better if Lucas would have woken up to tom gone. Lucas's family was awful, towards tom. Tom didn't need that, he ready knew everything David said, there was no need in that. Ugh I hope tom does not apologize. To Lucas. I really hoped tom would have left and Lucas understand now much tom was hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
its Lucas who should apologize now..

This time Lucas needs to apologize. Tom has every right to go back home. Since he has been facing abuse from the time he met the family, its time Lucas realises how Tom must be feeling. Enough of siding with his family. Tom surely does not need this. I hope you don't make Tom apologize as he is completely right this time and Lucas needs to understand this. I hope Tom leaves and Lucas has to do the making up.

SuiteStikyThangSuiteStikyThangabout 9 years ago
Wow!

That was painful to read. Excellent chapter but Damn! I agree with everyone else, I don't see a quick fix to the abuse Tom had to endure. Lucas and his family need a swift kick in the pants. I'm all for HEA endings but in this case, I don't believe it should come anytime soon. They have serious work to do!

LabeautifullLabeautifullabout 9 years ago
sad....:(

First of all thank you so much for the LONG chapter. I loved it. You are an amazing writer.

Tom and Lucas what are we gonna do my babies huh?!!

Lucas i know your family is just looking out for you but they were just mean and disrespected your MAN. Although Tom is highly emotional he was holding up well through it all.

Now listen to me Lucas u need to run to your MAN and beg for for forgiveness before you ruine your relationship. Telling Tom to cry was a no-no baby boy.

** patiently waiting for updates and please,please,please make it long? (Makes cute puppy dog face)**

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The lines that sum it all up...

" '"Why don't you two pups grow up? You need to learn to talk to each other, not just have sex and fight.' "

As odious as Lucas's father is, he's right. Neither Lucas nor Tom are ready for marriage. Completely agree with the comment below – they definitely have serious work to do!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Tom is being kinda a brat. He gets mad to angry and takes things to personally but lucas shouldn't goad him and make him even more angry. But I think lucas should ge the one to apologize.

But I absolutely love this story! Your writing is amazing and I feel the emotions of these characters come across so well. Keep up the amazing work! I love everything you're doing with this story

canndcanndabout 9 years ago

Really great chapter. You really used the family to get into deeper parts of their relationship, to move them past that honeymoon part that they still had one foot in, despite the fights they'd faced on campus. I think this is when they really saw life for what it will be outside of the microcosm of university. Tom had his future laid out before him with the facts he knew, but in a way he couldn't maybe still rally himself behind the scenes. Tom has always had a more explosive temper and is more emotional than Lucas. But they are both stubborn. It will make for some interesting nights if they don't work through it. I think Lucas had to be a bit more understanding in that Tom faced the firing squad in an admirable way and even took the shots meant for Lucas, outside of the ones aimed at him to see if he was a fit suitor for their son. I hope James doesn't make this a whole lot worse. it seems maybe Tom was going to go to lucas to work this one out I'm glad b/c I think until now, Lucas has had to be the stronger of the two and Tom needs to be able to take that on at times too. I really think you've upped your game with this story. I think it has been your best in alot of ways. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story

Extremely well crafted story that, I believe, deserves many chapters ranked in the upper echelons of Literotica's Hall of Fame. Though this chapter was well written, as usual, I was shocked at Lucus' acquiescence to his family's treatment of Tom and also to Lucus' treatment of Tom. It seems a little out of character for the caring child that beat up a couple of kids for abusing an animal to allow the rude and even cruel treatment of the man he loved. I'm wondering if Lucus is afraid to confront his family for fear of being disinherited. At the end of the chapter I was expecting that Tom may have left in the night, leaving Lucas a note. I wish he had. It would serve Lucus right if, when he opens the door, Tom informs Lucus that he is going back to New Hampshire today and they have a lot of things to discuss when he returns.

mikeyb85mikeyb85about 9 years ago
wow

I really enjoyed this chapter, I feel bad for Tom but he needs anger management... Im glad Lucas stood up to his dad but he should have defended Tom and and corrected his father when he called him tim love this series keep them coming.

brandone94brandone94about 9 years ago
Love This Story

I love this story. I love the way you have written all 9 chapters. And I do agree with all others. I hope the next part does not begin with Tom apologizing. Tom is an amazing man, and so is Lucas. But It's time the honeymoon stage of the relationship wears off, and they get to know each other deeper and make even more of a Non-Sexual connection.

You, Perihelion, are an amazing writer. I hope chapter 10 comes soon! Can't wait to see what happens! I love both Tom and Lucas. But this time, it is time for Lucas to be the one who apologizes. NOT Tom. He did NOT deserve to be treated that way by Lucas' Family. I get it, they have been burned (or had many attempts) to get at their money by significant others. But you should NEVER be that RUDE to someone who loves your child. I know I never would be!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What a piece of work

Tom deserves waaayyy better than Lucas and his piss poor uppity rich family. I have hated Lucas' attitude the entire series, and his lack of care for looking out for his future husband proves how shitty of a human being he is. Yes Tom rushed things and brought this upon himself, but Lucas could have acted like he cared about him, and not just with his pathetic late ass attempt at it. He has been the cause of every argument and every fight of your series. Tom had to seek Lucas out too by talking to that scum bag of a bastard David at the end. He cares too much for Lucas, and Lucas will burn him in the end

I don't give a fuck what the father said, James is going to be just as nasty towards Tom as David and the father were.

OnimpulseOnimpulseabout 9 years ago
Hmmm...

Up until now, I've been team Lucas in this couple's many disputes...but now, I think the way Lucas's family treated Tom, was not worthy of the character that I've grown to love in Lucas...if this is what money and class signifies, then Lucas should go home and settle in for being daddy and David's lil boy for the rest of his life!! I'm appalled that anyone would condone that type of behavior from people in the guise of 'stating facts'...mean and nasty can never be disquised as anything but horrendous behavior!! Hoping the next chapter will put this back on track...that being said, you are a truly fabulous talent...and thanks for sharing it with us!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
maybe...

I think the next chapter really has to be them fighting it out, WITHOUT ending in make-up sex. They really really need to sort out their differences and issues if they are ever gonna last anything longer than a year. Love the series though im hating Lucas' family. Totally side with Tom on this chapter. How weird :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
AAAAAARGH!

I've never gone through any story feeling THIS angry in my entire life!

This, however, only illustrates HOW GOOD you are as a writer: your characters are so rounded and complex that they are almost tangible! They seem like a best friend, a relative, a love one… it's almost scary that I'm as easily provoked by David and Merry as Tom was.

Whatever your doing, keep doing it. With this careful plot development and very meticulous characterization, I must say I'm somewhat expecting a very astounding ending for Team TomCas (beautiful as their story is, I hope you're not planning on going on until Chapter 50 or something... by the pacing I believe this'd end at Ch. 10 or 12)... as a longtime follower of your works and witness to your beautiful endings, I believe you'd deliver ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent but...

I agree with the rest, Lucas NEEDS, no HAS to apologize. If Tom wanted to go with him to his family it was to show support. Lucas should be able to do the same for Tom! I was really agree at Lucas... Poor Tom: in a strange house with strange people treating him badly and not even his Lucas (whom he adores) to provide any support? LUCAS NEEDS TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs to make Tom feel secure, protected, supported but mostly LOVED!!!

By the way, I do hope this lasts 50 chapters at the very least :)

Love the story and I wish this was a movie

ReddfoxReddfoxabout 9 years ago
Totally disagree

I totally disagree with all the comments many families would behave in the same manner. Lucas tried to warn Tom and he should be able to take it, when his family came Lucas had to be the calm one and he seems to be doing it again. Now he went to his family to make them better and all Tom could do was whine he needs to grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wonderful

Your story is really nice, please keep writing about Tom and Lucas every few days.

Best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I was loving Lucas til this chapter, he's just like the rest of his family, he didn't have to put up with nearly as much shit from Toms family, so I disaggree with you Reddfox.

