The Road to EGOT Season 03 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Unfortunately. I would love another session like that one."

"Did it live up to all you had heard?" I asked with a grin.

"Surpassed my wildest expectations, I must admit." She replied kissing me on the lips. "Next time I'm in town?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Most definitely." I answered as I pulled her in closer to me and kissed her.

*************************************************************************************

I left Sophie's hotel after we had taken a shower together. The night had gone better than I had ever hoped. I was tired. Today had been a long day but it wasn't over yet. I drove back to the office. I took the elevator up and quickly walked to the conference room once I had reached the top floor.

"Stop cheating Marty." I heard Kara say before I walked in.

"How the hell am I cheating?" Marty asked with a look of complete disbelief. It was the first thing I saw as I walked in.

"Duncan, about damn time you got here. Kara over here accusing me of cheating." He said as I took my usual seat.

"Again?" I asked looking at him.

"I don't know why everyone is always pointing a finger at me." Marty said holding his hands up.

"Probably because of all the times we've caught you cheating." Brad spoke up.

"That was once!" Marty exclaimed.

"More like 6." Mark corrected.

"7!" Kara added. "Including tonight."

"Doesn't count until you've proved it!" Marty said matter of fact.

"Can you stop arguing and deal me in." I begged as I removed money from my pocket, and got

ready to join our weekly poker game.

"How was the party?" Connor asked me as he handed me chips.

"It was good. A lot of fun. I went with Sophie." I finished as I waited for my cards.

"OHHHHHHH!!" The guys shouted

"What? What? What?" I asked over the shouts.

"Don't act fucking innocent! Kara and I saw the looks in the meeting. Right Kara?" Marty said

"Oh yeah, she definitely wanted some." Kara agreed with Marty.

"Guys she just wanted to meet Ariana. She's a big fan and a new client." I defended myself.

The barbs came fast and quick when a knock came at the door. We looked up and Ryan Reynolds and his wife Blake Lively were there.

"Hey guys. I hope we're not interrupting." Ryan said.

"Oh not at all. You okay?" I asked him as I stood up.

"Yeah I was wondering if we could talk a minute."

"Of course." I walked to the door, still a little surprised. "Blake play for me." I told Ryan's wife without a second thought.

"Sure!" She answered brightly. She took my seat and waited to be dealt cards.

"Honey, try not to take all their money. These are nice people." Ryan said to his wife as I led him towards my office.

"No promises babe." We heard her yell.

"What's going on Ryan?" I asked him as we sat down on the couch in my office.

"I wanted to apologize for today. My behavior was uncalled for." He said seeming genuine.

"That's fine. May I ask why you reacted that way?"

"Well, I've been in this town forever. Over 20 years I've been trying to get a hit. Deadpool was it. When you asked me what I wanted to do next it scared me. What if the next movie I make doesn't hit? What if I never have another chance? I don't want to go back."

"I can understand that. I don't want you to either. Ryan you're talented. You can do a lot. I believe in you. You've had a rough time getting here, now we can use this as a launching pad to get higher. Why can't you be like the Clooneys, Pitts and Dicaprios? Be considered for Oscar nominations and one of the strongest and best actors out there."

"You really think that I can get there?" He asked almost surprised.

"Someone told me today, sometimes you need someone to believe in you, before you can believe in yourself. Ryan, I believe in you. I promise you, you sign with us, I will fight to get you the career that I know you can have. Just take the leap with me." I let that sink in.

"Let's do it." He said shaking my hand.

"Good!" I said standing and clapping my hands. I ran to my desk and picked up the scripts I had been working on today. "Take these and get to reading. These are just suggestions. But I really think if you take one, it'll be your next hit."

"Already hard at work for me huh?" Ryan said more than a little surprised.

"Only way I know how to work." He took the scripts from me and we walked back to the conference room. We saw Blake raking in all of the money from the table. She clearly had just won a huge hand.

"Honey, I told you to go easy on them." Ryan said.

"I know, but I just had a great hand."

"Hey, how come no one calls her a cheater?" Marty asked incredulously.

"I don't need to cheat to beat you Marty." Blake threw back at him causing us all to laugh. "You ready babe?"

"Yeah let's head out. Duncan, thank you. I'll call you in a couple of days." Ryan said.

"You do that. You still got some contracts to sign."

"You got it. Goodnight everyone." With that Ryan and Blake left together.

"You got him?" Kara asked me once I sat down.

"I keep telling you! I got game!" We laughed and continued to enjoy the game. We were interrupted once more by another knock at the door.

"Hey." Armie Hammer said as he stood at the door of our conference room. We all said hi to him as we watched Kara stand up. She walked over to him and they hugged, letting us know very quickly the nature of their relationship was more than professional. The look on Marty's face could not be mistaken.

"Goodnight boys." Kara said as Armie led her to the elevator.

"Wow, I did not see that coming." Brad said once they were out of earshot. Mark and I shared a look as we looked at Marty. He was crestfallen.

"Neither did I." Marty said.

"I have to get back to the girls." Brad said getting ready to leave.

"Yeah we should call it a night." Mark said following his lead.

"You alright, Marty?" I asked him as we headed out the conference room.

"Of course." He said obviously putting on a façade. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." I told him as I watched him head for the elevator.

*************************************************************************************************

I parked my car in the garage and headed straight to my bedroom. I got ready for bed and lay down. I reached for my phone and dialed Taylor's number.

"Hey." She said picking up after the first ring.

"How are you?" I asked her feeling calm as her voice invaded my ear.

"I'm good. Just a photo shoot and some other engagements. And you?"

I told Taylor about my day. It had become a daily routine. I liked her being the last voice I heard before bed.

"So you signed Ryan Reynolds and Sophie Turner in the same day? That's so great Duncan." Taylor said excitedly.

"It really is. When are you coming to L.A?" I asked her.

"Not anytime soon dear. You should come visit me here when you have a break."

"I haven't been in New York, since I got fired from Eye Candy."

"You need to replace that with some good memories. You ready for your trip?" Taylor asked me. I gulped. It was my mother's birthday. I was going to fly to see her and dad in Virginia.

"Well we'll see." I looked at the clock and realized how late it was. "I should get some sleep."

"Yeah it is late on your end."

"Goodnight Tay. "

"Night."

We hung up and I sighed deeply. I got out of bed and walked downstairs to my office. I launched my computer and opened up the file. The same file that I had opened every day without change or progress. On the screen there were only two words present: CHAPTER ONE.