All Comments on 'The Shack: Ladykiller'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 239 Comments (Page 3)
SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

What a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the anonymous who wrote about our 'otherwise pathetic community,' what are you doing here, then? To be condescending to your actual peers says more of a negative nature about yourself than about the 'community.' We read for pleasure; if you are not pleased, DON'T READ IT! It isn't as though you can complain about the cost. To Todd; I said it once before - don't let the bastards wear you down. The rest of us got your six. lpw

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Todd, I'm certain you easily deflect the foolish comments tossed at you. Still, let me add my voice for you and I'll be on your 6!

SurlygitSurlygitover 1 year ago

Jinxy is my favourite transformation of all your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jinxy story please. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agreed with Anon’s below - Jinxy story please.

Also be nice to see an Anne and Hollywood story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Great story

Liked it very much

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That one page with Jinx/Adrestria might be the most powerful action writing I've ever read. Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy would say "Man, I wish I wrote that." Just outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars on one of my favorite stories . I thought the m249 was called the SAW . Have I ever said how much I hate the 5.56 cartridge . I prefer a sweet .338 Lapua Magnum myself . My Best friend took out a person at about 750 Meters with one . Sadly they would not let him bring it home with him . He carried a 9mm and I carried a 45 1911 . I sent my pistol home with a Majors gear so Yes I have mine .

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

2nd read for me. excellent story, as usual. Very much like Jinxy parts and her daughter Makensie's introduction. Like how you introduced important future characters, Tess and Makensie for your "Shack" or Needles and Delaney series.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief12 months ago

Outstanding story and writing. Loved the humor throughout the story but back to the nuts and bolts when needed. I thought the part with Jinxy was touching and although it seemed a little "Disney", I'm glad it was included to give the story some color. Five stars.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodger12 months ago

My accountant says l should get paid for every time l read one of your tall tales, we've agreed on $1 per read. l've figured out you owe me $219, l'll send you my Venmo.

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Belief is what makes gods and drives men and women to do things they never thought they could. Great story the fourth time around. Our MC's belief in Jinxy is what brought out her true nature. I grew up in public housing and mother was a waitress. Graduate HS with direction or prospects. Was helping grandma one day when she said: "Here" and gave me check for $500 the said : "Go down to the trade school and get a trade." So I did, That was 62 years ago. I'm retired now and making more than when I was working. Thank god for grandma! She believed in me as our MC believed in Jinxy..................Fun story!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It’s the best of all the shack stories. Jinxy is a great character.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Please write an update and whole story on Jinxy. Jinxy would be a great character to deep dive on. Thanks and 5 stars as always.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I have to agree with the previous comment, I would love to see a further story on Jinxy but am very thankful all of the Shameless/Shack stories. Wonderful engaging characters.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

We do need more Jinxy stories.

And since Hollywood is getting married in later stories it only seems appropriate that she attends his wedding.

used2bjustjused2bjustj10 months ago

I think the dialog between Mackenzie and Hollywood is outstandingly funny and entertaining. Almost everything out of her mouth cracked me up. The convo about the difference between booty-calls and hook-ups had me in stiches.

And yes, I'd like to see another Jinxy story please. Toss in some Hollywood, Ann, and Mackenzie and you'll have a winner I'm sure.

5/5

J

NickCaveNickCave9 months ago

The only thing that I would have suggested Todd change, if I were his editor, would be the very end of the story. I think he should have made Anne at least slightly excited at the possibility. Honestly, the way it is written, Anne seems like she's reluctantly doing it for Mackenzie's sake and the fact that she doesn't have anything else better to do. Yes...She should have some concerns, but that's the entire point of dating. He's not asking Anne to marry him. If I were Hollywood, I would feel like complete shit and probably end up calling the thing off. I mean, just the fact that Hollywood went through everything he did locating her sister Kathy and spending that time and grilling from Mackenzie, Tessa and even Kathy and also meeting her at her Arrival Day (which is a big deal to military people finally being home), you'd think she'd find that at least a little sweet and encouraging. I mean, she wore the guy's shirt her entire deployment...that says a fuckin' lot about her feelings regarding Hollywood, or I should say, it would say a lot about her feelings toward Hollywood doing something like that in real life. Eh.. I'm just rambling now.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brilliant and please don't change a thing.

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

I've read this at leased 4 times and I'm probably going to read it again. Obviously te powerful scene in the story is when he's providing cover fire for Jinxy and he's talking about the old gods and using their power to protect Jinxy. The scene moved my soul and brought forth the need for someone to believe in me and you. Stories' like this can take us away from our everyday problems and what's wrong with the world and our country. Dear author pleas write more stories like this..................

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I have a friend that had a Dragunov . Properly barreled in .311 ( many are labeled as .311 but are.308 if you get one have the barrel slugged) more accurate firing .308 though for whatever reason. Good to 1500 yards.

USMCVetUSMCVet6 months ago

dgfergie, I read this every couple months just for that scene.

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Yet

Yet,another good story.

SDN1955SDN19556 months ago

Fantastic story.

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

USMCVET, yeah I just reread the whole story and that scene with Jinxy almost brings tears. I have to grandsons that put in tours in the Marine Corp. One actually did some time on the Syrian border but he came home safe. The other one did most of his time in Hawaii and just came home a couple years ago and got married to his HS sweetheart. Me, I only did 3 years in the Army back '64-'67 and missed Nam. I'll be back here again in a couple months for another read. Best time I had in the Army was at Fort Monmouth NJ. was on the Honor Guard Drill Team, fun times.

PurplefizzPurplefizz4 months ago

I love all the “Tales from the Shack”, but that section where Jinxy makes the transition from clueless screw up to a full on avenging warrior based on nothing but necessity and a bit of belief is utterly masterful. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Epic story with memorable characters with drama action and romance. Liked Jinxi and William a lot, too.

What else is there? (oh spicy noodles?)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Read it again, of course. Still top shelf. But as I read your stories, I keep hoping for another one, bringing us up to date with Jinxy. Five stars, of course.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Rereading - still one of my favorite stories.

Keep checking back to see if you've posted another Jinxy story (or Delaney for that matter). Anxiously awaiting both.

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

Truly a great story having a little bit of everything keeping your interest all the way thru. I've lost track how many times I've read it. I almost have tears in my eyes as he's talking about the old gods while he's protecting Jinxy, amazing writing here, you can't beat it and the price is right. 5 stars and more................

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hollywood's old gods soliloquy is one of the most powerful in not the most powerful pieces of writing on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 Stars and it does introduce us to 2 of the Camp Mayhem crew .

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere3 months ago

So, speaking of 2 of the 'Camp Mayhem' crew, is 'Camp Mayhem' actually in any of the stories other than vague references in the Needles and Delaney stories?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story about Hollywood and Jinxy. Would love more on Jinxy.

Answer to the previous question is YES!! Look at "Necessary Evil" and "Blue Topaz Eyes". particularly Eyes which has a lot more detail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Are these stories really about showing off ur military knowledge? I wonder?

Jalibar62Jalibar6229 days ago

I most enjoyed your characterizations of Jinxy during the battle in the valley. Nemesis…

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Rereading. One of my favorites. And we need more Jinxy stories.

Just_GymJust_Gym13 days ago

The jinkxy and the old gods portion was great. Loved the entire story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...