The Rekindle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You will."

"No, Briel," I said as sincerely as I could. "I won't."

She exhaled and stared at the ceiling, looking away from me.

"I will make the most of the time we have, Briel. I won't leave your side. I will help you pass, if that is the only gift I can give you."

She looked up at me with her eyes glistening with pools. She smiled slightly, "Yes."

I remember kissing her head, smelling her lovely hair. As I moved to remove her scarf, she breathed sharply, her hands touching mine to stop me but then she pulled the scarf from her head.

I kissed her beautiful head. It would always be a crowned glory despite her missing locks. "You are always beautiful to me, Briel," I whispered into her ear and nibbled kisses on her lobe.

I stayed with her, pulled the chair up to her bed from below the frosted window and held her hand through it all. I reminded her that she was loved, that we loved her, her mother, father, brother and I. She squeezed my hand as every vein in her body rose from under her thin skin in anguish. I was there on New Year's Eve as tears spilt from her eyes down the side of her cheek, as though her labored breath was too hot for her lungs.

Her breathing grew shallower with each second. Seconds that were moments etched forever in my memory as the love of my life fought for the air to live. New Year's was for new beginnings, new outlooks, new chances. I kissed her damp cheek and she took one more breath. Strong and full. The clock struck midnight.

Briel—The Reprise

The snow fell outside the frosted windows, faint cheers could be heard in the distance. A chorus of "Happy New Year" rang in the distant.

Red and white lights swirled silently, splashing water to the sides of tires as it drove past the house. They briefly lit the room, we held our breaths. And then left it dark the room dark again with the only light coming from the fire in the fireplace. On the television flickered images of thousands of people huddled in the cold thousands of miles away, confetti raining on them and their screaming faces muted.

I only glanced for a second at the yearly Times Square broadcast, where the camera zoomed in on a man proposing to his girlfriend while others around them celebrated their own beginnings.

I felt lips on my neck, bringing my attention back to the present. Hands tangled together passionately at the nape of my neck, pulling me closer to him. My Caden, who a year ago had mended my heart and brought me back to the world. I kissed his eyelids, praying he would never have to deal with the nightmare of last year again. His fingers tangled into my short curly hair as he continued to kiss me passionately. New Year's will forever have a great meaning to us.

My cell phone rang, and I smiled into his eyes. His eyes always looked at me as if I were the last woman on earth and he would travel around the world for me. My brother was ringing me, but he knew better. So I let it ring. Shortly after, a text message popped up. I chuckled lightly and showed it to Caden. His hands felt so good massaging my shoulders.

Ehan wrote:Congratulations again and Happy New Year, you two.

Caden nodded in agreement, but his eyes were full of lust and passion; he had other ideas on how to celebrate the baby hours of the year and reading text messages from my twin was not what he had in mind. He pushed the phone from my fingers, setting it on the bedside table and covered my body with his strong one. He leaned over me, his tender love raining down on me from chin to neck to ear.

"I love you," I spoke through the passion that nearly overwhelmed my voice.

"I love you too, Briel. Happy New Year." My husband said as we turned the television off and cuddled deeply into our bed, our honeymoon bed—rekindled.

*************************

Happy Holidays!

I thought I'd try out something completely different than what I normally write. Thank you PennLady for your feedback and editing.

Thank you for reading my story in the Holiday Contest. Please don't forget to vote. Leave a comment or two, anonymous or signed, I will appreciate them the same.

Cheers,

~Talyis