All Comments on 'The Rower'

by wyvernwand

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Give us a break . . .

You wrote, ". . . while I lit up a smoke."

FYI, Crew is one of the most aerobically challenging sports a person can pursue. Rowers don't smoke.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantabout 11 years ago
Two stars (because the one star rating is reserved for the truly bad and/or offensive)

The author uses – relies upon – far too many clichés and finds himself bogged down in the over-reporting of specific details.

Good smut has – is - a story. This piece scarcely qualifies. What is the plot? It is the same old, same old of a beautiful young woman who calls upon an older man to show her what she has been missing.

Minor criticism: “nymphet” is misused. Nabokov coined the term in “Lolita” to describe pre-pubescent girls – and Sandy clearly is NOT pre-pubescent.

“[the boyfriend] said I was just a plaything for any boy that came along; that I was an easy target; that his team had bets on who could 'make' me." and then she began to sob.” It is not at all clear why the boyfriend’s team had formed such an opinion of a virgin who had masturbated but was completely inexperienced in the joys of cunnilingus and fellatio

wyvernwandwyvernwandabout 11 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous

Hope you read the story right way up. I lit up a smoke - I am the old man and not a rower.

wyvernwandwyvernwandabout 11 years agoAuthor
@HHMorant

I notice from your profile you haven't yet plucked up the courage to submit anything.

However if you do happen to be a published literary giant then I apologise if my story or stories aren't what you are looking for. Keep searching - you might get lucky.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous