All Comments on 'The Ritual'

by The_Technician

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

NOT ROMANCE

fanfarefanfarealmost 8 years ago
defining the concept

I have to disagree with anonymous about whether or not this story should be listed in the Romance category. Yes, from the narrow POV of pornography this story would not qua;ify as erotica.

However, from the perspective that "Romance" is more than sex, The_Tech has written a "Romance" of the mystery and majesty of religious rituals. That there can be more meaning than a simplistic "/Now insert tab P into slot Y, repeat repetitiously."

There can be no event more important to the farmer than fertility.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not romance

Wrong category

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pure Romance

What could be more genuinely romantic than this excellent story?

Thank you for the scientific explanation but the romance transcends the explanation!

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Fascinating.

Very interesting story, and thank you for the facts on the crop rituals.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is writing well done!

I just really loved this Technician.

In fact I read and write a lot of erotic fiction and I came back to grab this story, honestly and save it as I have read it several times and will read it several time more, certainly.

I love ritual sacrifice and this indeed is one in a very pure and ancient and likely more realistic sense than something that ends with the plunge of a knife and a beating heart sizzling in some brazier. This sort of thing was very likely practiced in MANY places all over the world before we had an understanding of science and led to fertility of fields, which would have been a live or die proposition a few hundred years ago.

As to whether it is romance or erotica which everyone here seems to be concerned about, is possibly more opinion than hard fast science.

As I stated I love ritual sacrifice and for those that do this was also highly erotic, at least is was for me!

As a writer I have appreciation for the deep emotional currents you managed to achieve and build throughout your story, which is why I will come back and read it again and again. It is certainly a place where I can have serious respect for the story and author and easily say that I hope my own stories create these profound emotions.

Very well done.

Thank you for both the entertainment and the inspiration!

Very well done indeed!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe_Technician@The_Technician
I was born in the Midwest, but have traveled extensively throughout the United States and Canada. Currently I am full-time camping throughout the United States and Canada and spending my time writing for both fun and profit. Books with longer stories such as the kind posted on...