The Rose Diaries Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mrs. Tyson gave him a small satisfied laugh while she led him back the way they came. She didn't speak a single word to him. Not as they walked down the hallway. Not as they left the lobby. Not until they sat into the backseat of the car.

Then she laughed again, and his heart dropped. For it was, note for note, the same sarcastic laugh that Miss A. was prone to do.

Mrs. Tyson was by no means a young woman. She was by no means strong or fast or even a modicum of physically imposing but she still caught him by complete surprise when her right hand lunged out and grabbed him across the throat and began to squeeze the life slowly out of him.

"You little shit." She spat at him. "I told you repeatedly that I would not discipline you but here we are. What the fuck did you say to those shemale whores?" He wasn't used to her cursing nor used to the harsh tone she took with him. He tried to answer but he only sputtered and struggled for air. She released him with a scowl leaning back in the seat.

"BARTHOLMEW!" She shouted. The car started up immediately and began to pull away. She continued to glare at him.

"I told them that I didn't like Blackstone. I guess they had sympathy for me." He coughed as he rubbed his neck and cleared his throat.

"Is that all?" She narrowed her eyes as she crossed her legs. He nodded as he caught his breath again.

"Yes, Mrs. Tyson."

"Alright." She picked up her book and flipped it open once again. She scanned the lines with her eyes until she found her place before settling into her chair once more. He let out a sorrowful sigh as he glanced out the window and back to the bright lights.

What brought him joy now brought him despair. All those people. All of those celebrating out with family, friends, or loved ones.

He'd never experience that as long as he remained here. He shook slightly as he whimpered in his seat. He became misty eyed once more. He blinked back tears as he tried his hardest to not cry in front of her but she just shook her head with a small laugh.

"Again?" She mocked him. Her eyes drifted from her book and to him. "So emotional."

He didn't rise to her barb but instead chose to recline fully in the seat breathing in the air deeply as he steadied his unsure heart.

"Where are we going now?" He spoke once his emotions were back in check. The pain in chest was gone leaving only a faint memory of his despair.

"Home." She answered back, turning the page without even meeting his eyes. He pondered her words for a moment. His? Hers? Or back to Blackstone? He opened his mouth to ask another question but found no sense in asking someone as obstinate as Mrs. Tyson.

So instead, Peter Baker chose to fall asleep next the woman who just tried to strangle him. Again.

---

When he opened his eyes once it was dark. He felt better. Or as good as he could feel while held hostage by that dinosaur of a woman.

He yawned and stretched in his chair letting out a small soft groan of satisfaction. Mrs. Tyson, as usual, ignored his noise in favor of her book.

"Morning." He offered her with another yawn. As he stretched out his fingers he heard a few of his knuckles crack. The sharp sound caused Mrs. Tyson to recoil in disgust.

"Don't do that." She barked. "That is absolutely disgusting."

"You've never cracked your knuckles before?" He laughed to himself despite her sudden anger.

"No, and now no longer will you." She narrowed her eyes. He shrugged as he leaned back in the chair.

"Are we there yet?" He groaned.

"Actually, yes." She smiled. He cocked an eyebrow as he glanced out of the window. There was just an ordinary stretch of highway. The sun slowly starting to set, and a hue of pinks and reds swept through the sky.

"Oh sorry. Now, we're here." He heard her say. He watched as the highway give way to street. As the unfamiliar fell to something he intimately remembered. His eyes widened until he felt his heart drop.

On a green sign in raised golden font by the beginning of the town square read,

"Welcome to Crestwood".

Then as if to make matters worse, standing on the steps of town hall, was a tall blonde man with wide shoulders and glittering blue eyes in an impeccable suit with a blue tie. He was surrounded by reporters and journalists alike while people huddled close all holding signs and mottos.

Peter Baker looked at his older brother in the distance then slowly back to Mrs. Tyson.

"Look at that handsome man." She smirked. "Would you like to meet him?"

He didn't know to answer her cruel comment. Rage and excitement clouded his mind and soul.

Thousands of words, curses, and cheers stampeded through his consciousness all at once.

So instead, he simply screamed.

Author's Note: So, the next part will be shorter. Expect that up much quicker. I also apologize in advance for any mistakes or errors as I typed this entire thing on my touchscreen phone.

NEXT TIME: The Problem Child Pt. 2.