The Ride that Changed Their Lives

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Stelmaw
Stelmaw
80 Followers

He staggered through the bedroom, where Paula sat on her side of their bed, ignoring him, and went to the bathroom. He hadn't realized how badly he needed to go, and when he finished, he kicked off his shoes, emptied his pockets on the nightstand and crawled under the covers.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like," Nate said grumpily, voice muffled against his pillow. He heard her stalk around the bed and stand at his hip.

"Nate," she scolded, her voice dripping with acid. "I knew this would happen. Well it's your own fault."

"Paula," Nate said, turning to face her with one eye open, and sighed heavily.

"What? Are you tired? Awww. Poor Nate."

"Keys are right there, just drive yourself," Nate said, rolling away from her.

"You know good damned well I don't drive, and don't turn your back on me!" She was almost shouting now.

"You don't like to drive. That's not the same thing," Nate said without turning.

"Get UP, Nate," she said. She poked his back, then again, harder, when he pulled the covers up. She slapped his shoulder, growling, and that was it.

Nate jolted out of bed and Paula staggered backwards, almost falling. Nate was barely six feet tall but he was strong and she knew it. Perhaps it was something in his eyes, or his stance, but she immediately began pouting. Nate's eyes narrowed and then he smiled. "Okay. Let's get this over with."

Paula eyed him warily and her pout disappeared when she decided she'd won. Nate scooped up his keys, wallet and cell, and somehow found the energy to walk quickly. Eyes still narrowed, Paula followed him to the driveway.

Ten minutes later she slammed the passenger door and left without looking back. She'd be expecting him to park and wait for her even though it would be at least an hour before she was done, maybe even two. Nate drove home and started collecting his things. The apartment's lease was in both of their names but he didn't care. He loaded up the Audi with clothes, books, his computer and everything he could carry that he really cared about.

Paula's cat, Bubbles, watched him carefully from the couch as he toted armload after armload out to the driveway. The cranky, overfed old Persian seemed glad to see him go and wasn't surprised to find her putting up one more effort to trip him one more time. He stomped toward her and she waited, tail swishing, until he was only a step from her before she moved. She wouldn't be tripping him again, not ever.

Six months after Nate and Paula moved in together, his own cat died. He'd had Lucy since he was in Junior High and although she'd probably just passed away from old age, he'd always resented how Paula had seemed almost happy about it... and Bubbles, surprise surprise, had hated Lucy. Had Paula? Probably. All those signs along the way. He should've... bah, regrets. Too tired for regrets, he thought.

Amelia texted him that Trudy was going to be okay and that she'd make a very good impression at work, thanks to him. Her shift would be ending around six and he told her he'd pick her up so she didn't have to call a taxi.

He felt like a kid again, finally out of school for the summer. He sang along with the Audi's stereo as he drove away from what was now Paula's apartment and no longer his home.

He called a taxi, gave them the address of the hair salon, and paid a flat twenty dollars over the phone with his credit card. It was twice as much as it would cost, but it was well worth it. There were other ways she could hurt him, and undoubtedly would, but he was confident he'd effectively beat her to the punch.

Nate called the landlady, who liked Paula even less than he did, and told her he was moving out but assured her that he'd still be paying his half of the rent. She didn't seem surprised and promised he'd get a good recommendation from her for wherever he was going.

He was at the bank taking out his half of the balance in their savings account when Paula texted, wanting to know where the hell he was. It had only taken her an hour and forty five minutes, but it was enough. He texted back that he'd called her a taxi because he couldn't drive her home. She didn't respond.

He finished up his business at the bank, not bothering to open a new account yet, and headed for Amelia's apartment. It was really nice, roomy and comfortable, but she hadn't gotten around to arranging the furniture yet. He put her luggage on the bed and programmed her coffeemaker to have a pot ready when she got home.

He made room in the front seat of his car, then drove to the hospital's parking lot, locked himself in, and waited. Five minutes later his phone rang. And rang. And rang. He didn't answer. Soon, text after text were dinging sharply like a pissed-off hornet. Without reading any of them, texted two words. "Goodbye, Paula."

He texted Amelia, told her where he was and that he'd be turning off his phone. He got as comfortable as he could, relieved and reassured that he'd finally been able to do what he should've done long before. He drifted off almost immediately, Amelia's kiss playing over and over in his mind.

Nate slept right through, so he was groggy but rested when she tapped on the passenger window, but since he'd locked the doors and turned off his phone, she had no choice. He couldn't see her face until she climbed in, but when he finally did, his heart sank. She closed the door and clasped her hands tightly between her knees, not looking at him.

"Hey," Nate said, the last of his grogginess rapidly being replaced with anxiety. Amelia didn't respond. "What is it? Has Paula been-"

"What did you say to her?" Amelia interrupted, finally meeting his gaze. She was on the verge of crying and, even more worrying, she was scared.

"I texted her 'good bye' and turned off my phone. That's it," Nate said.

"I don't understand," Amelia moaned. "Paula called me a spoiled, selfish whore and all sorts of other nasty things. She thinks you've been cheating on her... with me."

"Whoa, whoa," Nate said, digging out his phone. He turned it on and handed it to her. "I haven't even read what she said, but see for yourself."

Amelia started crying and although she took Nate's phone, she didn't look at it. "I shouldn't have... fuck I'm stupid."

Nate rubbed her back and she shrugged his hand off as if his touch hurt. "What do you mean?"

"You didn't say anything?" She said, eyes begging him for some way out of this mess. "Nothing at all?"

Nate shook his head. "Not a word. See for yourself. I dropped her off at her fucking hair appointment and didn't even tell her I was leaving. I left your things in your apartment and I've been here asleep ever since." He cocked a thumb at the back seat, which was completely full, and pointed at his phone. "Please, Ames. Read it. I haven't even looked yet."

"Wait," Amelia said, wiping her cheeks. "Wait a second. Did you say hair appointment?"

Nate nodded. "That's why she told you I wouldn't be able to pick you up until today instead of last night. She was getting her hair done."

Amelia's mind was clearly blown. Nate didn't know what was going on, but it was obvious Paula had been lying through her teeth. Amelia started scrolling through his texts, reading quickly, and her head was shaking like a metronome.

"That bitch," she muttered in shock.

"What? What did she say?"

Amelia didn't answer, she just handed Nate her phone. He sighed, and then started reading.

Fifteen minutes later, Nate pulled up to Amelia's apartment. Paula was sitting on the steps. Nate hadn't planned on staying but he couldn't leave Amelia to deal with his mess.

She was smirking. "I knew it."

Nate said, "Knew what?"

"You're fucking my sister. Why else would you run off in the middle of the night to be with her?" She leaned forward and inhaled sharply, nostrils flaring.

Before Nate could say a word, Amelia said, "Shut your mouth you stupid, hypocritical whore."

Paula's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Why you fucking-"

"Do you want to tell Nate, or should I?"

"What are you..." Paula said, shaking her head slightly as if to warn Amelia, but her eyes shot to Nate fearfully.

His face darkened and his lip curled. "Not another word," Nate spat. "You wouldn't let me just leave you in peace, would you?"

"Now wait a-" Paula started, off-balance but still dangerous. People were passing behind them on the sidewalk now and a couple of them were rubbernecking. Well, let them look, Nate thought.

"I said shut it," Nate growled, taking a step closer to Paula, who shrank back and flinched. "I helped your sister because she needed help and you don't give a damn about anyone but yourself. Not that I owe you an explanation. I've spent my life giving you whatever you wanted and I don't owe you a fucking thing. You're not going to start trouble, Paula, unless you want to explain in detail just what Amelia meant about you being a hypocrite. Out here, on the street, where everyone can hear. So count yourself lucky you're getting off this easy." He took Amelia's elbow and walked past his former fiancée as if she were a stranger.

Nate opened Amelia's door for her, handed her back her keys, and hugged her. Paula stood fuming at the bottom of the steps, not quite daring to test her luck. Nate had never spoken to her like that before and whatever Amelia knew must be pretty bad, because Paula finally did turn and leave. It wouldn't be the last he heard of her but it was a start.

Amelia let Nate hug her, and returned it gratefully. "Thank you," she said against his chest.

"I'm going to order some dinner for you," Nate said, setting his chin on top of her head. "My treat. You've saved the world enough for one day, Supernurse."

She laughed and shook her head, looking up at him. "Nuh uh. You're not escaping that easily." She took his hand and pulled him inside. "Come on, we're celebrating."

A little over an hour, one extra large sausage pizza, one pot of coffee and two long, hot showers later, Amelia and Nate slumped against each other on the couch. He felt her fingers slide under his elbow and curl around his forearm and he patted them, then kissed the top of her head. She scratched his forearm with her fingernails slowly and gently. They were watching a horror movie he'd never seen, Oculus, and it was pretty good so far.

They hadn't talked about Paula at all. Nate didn't want to know. Maybe she'd cheated on him, or stolen, or even something worse, but it didn't matter. He'd finally been able to move on without feeling like a failure and he'd never been happier.

"Nate?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you going to do now?" She was still trailing her nails against his arm, from his elbow to his palm, and it felt amazing to be touched so tenderly, especially by her.

He'd been trying not to think about the future but not doing too well at it. "I don't know. I don't have to turn in that story for editing until Tuesday. Beyond that, I have no idea, kiddo."

"Don't call me kiddo," she said, pinching the inside of his elbow with her nails but not hard enough to hurt. "I'm three weeks older than you."

"Yeah, yeah," he said.

"Seriously though. Come on," she paused the movie, stood, pulling him by the hand as if she could lift him off the couch by brute force.

"But I don't wanna," he whined comically. "Too comfy."

"Get... up!" She said, tugging harder, and he finally did. She grabbed his keys off the coffee table, not letting go of his hand, and stepped into a pair of slippers by the front door.

"Where are we going?"

"Shush," she said, and pulled him out to his car. She unlocked it and leaned inside. "You're going to stay at least for tonight and you can't leave this stuff out here on the street."

He didn't argue. It only took them three trips each to empty the Audi and he locked it behind them.

"Are you working tomorrow?" He asked once they were back on the couch.

"Nope," she unpaused the movie and snuggled against his side.

He looked down, admiring her. He could almost make out the creamy skin on her thighs through the black yoga pants, and could definitely make out the small, hard points of her nipples against her t-shirt. She flexed her toes, stretched her feet and he closed his eyes, cheek against the top of her head, her still-damp hair softer than any pillow.

"If you're going to fall asleep on me, at least let me get comfortable too," Amelia said, tapping Nate's thigh.

"Hmm? Oh, right," he said, and yes, he'd been nearly asleep.

She unclasped her bra and pulled it out through her sleeve, then set it on the coffee table in front of them. She picked up one of the couch pillows and sat against the armrest, tucking her feet under her in the corner. She put the pillow on her lap and patted it. He complied gratefully, laying down facing the television and his feet hanging over the other end of the couch.

"MUCH better," she said, petting his hair. He kept it short, he always had. There was barely enough for her to curl around her fingers but she tried anyway, tugging on it and stroking his ear.

"No way I'm sleeping any time soon if you keep that up." He couldn't take his eyes off the bra, which was a dark green with little yellow flowers.

"Sorry, sorry," she whispered, and rubbed his back. "Better?"

"No," he sighed.

"What's wrong?"

Nate sat up and squeezed her hand briefly. "I can't handle um... you touching me like that... not right now."

"I don't get it," she said, hugging her knees. How someone that strong could be so sensitive blew his mind.

He chewed on his bottom lip, mulling over how to make it through the rest of this long weird day. "I owe you big-time for letting me stay here tonight, so I think maybe it'd be best if I just crashed for the night."

"All right," she said, clearly confused and disappointed, but most of all, dead tired. "Can I at least have a kiss good night?" She raised her eyebrows hopefully. She tucked her hair behind her ear and he couldn't take his eyes off her lips.

"Maybe you'd better do it," he said. "I'm kinda confused and freaked out and-"

But she didn't let him finish, and her lips were moist and delicious, just as he knew they would be. There was so much electricity in that first moment that he felt his whole body clench up as if he were having a seizure. He pulled back after only a couple of seconds, when he felt her hands moving up to his cheeks, his ears.

"Sorry," she said and backed away.

"Oh hell," he said, and fell on her, pinning her against the couch. Even though he knew what he wanted, and what he thought she wanted, it had been too long since they'd been more than in-laws. Casual kisses on the cheek, side-hugs good-bye, and friendly smiles over too soon. What he felt now was a roaring fire in his gut, stoked by gremlins determined to melt his brain and turn him into a caveman.

But was it really what she wanted? He pulled back even though her arms were around his neck and back, and she was giving as much as she was getting. Her tongue darted across his lips and between them, and he hoped she really was as reluctant as he felt to pull away from her.

"Nate," she said, holding his face firmly in her palms. "I know, honey. Better than you might think. You're so used to trying to figure out what someone else wants that you've lost track of what YOU want, and you don't think anybody cares. But I do care. I want you to be happy, you dummy, don't you know that by now?"

He could only nod, grateful beyond words.

"Just tell me what you want and it's yours." She ran her thumb across his lips and smiled reassuringly. "I promise. No tricks, no manipulation. It's me, remember? What do you want?"

"You just gave it to me," he said slowly. "That's all I've ever wanted."

"Well then," she said, patting his cheeks and grinning from ear to ear. "Here's how it's going to be, Nate. You're going to stay here with me, and let me love you and take care of you, and you don't have to do a damn thing except be yourself."

"Love... me?" He said dumbly. "Do you?"

She kissed him sweetly, and that first kiss from their childhood flooded his mind as if he'd traveled back in time. She nodded slightly, still kissing him, and what started out as the kind of kiss one awkward but sincere thirteen-year-old gives another became total submission to their longing for each other.

He vaguely felt her fingernails against his bare back, under his shirt, and his own hands were working their way down the back of her yoga pants, where he found warm, willing flesh. She cried out as he squeezed, and her nails dug into his back as deep and hard as he wanted to plunge himself between her thighs.

"Do you?" He repeated, his lips brushing her ear as he bit it, and she nodded fervently, shuddering as he squeezed her ass over and over, his long fingers burrowing deeper and deeper around and beneath her ass.

They were tangled up together so much that it took a moment to realize that she'd freed his cock from his jeans and was pushing down on the waistband of his boxers. He'd removed her shirt... or had she? His teeth were sucking bared around her nipple and he sucked it into his mouth, the soft, delicate skin soon as hot and wet as what he'd discovered with his fingertips.

And still they explored and gave to each other, more than seemed possible. Nate brought his hands around her hips and down, helping her kick off her yoga pants, and then his cock was sliding up, tight and hard where they both wanted it to be.

He pulled back from her suddenly, realizing how close they were to making love. He looked down, saw that the swollen, reddish-purple tip was already parting her lips, and he looked up into her eyes. There was love and kindness there, but also an overwhelming, mindless lust that matched his own.

Still holding her gaze, he smiled and exhaled slowly. He felt her taking him inside her, pulling his hips up and in. The front of his thighs met the insides of hers like two puzzle pieces snapping together.

She was so very, very tight, he never would've made it all the way in on the first try if she hadn't guided him, pulled him into her. They were both completely naked down to their socks, bathed in sweat, and their chests were heaving in unison.

Nate leaned forward as if to hug her and bit down gently where her neck met her shoulder. She moaned and that hot, delicious grip below tightened somehow. He bit down harder and she moaned louder, digging into his back. He kissed up to her earlobe, which he bit even harder than her neck. She whimpered, grinding against him but not giving up an inch of his length.

Nate leaned back, pulling her with him until they were sitting upright. She straightened up and widened her hips for him and it was his turn to cry out helplessly as she sank down even further over him. His cock felt like it was made of iron. She lifted herself up carefully, surrendering inch after inch, and the cool air against all that wet skin was shocking, but only for a moment. She took all of his length inside her in a heartbeat.

He lay his head back against the couch and groaned helplessly. Amelia forced his head back up, holding it upright, his whole body flinching every time she tightened on him below. Their eyes met and something came over him that he'd never felt before. With a snarl he reached up behind her, his powerful hands twisting locks of her hair, and pulled hard enough to hurt her. Her head rolled to the side and she whimpered, begging him for something she couldn't articulate.

One of his hands coasted down under her ass, crushing it with all of his might. He lifted her bodily, then forced her down, and he allowed her head to fall forward across his shoulder, shrouding him in those long, dark chocolate tresses. She folded her arms around his head and cried out again, and together with the hand forcing her ass up and down on his lap, she rode him until she came, screaming into his neck, biting and clawing and begging.

Stelmaw
Stelmaw
80 Followers