All Comments on 'The Seelie Court Times'

by WolfenWitch

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good Story

I really liked the idea of the story but felt it could of been better written. You jumped around to much and didn't edit all of the speaking parts as well as it needed. Story flowed to fast..needed a little more meat. I really really like this genre of writing though! thanks

thewordsmith2590thewordsmith2590almost 18 years ago
Great Promise is Overshadowed by Technical Flaws

Your story line is excellent, the concept intriguing; unfortunately, the narrative detracts from your work as a whole. The writing tends to be extremely choppy, especially when the action is getting good. Such rushing through the scene leaves the reader disappointed and craving more detail and description. The narrative flow is also interrupted when the reader must stop to decipher who is speaking; I would suggest limiting a character's dialogue to a single paragraph, rather than skipping a line yet continuing the dialogue. In this way, it would be more clear when one character's speaking part ends and another character's begins.

All in all, "The Seelie Court Times" shows great promise but is overshadowed by its technical flaws. With a bit of editing, your story could be spectacular.

Soundman_GregSoundman_Gregalmost 18 years ago
Good but.....

As was said in some of the other comments, the story in some ways is an outline. The love scenes could stand extensive expansion, it almost seems that you want to just gloss over that and do not bring in the emotional and sensual aspects out anywhere as much as I think the story requires. This IS a culmination of a 500 year wait for love to be fulfilled, the lovers would be a LOT more involved with each other...explore that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous