All Comments on 'The Reluctant Journey Ch. 07'

by Darlin92

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago

really good i think they are perfact together. can't wait for more :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I love this story!

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Typos

Wow, I actually reread this one when it posted and I was surprised at the amount of blatant typos and grammatical errors that slipped through the cracks. I wanted to comment on it before anyone else could. :) sorry, oops

There was a particular part I actually groaned at my computer:

(He looked at her. "I know everything there is to know about you, and even if there wasn't something I didn't know I have all the means to find whatever I want to know out.")

Um Cain wasn't supposed to be drunk or anything when this mess came out of his mouth. This one's my fault. I detest double negatives and this one made me cringe so I wanted to personally clarify it. (It also seemed a little wordy so I changed the end too) The new dialogue is as follows:

"I know everything there is to know about you, and even if there WAS something I didn't know, I have all the means to find out."

I know this wasn't the only mistake, but it was the one that bothered me the most. If it didn't take so long I would edit and repost, but I guess I'll let it go for now. I hope these issues didn't take away from the story too much. Thanks for all of the support and comments. It is definitely what keeps me writing when I get especially frustrated with this story. Keep 'em coming. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fantastic

I absolutely love this story, its my favourite on this site. I am glad that Cain had the sense to remove Tristan from the equation.I am already hanging for the next installment.Love, Love ,Love your work!!!

MaynessMaynessalmost 11 years ago
Enjoying where this is going

One of my favourite chapters, especially like hearing from Cains POV. Especially enjoyed the para where Cain wished to feel the freedom from responsibility, you wrote it well. Looking forward to the next chapter, love where it's heading.

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 11 years ago
Interesting to find out what happened to Tristan

I lved hearing Cain's story about Tristan. On top of that, Cain really redeemed himself when he told Malia the story without making her give him a blow job. Apperantly, he's only a total and complete jerk when he's angry. But he is going to need her again soon. The love is coming together. I love this story.

EvilpandaqueenEvilpandaqueenalmost 11 years ago
don't make us wait this long for the next chapter!

First off, typos and all, this is currently my favorite story to follow. Secondly, loved it, and lastly please post an update soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oh my Darlin92

I didn't notice a single typo UNTIL I read your comment. This story is too enthralling. I just devour your words, the story is so engaging it flows so beautifully that I didn't even notice the typos. Please don't let anything so small delay you continuing this tale.

Keep up the good work,

R

inspector123inspector123almost 11 years ago
Good chapter

I really enjoy this one especially Cain's pov and how he feels about Malia. Just wish you incorporated some of these into the earlier chapters then I think the sex scenes would have worked better in chapter 6 . Really like your writing. This is one of my favorite story on lit along with TLT,TRS and Stolen Slave. A lot of readers mentioned that these are also their favorites so I am in good company. Keep up the good work! Another five stars from me!

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 11 years ago
Excellent!

Okay wow! Now this was one hell of a meaty chapter! I can't wait to see where this is going! Exciting changes happening between Cain and Malia.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Love love loveddd it! Cain actually showed some redeeming qualities and I really enjoyed seeing his pov. I will say I feel like it was good we had to wait this long to hear from him because we had to understand malias confussion and Insecurities. The only critique would have been adding some more clues and maybe a kiss or two in previous chapters in order to more accurately sense cains attraction for her.

Just an absolutely fabulous story with amazing well developed characters! I am

Already anticipating the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The story is perfect.

Story trumps editorial issues, especially ones so minor. The timing is just right, for actions, revelations and emotional epiphanies. I adore the snarky verbage between them. I'm glad you took the time to establish Milia and the story line so firmly before giving us Cain's POV. The conflicts within and between them are what make the story. I am very curious about the future of these isolated communities? Will they ever be assimilated?

This chapter made me as happy as my dog is when rolling around in something nasty at the park. All barky and yippy, and drooling and butt waggin' happy! :D:D:D

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I'm so happy that you all seem to approve. I'm glad that the grammatical errors didn't take too much away from the story.

Evilpandaqueen: as for an update, well I've started chapter 8. I can't promise a shorter wait. I tend to let the chapter before simmer in the queue before I really get typing away on the next chapter. I like to see how everything is sitting with the audience to make sure there isn't anything I need to clarify or change. I'm kind of making this up as I go. On the bright side, I have not hit writers block yet and the words are flowing.

Anyway, all of your comments are making me smile and laugh and I love the support. Thanks so much.

TouricroftTouricroftalmost 11 years ago
Amazing

This was beautiful! Please continue to write as you are doing such a great job!

shyhollyshyhollyalmost 11 years ago
Definitely stepped up a notch!

I'm LOVING this story (and like the other readers I was able to read right through the typos!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A Terrific story

I can't wait to see what will happen to Malia. Will she trade herself to Cain for her family's safety and become his slave? Will Olivia end up as Tristan's wife/caregiver? What about the servant who is in love with him? Please write again soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Gah.

I've got it bad for Cain !!!! Love the storyline and revelations in this chapter !!! Can't wait for the next!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Can't wait for more!

I'm absolutely in love with this story and I already can't wait for the next chapter. Cain and Malia and so perfect together!

danalearnsdanalearnsalmost 11 years ago
Amazing as usual

Like the other readers, I was so happy to hear Cain's point of view. it definitely adds to the story and draws things together. The way they go at each other verbally sometimes cracks me up! it makes those moments when fear and lust enter in have that much more of an impact. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Soooo good!!!

The next chapter will be posted very soon, right? ;). Such a great story! Fantastic characters and the plot is getting better and better! I love this! Please, don't stop, oh god, don't stop, DON'T STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

evonnaevonnaalmost 11 years ago
Amazing.

I just LOVE hearing Cain's thoughts on her, and everything that happens! And the whole chapter was incredibly HOT! and well written. The no panties thing was so naughty as well, like he can only think of sexual punishments for her now :). And the office scene, oh my god, the tension in the air! Well done for writing some of the hottest lines I've read in ages, and no actual touching involved! There is something so indescribably hot about him sitting there, behind his desk, all hot and powerful, calmly asking her about sex. Him telling her to suck his cock was the hottest thing, and in that setting, wheeew. And her bringing up the blowjob again at the cottage, all innocent and nervous. There's something so hot about her innocence coupled with nervousness and feistiness that makes for some incredibly hot and heady reading (and seems to work pretty well on Cain as well). God, I was hoping she would have done it :).

Oh, and of course, the fact that Tristan is now out of the picture is brilliant, as they still have almost a week at the cabin together!

It'll be interesting to see what follows after he returns from his run. I hope he won't turn completely goodie-two-shoes due to his guilt about the sex and kissing, I do hope that Malia somehow gets him to lose his control with her again, perhaps by being mouthy, or something makes him just jump her again soon. Or maybe some punishment will be in order. :) Perhaps some spanking..? :) He was awfully cool about the office being messed up, although perhaps then he was still feeling a little guilty about almost raping her. No, can't be that, he was happy to rip her t-shirt to pieces. Maybe he's saving it for later again! We can only hope. :)

I was a little surprised that he was so at ease with her disrespecting him in front of his men, by flirting with them and making him follow her to the table, but I guess he figured she'll just come across as a prostitute looking for more business, perhaps.. having all the men fear him and salute him etc. was pretty hot as well, he is a powerful guy, which is very very hot.

I'm pretty sure my every sentence here involves the word hot, which means my brain is in complete hotness overload and I'm not making any sense. :) This is definitely the best chapter so far (although the previous one was obviously pretty damn cool too).

Oooh, I can't wait for the next chapter! Hope you'll take pity on us and don't keep us waiting for long.

didntseeuxtheredidntseeuxtherealmost 11 years ago
Yay!

Love the story, I'm addicted. I love hearing Cain's thoughts. Makes his character more real and I can empathize with him. Please continue and I look forward to your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Addicted

I am so addicted to this story, I can't wait to see how this next week plays out. Love hearing Cain's POV . Well done on a great story, best on this site.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 11 years ago
Love it!

It's good to understand Cain a bit better. I also like that the story was told by both Cain and Malia this chapter, so we could get a bit of subtext. I think they are great together and can't wait for them to realize it. I hope Malia decides to give Cain some comfort when he returns from his run. It doesn't have to be sexual but I hope she reaches out to him in some way. She is compassionate and he needs to start healing.

I really love your characters! You can't write quickly enough!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I love how things are developing between them. Cain is not such a bad guy afterall. I like it when he's a little mean though. ;-) I feel for Malia, she's a bit lost now that she's not needed for Tristan. Can't wait to see what happens next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Update??????????

Loving this story , any update on the next chapter???

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Update

I'm still working on the next chapter. Thanks for checking up though. It isn't giving me as much trouble as the last two chapters, but it still has a way to go. I don't have a specific day to give as to when it will be submitted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thanks for the update

I can't wait for the next chapter. In the meantime, I'll be rereading the previous chapters to get my daily dose of Cain.

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago

thanks for update darling will continue to check i love this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
You've got me hooked

Pish posh, I don't think you could go wrong with this story any way you go with it. Your readers(loyal) will finish the series wether they love it or hate it. You just keep writing to your hearts content. I'm cheering you on ^<^

haras0477haras0477almost 11 years ago
love it

I love this story and can't wait for more to come. Keep looking back often for the next chapter please don't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Just started reading...

And am totally hooked! 5 stars. I read all of the chapters at once and I really love all of the characters. Please post more soon. Question, and I apologize if it was brought up in comments on previous chapters, but I didn't wait to read all the comments as I was desperate to read each chapter immediately. But why did Malia's father yell "Run Olivia" when Cain first showed up at the unit? It seemed to me that he was trying to identify Malia as Olivia set her up for capture instead. Unless it was just a typo. Why would he sacrifice Malia over Olivia? And why hasn't Malia questioned that herself?

Anyway, I just love that she is made for Cain. And instead of him forever feeling guilty about how she got her first kiss happened, I want him to revel in the fact that she is completely his, untouched by any other man. ;-) I think Tristan should be with Gwen because she clearly loves him a lot, prosthetic legs and all. And I can't help thinking that Olivia should end up with Finn. Then they could all be one big happy family in the end. Just please keep Cain the dominant sexy man that he is! As much as she protests his treatment of her, she clearly likes it on some level or she wouldn't have fallen for him. Would love to see them with children...couldn't he have already gotten her pregnant? :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
can't wait

I am checking several times a day hoping for the next installment, its killing me. I love this story so much. can't wait to see where their relationship goes from here. In answer to the previous post. I to wondered about this but when I re-read that chapter I realised that her father had his back to her and assumed it was Olivia as she was the one who was there all the time.

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Answer

Yes, his back was turned to her and Cain had been asking for Olivia, not Malia. Her father assumed that it was Olivia that was coming in the room, it would have been more likely to be her, as the last commenter clearly pointed out, and his mind was on her as well as she was the one being threatened. In no way was the father trying to sacrifice either of his daughters, he isn't that kind of man. Thanks for reading :) especially all at once, jeez that's intimidating. I am working on the next chapter, I promise. I know I must sound like a broken record by now but this writing stuff takes a lot longer than I thought it would when I started this story.

jerzygirljerzygirlalmost 11 years ago
Fantabulous!!

I came across your story and once I started I couldn't stop. That's why I am writing this at 4:00 in the morning... LOL So if I sound a little loopy you know why. :) The chemistry between them...WOW!! You are a fantastic writer and I cannot wait till the next chapter!! I think you hit just about every emotion there is... happy, angry, shocked, pity, sad, hopeful... I could go on but I hope you get the point!! 5 stars!!!!!

redwolvsredwolvsalmost 11 years ago

I just starting reading this tonight....and I loved it.....can't wait for the next chapter....5 stars...

haras0477haras0477almost 11 years ago
love this story

I just can't wait wait for the next chapter to come out this is on of three stories I checkback for sometimes more than once a day. I love you writing style and agree that the chemistry between them is just awesome. Yours is one of the stories on this site that I will be sad once it comes to an end.

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Aw shucks

You flatter me :) I hope the love does indeed continue.

At this point I am checking at least twice a day as well, chapter 8 was submitted on Thursday and should be out any time. The time between submitting a chapter and having it posted is excruciating, especially with these last three. It kind of feels like when your going up the big hill of a roller coaster so slowly, it gives you plenty of time to second and third guess yourself for ever getting on (which would be writing the chapter in this case? or posting it? I'm not sure). Clearly the anticipation is making me delirious, gosh I wish it would post already!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yay!

Can't wait for the new chapter, I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
UGH

Ok, I had to resubmit chapter 8 because my string of hyphens that separates POVs was over 30 characters long. Sorry, I wasn't aware of this rule but I fixed it and resubmitted it, which unfortunately means another 3-7 days.

EvilpandaqueenEvilpandaqueenalmost 11 years ago
do you have a blog or something?

I was hoping you could post the chapter else where like a blog so we didn't have to wait. Not your fault I know, however the suspense is killing me. Some authors do that.

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
RE blog

I do not have a blog at the moment, sorry. I know the waiting sucks but I am working on chapter 9 which I usually wouldn't do until chapter 8 was posted, so hopefully (no promises) it will not be such a long break between these two. Without the story being written I can't justify making a blog to double post it at the moment, maybe in the future???

evonnaevonnaalmost 11 years ago
Yay, it'll be up soon!

Just checking back to see how this story is coming along (one of my very few big favourites!), and am so glad to see you've posted the next chap, and it'll only be a couple days until we get to enjoy some more of this great story!

Good to hear you're already working on chap 9, and also thank you so much for keeping us updated on everything so diligently, it's much appreciated.

Happy days! xxx

MaynessMaynessalmost 11 years ago

Just re read this chapter in preparation, don't worry the best things in life are worth waiting or even if it drives you mad! Thanks for the update. M.

joodlejoodlealmost 11 years ago
OMG

I knew that it would be something like this... drugs and stupid ass guys. So sad. Beautifully written. Thank you and again I look forward to more of your submissions.

imonlysleepingimonlysleepingover 10 years ago
Crazily hot.

My Gooood. Get me a bucket of ice water, now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finally Cain’s personality makes a showing. So the arrogant cold bastard is the face he wears when he’s just surviving. The writing style has improved vastly by this stage of the story.

Thanks for sharing

Tess (uk)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDarlin92@Darlin92
I haven’t posted on here for seven years..but I definitely haven’t stopped writing. I hope you all like some of the random stuff I’ve been working on, it is definitely more planned out than the reluctant journey ever was (a story I now find hard to read myself). Please comment...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES