All Comments on 'The Reasons for Cheating Ch. 01'

by sk11

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
DrPlutonDrPlutonover 13 years ago
I like it.

Please continue with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Here comes 'de judge!

Uh oh! Time for Charlie to face the music!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
I like your concept, but.........

I almost got a headache jumping between the thoughts of Charlie, Choe, and Mary. I was almost halfway through a section sometimes before I would figure out who was who. Still, I'm looking forward to future chapters. Good first effort!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice start.

Please don't make this the predictable guy who seems a cheating shit but is then vindicated because his wife turns out to be a cheating slut, so falling in love with his best friend works happy ending.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
You Got IT!

More, More! Here's your 5 Stars (I feel so cheap).

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
Vote 5 if we want more?

Why would you write that? Do you write for votes or do you have a story you want to tell? Insisting on a high vote to continue will likely backfire. It's a foolish suggestion. Finish it...or don't. It's up to you, not me. But, no one will know your story if you stop. The question, for you it seems, is will many readers care?

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
My Opinion is

that you are a fairly good writer. However, I have to side with Harddaysknight in his thoughts on the veiled threat of soft blackmail of not continuing the story unless votes of 5 are recieved. Your story does not cause the heart pounding desire to know more about "The Reasons for Cheating" that would cause me to compromise my vote. Therefore, I will save you time and keystroke effort and not vote at all, because I don't care if you continue or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I do want more . . .

. . . but I voted less than five. Cute try, like the story - cute. Let's see where it goes. I don't mind having to pay close attention so I can tell who is speaking. I read more carefully that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
1 star

don't bother posting next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well Done

I enjoyed the story, however I was sometimes a little confused about who's naritive i was reading. I'd like to see the story continue, but I think you should take what Harddaysnight said to heart. He is one of the best here on Lit. and know of what he speaks.

magmamanmagmamanover 13 years ago
Not quite

All of us who post stories here for reasons that probably cannot be explained want 5's. The danger then lies in the attempt to please the reader rather than yourself.

Therefore truth is that a score of perfection is pretty rare, thus a "4" is actually excellent. Very few of us are budding literary geniuses. Even rereading my own work, without fail I want it back so I can fix something, this also happens with the few I am fortunate enough to see actually published. Yes, I write professionally, and I am NOT rich, that question thus answered.

Asking for the coveted "5" very likely reduces the number of them, and increases the probability that the naysayers will instead give you one of those nasty 1's. For some, if the penis could not be used as a fence post and the breasts do not require massive framework to support them, or the scenario does not feature Mom and son or someone of other races, or just plain abuse it's a zero, just the way it is around here.

I see some already have dinged you. I actually have not yet voted, this portion is not a 5 as yet, but it could be when finished. I see a talent with words so go ahead, tell us the rest of your tale. Lots of potential here.

Thanks,

MGM

sk11sk11over 13 years agoAuthor
Note from the author

First off, thanks to everyone who has already rated and/or commented - I appreciate all your feedback.

Now, I'd like to clear up any ill will the last sentence of my story may have created; the only reason I put that in there (as I've done for my other stories, as well), is to know which of my serials readers are most passionate about so I know which to continue writing. It was not an attempt to solicit high ratings, because (to my knowledge) that serves no actual purpose.

Again, if I had known such a small comment would generate such polarizing remarks, I wouldn't have made it at all; it hadn't created any response in the past when I'd made it for my other stories, but I'll certainly keep it in mind in the future.

-sk11

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not bad so far.

This story has good potentials. Depending which way this stoy goes I have to say I don't condone cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Now what ?

now their BOTH assholes ..........nobody to like . end it here . 1 star .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
To much jumping around

by changing the POV so much it made it hard to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
More

Like the story. Very curious to see where you will take it in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Oh please Chloe was after Charlie from the start. She developed feelings for her friend despite him being married and when she got a chance she pounced. She certainly didn't feel any guilt about her actions, only hurt that he told his wife that he loved her and that it was a mistake. She may not want to be the "other woman" but she is sure putting herself in that spot.

And Charlie is a jackass. He feels guilty but then he can't forget his tryst with Chloe? He takes her out to a bar while his wife is waiting at home for gim and comments on her being a "babe"? He may feel guilty but I have no doubt that he'll cross that line again and learned nothing.

I really hope it is Mary that caught him and that she gives him some payback. Usually I abide by the "two wrongs don't make a right" but since I don't like the other two characters I don't care.

But I do like the story. It sure got my emotions going which is the hallmark of a good story.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
Potential

But quit changing POV!! First, it makes it hard to follow. Second, a writer can't find HIS voice if all he does is jump from view to view. Find a POV and persion and TELL the story.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Title & content don't match... yet

Dancing between POV's made reading a bit of a challenge but if it was too much for some they should read something else. The Tags say "Love triangle"... a triangle has three sides. Up to the last paragraph one of the three was only connected to him, not his new lover. Hardly a triangle.

So far his reason for cheating was weakness.

MendonFishersMendonFishersover 13 years ago
It's a good story!

Mose writers like their stories to get high scores weither they admit it or not. You have comments from some very good authors.

I guess I'd have to agree that your switching your point of view made reading it a little tough. Here's a couple of tricks I use to help me. One: find a good eitor to proofread your writings. They are a great help in reviewing your work. If you read other authors, you'll note that some of the bet use editors.

Two: If you're going to change POV then use a Chapter heading like MARY'S Story.

Third: Adapt the 3rd person - example: "I spent the day at home working out how to confront Charlie" change it to "Mary spent the day at home working out how to confront Charlie "

Your story line is good, keep up the good work.

Mendon

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO ANSWER A RIDDLE

SOME RIGHT, MOST WRONG ALL ARE HUMOUROUS. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Fair

Another cheating story. This one the husband is the asshole jerkoff prick cheater. I HATE cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Finish your fucking stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Huh?

Why didn't the story have an ending? I looked & there's not a part 2 so I guess it just abruptly stopped.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

unfinished cuck shit.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Died

This story died before it went anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One can only hope the author had more success in intimacy than he/she did in finishing writing projects. If not, he/she never had an orgasm. That failure would actually be consistent with the content of the stories submitted here and left incomplete.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous