All Comments on 'The Roommate Experience Pt. 01'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
KnightofoilKnightofoilalmost 6 years ago
Waited for more of your writing

I like it and have some ideas, so will look for more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good story

Very realistic and interesting. Good characters and descriptions.

DrizdartDrizdartalmost 6 years ago
Nice beginning ... I'll look forward to more.

Characters set up a nice situation -- I'll be interested to see how you develop and then push the characters along.

For what it is worth, I dated a nice young lady -- one my first "serious" girlfriends -- who wasn't (and isn't) smart. That pushes some of my interest -- but I have to say, she's still one of the nicer and more responsible people I know.

lastman416lastman416almost 6 years ago
Hooray, you’re back!

I like that this is a different tack then you’ve used before, but at the same time, there’s a lot of things that are very familiar. Sam reminds me of that shy girl from “In A Class of His Own,” but more fleshed out. Tanya reminds me of Sarah from the same story, so I’m curious if you’re going in a similar direction.

Again, really glad that you’re back, and I look forward to more.

The_Comte_dAmourThe_Comte_dAmouralmost 6 years ago
Long time listener, first time caller

Good to see a new series coming from you... I've been reading your works since nearly the beginning, and as we are of roughly the same age and share many of the same characters, reading your stories set in the real world are extremely easy for me to relate to.

I do agree with the criticism that you've developed something of a formula to your stories, so the outcomes are easy the predict and there is a distinct similarity to your characters, but I don't mind -- as I stated, I relate to your protagonists, like your writing style, and dig the formula.

Tl;dnr version: Yay! New AspernEssling story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Don’t listen to idiots...

The moron below wants you to provide him a ‘Palestinian victim‘ because in his anti-Semitic, intersectional, leftist world view erotic fiction has to be politically correct. I say write it the way you want it and disregard shitheads.

I have enjoyed every one of your stories!

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingover 5 years agoAuthor
Sigh ...

The passage which the last two commenters are referring to wasn't meant to be anything except anti-discrimination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Politics

Why did this political garbage show up in the comments section? Couldn't you just keep it to yourself? It has nothing to do with the story. I liked how that small mention of 'politics' developed the characters of the story.

On the other hand... now that it started...

Jewish people were are discriminated against, and it used to be much worse. Palestinians really are getting wiped out by Israel. Those two facts are not mutually exclusive. Just because Israel does horrible things does not mean racism against Jewish people is ok. Just because there's racism against Jewish people, doesn't make Israel innocent. In the particular setting of this story, racism against Jewish people fit. Don't pretend it meant anything more, and learn to accept that in real life a story can have multiple bad guys, please.

AkilaraAkilaraover 4 years ago

Found you today.

My first part of your stories.

Sooo good. Really. Luv story and characters and writing.

Greetings from Germany.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good premise

But the sex, generally, was simply stated as happening. No details. Needs details. To say he went down on her and ate her pussy for a long time isn't erotic. How did he do it? Where did he start? Then what did he do? How did she react? Then what did he do? How did she react? What did she say? Didn't she like certain things better than others? How did she tell him? When she told him, what did he do?

To say they got into a make-out session isn't erotic. Step by step details are needed. Did he touch her boobs/ass over her clothes? Did he reach under her clothes? Did she let him right away, or was she reluctant to go further? Did he touch her boobs through her bra? Did he take it off? Did she take it off? Did she help him take it off? Did she try to cover her boobs when her bra was off? How did he get her to remove her hands so he could see her boobs? Describe how he played with them. Did he kiss them without encouragement or did she urge him to hiss them? Did he lick the nipples? Did he suck the nipples.

Details. Details. Details.

Had real potential, but didn't deliver.

I gave it three stars.

GHreaderGHreaderabout 3 years ago
Good grief Anon

This is an AspernEssling multi-chapter story. Let it develop. If you stop reading before the backstory is in place you will miss the fun of the read.

KJay15KJay15about 3 years ago

I disagree anon

I know this is an exotic site but I find myself just skipping the sex scenes in any case, once you've read enough stories they're all the same

jra13jra13over 1 year ago

I think anon is a lil hung up on himself/herself and their own ideas of exactly what a sex scene should entail. Do we want a cookie cutter scene from every story we read?? NO! The scene should flow with the story, theme. Not be invasive.

This was well done. Only criticism I have is that I was kinda cheering for Tanya.... But I'm not the author. On to the next chapter.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

very good character development and interesting story.

GuyGamerGuyGamerabout 1 year ago

Wow, that scene towards the end with the step-mom pisses me off to no end. I have a tendency to overinvest and put myself in the shoes of the main character both while reading and watching movies, but even so. What a colossal bitch that lady. Were I in Joe's position there I would have been far less tactful. Granted this takes place a fair few years ago as I understand it (early to mid 80s judging by the music I assume?) so there's still that element of respecting your parents mindset being the norm I suppose.

Still - I would have cursed up a storm making her fear for her life looking at the murder in my eyes probably. Hate people being treated poorly for no reason. Sam didn't deserve that and Joe didn't either.

I'm just going to proceed to read the next part of this series now before I pop a blood-vessel haha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I got here because of your "It's complicated" story. I'm now reading some of your older work. I really like your style. Great work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4334 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES