All Comments on 'The Relapse Door'

by YDB95

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
GobletHolly182GobletHolly182about 12 years ago
very imaginative fantasy

fun hypothetical future, and nice touch with the 23rd century prophesy about someone from the last generation before the Hot Era - i love it when writers twist the familiar world into fantastical perspective.

the tension and changing relationship between tom and jim was lovely. how sad that he couldn't save his friend! in fact, it was hard to agree that tom did the right thing, in the end. guess i'd be one of margarethe's casualties :)

the sex was hot, but tbh i didn't feel that tom's connection with margarethe was as strong as with jim. there's something a little disturbing about a woman looking exactly like the guy's ideal fantasy, as if she wasn't her own person.

thought-provoking read, thanks.

Ashesh9Ashesh9about 12 years ago
very enviro-friendly but complicated

& all sort of freudian/ Jungian psychology also involved ----brilliant !!

Destiny_ParkerDestiny_Parkeralmost 12 years ago
Great read!

First and foremost...I rarely read long Lit stories. I stayed enthralled in yours right up until the end. I loved your originality and creativity.

Although your writing is fantastic I really wish that you would have used an editor. There are some little things here and there that could have been fixed to turn your story into something that would be world-worthy. That said...I still gave it a 5 because you kept me engaged for 9 pages!! And made me fall for Tom.

parthenogenesisparthenogenesisover 8 years ago
Great Story!

I really enjoyed the departure from the mundane in this story. Well done, and thank you for sharing it with us.

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
nice

I was hopeing he bring back coffee and maybe seeds

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Sure is a lot of PC crap to wade through to find a story. I mean, nagging and erotica don't go well together.

Oh, and you should be forced to pay a nickel for each unnecessary comma.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Is the town on the Canadian border supposed to be Madawaska?

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

and the last thing Tom's unconcious mind recognized was the weak beep-beep becom an steady flat tone while his hard stopped the fight against the toxidty. The rather nice lokking nurse nearby's sad commend got lost on him: "some kids never learn drougs wont fix any discontent, it's just plain, constant work to keep up for better. Happyness is never gifted, but earmed".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous