All Comments on 'The Secret of Anthony Albrecht'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
gravyruggravyrugover 10 years ago
Where's the twist?

We were promised a twist, but this ending was telegraphed from the start, especially given how short the story is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Where is the twist?

As the ending had been telegraphed far from the end of the story, I expected the twist to be the one from an old Country and Western song in which the same situation developed, except the added twist at the end, that the girl's father wasn't her physical father, as the mother had also had a lover who was the girl's father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
really disappointing

This was perhaps the biggest waste of my time on this site in awhile. no character development no was compelling plot just to drive recitation of a bland story.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Fairly straightforward tale

Perhaps the twist was that the obvious twist did not save them and allow them to come up with children. One thought is that they should have done the DNA work in order to see if there were any dangerous recessives. Otherwise the child would only have the good genes reinforced.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Interesting

The twist was obvious, however, If this is how the so-called "upper class" lived, I glad I wasn't born that way.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...