All Comments on 'The Shadow Doctor Ch. 03'

by TehCorinthian

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome

This is a fantastic story, and I'm really enjoying exploring control with you, but I can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Extraordinary

Compelling reading.

I've never waited or anticipated the next installment of story as I have this one & I've read Literotica for 15 or twenty years now.

Truly extraordinary writing & storytelling.

Thank you.

TehCorinthianTehCorinthianover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

High praise, thanks. I'll try and keep it up. Next chapter probably going up in early January if I had to guess at the moment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Facinating Story!

Another great installment! I will be eagerly awaiting the next one. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome

This is the best story I've read on lit in memory! Really looking forward to January now ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So glad

So glad you are still writing can't wait for more of your work. Also glad that you are not turning this into a love story it is refreshing even if they evolve into more than they are now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A period piece or not.

I realize most folks are not here to gain a better understanding of the late Yuan or early Ming dynasties. However, if you're going to take the risk of presenting a story as a period piece I would recommend refraining from using idioms such as "that sucks."

TehCorinthianTehCorinthianover 7 years agoAuthor
Period piece/slang

Since it's a foreign/alternate world setting, I feel that everything is being translated anyway. The best idiom to use are the ones that are the most clear and relevant. If I was writing a story set in the 1960s, where we know the slang used at the time, I would try to research and accomplish that to some extent. Since this is a fantasy medieval China, I don't feel like translating to 1920s or 50s or Victorian English is any more valid than 2016 English.

I understand there's a convention of using slightly more formal/old-timey language when writing about time periods in the past, but I think that's just a convention. People in the past used slang all the time, which gradually made it into the language - that's how languages evolved. We don't see that because the records we have from the past are necessarily more formal since they're written records, so they don't include as much slang (though Shakespeare for instance used tons of slang).

That being said, I have been trying to write Tam as a bit more stiff and formal in his language than Yelena. Yelena should generally feel free to say that things suck. Tam will usually say they're 'unpleasant' or something similar. If there are occasional breaks in that pattern, it's a mistake on my part. The exception is talking about sex, where Tam enjoys using crude words to humiliate Yelena. If he were courting a wife, he wouldn't dream of telling her to 'fuck your sloppy pussy on my cock' or the other ways he speaks to Yelena.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Enjoyable

This is thoroughly enjoyable, I love reading this tale, and very much look forward to seeing where it goes.

Keep it up!

TehCorinthianTehCorinthianover 7 years agoAuthor
Next chapter submitted

Next chapter is in. Should be live in ~3 days based on Lit's usual patterns. Thanks for waiting, I hope you enjoy it when it shows up. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous