All Comments on 'The Rules'

by Oldlockguy

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Old Fart . . .

Well, Well, just another Old Fart . . . Can't stop dreamin about young pussy !

But I will say: it was extremely well written.

XXX OOO,

Betty18

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well, this just reinforces...

my opinions of engineers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It seems to me...

that representing yourself as an engineer instead of an english professor may have been another bit of fiction.

Very well written. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Thanks, that was fun!

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Well Crafted

Good one OLG. Gads are engineers that dense? Lol. Well, at least he followed the rules! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You, sir, are good.

Very well written. As was your conclusion to Amy. Interestng characters that can laugh at themselves.

OldlockguyOldlockguyover 12 years agoAuthor
It looks as if I need to apologize to the entire engineering profession,

not just to "Locksmith" University! :-)

I don't know how it is with other authors but for me a story starts with a picture or two. In this case, the memory of a description by a friend of sleeping in one of those Japanese "drawers" came to mind. That created the picture of a clueless man naively choosing to sleep in a drawer rather than with a beautiful woman. What would take a pair of Americans to Japan? The earthquake and tsunami created a scenario. That turned at least one of the characters into an engineer. In short, they are engineers because I wanted a plausible excuse to get the pair to Japan.

It happens that I once heard a story about a friend in another field who, because of the "rules" actually had to inform a committee of his intention to date a particular woman. Put all that together and you get, well, I got, The Rules.

So, to you engineers out there, my apologies. I am sure you are all as good looking as Ted Danson in his prime and as irrestible as, let me think here, Cliff in Cheers.

IoDyneIoDyneover 12 years ago
Wow!

Romance is not my cup of tea but thank you for the fun and engaging story. A younger woman fully has the right to lust over her older and sometimes clueless supervisor. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dumber than a rock

And you wrote him as a college Professor? Very funny stuff. A little obvious but a well written, enjoyable story. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done!

Somewhat predictable, but the lovable characters and excellent writing left me with a big smile on my face. Loved your Amy conclusion, as well.

Thanks!

VisualPerv

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very sad

I am very sad that you seem to have stopped writing, I loved reading your stuff; just sorry there isn't more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice Story

A bit slow to get rolling but it did have a nice follow-through ending.

RandyD1369RandyD1369over 4 years ago
What a WONDERFUL STORY!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for writing this. I actually laughed out loud at several points. The characterizations are very well done and every action flows perfectly from who--and what--these people are. I enjoyed this story very much. Thanks, again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous