All Comments on 'The Shack: The Guardians'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 167 Comments
nitrotroutnitrotroutover 6 years ago
Keeps getting better

Love how you keep expanding and connecting your characters in each story. Plus I find myself standing in the shadows, watching the story unfold. Great writing please keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Incredible

Your stories just seem to get better and better. Bravo! I give 5 Stars. The Shack universe you have created has got to be in the top 3 or 4 on all of Literotica. I eagerly look forward to your next installment.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
MONSTER IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE MONSTER AND DADDY

which will create ,for the author, great tales to come, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
still not LW

so 1*

tazmuntazmunover 6 years ago
Loved it!

I love all the stories from the series and this is one of the best. It wouldn't be near as good though for example I didn't a bit about Monster.

Each story is a bit like a flash in the pan and so leaves me wanting. I do wish a really complete book was written pulling it all together....I for one would buy it.

lnrangerlnrangerover 6 years ago
Thank you!

Another 5 star tale from The Shack!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Helluva story

I check back often looking for your submissions. Well crafted indeed, this one. Looking forward to the next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NON EROTIC

Just a non erotic story that should never be posted inL.W.

JayDiverJayDiverover 6 years ago
True Shack

True Shack and as good as all the rest, keep it up. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

I was once again honored by Todd allowing me to edit this. I had the usual problem of having to back up as I would get so involved in the story I would glide right over edits.

To the one bomb anon. To one bomb a story simply because you think it's in the wrong category is crude. If you can't give it an honest score despite being in the "wrong" category, don't score it at all.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
I was hoping...

I was hoping that finally I wouldn´t have to say what I always say after reading your stories...But it wasn't to be this time yet, so: Thank you again...5*

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Love your weaving

The confrontation was world shaking and your characters come to life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
amen bruce

confrontation had real tension, superb writing, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Are you ever going to write anything besides this "shack" stuff

This is getting old. Fewer and fewer people are reading it. Try something different sometime, why don't you. I'm not reading any more of these.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Last anony got it right

This is stale and nobody reads it anymore except the fanboys.

RhomanovRhomanovover 6 years ago
*****

Another superb chapter in the Shack!

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
An Action, Drama, Romance

With a mix of unique cultural tradition added for color.

Yes, it was able to stand alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Keep the Family going!

Really liked this story. For the people who say this doesn't belong in "Loving Wives", all of this series is kept in the same category to maintain continuity. Hope you will also write about Danni's brothers, Finn and Patrick. Will they follow in their Father's footsteps? As couple of other people have said, a book following this series would be good. Looking forward to more in this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Perfect!

Just ... perfect!

dinkymacdinkymacover 6 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing a ***** star read!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
"The Shack"

For those of you tired of the "Shack" stories, they are plainly labeled, so just avoid them.

For the rest of us, while they take place in the same universe, each story is unique and well-written, so keep them coming, Todd!

gldngolfergldngolferover 6 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Enjoyed it very much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

The shack series has always been good... some better than others but an over all good....

This one was fucking amazing! Loved the characters you built and the interaction with Monster was perfect... sent chills down my spine. Loved the way you mixed the cultural lore into the resolution. Keep adding more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What has really gotten old is

That Brooks guy pontificating on stories and commenters. If a reader wants to comment that they feel the story is getting stale, why does Brooks feel compelled to comment? Sure, all comments are welcome, but he comments as if he has some sort of special purpose, scope, and knowledge. I, for one, am simply tired of it, and yes, I am now doing just what Brooks does constantly. This is my first and last comment on the pompous one. I apologize to everyone in advance for the likelihood that the clown will feel compelled to comment on this comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Never get tired telling you how great these are

Dude!

Dick

dc6370dc6370over 6 years ago
Fantastic story!

I really enjoyed this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I generally like your stories but...they can get a bit far-fetched, even for an action spy-type story. I mean, of course, not only is Derek 6' 6" and almost 300 pounds of muscle but he's also a former cop who knows how to box and sumo-wrestle. Oh, and by the way he's studying to be a lawyer and is handsome. It's just kinda...much. Like, one or two of those things could have been good but you combine them all together and you're basically making this perfect Batman-like character. Why can't he just be a regular guy?

I feel him being Mr. Perfect also kind of made the interaction with Monster less memorable. Remember the ending of "Shameless" when there was that surprise when Grease found himself saved the guys in the Shack? Grease was just a regular guy who didn't have any training or anything that made him really special. That's what made the surprise so good because he would have had no way to defend himself. Whereas with Derek, you could see him making a final standing and taking at least one of them out. Heck, that's what he actually does in this story! As a result, it makes his interaction with Monster seem like just a Wolf meeting another Wolf (albeit a much more menacing Wolf).

koosewatcherkoosewatcherover 6 years ago
Damn

I usually speed read the authors on this site, that said, I always read every word of your stories! Well done, keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Finally. I've asked before for a Danni centered story. Loved it.

Now one about Finn and Patrick would be awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Better Than Ian Fleming

It took awhile to figure out what your stories were going to be about. Nothing like a bit of over the top fantasy with believable characters to warm the soul!

InsigniaInsigniaover 6 years ago
Another great episode

This is an excellent universe to check out. Always looking forward to the next one.

Lex1Lex1over 6 years ago
Always love a good Todd story

I love these Shack stories, but I understand the naysayers telling you that it should go in another section. The theme seems have gotten away from LW a long time ago.

Still, anyone bitching about it at this point is just as whiny as the anon idiots who troll the wife sharing stories. You know that you're not going to read a full page of pussy pounding erotica. Even if it is in the wrong category, just don't click on it. There will always be some other story to read. Wives are going to be shared everyday in Loving Wives. Of course you want to do to the BTB crowd what they do to the wife sharing stories, but is it worth it?

Ok. I'm stepping down from the soap box. Todd, you are probably the best writer in the Loving Wives genre (even if you aren't technically supposed to be here). Personally, I hope you go pro. I would buy any book you publish.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 6 years ago
Great story

I love these "Shack" stories. They fill in so much background and fleshing out of the characters that I've come to love to read about. Thank you for continuing the saga. I too wondered who could marry Danni. A really great story. I also agree that stories about Finn and Patrick could continue the series. Whatever you decide to write please hurry.

Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wedding?

Just another awesome Shack story. Hope you continue this with another chapter for the wedding. Also, the groom should have met EX in this story, maybe thenext one?

5+Stars!

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
Superb

Really good instalment to a fantastic series.

Thank you for submitting your work here.

5*

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
Sorry, big brother, off topic

Aside from any opinions expressed in these pages, I know that there are several authors who post here who are in the path of Hurricane Irma. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, and everyone in Florida and points north who will be impacted. God bless.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 6 years ago
You're a real story teller

Definitely a superb page turner. Wishing I could write like that takes second place to thanking you for publishing here,

Chilley

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
A wonderful family

Great series of stories. Now we have a Monster and an Ogre! Thought Monster did the three punks. Fooled me ... Spawn of Monster!

Todd172Todd172over 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the feedback

I really appreciate the encouragement and support here. It simply amazes me. I'll comment more tomorrow - there is some great feedback here - but for now, I think I'll just add one of my old survival instructors comments to kimmi's comments:

If you are in the path of the hurricane and you can't evacuate, remember that your priorities are shelter (reinforced concrete, higher than maximum projected storm surge) mediction, water, then food. The storm is a weather phenomenon. It is not alive, so it does not care how brave, strong or noble you are. It does not care that you are not afraid of it. You cannot impress it. You are way out of your weight class, so use common sense and stay safe.

SSG Russell would be thrilled that I still remember that.

Stay safe, more later

Todd172

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
A great story.

Well written and interesting.

Fun reading about Hawaiian myths

and monsters. We have such all around

the world.

Mine are a little different, coming from the

colder north, but the spirit is the same.

I absolutely enjoyed reading this story and

it gets top ratings from me.

Thanks writer for a gem!

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
More pls?

A big fan, ❤️ your writing, always look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A great story from a great writer

It didn't belong in loving wives but if u put it someware else I would have missed this masterpiece.

gmann57gmann57over 6 years ago

You can really tell a story, Thank you, I absolutely loved it

muirmadramuirmadraover 6 years ago
Keep em comin'!

Great stories with great characters!

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 6 years ago
An Absolute 6 Star Novella

Met an Aumakua ONCE - He was truly Terrifying, and that was 50 years ago.

Tremendous group of tales . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn, I love these stories

When "Todd172" pops up, things slow down and I savor it.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Another Fun Tale From The Shack....

....Wherein the good triumph, the bad guys are appropriately terminated, and the hero and the girl live happily ever after. ;-)

Thanks for this addition to the rich tapestry of quirky, lovable characters in the Shack universe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Anyone else notice how few views these story get?

Looks like most people don't even read them.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Absolutely wonderful

A new favorite author; a new favorite story. You can't ask for more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"Anyone else notice how few views these story get?"

I wonder who sells more meals in a year, a 3-start Michelin restaurant, or McDonald's? Yeah, you can always deduce quality by focusing on quantity. "50 Shades of Grey" is reported to have made $570 million, Schindler's List made $321 million.

This was a great continuation of your work. I hope there's more left in the clip.

Thank you. (one more lonely solitary reader)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 stars like all the rest of your stories

You write great stories and I check back regularly to see if you have posted again. Please do not stop.

I don't read the sex stories as much anymore but your stories and a few other authors give me a reason to check in.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
As Good a Story as you will find anywhere, anytime

Rivals Hemingway IMHO

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
Awesome story

Five stars as in all of your stories. After reading this one I had to go back and re-read Monster and The Marker. Your stories are compelling and give the reader a sense of being there and seeing the story live and up close. It would be interesting to rearrange these stories in a logical progression and present it as a novel. Your writing is excellent - thank you for the stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it, of course

Though Loving Wives seems like an off-key category.

OnethirdOnethirdover 6 years ago
Good writing per usual

Once again, very enjoyable. The large majority of piss ant comments are from anons who seem to have wandered onto the wrong site. They don't seem to know how to select stories and stop reading ones that are "wrong" for them. Wish this site had a filter to prevent anons from voting. Have some balls and just pick a name and stand behind your moronic comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Outstanding, as always.

Thank you. May your muse continue to inspire you.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Thank you.

I love these stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@onethird

Actually, you CAN block Anonymous comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another "Shack" done well. Gonna miss you when your gone, and enjoy you while your not.

Still looking for the "sound" story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well Done

The steaks are not quite well done but the story is. It is written in the manner of an excellent short story mystery. A bit of exaggeration of a few personalities but this was a gripping mystery with a happy ending.

Well done oh good and faithful servant.

Tiny Tim

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 6 years ago
This never gets old

Todd172 , you are a storyteller par excellence , of that you will find few in disagreement .

These Anony fools who complain about # of views , get the fuck over yourselves !

Just because the readership in this category ( or even this entire forum ) decided to file thirteen your Bitching & Moaning about scores not syncing up to your own personal expectations , where did that land you ?

People in the know understand who inhabits your little subgroup . It's not like you all are fooling anyone .

In the immortal words of Cheap Trick , " Ain't that a Shame " lmao.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
billions and billions served

The sign outside says: Billions and Billions Served

Clearly by the standard of 'Most consumed' that makes MickeyD's the best restaurant with the best food on the planet.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Every Time

I start to outline another story in my head then I read something by a real storyteller like Todd172 and I take a step back. Damn, that's a good story. Thanks.

cloakndagger772cloakndagger772over 6 years ago
Another outstanding installment

You continue to prove your standing as one of the best storytellers, bar none. Thank you for continuing to share your gift.

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
another great one

This is a great series and I thank you for sharing.

Todd172Todd172over 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback

I really do appreciate it - as I've said many times, the support here is amazing.

A couple comments:

Yes, Derek is a classic hero, and anyone who reads my stories is probably pretty aware that I rarely use that sort of character. They rarely fit in my world(s).Derek does, though. If you want the whole crazy explanation of why, send me a PM and I'll proceed to bore the hell out of you with my reasoning. I won't subject the innocent to it here though.

As to the number of views, I hadn't given it that much thought, but I reflected on it a bit and remembered a comment a few stories ago. A reader said he was on a fixed income, and my stories were one of the few things he looked forward to. I think I'd continue to post if I only got that one view.

Thanks again for all the encouragement,

Todd

DoctimeDoctimeover 6 years ago
Wow. Not stars....,But Galaxies, perhaps 6!!

I went back and reread Monster just so I wouldn't miss anything. Glad I did. I might just have to go back and reread the whole Shack series simply because it is the best series on Lit. I am sure glad I have you listed as a favorite so I get first call when you resurface with another classic. Kudos! Ken

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
4*s

Gave you 4*s, Todd172. Your writing brings SHAME to almost everyone else here.

I don't want to encourage you to stay here.

Okay, okay let me be obvious. Todd172 you need to be selling books and making money with your stories. Not posting anonymous ( Todd172) on a website.

I would like to know if you are an author already. So I could read your books, stories, essays.

Thank you again.

AMerryman 😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

Love your stories. One recommendation is to share your work is to publish on Kindle/Amazon. You could charge low and widen your base. You writing is better than 70% plus for published authors. Best of luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
YES!

You just have to give credit when it is due.....and it is due to you. Great story, hardly any spelling mistakes. I read your comment earlier about a fellow on fixed income (I'm one of those) and I really like your attitude. Many others should pay attention. Anyway....thanks for giving us your time and talent!

Theakston58Theakston58over 6 years ago
Great read!

Going through the whole series and they just keep getting better and better. Fantastic! Thank you for allowing us into your head.

Theakston

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
DID YOU EVER WONDER WHY DANNI WAS SO SILENT

after hearing of Tonys death, I wonder what she was thinking, TK U MLJ LV NV

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
Great story series

Todd, after you placed a sequence of stories in your Bio I went back and read them in that sequence. This is a excellent story with full colorful characters and story plots. I have given you 5* all the way through and I believe that you could easily turn this into a money making book. Furthermore, this extended story would be an excellent made-for-tv mini-series along the lines of Fargo, etc.

Thanks for sharing your stories they are quite enjoyable.

CSD2CSD2about 6 years ago
When do we get

Hollywood's story?

The Shack is incomplete without him.

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 6 years ago
Another Outstanding Story From A Well Built World

So much depth in these stories. Every character has a tale to tell. Each character is so multi-dimensional (Well, all except Monster, his mission is clear and his actions direct). I hope it continues. 5*

HillfrogHillfrogover 5 years ago
From binge reading to dribs and drabs (sigh)

That's it - everything but 'The Song of Farwalker and Deadgirl', 'Professor Bones and Esmeralda' and 'Bizzare Tales! Gibbous Tendrils' (British punctuation), though I'm sure I'll get around to them.

An unbroken 5* run and a 'Favorite author' notation. Now I'll just have to wait. But you definitely deserve a lauding comment before I shuffle along.

Really good writing (we're talking Grantville Gazette double plus level and still improving), nice yarns (always leave them wanting more, eh?) and nitty gritty (very humanity-for-good-and/or-bad infested) worlds.

If you turned your hand to military science fiction, you'd make serious money from me. Thank you for the ride.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
So excellent as usual

The way you weaved the cultural stuff in there was crazy. Only a gifted writer does that. It’s nice how people want you to profit from your stories. That’s the real sign, when people are so entertained and touched by your stories that they feel guilty at getting them for free. I’m the same way, and we all feel such a personal affection for you for giving us these stories, we want you to be rewarded. It’s a cool human emotion. Thanks! Always a 5. Ed

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Reads just as well second time around

Excellent story. The explanation of the Guardian mythology gives an uplift to the entire series. Derek's character development is superb; very moving scene with he and Monster. Not enough stars to punch in for this one.

muze1602muze1602over 5 years ago
Reads really well the 5th time around.

Love the whole series but this resonates as I'm Polynesian.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dani is a gem

An absolutely great story. Flow is great, characters draw you in. You just feel for the young couple as the figure everything out.

Story fits well after The Marker, the Monster and Shameless.

Keep up the great work.

jneric2691jneric2691about 5 years ago
I have to admit

I will be really sad when I read the last "Shack" story. I hope they continue, they have been the most entertaining stories I have ever read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
<3

Faafetai, for sharing your stories.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Was waiting for monster

Good series

Enough said

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 5 years ago
Mmmmm

God, I love your stories. Even fourth time round.

I see you, Nkosi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A part of the larger story

Up front let me tell you that you are a very gifted writer...one of the very best on this site. This particular story is not as compelling as others you have written since it’s “off the beaten trail”, so to speak. However it is a necessary story in the shack universe. Keep writing, and thank you!!

shadowjack17shadowjack17about 4 years ago
If you need to vent

I personally used to be "Needles" until they made me "Hollywood". Minus the drug thing for Needles which makes him totally one of ours.

Just saying. I can feel it. If you want to vent or just talk I'm here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ain't gonna lie

I got a bit of a shiver up my spine on page 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This was a reread...

All of Todd172's work is a quantum leap above about just about anything else on this site, and his stories really can't be scored using the Lit scale. I do get tired of the misuse of pronouns, which for some is a form of virtue signaling, but it is really just a bad writing habit. I also weary of the "Xena, the Warrior Princess, characters in so many stories, including this one. Perhaps the writers are feminized males or have a semi-closeted dominatrix fetish, but in real life a female "cop" is actually only worth about 50% of a policeman. The disparity is even worse in combat arms in the military. The "Warrior Princesses" in this story were the main negative. But, the character development and plot were so well executed that the story still deserves a 10.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Some of the best

You do such an excellent job of character development, and create drw6such interesting characters that your stories are always a joy to read for me. 5* is a far as I can go but you deserve more.

anonjerry

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Great

This was a great chapter to the series. Keep on Truckin'!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fucki g fantastic!

This is the third or fourth time I have read this, hasn’t gotten stale yet! The research to understand Hawiain tradition and language & utilize it as an integral to understanding Derek & Monster is compelling, frankly stunning for this free story board.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow!

This could be a longer novel and if it is ever to be made into a movie, I would go to see it.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Not enough adjectives!

Wonderful Story, loved it!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
criticism

Your stories are well written and well balanced between love, adventure and the bad guys getting their's. Don't listen to criticism about your story or subject matter. The skill of the writer is what it's all about. A good writer transports the reader into the story and immerses him in the story's reality. Of course you and your wife already know that. Keep listening to her and keep writing.

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 3 years ago
Bloody brilliant!

The Shack is definitely one of the best series on this site.

Thanks heaps bro.

EJ

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago

Another good story.Why did they not check on Judge Parker and why she gave Montana bail?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow!!!! AGAIN

I am loving this series. Thank you, Tom

muskyboymuskyboyabout 3 years ago

Best of the series, 5/5! Thanks

Pappy7Pappy7almost 3 years ago

I have read this several times and noticed this time that I had not commented on this particular story. As with all of you "Shack" tales and even some of the others, this type of story resonates with me. Although I am not this type of death incarate I wouldn't mind if I was. I always look forward to seeing your name on a new story and never get tired of reading them again. I am not sure that I have scored anything less than a 5 on any of them. No wimps here. The women would even make you pee your pants if pushed enough.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

Loved it! Great story

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
4184 Followers
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...