All Comments on 'The Shack: Necessary Evil'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 92 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another brilliant addition

^5ersss , well deserved.

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 7 years ago
Once again, fantastic

The tales you have woven around these characters are truly magnificent. Thank you for sharing your imagination and time.

5/5

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Five Stars!

I'm obviously prejudiced, but you know a story is good when your editing is interrupted by getting carried away with the story.

Excellent job, Todd!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
GREAT

sorry for shouting, but GREAT story. love the detail in your stories

SelqSelqalmost 7 years ago
Excellent, as usual

Fantastic story with excellent pacing.

Not as dark as Nobody, nor as emotionally charged, but on a 5 star scale absolutely 5 stars.

Thank you for writing and looking forward to your next story.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Another Delightful Tale From The Shack-Master

Someday you should post a "read the Shack stories in this order" list for new readers -- maybe in your bio area?

I just love the diverse, quirky characters that populate your stories -- and the plot lines are fun, too. ;-) A new story in your Noir collection is always a treat, thanks very much for this one.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 7 years ago
Excellent story!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@boatbumm

They are numbered over on SOL:

1) Blue Topaz Eyes

2) Shameless

3) Monster

4) Pogo and Spooky

5) Tales from the Shack: Nobody

6) Pogo's Very Long Day

7) Gun, Gun, Teddy Bear

8) Behind Blue Eyes

It's hard to sequence this one because of its timeline. The beginning and the mission take place after "Nobody," but the back`story with Trace pre-dates The Shack.

Todd, I hope you will forgive my jumping in here!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another story about pshchopaths

Not sure why anyone reads these. Just a bunch of murderous violence.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 7 years ago
Just a great series !

This series has to be one of the best ever here .

To the anonymous poster trying to get someone to notice them , sorry , the majority has spoken about this . It's just great storytelling , plain and simple .

Always great to see your posts Todd172 !

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 7 years ago
Another five-star story

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you're one of the most gifted writers on this site. It's to the point where I think you've outgrown this site, frankly. You're too good to waste your talent here, although I'm grateful you do.

I can't help but think that if you meshed together all of the Shack stories into one long novel, you could make some money from it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Your bias is showing, @Crkcppr

Aren't you listed in the credits? This quasi-military superspy stuff has been done to death. Time to move on to something else. The first couple of these seemed new and lively, but now it's just a dreary pile of dead bodies.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THEY ALL KNOW ABOUT TACTICAL PATIENCE

and have the courage to follow through with its project, TK U MLJ LV NV

Sidney43Sidney43almost 7 years ago

Just enjoyed reading another very well written story. The characters you create, whether they come from a time in your life, or your imagination are simply vivid. My favorite is Spooky, with monster a close second. Five stars without question.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 7 years ago
So we invaded a foreign country???

When you use active duty that is what you are doing. If any were caught imagine the repurcusions. Contractors would be used. Where would the growler be staged from? Aircraft carrier? Could not be staged from anywhere in south america. Way too noticeable. Twin engine civilian plane would be used, or more likely ground based jamming of a small camp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
no score

good writing but im a little confused. isnt this supposed to be cheating wives section. isnt there a non erotic section.

no1specificno1specificalmost 7 years ago
BZ from NSW

Again, my friend, you write an interesting story.

The "Qu**r", as the EA6-B was nicknamed due to its gold plated cockpit canopy, was a true force multiplier! Even in today's world, I would rather have a wing of Intruders following an EA6 than all the "Plastic Bugs" in the fleet.

Hi to Spooky, Pogo and the 5HK

No1

shaman43shaman43almost 7 years ago
OMG

A real story. A story with a plot. Character development. Action including mention of body parts rubbing together. I appreciate this author and the creativity of the writing. The way words are put together so the narrative just flows. It is a relief to read this after so much junk in recent days. I have no problem with those who think that monogamy is the just way to be in the world with a partner. Just as long as they do not judge those who life another lifestyle. I have no problem with those who want a different life and define cheating and sharing differently. What I have trouble with is the humiliation that seems so prevalent in stories on here recently. Ever more so it seems. As a person who has studied the brain, the endocrine system, the effect of emotions on the body we know that humiliation is one of the most destructive of emotions to the health of the body. That is not to say it is not as destructive to one's ability to live fully in this life. I absolutely despise the seeming worship of humiliation as something to pursue on here. This in spite of having a very good friend, now retired living on Michigan Ave in Chicago in a million dollar apartment. She made her money pissing on the power brokers of government and industry so they could then go out and commit themselves to keeping the power that made them dirty. This story washed away the dross I had over me after even reading paragraph of about 5 other stories here today.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 7 years ago
As Usual

a very good story. I really enjoy the Shack series. Please continue. The directer and her dobermans are as dangerous, but not to the good guys. Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

maninconnmaninconnalmost 7 years ago
I like your shack series!

Write on!

Pappy7Pappy7almost 7 years ago
I liked the story, I like the can do attitude that Donna has and

I hope I never get on the wrong side of someone like her. I also like the fact that you put this in the LW section so I can keep up with your stories. Sometimes when the categories get switched because of story content I lose that story for the week. So thanks for the story and thanks for the good feelings towards the grunts, I know they appreciate it. Marines get all of the glory, but Army does the work. If it absolutely needs to be deconstructed in a hurry, infantry is your huckleberry.

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Great

Truly a delightful story. The rhythm is exactly right.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
A great story, 5*

And just about every government has teams like this, to a greater or lesser extent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well done

I've "enjoyed" this series. I put enjoyed in quotes because you write about very deadly people and that has a down side. But, the need to do "what has to be done" does exist. Your writing skill and the characters you have developed make these stories good reading.

Thank you

Impo_64Impo_64almost 7 years ago
A very good story...

Another good story...Spooky is the best...4*

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 7 years ago
Good story, as we've come to expect from Todd.

I can't really say I know any of the characters in the Shack universe. But many, many years ago, back when I could run like a gazelle and exist for weeks on a diet of mud and scorched tree bark, I knew some people who were very, very much like them. And that's why I like the stories, even as dark as they are. Because there's enough verisimilitude that they feel like you want them to be real.

(By the way, mud and scorched tree bark are a lot more palatable when you flavor them liberally with Texas Pete.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
OK but ????

The story was fine . ..I enjoyed it . ..but how does it belong in Loving Wives when its clearly not erotic or about wives?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love the shack series

I strongly suggest if you are not familiar with the stories or characters go back and read them chronologically. Another good tale.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 7 years ago
Great

Absolutely great story! Thank you:))

Ed

Slowride_Slowride_almost 7 years ago
Another Excelent Tale

I really enjoy and appreciate your writing. Thank you for making my day better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
good story why post it in loving wives

We have a special forces adventure ,science friction. In the wrong catagory

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Were you all not paying attention? The prostitutes had kids. Those kids had dads somewhere, and I doubt that camp had been there long enough for those kids to have been born there and grown to that age there. So, they made the story fit in 'Loving Wives.' Plus, it is entirely plausible that Candy is married or at least that multiple people think she is their exclusive girl.

LW is among the most read categories, and the series started in the category. Would the category police please unmount their high horses and just enjoy a great story series?

Thank you, Todd. Another outstanding contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
love it - loving infantry

Great writing!

Wondering as the rest about the placement of the category...

-again, Todd is the "Brad Thor" of Literotica, even if a story has nothing to do with "wives"!

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
On behalf

On behalf of all humans with a sense of decency- please ignore the trash spouted by the previous anon douchebag. Someone typed stuff into a keyboard for him, I guess.

Another fine story. So what if people want to pigeonhole it into another category- I'd not get a chance to read it if it was. There is a LW aspect, if people read a bit more carefully.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 7 years ago
Fantastic story!

Not sure why its in LW but I'm glad it was or i wouldnt have read it.

5 stars!

Todd172Todd172almost 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback!

It's how I figure out what works. As I've said before, the level of suport and encouragement here is unbelievable and I appreciate it. The style and aubject matter certainly aren't for everyone, but that's fine. There's a lot to choose from here, I'm sure there is something that suits.

Xzy89c1 - yes it is technically an invasion, but most SEAL, Delta and other operatives are active duty as well, and use of contractors is specifically banned under the 1989 UN accords on the use of mercenaries. Everbody breaks the rules, the important part is to not get caught.

All. I usually don't delete comments, but I did delete the comment Onethird references. It was a short, pointless burst of racism, and I saw no reason to subject everyone to reading it.

Thanks again,

Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Can't wait to see The Shack series on video some day.

This reads more like a primer for what's to come, or an expansion and explanation of previous stories. Not as epic in its own right, but still very well done. I especially appreciate you maintaining the category for the series so we don't miss any.

And thanks for allowing anonymous comments. But you might want to reconsider deleting even the most offensive ones. Its healthy to be reminded of what ignorance looks like, sounds like, and acts like. You know that.

checkaho013checkaho013almost 7 years ago
Thank You

I live alone, on SS so your stories add a lot to my otherwise dull life. Thank you for sharing your gift.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 7 years ago
The thing about posting in LW...

...is that you aren't going to get a lot of "meh" comments. Whether people love your work or hate it, LW readers WILL tell you how they feel.

ConnarConnaralmost 7 years ago
@ The "Sick, Sick" Annon

"Just a sick story that should never be posted.How anyone could enjoy this sick shit is beyong belief."

Just what i was thinking about 90% of the LW Stories posted on this site in recent years, or the cuckshit as i like to call it...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Tedious, Tripey Trope After Trope...Nope!

What the hell is this doing in Loving Wives?

It was one snoozey, idiosyncratic, heiroglyphic to this reader. As warned, you could just hear the world-world weary voice-over, and maybe even a Bernard Hermann horn section punctuating the weighty mayhem.

But why the goofball politics? If it's noirish intel ops, the last thing that fits the bill is insipid kosher racial/feminist theory.

The glossary was appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WTF was this all about.

Wrong category # 1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice follow up

Love your stories I love how you put perfect lines into your stories "my people don't like odd unless we're the ones doing it." fucking classic

great work can't wait for next chapter

LexingtuckyLexingtuckyalmost 7 years ago
Queen of Battle

BZ. As usual.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtalmost 7 years ago
Necessarily good

Man, I love this stuff - Pogo, Spooky, and the gang at the Shack - simply classic writing.

DustyRhinoDustyRhinoalmost 7 years ago
Thanks -

I've enjoyed each in the series 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
You are a very entertaining writer

Please continue both The Shack and the St. Clair tales. I have bookmarked your page and will continue to check it, usually I check check it several times a week, When I first found your stories however, I was checking daily to see what you may have updated.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 7 years ago
yep

I love the 'shack' stories as well. you provide great detail and compelling story lines. And your writing ain't half bad either...... thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Second read of The Shack. This time from beginning to end. Great way to spend a vacation day. A Las Vegas pool, sipping icy rum drinks, bikini babes and the Shaq Familia. Still have a spot reserved on my bookshelves for the novel.

shadowjack17shadowjack17almost 7 years ago
The reason we sleep peacefully

In our beds at night is because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf. God Bless the Infantry. yeah, well...Rangers seem to get a bit of short shrift from you, man-e-o. Watch what it takes to even get IN the Regiment and tell me the 25th light fighters can handle it. Just saying.

InsigniaInsigniaover 6 years ago
Total Fag Cuck Shit

Or wrong category or non erotic or fetish or maybe I just read he latest installment of a writer that gives Tom Clancy a run for his money. You rock Todd. 5 stars seems weak.

green1943green1943over 6 years ago
very good intertainment

I really like your stories by the time I have read them all there is usually another one posted and I just start over again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Close to home...

I've been reading through your catalogue; stopping occasionally when the topic gets a bit close and things go blurry.

Simply amazing writing!

kdcee79kdcee79almost 6 years ago
Excellent

Don't know how I've missed reading any of your tales before now, but I'm certainly going to go through all of them. Brilliant writing. You brought this to life for me which surely must be every writers ultimate aim & even though I didn't understand all the military speak you Americans use it was a very enjoyable read. Thanks heaps. A huge 5 * * * * *

Sak77Sak77over 5 years ago
Sorry . . .

Sparrow, not swallow. The Soviets had an entire school devoted to this, and it was known in the west as the "Sparrow School".

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaabout 5 years ago

"Those favors are why Trace and I were sitting in the enclosed box seat the symphony. He looks amazing in a tuxedo -- tall and thin, the contrast of the close cropped grey hair against his almost jet black skin. Very distinguished, so much so that nobody even blinks that he's with a white woman; that's still a little unusual these days, though less than it was. I suppose, given my rather plain appearance, that some probably wonder why he chooses to be with me."

Black men aren't supposed to be with plain women? I'm laughing to myself just trying to figure out which -ism category this would fit in.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
If all else fails call the grunts

You seem to grasp the concept of military bullshit

Seals Recon etc good for certain things but when

Hoo rah

Not me but stationed with a company mostly grunts last duty station for most of us

Interesting days and nights

Mustanger CO what a way to end active duty

Good read still don't like some of dirty laundry love lerps etc tunnel rats have special place would just have to shoot me No Way love em

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Prowler kept flying post 2015

Marine Corps kept flying the prowler. Finally retired completely now. Just a small update for you.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Good story.

No Bloody One?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Shack = GoT

Nobody in The Shack = No One in GoT

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Another Good One!

Love these retribution outfits. Some people will take money to anything until they are told not to-in the right way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
OMG !!!!!

One of the best I have ever read. ( question...are you in the trade?)

Wow, great story. Thank you

Lee2012Lee2012about 3 years ago

Only question I have is, why no 75th Regiment? Rangers, yes, but still infantry and no SOCOM. USAF Technical Sergeant? Thanks for the homage - retired USAF, and (he, he) IT 40+ years. And yes sir, you know your Prowlers. Ne thinks you know more than you say.

DreadWriter6969DreadWriter6969almost 3 years ago

Yes, Bless the Infantry. Every bloody one of them.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

The story goes on, little do we know about what happens behind the scenes we se everyday. Great writing and thanks for the good editing to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes, God bless the infantry. All of those broken souls from doing a terrible task

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Someone has to do the dirty work. Nicely developed story allowing one to read it as a stand alone but also fits neatly into the whole epic you seem to be creating. 5 from me again.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

The job nobody wants Nobody does and scares the hell out of people! Good job Todd and editors!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Have you considered publishing ebooks on Amazon? Your work is better than much of what I have read there. You deserve to make a bundle off your hard work...thanks for the fantastic reading!!!!!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Great story 3 or 4 times I think! Todd is published on Amazon, Needles and Delaney are characters portrayed in the book, great story. Keep writing Todd we need more fun stories, oh yeah, Kudo to your editors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dark, Deadly, Delicious...

Many thanks Todd!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just imagining Hillary as their boss and the shudder went from head to toe

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 1 year ago

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

A question we all ponder?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God bless the Infantry :)

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

A few stories back (I'm reading The Shack in your recommended order) I questioned whether you were aware of The Activity. You answered that in this story. :-) Great writing...

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Still a great story. When given the right direction our military is second to none. Remember when ISIS was in the news all the time and then they weren't? It was our armies that did job to eliminate ISIS. They were doing the job in Afghanistan until a senile president ordered everyone home. How many were left behind? How Afghans that helped us when we were there lost their lives?

How much credibility have we lost as country because of what our president did? Thanks for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars on a Great story . I am surprised that Spooky did not let everyone know that her Family was off limits . Like in the Milk Run Story .. Needles daughter held a gun on Pogo . Not a smart move in anyone's book

Martyr2002Martyr200212 months ago

Great story, however, Donna is one of the most unlikable characters in your pantheon. I truly hope she finds a bad end. She deserves it

IkiniGoStarIkiniGoStar12 months ago

My friend and I love audiobooks. I happen to be a better narrator so I have read aloud, multiple times, all of Todd172's works to my friend, over the phone. I love this story, but, Todd, put the whole thing in the present tense, please (except for the obvious "in the past" parts). Especially the actual mission. You wander back and forth between the past and the present tenses, anyway, already. Putting what you can into the present tense makes it more, well, tense and real. Thank you for your wonderful stories, and I thank my friend for introducing them to me.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Great storytelling. I've enjoyed each and everyone of the stories I've read so far regarding the shack. This one just makes me wish there was a chance that the team could take care of the corruption going on in our own government today. Another five stars for a well written and crafted story.

dgfergiedgfergie8 months ago

Another read and another satisfied customer and you can't beat the price. Please write some more...............

LegacybadLegacybad4 months ago

Great story. Always fun to read your work. As a a latin american I appreciate the little aknowledgment of US Gvt interference. Most Americans just dont think that ever happens. But we in Lat Am know very clearly how (all) governments really behave. We know it first hand , as Im sure you know. Anyway. 5 stars. Great work!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 Stars to the infantry . I am pleased to see the grunts get some atta boy for a change .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 Stars on another great story . I think my last lines to Maatias would have been " Maybe Nobody will ever come to see you again " .. Nobody the perfect person for the job . Let her and Monster see kids getting mistreated . God have mercy on their souls because Monster and Spooky would have no Mercy for them . Monster loves children as does Spooky . It is the only thing that keeps them acting normal

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well written, and a complete story. No fault to be found here. Nobody. The perfect goil. Five stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Donna is the person you want for this role, and the author has brought her to you as she must be.

Great story.

FlamethrowFlamethrow26 days ago

So I had heart surgery three days ago and have two weeks confined to a hospital bed — perfect time to read the total bibliography of Todd172, not for the first time but this time going slowly and really appreciating all the little touches.

Todd172, you are a master of your craft and I love the wonderful characters who populate your world.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

God bless the infantry. 82nd airborne

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES