The Sins of the Fathers Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He sat there stunned, staring at the splatter all over her wall. Shit, I've got to get that cleaned off, his mind raced.

Frantic, he looked down at his daughter. Now her eyes were shut tight; but, he was almost sure they'd been open before.

Well, of course, they must have been. That's what sent me over the edge.

He gently shook her shoulder, "Are you awake, Nikki?" She pushed his hands away, mumbling something he couldn't quite make out.

He'd barely caught her sleepy words; but, what he thought he'd heard, scared the hell out of him. To his ears, it'd sounded like she mumbled, "Did I do it right, Daddy?"

He got up and leaned over her, pulled the covers back up, and softly kissed her forehead. Hovered, then lovingly kissed her warm sleeping lips.

For the briefest moment, it was almost like a daddy's kiss once again.

Jack sighed and reached down, recovering the giant stuffed bear from the floor. He looked at it, smiled, pulled back the covers, and rolled it into position against his daughter's petite body. Her hand came up to wrap around its neck hugging it gently as if to say, "Oh, there you are!" She rolled into the bear, bringing a leg up across it like a lover. Jack covered them both with the quilt.

As he got his breath back, he carefully rose from the bed as if just the squeak might accidentally wake her when after all he had done she had not stirred. He reached the hall and leaned against the door frame, not looking back. Like most men, he always found his needs more manageable after sex than before.

Once more he aloud swore under his breath, "I will never do that again!" I guess saying it out loud makes it an oath!

A sudden draft breezed down the hallway and he shivered involuntarily. The cause? Nerves, cold, fear, or conscience? At that precise moment, he sure as hell didn't know which.

Sometimes, I wonder if the road to Hell is really paved with good intentions, or simply failed resolutions 'never to do it again.'

Jack Grant was so shaken by what had transpired that he forgot about the cleaning wall behind her bed.

***** Chapter End note: Please take a moment and score the chapter. Feedback is like feeding the author.

To score it, just hover your cursor over one of the stars below, they will turn Golden, chose a rating you feel is appropriate, and click. Thanks!!!

12