Please don't have Tom apologizing to Lucas, I was actually hoping that Tom would pack and leave, not wait around for more shit from his supposedly loving boyfriends family where his boyfriend doesn't love him enough to stand up to his so called loving family.

brijeonbrijeonabout 9 years ago
DAMM

I don't know where to start Tom and Lucas are great together but just like a lot of relationship hot in the beginning who cares abut talking the truth about life so yes Tom and Lucas has a lot to talk about but I must say this I would be damm to stand around and let anyone and I mean anyone talk to me the way Lucas family spoke to Tom. Yes Lucas did not want Tom to go with him but we know Tom is all alpha when it comes to Lucas so he did not go to be treated like a dirty dish rag and your man is telling baby just take it for me is Tom going to have to get a ass beating from the other brother to make his humiliation complete. My heart broke for Tom I wanted to reach in and remove him from that house but what made me more angry with Lucas is when he told his brother he did notting wrong in the hallway so Lucas was fine with the dress down and the wagging he gave Tom. Lucas father calling Tom Tim, absolutely no respect. Tom ass should have been on the next plane, taxi, boat,hitchiked just get the hell out. Lucas family kept saying we are doing this because we love you hay maybe they do but it felt like they were doing because they were snobby rich people including Lucas, I think Tom should walk away for a while. Tom brought the hammer down on his dad in seconds when his dad was attacking Lucas ,he was protecting what was his. Lucas did not protect Tom. I still want them together, and keep up the good writing. Sorry for the longgggg comment

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 9 years ago
I found this chapter extremely satisfying.

I'm obviously in the minority, but I really liked Lucas' family. SOMEBODY has to tell it like it is! They were protective of Lucas and wanted to make sure he wasn't being take advantage of. I also really appreciated the straightforward way they talked about issues -- they treated Tom and Lucas like adults, and challenged them about their decisions that obviously weren't thought through. You're wearing wedding rings and you know NOTHING about each other's families? What do they do when they're together, just watch sports and fuck?

They owe each other apologies, but Tom *really* has shit to atone for. He's the one who outed them without discussing it with Lucas first. There's no going back now. Everything that is happening to them is his fault, and he should take responsibility and stop all the yelling and jumping to conclusions. His short-sightedness and immaturity will be the death of their relationship. I feel very little sympathy for Tom in this situation. Lucas told him to stay home and he refused. Wouldn't even discuss it. So let the chips fall where they may. Tom needs to realize that the hostility he's receiving from his possible in-laws is only a fraction of what he'll get as a public figure. I think this was the wake up call he needed. Way to go, perihelion!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Bet He Left

Anyone taking bets on who is knocking on the door? Bet it's David. Rude family. All of the things said could have been said in a civilized manner. I wouldn't stay where there is so much stress and strife. Lucas seemed a bit manipulative at the end. Tom does behave rashly, with the outing and all, but will yelling at him and finger in the face accomplish anything? Rational concern would have been better. What is it with yelling? It NEVER changes the other person's mind. Ever. Attacking before getting to know Tom? Not nice people. Guess if you're rich a Civil Engineer isn't good enough.

Lucas is an idiot. He should have called his parents because their finding out was inevitable. Bottom line, the family does not respect Lucas or Tom.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Enough of this!!!

Tom needs to get the hell out of there, he doesn't deserve this. Lucas clearly is not going to stand up for him or their relationship to his family. A guy can only take so much emotional abuse before it's beyond repair. I'd be done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This is realistic

I have known some rich, well-educated families like this; they are crude, competitive, and combative. They believe they are toughening up their children to survive and achieve in the real world (and boy, do they expect achievements). The family is not the emotional refuge that it is in other homes.

My husband and I did the same thing--wearing our rings before our actual marriage, because we were so committed to each other. We were also challenged as to why we wanted to marry when we were only twenty. Like these boys, we had important things to learn about each other and how to communicate as a couple, but the love and respect has carried us through. I think Tom and Lucas will be fine, too.

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteabout 9 years ago
What A Chapter!

The teaser said the meeting didn't go well but I didn't expect that degree of hateful animosity. What a mean, nasty family! At least the mother & sister seemed to come around but the father and brothers - what assholes! I was disappointed that Lucas didn't jump on his father's "turned my son queer" comment. Or was it the brother or both. Tom & Lucas obviously have a lot of work to do on their relationship and I hope you work it out. Your writing is terrific! It's been a great story so far and I too would like to see a happy ending.

adjoaqadjoaqabout 9 years ago
5*****

Brilliantly done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Definitely 5,stars

despite how unrealistic it is, still fun to read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wow

This was chock full of obnoxiousness and hysterics all around. The only person not a major ass was Sally and she was a minor one. Even the cook pulled a crappy move with the accent.

Lucas completely failed at being a supportive partner. Tom rose to every bait thrown out. The family was horrid, but sounds like they are generally horrid to everyone. Not a shred of basic civility among them. Nice.

My biggest problem was the whiplash in the way you wrote the emotions. Screaming one minute and laughing the next. Back and forth too rapidly. Just all over the place. People that angry don't usually mellow out quickly. The mad stays.

Lucas owns the largest part of the problem. As a couple, you present a united front and support each other. This meeting was going to happen. He knows his family. He minimized Tom's feelings. He should have at the very least told Tom his feelings are valid and his family are wrong - no excuses made for them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
frusterating inconsitency

so much for Lucas' family being fine with his being gay because he has a first cousin who is a lesbian and she's the most beloved family member....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Hope u write another chapter you can't end it like this I need more. Please hurry an post chapter 10 I need to know what happen and if they made up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wow..

Please update this soon, the suspense is killing me. Are they going to make up or was that fight too much?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I NEED MORE.

Pleaseeeee upload the next chapter soon I can't survive this finishing on a fight!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
NEED the next chapter.

Loving this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
More, please!

This story is one of the best I have ever read. The story doesn't seem to be finished so, I hope there is more to come soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great but inconsistent

I really love this story. It has an amazing story line. However, it is a bit inconsistent. At the beginning of the story, Lucas's family was very supportive. I mean that's what I got when you kept mentioning how they love his lesbian cousin so much. Also at the beginning, I'm pretty sure his dad was a doctor.

Like I said, it's a great story and you're a good writer. I just think you should work on keeping the back story and characters consistent. :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Same Anonymous as before

Another inconsistency is in an earlier chapter Lucas cried. However in a recent chapter you made it seem as if he was super tough and said he hadn't cried in a long time. That was not true. He cried with Tom during their first big fight.

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 6 years ago

I love the story but his family need to get off Toms arse. He's given everything up for the guy he loves, without question or hesitation, they all need, Lucas included to relise that and appreciate Tom for it, he's been 10x the man of them all combined.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

I love use your Troy Aikman as "straight" he is a mess, when he came to Dallas he was in the gay bars and was seen around time with a men all the time. He said you do not have to be gay if you do not want to be (LOL) he married an very average looking woman who was on the Cowboy's staff and since divorce. He was outed in a book and just a few years ago he was mad when that guy got a national sports (remember). Then a few years ago remember the No. One NCAA player could not get a job in the NFL because he was openly gay. You have to be in the closet to get a job. Just like Arron Rodgers, I first found out he was gay when a guy moved here from Green Bay told me he has a "roommate" a staff guy. Everyone in Green Bay knew. Few years later the media started outing him and he took bad and got rid of his boyfriend and did not even go to his own brother's wedding and cut off all contact with his parents. So sad that every company has public policies of tolerance for gays but there actions are just the opposite. Like the NFL is still in truth will not hire any open gays. We need to hold the company to walk the walk and not just talk.

AkshunLoveAkshunLoveover 5 years ago
Sorry, have to point out some inconsistencies here...

I thought Lucas’s father was a neurosurgeon who was never home and I thought Lucas said that his coming out would be no problem because of his gay cousin 🤨 and I would say that all of your characters are mercurial, prone to flying off the handle at the smallest things and overreacting. I thought Lucas was the grounded one, but now he’s lost the plot too?

I like this story and I’m enjoying it, but be careful with stuff like character consistency, both in their behaviour and in remembering small details; it’s paramount for a writer, because when you don’t, it knocks the story down to amateur writing and can really upset a reader’s experience.

chilliwackbc2020chilliwackbc2020about 3 years ago

If I was Tom I would tell that family to fuck off, and leave. Lucas is a wimp, and the Dad is an asshole.....Tom did not turn Lucas gay....That is one piss poor family...Love this story, but it makes me so damn mad. No one should have to put up with that crap, and why is Lucas not sticking up for Tom

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This so called family are a real bunch of bruisers..... having a new man show up and meeting them all only to have them go full force shooting him, the relationship and their son down... in the name of love indeed..... if thats love I’m Santa!

This is a power struggle.... I’d offer that no man allow it to become otherwise..... screwed up!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous