All Comments on 'The Reluctant Neighbour'

by cerrotorre

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Exceptional maiden voyade

This was a good read, probably a reflection of you own belief system, mid life reflections, and hopefully a first hand experience with a younger generation. It hit all the hot buttons without being crude. I am a viet nam vet, toying with a return, so one of my feflective notions was an added bonus. I encourage you to continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
interested

Please continue and i am one of their volunteer editors so if u need help feel free to ask.

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesover 9 years ago
Wow...

... some Canadian references! That's unusual here on this site. Wreck beach is not just chilly though, it's damn cold in that water when school is in. Enjoyed the story and will look you up if there is a sequel planned.

swr47swr47over 9 years ago

Great first effort! Technical componets were smooth so were no distractions. Keep writing.

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Excellent

for a first story. I live just outside Vanc and have always wanted to do Wreck Beach but never got there :-( Perhaps one of these days......4*

This would be an interesting story for a sequel if you have that planned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome first attempt!

Thoroughly enjoyed this story, which I cam readily identify with. So much better than the formula writers on that you have used good values for the characters. Look forward to reading more of your work.

jrj8jrj8over 9 years ago
Encore..!

What everybody is saying... with a cherry on top..!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Encore!

Please, would love to read more. First time? You have a gift, my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

We definitely need you to do more writing, please. Stunningly well developed. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

Very good story would love to read more

Master_Of_LifeMaster_Of_Lifeover 9 years ago

Very nice story, well written (albeit with some awkward dialogue), but it's absolutely in the wrong category, despite Rob's 'reluctance' to get intimate.

It would fit in Erotic Couplings, Mature, or Romance, but *not* here in Non-consent/Reluctance. If you disagree, then just read a sampling of that section. Maybe something by StoryTeller07.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
many readers might miss reading this very good story due to the category

Many of us avoid non-con because it can be gratuitously violent. We often forget the 2nd part of the name of the category, reluctance. You have written a very good story, and I fear, because of the designation it will not get the recognition it deserves.

It is about a couple, one of whom is much older than the other.

It has a long slow build, with much tension, and is very romantic.

And, when they finally get together it is very erotic.

Meaning, it could equally as well fit in Mature, Romance, and erotic romance. All would be better than where it is.

I do need to ask a question though. Shortly after their sail to the island and swimming and sunbathing in the nude, you write:

"Rob then slowly slid the cups down and saw up close what he had only imagined and his imagination did not even come close to the beauty . . . " hmmm?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great but...

Wrong category

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A most memorable story...

The title of your story takes a while to sink in, until we see just how reluctant Rob really is. I had the same experience years ago, and never acted upon it, much to my regret these days. So for the naysayers about the reluctance factor, or classification of your story, I feel sorry for them having never gone through such an experience. I had another three times when I put my foot down and said "no."

But my last "no" didn't work very well, and I ended up living with the lady for three years before the issue of having children reared it's head, and broke the bank. But looking back upon that now, I can only tell you a story of what I fool I was for putting an end to that relationship.

In retrospect, I should have made babies with her...

Aloha from Hawaii,

Glenn

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WAY TOO LONG!

No true action happened until the last page. Wrong category and quite boring at times. Better luck next time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Agreeing with others

Good story, don't let others tell you it's too long. There's just enough development to make the characters somewhat come to life, and it's good, solid writing. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Brings back memories !

Happens more than you think . Great story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very slow

Way too slow. Needs an editor. Payoff lacked confidence and conviction. Extremely over-rated.

CandyKDCandyKDover 9 years ago
great

And yes it does happen more often than you think

My husband is almost 20 years older

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Show more, tell less

There was a lot of telling and head-hopping in this story. For example, a paragraph just up the page from here has this:

"...But when Rob came she did as well and it was number three for her. 'Wow , was that ever cool,' was her very 22yr old reaction..." So, she's sort of the POV character, and we're told that she's had three orgasms, but we have no sense of the experience.

In the next paragraph:

""Oh Baby, Oh Baby, What have you done to me?" he said just barely above a whisper. Could Hell really feel this good?" Now we're inside his head.

If you picked a point-of-view character for each section and stuck with it, I think you'd also be forced to do more showing vice telling. The writing is mechanically solid, it just needs to be tweaked to become engaging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Over rated?????????

Over rated my ass! Damn good tale (or tail). Enjoyed every word. Of course, being an old pervert myself, I like the June / November love interest stories. Sequel, yes please. Maybe technically the writing could be improved, but I'm not an English major. But you did point out this was you first story. Keep it coming, please

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More real than not.

What the young readers don't get is this is the way it happens more often than not. It takes time for a 49 year old non-pervert to get past the hard spots of a relationship like this. You did a fantastic job of writing a story, fact or fiction, that correctly describes reality. The slow play was perfect. Maybe some readers will get the message that quick sex is nothing but animal sex. This is a beginning of a good love story. Nice touch on story development.

I agree that it probably belongs in erotic couplings because it is both erotic and a great coupling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Great story, great anticipation, looking forward to the sequel!

QuixoticEroticQuixoticEroticover 9 years ago
Now I want Rob!

I have found that older men are the greatest lovers.The experience of an older man taking his time to savor you makes for better passion.This story made me so hot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very nice.......especially for a first effort!

Extremely well written. Great buildup. Lots of tension and misunderstanding between Rob and Shannon. Points of view from the two characters, their thoughts, desires and feelings were well thought out and expressed. I would have liked to have seen a little more written on their tryst. I eagerly await your second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sweet

This story was so good it was delicious. Enjoyed it immensely! Please write sequels!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story

Not sure where these people who berate things get off. If they don't like what they are reading go somewhere else and find something you do like. Keep up the story telling it is great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I liked it. However, your grammar skills need a little work. I found that if your spelling had been better it would be easier to read and follow. Keep up the writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story But Wrond Category

I liked the story category but this should be in Romance or Mature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice story

Plenty of scene-setting. Nice build-up until the sex started, but then it went too fast. He marveled and drooled over her breasts, but they were all but ignored during the sex. The same with her ass.

Take your time. Don't rush the sex scenes.

I gave it 4 stars anyway.

tinstartinstarover 7 years ago
Got me going

Old guy with skills and a 22 year old. Yeah, that will work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A love story

Recently I have read a lot of erotica. I usually skip through most of it searching for the parts that are real. This was very real. This wasn't sex or porn it was a story that held you until the "end" and left you knowing there was more. This was not a scramble to a climax and nothing. It was warm and romantic. We got images of their bodies but not through porn microscope that left the beauty and commitment of love. .

I didn't skip a single sentence. Thank you.

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkover 6 years ago
Almost skipped

I almost passed this story by because it is listed as nonconsensual / reluctantance. This should be romance. I'm so glad your other story referenced this beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
wrap

very pretentious romantic fluff. love it when an old pervert has to 'take the wrap'...

cerrotorrecerrotorreover 6 years agoAuthor
Anon Thanks for the encouragement

It really motivates to know someone out there enjoys my story.

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
This story was a delight

Thanks a lot for writing this treasure. It was great pleasure to read; and in a sense, to listen in as their intimacy and understanding of each other deepens. Moreover, while many stories on Lit are dense with the gratuitous use of profanity from the lips of characters from whom it seems completely out left field. In this case, however, her use of “fuck” and his reaction to it was a clever way to amplify their generational differences as well as his sense of humor. Congratulations on work extraordinarily well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nice work. Nice story telling.

I agree, this is romance,not N/C. But that line can be fuzzy when men & women want to resist the pull of genuine attraction. You have a gift that keeps the old story fresh. If readers crave the pull-off-our-clothes-and-fuck type, they, too, are in stong supply. I will look forward to seeing your next effort. Have you considered tackling the political division? bluejacket01@yahoo.com.

MissedLifeMissedLifealmost 6 years ago
Fantastic story

Love this story. You did an excellent job expressing Rob and Shannon's thoughts. I was left wanting to read more about their story and yet I was satisfied enough with the way it ended if there is never more.

Steve150177Steve150177over 5 years ago
5 stars, great

Just one nit.

He saw her naked on the island,

so he didn't need to just imagine

how her tits looked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love it!

What a great story. Very sexy, love it. Older guys are soooooo sexy

knuts1knuts1about 4 years ago

Please write the next one!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great work

Please keep up the excellent writing

NightthawkNightthawkover 3 years ago

I did not read any of the comments here because I really don't care about them, but I imagine there were those found it boorish, without enough sex. Personally, I found the character and story development perfect and amazingly erotic. I do believe, however, considering all the time spent elsewhere, the actual sex scene was rushed. Please extend the care and treatment you gave the rest of the story to the sex scenes as well.

As a 62 year old reader, I have been in Ron's shoes and your writing suggests that you have also. I found it accurate and fascinating! As soneone who has just discovered your stories (thanks to "A Slave in Imperial Rome, Pt 1), I am excited to read the rest of your works in order as writen!

You are a talented writer, my friend.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 3 years ago

Chapter Two, Please?

It’s difficult to believe this was actually your first submission so many years ago. I love it as much now upon rereading as I did initially. Still a five star review from me. (I do agree it would probably find a more appreciative readership in Romance or Erotic Coupling, especially for ch. 2, hint, hint!) I totally agree with Shannon, that an experienced older man is far superior to a young pup who has yet to be housebroken. Rob sounds so delicious, I would love to read more about their relationship moving forward. Pretty please?

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

5 stars for a fantastic first story!

scargazerscargazerover 2 years ago

Definitely deserves a sequel please.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Excellent. Think it's more romance than nc/r but it is where you put it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! I identify with your character, Rob, completely. Having the beautiful girl chase the guy is a fantasy of mine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Excellent story that cought my mind. More please.

Horseman68Horseman68about 1 year ago

Another great story created with absorbing characters. They must be continued. Bravos once more.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story but you obviously forgot of the deserted island when you were penning the second last page.

TennTed22TennTed229 months ago

This is a great, romantic story. Well done! You are very good writer. O love how you create the scene(environment) and how you build the emotions and then the passion! Excellent work!

Thank you for your time and contribution

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercerrotorre@cerrotorre
Dear readers, Part 8 and the final chapter of A Summer of Submission has been submitted for review. In it, Julie's friend comes for a visit and arrives earlier than expected. A big surprise awaited. I hope you enjoy it. From some of the comments I gather this story is no...