All Comments on 'The Referendum'

by suboots

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
themanredthemanredover 5 years ago
Very interesting world!

The dialogue is solid and the world-building is on point. I enjoy the sadism the women portray, and the fact that he says 'she's beautiful, in another world he would have hit on her' is a nice touch! I believe the world I'm reading, and would like to see more of it! I especially liked the economics of cheap wine, which was then used to drive more men out of business. Nice!

subootssubootsover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you...

...for your positive comments. There will be more chapters soon. I notice that several reviewers have given one star. I would be interested to know the rationale for this. Is it really that badly written?

EmirusEmirusover 5 years ago
Worth the wait

Six months with nothing and then this arrives. It was well worth the wait. A very simple story that was an enjoyable read. What you are looking for in a one page story is a tale without intricacies and we’ll told. That’s what you’ve got here.

You are capable of writing longer episodes which we have seen with The Dutch Master/Mistress (please get back to it) but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t write a quickie. The rating is ridiculous. Why do short stories get hit so hard? You look at a story and ask was it good, bad or mediocre and vote accordingly. You don’t vote on the length. I’ve read some real repetitive crap that ran to four or five pages but got good ratings. Sorry for the rant and I hope to see The Dutch Mistress Ch.04 very soon.

subootssubootsover 5 years agoAuthor
Long wait

I had given up trying to get access to the site. Purely by chance I came back one day and voila, it worked !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous