All Comments on 'The Rite'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments (Page 2)
miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

The Purge meets Demolition Man. Except instead of government sanctioned murder one night per year it's government sanctioned infidelity twice a year.

Creative.

Still not sure I buy her explanation of the times with Gene that she didn't orgasm from it. Sure seemed like she was into all of it.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

Damn, this was sickening

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yes it was sickening but also provocative and creative. Author put a lot of work into this. So because she screwed Gene four or five times at different Rites and broke the law because she was getting random strange, that is so ehow a divorceable offense. She clearly didn't give a shit about Gene. Her illusions got burst years ago and she loaded over him the better sex she got from her husband. Yeah she liked the forceful, but it was a power play over Gene. Legally she had to screw someone outside the marriage twice a year, usually more than once during those days. She was actually quite restrained choosing to be with Gene. He thought ahe had some deep love for Gene. That was completely wrong. Gene is a waste of human flesh. He is dominated by his Amazon wife. So he likes to be dominant with Delphine twice a year. How was her offense so great? This society has some messed up morals. She twisted things to have her power play and some revenge. She got caught and hubby assumed the worse. He was wrong. What he was right about is that he cannot handle the purge, err rite. He loves his wife too much for that. When it came down to it strange cock is worse than repeats with a loser like Gene who is zero threat to their marriage. He ran, but she tracked him down and left with him for more rational Canada. That proves amongst other things her love, including her willingness to go to prison. Lot of haters on here assuming the worst. Use your imagination about a screwed up future society and don't jsut assume the worst. Thought was one of the author's better stories. There was no cheating. By definition. But she broke the law, given the history but not for the reason hubby thought. They made it work. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If the mc was rich as said by the author why didn't he just moved away to Canada as their was no rite there in the first place? But then their will be no story eh. But another interesting story

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Gene's wife had a great point. The reason why they weren't supposed to do repeats was to avoid any sort of relationship, but it was obvious that Delphine had absolutely zero feelings for Gene so we're talking about a debate here between the intent and the letter of the law. Tyler's real problem wasn't actually what Delphine did - it was that he hated the entire idea and to him, rejecting Delphine at the time felt like his way to stick his thumb in the eye of a system that was forcing him to go along with something he hated. When I read about Canada and realized they were just across the river in Detroit, I was 99.99% certain I knew how this story was going to have a happy ending and I wasn't disappointed. I think it was obvious that Delphine was madly in love with her husband and there could only really be one of two endings for her - she'd choose jail before stigmatizing Tyler and their daughter with a divorce. Oddly enough, despite what she did, she was an extremely loyal woman. This is really one of StangStar's better pieces because of how it deconstructs the concept of fidelity and allows us to see it in another light that makes sense. Total 5/5 for me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't understand how so many people didn't realize you were just using the shelter girl at the end to try and throw people off the RAAC for shits and giggles. That said, since it was just for shits and giggles and did nothing for the story, it's pretty annoying...and not because a RAAC followed. Overall, this is probably my favorite that I've read of yours so far. I could do without the mustang stuff in any of your stories. I know that's your calling card and all that...but this one was too much and had me scrolling past. Anyway, 4/5

bacchant2bacchant215 days ago

Any guy who crows over driving a ford needs to seriously think about himself. Low expections, poor decision making, bad taste.. man your characters have issues, no wonder they are all married to sluts.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous