The Saga of Bass and Sarah Vol. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,568 Followers

"Oh Bass. I'm so sorry. Please let me..."

"Explain? Explain Sarah? You want to explain? You want to explain to me how you came to be fucking my brother. Fucking my brother on the morning my mom died? Tell me Sarah what possible explanation could you have?"

She kept crying, "Bass I..."

"Back to the stake Sarah. You know what was a favorite thing? They'd get pine needles. They'd dip them in pitch. Then they'd, one by one, punch the pine needles into the captive's body. With a woman it was extra fun. Think about all the pine needles they could punch in those big tits of yours. Then when the captive was fully encrusted with pine needles someone would come up with a torch and set 'her' on fire. Man they said they really burned. They said they burned and burned. It didn't kill them though. They'd douse them with water and start all over again."

She was really bawling, "Bass please I'm so sorry. Can you ever forgive me?'

"Forgive you? Forgive you? Forgive you for what? Fucking my brother. Fucking up his marriage. Oh Sarah you know I'm telling Beatrice. Tell me how I can forgive you for what this will do to our girls. Our girls? Are they even mine?"

She burst into a really heavy bout of boo hooing over that, "Oh you know they are. Bass you know..."

I laughed, "I do? Tell me Sarah. Tell me sugar plum. How many other men have been inside you? I mean other than just me and my good old brother." I lost it. I started pounding the dash board. I took my hands and started hammering with all my might against the passenger side of the dashboard. I know I broke something in my hands, but I bashed the living shit out of that dashboard. I didn't care. I hit it, and hit, and hit it, and hit it. I hit until I was too tired to hit it anymore.

I looked at Sarah, "I wish that was your face."

I was done. I dropped my head in my broken hands and burst into tears. Everything, all of it, it just overwhelmed me. I'd lost my mom, my dad, my brother, and then my wife, my sweetheart, and all in one day, no not one day, one single fucking morning.

What was the use? What difference did it make? I saw we were maybe a mile from home. We were traveling about thirty miles an hour. I unfastened my seatbelt. With luck I could fall from the car, I could be trampled under the wheels; I'd be dead in minutes. I reached for the door handle.

The car slammed to a stop. Sarah must have seen what I was planning. Just as I got the door open she got the car stopped and reached across and with all her might she pulled me back. She was screaming, "No Bass. No honey. No darling. My God no!"

I was no good. I collapsed in her arms. I was crying, and I just couldn't stop. I kept crying, "Why Sarah. Why? Why? How could you?"

She held me. She was crying too.

I finally regained some semblance of self-control. I looked at my hands. They were already swollen; not very bloody though. I sat back up. I sniffed a couple times, "Take us to get the children first. They need to be told. Then I'll figure out what needs to be done next."

Sarah, still weeping, "You'll let me help?"

I replied, "We've got to see to the girls," I guess that satisfied her for the moment. She calmed down.

~~v~~

By the time we got the girls and got them home I'd put together a plan, at least something in embryonic form. We all got in the house. My head was killing me. My hands hurt like hell. I let Sarah bandage them. I'd been taped up and bandaged in front of the girls before, but when Sarah got the girls each a milk and a big slice of cake they must have known something was wrong; cookies maybe, but a hunk of cake as an afternoon snack was to real no no.

We had them seated in the kitchen. I took the reins, "Girls," I said, "we've had a pretty eventful day as a family."

Brother, looking into the eyes of those three innocent little girls was absolutely, utterly, totally terrifying. I said; it was almost a whisper, "You remember how we talked about Jesus?"

They all sat there, wide eyed. Emily nodded.

"Remember how we talked how he died and went to Heaven to be with his father, but that even though he left us all here he still loves us, and stays with us in our hearts."

All three nodded. I could see the look of emergent understanding begin to pass across Emily's face. She knew something was dreadfully wrong.

I went on, "Well we've had some really sad, but wonderful things happen today," a deep breath, "Your grandmom and granddad," I sighed, "they went to Heaven today. They went to be with Jesus."

I saw Emily, 'oh no,' I thought.

Emily looked at me and then Sarah, "You mean like when Toby died and we buried him in the back yard?"

Toby had been that sickly little puppy we'd adopted. He didn't live long, only a few months. I didn't think Elizabeth remembered him. I was pretty sure Emma wouldn't either, but Emily...

I replied, "Yes Emily a lot like Toby. Grandmom had a bad accident in her car this morning, and when Granddad found out he decided he'd go too."

It was Sarah; it was fucking Sarah who had to start crying. Emily looked at me, "Grandmom and granddad both died today."

I nodded, "They went to be with 'Our Lord' in Heaven."

In a frighteningly hushed tone Emily said, "And they're never coming back."

I said, "But they'll always be here," I thumped my chest, "in our hearts."

Elizabeth was only four years old, "I remember Toby. I still miss him. I don't want grandmom and granddad to go away like that."

Sarah left the room. Great! I reached out, "Come here sweetheart," Elizabeth climbed on my lap. Emma followed, and then Emily was there too. I was afraid the chair would break. My head hurt! I just kept hugging them.

Elizabeth had tears in her eyes, but she wasn't crying, "Daddy," she said, "Can't you make them come back?"

I kissed the top of her head, "No honey. Daddy can't fix this," I thought about my broken marriage. I looked at Emily, "We've got to be strong for your mommy. You know how she was with grandmommy."

Emily was being strong, "We will daddy, and don't you cry," Emily's comment made me realize even she hadn't fully comprehended what had happened. Oh this was hard!

I wanted to. God I wanted to, I slowly managed to get up. Keeping Elizabeth in my arms, holding one of Emma's hands in my swollen bandaged hands I looked at Emily, "Let's go in the living room and comfort mommy."

We all walked in the living room. Sarah was sitting in her special seat, a lazy boy. She wasn't crying; she was looking at me, and she was terrified.

I walked the girls in; I carefully lowered Elizabeth on her mother's lap, and handed Emma over. I then put my hand on Emily's shoulder and spoke to Sarah, "I'm going to go see about the arrangements. Then I'll drop back by 'the house'. Why don't you wait a little while and then order some pizza."

Emily understood that, she said, "You go ahead daddy. I'll take care of mommy and my sisters while you're gone."

I kissed her. Then I kissed all the other three. Yes, I kissed Sarah too. I went upstairs, and changed clothes. I thought, 'Jesus, I was downstairs in these bloody clothes!' I got my keys and took off for the funeral home. 'Thank God,' I thought 'mom and dad had already bought a plot, and they'd made most of the arrangements beforehand. This was because no one was sure how much time dad had. Of course, none of us figured we'd lose them both, not like this.'

While I was there I got a call from Vernon. Corinne had called about her car, and Vernon and one of the other guys had taken care of it. Corinne, of course, understood. Thank god for friends like Vernon and Corinne.

No one had told Rath anything, and I honestly wasn't in any hurry. I figured the bastard could wait couple more hours. There was something I had to do.

Mom and dad had talked to me some time ago. They'd both agreed that when the time came I'd be the executor of their estate. My mom and dad had been frugal people; they'd saved all their lives, and they wanted to make sure there was a fair distribution of their wealth. To put it more bluntly; they didn't trust Rath.

I made a bee-line to the hardware store and purchased the necessary locks to cover myself and my family, my family; that was a joke, from Rath's avarice. I got the locks, and made the necessary changes. There were only three doors. No, when I told Rath, he wasn't going to get to pillage our parent's house. I knew there were a few things he was supposed to get. He'd get them, but the rest would be divided evenly.

When I got the locks all changed I sat down in dad's chair and made that call. I got Rath on the second ring, "Rath," I said.

He said, "Oh, it's you. I guess you called so you can rat me out to Beatrice."

I fully intended to tell his wife, just not right then. I was surprised he hadn't heard. I told him, "You haven't heard. Mom and dad are both dead."

He snarled, "Yeah, and fuck you too."

I replied, "No, I mean it. They're both dead."

It got real quiet on the other end, "No shit?"

"No shit."

I think I heard him cry a little. He asked, "How did it happen?"

I told him.

He answered, "OK. Then I guess I don't care what you say to Beatrice."

I answered, "I'll be telling her what she needs to know," My guess was Rath, the cheesy bastard, was already figuring up how much money he'd get from the sale of the house and whatever they had in the bank.

I heard him say, "You know I'm supposed to get dad's shotgun, his sea chest...and his gold watch that had been great granddads."

I told him, "I know. We'll get that stuff tomorrow." He hung up before I could say anything else.

Now it was time for me to go home. I looked at the clock. One day; it had been one damn day.

I sat in my dad's chair and looked at the clock on the wall. I thought, 'Life's not fair. It's just not fair.' I knew I had to make some kind of decision about Sarah, about my dead marriage. My cell phone sang; I opened it up. It was Sarah, "Hello," I said.

She said, "The pizzas are here. The girls are waiting. When will you be home?"

I replied, "I'll be there in a few." I got up, went to the front door of the house where I grew up. I used the front switch and turned out the living room lights. I wondered, 'Home...home.'

This is the end of part three.

~~~v~~~

The Saga of Bass and Sarah Part Four:

We kind of agreed to circle the wagons that first night. I wanted to strangle Sarah. I wanted to tie her to a chair and cut off her body parts and feed them to her piece by piece. I'd start with her toes. I'd cut off and feed her one toe at a time until they were all gone. Then I'd do her fingers; each finger, one joint at a time. I cut off her ears, her nose, then her labia. I conjured up all kinds of ways to make her pay for what she'd done. I kept those thoughts to myself though.

I had three little girls, and they were very important to me. It wasn't that cold out, but I brought in some chunks of firewood and started a fire in the old fireplace. The five of us all sat around it. Sarah, Emily, and I toasted marshmallows and made s'mores for the younger ones. Emma complained that she was old enough to toast too so I wrapped her in my arms and held the fork while she toasted. Emma was special. They were all three special. There'd been another one; she would have been special too. I thought about the one we lost sometimes. I wondered what happened to babies who didn't get to be born. I supposed they were in God's hands.

Sarah got out her copy of the "Children's Bible" and we read Bible stories. Emily wanted to hear her mom read the story of Ruth; I thought that had to have gotten her, the 'whither thou goest' thing sounded hollow coming from Sarah. We sang songs like "Jesus Loves Me", and "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." Around 8:30 Sarah and I took the girls upstairs, we gave them their baths, we said our prayers, we prayed for grandmom and granddad that they'd have a safe trip to Heaven, we kissed them good night, and then Sarah and I went downstairs.

Emily, because she was the oldest had a room of her own, but she insisted we leave her door open, and we kept a small hall light on just in case. I was a paramedic and I'd read where sometimes, rarely really, a kid would get confused in a dark hallway and fall down the stairs. Sarah and I always slept with our door open too, just in case. Emma and Elizabeth still shared a room, but we had an extra for when Elizabeth would be old enough. We still kept side bars on the bed Emma and Elizabeth slept in just in case one rolled too far.

The girls; they all looked alike. They all had the same thick brown hair and green eyes as their mom. They all had that same heart shaped look with pert little noses, and vivid happy smiles. They looked delicate, like little angels.

Sarah has always been so careful with them. Oh sure they were spoiled, but who cared. Sarah had a habit of dressing them all up to look alike; then she'd put on the very same outfit. It's hard to imagine going to church with four girls all decked out in green dresses, white socks, and saddle shoes. Hair all done up the same way with barrettes and ribbons.

They were so beautiful; it was like having three little Sarah's. I was the king of the house! They were mine. They had to be mine. Of course they were mine.

~~v~~

When we got downstairs I took my place in my lazy boy. Sarah came over and knelt at my feet. Any other time this would have been the prelude to a wonderful evening. In fact just twenty-four hours earlier we'd been in bed cuddling and whispering endearments to each other. We'd been quiet and careful not to awaken the girls. Sarah liked to do it side by side sometimes. I'd slide in, and she'd...well; it all seemed so phony now. What a hypocrite she was.

Sarah looked up at me, "Bass can I explain?"

I looked at her. I felt empty, defeated; it was like all the life was drained out of me, "Sarah there's nothing to explain. I saw what I saw. I just want to go to sleep."

My headache didn't seem quite so bad, but I knew the symptoms, and I knew I dare not take anything until I was more certain. I told her, "I'm staying here till a few days after the funeral. I'll sleep down here, but after that I'm moving to mom and dads. I'll come back in the evenings to be with my girls, but I want you to know it's for them, not you. You know I'm the executor mom and dad's estate. Rath won't like it, but I intend to take my time. I have the comp time so I plan on taking a brief leave of absence until my head clears." Of course the 'comp time' thing was a joke. Everybody had 'comp time'. Nobody ever used it. Just the same I knew my supervisor was a decent guy. I liked and admired him. He'd understand.

Sarah was holding my knees, "Bass won't you let me say anything?"

I shrugged, "Sarah the only reason I'm still alive and here right now is because of those little girls upstairs. Beyond them I just don't care. Maybe in a few months I'll feel differently, but don't count on it."

"Bass," she murmured, I could tell she was on the verge of more tears, "I need you. I love you. It was...a...oh Bass..."

I interrupted her, "Sarah go upstairs and go to bed."

She squeezed my legs very tightly. I hated her. I hated what she'd done. The pain and the anger were fire new, but even so, in spite of my anger I wanted so much to hold her, to comfort her. She'd loved my mom and dad. I knew she was sad. I knew she was suffering. It wasn't enough. She held on for a while, but then she got up, she looked at me and held out her hand, "Please come to bed with me?"

I grimaced, "Not a chance, not a chance in hell."

She reiterated, "Please?"

I took a deep breath, "What? Rath wasn't enough for you today?"

She sobbed once and ran upstairs.

~~v~~

The Day After:

I got up my usual time. I called Lawton my supervisor and asked him for some time off. We discussed my situation, and he agreed since no one else had asked for anything and no vacations were planned they'd have no trouble covering for about a week. After that he said we'd have to work something out; maybe sick time, a formal leave of absence, something. Then I waited around until Sarah got up with the kids.

Sarah came down first, but I knew the rest would follow. Sarah looked like she hadn't slept very well. I told her, "I've taken a week off. I'm going to call and see Rath and probably Beatrice sometime today. It's up to you, but I'd like it if you decided to hang around the house. You decide whether to keep the kids home or send them on to school."

She timidly asked, "What should I decide...about the girls I mean?"

"What do you think," I replied.

"Can I keep them home with me?"

"Do what you want," then I thought about it, "Yeah, keep them home and quiet. I'll call later when I can. We'll go someplace."

I watched Sarah fidget about. She fiddled with her coffee cup, "If you go someplace with the girls, can I come too?"

I was surprised by that, "See here Sarah. They know nothing about our problems. I'd like to keep it that way as long as we can."

Emma and Emily had come down. I walked over to Sarah, "Kiss goodbye." She was pleased by that. Then I slipped over and kissed Emily and Emma. I looked back at Sarah, "Better get Elizabeth."

Sarah brushed back a tear, and then of all things she curtsied, "Yes sir."

I stepped out, got in my car, started it up, but before I pulled away I used my cell to call Rath. Surprise! Surprise! He was up and about. He answered on the second intonation, "Yeah?"

"Rath, meet me at mom and dad's in an hour."

He growled, "You want to talk to my wife?"

I replied, "Not yet, probably later." He hung up; then I hung up and took off for my parents.

Once I got there I found the chest, opened it, and discovered a heap of papers. I didn't know what was there, but I sure knew Rath wasn't seeing any of it; not till I went through it first. So I found an old cardboard box and stuffed it with dad's old junk. I figured it was just that, junk.

Good thing I didn't waste any time. Rath pulled up just as I was shoving the cardboard box in a closet. I went to the door and let him in.

He glared at me, "My key doesn't work."

"I changed the locks yesterday."

"Trusting fellow," he mumbled, "Where's my memorabilia?"

I handed him the old watch and the shotgun. I pointed to the sea chest. He pocketed the watch, dropped the gun under his arm and started to lift the chest. My guess was he didn't plan on staying. I had to try and stop him, "Rath you got a minute?"

He sat the chest down, "What for?"

"We're brothers. Mom and dad just died. Can't we at least say something?"

He came and sat down beside me, "All right I'll admit it losing them both; it breaks my heart. They were our parents. We could have done a lot worse, but don't expect a lot of tears. I'm all cried out. Besides I've got an idea you've got plans for me."

I put my hand on his knee. He didn't back away, "First mom and dad picked me to be executor because of all your problems since you got back from the service. Dad told me about the PTSD, and what all you went through. He made me promise to be absolutely fair and I will. About you and Beatrice..."

He interrupted me, "I told her last night. She said she wouldn't leave me."

Jesus I don't know why, but I was glad to hear that. I asked, "Can you tell me something about...well...?"

He shrugged; no I'd say he slumped, "Not much to tell really. I wish I could sugar coat it, but I can't. I told you I wasn't the first. Sarah's a flirt. I don't think she understands sometimes. Look Bass I came on to her. I started it. I played the sympathy game. I told her Beatrice was two timing me at her work. I told her Beatrice treated me bad, that it was her who didn't want kids. I told Sarah Beatrice told me she might have kids someday; just not my kids. You know how Sarah is; a bleeding fucking heart. It was still all bullshit, but you know what else? I think Sarah wanted to anyway. I mean I could have said something like, 'Hey let's jump in the sack,' and she would've said, 'yeah sure, why not?'"

carvohi
carvohi
2,568 Followers