The Sins of the Fathers Ch. 30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You gonna get rid of the evidence picture?"

Chief Petty Officer Michelson smiled his biggest 'I am such a guy' smile as he looked at the bosun. Jesus, I love girls with guns!

The bosun laughed out loud,."Yeah, I thought so." But, it's your ass if you get caught--not mine!

Eyes sparkling, Nikki twittered excitedly, "Oh My God, we just got a ticket from the United States Coast Guard for being so cute we're a hazard to navigation!"

Mac immediately hung her PFD on the mast, too.

They both scrambled down the companionway ladder. "Daddy, did you hear? Look!" She handed Jack the citation and inspection like it was a grade card.

Jack read it aloud and announced, "Well, it certainly sounds like you two made quite the impression!"

"So, now can we have a beer?" Mac asked. Just because we're beautiful!

The two dads looked at each other and Spencer laughed. "Yeah, I think maybe you can." Just because you're both beautiful.

MacKenzie looked over at Tammy, who raised her hand and said, "Don't look at me, I'm not wearing orange shorts and a Hooter's Shirt. You guys can get your own beers."

Jessica got the beers for MacKenzie and Nikki.

No one told the girls to put on their PFDs. Everyone moved up to the cockpit; and, the girls never covered up.

Jack and Spencer sipped a second or maybe third beer as the sun began setting. The girls had just come back on board from swimming off the bow of the ketch. They noticed an inflatable 25-foot Coast Guard Defender-Class Runabout round the bend in the river at a smart pace. It made for them: and the girls slipped tummy-exposing tee shirts on above their bikini bottoms.

The boat slid up smoothly as the Coastie tossed Nikki a line to tie off. Chief Petty Officer Michelson grabbed hold of the wooden cap rail to steady the lighter coast guard boat against the anchored ketch.

He looked at the dads, specifically at Jack Grant. "Sir, we'd like to invite ... that is, the United States Coast Guard would like to extend an invitation to these two young ladies for a familiarization ride-along. We're headed up to the Cape Foulweather lighthouse about four-miles north on the coast. If they'd like, we would consider it an honor to take them out. It's sunset; and, it would be informative, good public relations." He glanced over at Nikki. "And absolutely beautiful."

He looked back at Jack and Spencer. "Sir, they'd be perfectly safe and we'll have them back just after sunset, maybe thirty minutes after—more or less. It will still be twilight."

Jack Grant cocked an eyebrow. "We value these two young ladies above anything else in the world. Do you understand?"

Michelson cleared his throat. "Yes, Sir! I would, too. I mean, I understand, Sir; you have my word they'll be safe with us and have a good time."

Jack paused. Nikki and Mac thought their hearts would stop beating. "Girls?"

Heads nodded affirmative. "Then, okay. But first, go below and get something warm to wear."

"Sir, the cabin of the Runabout is heated; they won't get cold." He smiled. "They can bring their own PFDs since they seem to fit them well, if I remember correctly." Although, we may have to check the fit. They can be unsafe if not properly adjusted.

"It's a nice night, Dad." Nikki intervened, "Well be fine; won't we, Mac?" MacKenzie nodded her head, Yes.

Then she added, "Please, Daddy?"

Spencer laughed. "Hell, You're only young once. Everybody have a good time." He turned his gaze to the other Coastie. "Young man?"

"Yes, Sir! Petty Officer Thomas, Sir."

"Petty Officer Thomas, you're white."

"No, Sir, I'm a member of the United States Coast Guard."

"My daughter is black."

Petty Officer Thomas took a deep breath, looking Spencer directly in his eyes, "Sir, may I speak freely?"

"You may."

"Sir, I do not mean to offend you. You're black! If you choose to describe yourself as 'black', who am I to disagree. Your daughter, Sir, is not black! Your daughter, Sir, is hot!"

Tammy burst out laughing. Top that one, High and Mighty Attorney Daddy!

Absolutely mortified, Mac stared at her dad; she closed her eyes, praying, Please Dad ... Please, Daddy, do the right thing--just this once.

"Well, young man, there's only one of her!" He pointed to Mac and she smiled.

Petty Officer Thomas acknowledged the implicit warning, "Yes, Sir! I believe you, because I've never met anyone like her. She's unique," he looked at her, "one of a kind." He turned back to Spencer. "A pearl of great value, Sir."

Spencer held his hand out; Petty Officer Thomas took it.

"Do we have an understanding?" Spencer asked.

"We do, Sir." They shook hands.

Both fathers got more beer out of the icebox as the Runabout roared away. Handing bottles to Jessica and Tammy, he and Jack tapped their dripping wet frosted-bottles together. "Here's to trying to be a good father."

Tammy and Jessica looked across the cockpit at each other. They brought their two bottles together in a clink. The toast was nearly the same. "Well, here's to trying!"

Jack looked up at the darkening sky in the back of the bay; the moon was beginning to rise—a huge full summer moon. A great white heron rolled in gracefully and lighted on the boat, taking up a position on the stainless-steel railing of the bowsprit. It was a beautiful and serene moment.

The boat rocked gently in the wake of the receding Runabout. The heron perched on the railing remained unmoved and unperturbed.

Jessica glanced over at Tammy and nodded slightly; right on cue, Tammy tugged on Spencer's sleeve. "Come on, you; let's give them some privacy; besides, I haven't thanked you yet for our night at 'The Inferno'. Time to practice those hot new dance moves you learned." Maybe, we'll try the one called 'doggin!'

"The forward cabin's yours, guys."

Jessica sat there with Jack, watching the moon start its rise. Finally, she cleared her throat. "Jack, am I important to you?"

He sat the beer down, taking her hands in his. "I hope you already know the answer to that question; but, if you need to hear it, Yes, you're very important to me." Where's this going?

"I haven't asked for much, Jack; I haven't tried to change you."

"No, you haven't." Yet!

"For some reason, I need to know I matter to you. To know that, I need three things."

He smiled. "Just three?" This sounds serious.

She frowned at him, her eyes fixing him as he sat. "You'd better listen before you smile, Jack Grant."

"Okay." Uh-oh!

"First--and I say this as your lover, not a wife or a mom. You do understand that this thing with Nikki can't go any further?" Not one fucking-inch further, Jack Grant!

He swallowed. 'Can't go any further.' I think can live with that. Mainly because I just fucked her. But the fact that it's a secret means I can't tell you about that; Nikki made me promise not to tell you, in particular. Thank God!

"Jack, do you understand how lucky you've been? You haven't crossed any lines that can't be uncrossed. You haven't gotten caught, in spite of your monumental stupidity and risk-taking; and, I'm the one person in this world you could've met, who could know this about you and not be all grossed- out."

"So, are you still considering fucking Nikki?" There's only one right answer here, lawyer!

"No, I'm not still considering fucking Nicole." Jack carefully repeated the exact words she'd used. Technically true. Now that I have fucked her, I'm no longer considering it. Sorry, it's a 'fait accompli'-- a done deed!

"Really?" Hmmm! That actually sounded honest.

She hesitated for a moment, but decided to go ahead. "Jack, I need to apologize for taking Nikki shopping. I didn't know about your ... um ... weaknesses ... or ... activities, when I helped her pick out the white dress and sandals. When I drove her back to your office, so she could show off her new look, I had no idea I was feeding a fantasy of yours. My mistake! I wasn't trying to tempt you further or show her how to tempt you." Nicole didn't tell me, who she was trying to look grown up for!

"I know."

"Jack?"

He held up his hand, "Jessica, there's just six weeks of summer left; then, she's off to college in the big city on the rivers. I can resist anything for six weeks." He crossed his heart. Hear me, Oh God; and, give me strength! With just a little luck, it might even be true!

"You sure?" Pretty bold talk for someone, who didn't make it more than a night or two with your earlier promises to stop. Still, you seem to mean it. Do I give you the benefit of the doubt? Are you strong enough to resist the temptation of the new and improved Nikki?

Jack raised his right hand like an oath and nodded, but his thoughts belied that confidence. Nope! Not a chance in Hell!

Jessica seemed satisfied with his answer. She moved on. "Second, this boat needs a name change. It draws too much attention to your relationship with your daughter."

"I didn't name this boat; and, it wasn't named for Nikki. But, okay."

He watched her forehead furrow; that meant she was thinking. Jack needed for this line of inquiry to end and quickly. This family has too many secrets.

"This boat was Jennifer's--Nikki's mom. She signed it over to me as part of the divorce settlement. It paid off a loan, which I made her to send her to Law School; I didn't ask to be paid back, but Jennifer insisted. The boat's was already named when it became mine. 'Nuff said!"

"I didn't know that; I just assumed. My bad! But, it still needs a new name. Does Nikki know it wasn't named for her?"

"She's always believed I named it for her; but I didn't. I just never had the heart to tell her. Maybe it's time. Do you have a suggestion for a name?" Nikki may understand, based on what her mom told her about grandpa; so, maybe this is a good time to rename the boat--after all. Two birds with one stone.

"I thought, 'Pon Farr' might be an appropriate name," Jess offered. "But, that's just my suggestion. Any other name will do."

"Ours is not just 'Vulcan fuck lust', Jessica. What's between us is more than that."

She smiled. "I sort of figured that when I kept coming back every night, rather than every seven years."

"Which brings us to the third thing." Jessica hesitated; then reached out, touching the gold band around a finger on his left hand. "You need to take this ring off, Jack Grant."

Sighing, he sat back and took a sip of beer. Jack looked at his hand, a single-father's best friend. He hesitated then removed the ring from his finger, examining it as it lay in his palm. It's such a small thing; and it's a very reasonable request from a lover. This gold band has been on my finger for more than eighteen years. It seems an integral part of me after all that time. Is it?

He grabbed her hand. "Come with me."

Thy got up and worked their way down the boat; and, he stopped port-side midships. Jack took her in his arms at the railing, put the ring in her hand, closed her fist, and extended her hand out over the water. Free me, Jessica! You may be stronger than I am! I hope to God Almighty that you're stronger than I am.

She turned in his arms to face him, her hand between them; and, still holding the ring tightly, closed in a fist. "Jack! This isn't my decision to make for you. You have to do this; you have to act. You can't wait for someone to do it for you."

She took the ring and put it back in his open hand. Turning, she kissed him on the cheek; and, whispered into his ear, "Know that I'm here for you. If you still want me, all you have to do is let go, Jack. Just, open your hand! Let it go!"

"If this will help, I want you to think about something. It's a small thing, but I think it will help you see what I'm trying to say. That first night in the back of the theater, this ring was on the hand that held my head down till I swallowed. The first time you slid your fingers into me on the couch, this ring was on one of those fingers. The first time you ever held your hand over my mouth, so I wouldn't make too much noise, this ring was on your finger. The first time you ever opened my sex to eat me, this hand had this ring on when you held me open so you could enjoy my taste."

"And, Jack, every time you touched Nikki, this ring was there bearing silent witness." You should just be glad this ring can't testify!

"This ring has been inside your wife, your daughter, and now your lover. This ring was on your hand as that hand pulled orgasm-after-orgasm from you in the fantasies of the last four years. This ring knows you." It KNOWS you, Jack Grant!

"Is it that 'precious' to you that you can't let it go?"

She turned from Jack, working her way back down the boat to the cockpit and finally picked up her beer. As she closed her eyes and took a sip, she heard a distinct small splash as the ring hit the water, sinking quickly from the sight of man. Well, I'll be damned! I wasn't sure he could being himself to do that. Maybe there's hope.

Jack made his way back to the cockpit. I can't believe I just did that!

At that precise moment the Coast Guard Runabout rounded the bend in the river, making for 'Daddy's Girl'. It pulled smartly up next to her; and, as the two Coasties held it steady, MacKenzie and Nicole boarded the anchored sailboat. Each was wearing a brand new US Coast Guard ball cap.

Chief Petty Officer Michelson handed Nikki a card. "This has my personal cell-phone number. Next time you're coming to the Coast to sail, call me. We'll see if we can get you a ride on the 52-footer. You'd have a great time."

Nikki bent down and Michelson kissed her. MacKenzie waited till they were finished; then, bent down for a kiss from Petty Officer Thomas.

Jack cleared his throat and the two young enlisted men snapped upright. "Back as promised, Sir! Beautiful night isn't it?"

Jack looked at the two young women and their dates. "Indeed, it is." Watching as the Runabout receded into the darkness, he stood with the girls at the rail until they couldn't hear its motors any more.

Eyes-shining, Nikki and MacKenzie turned to Jack. "They gave us their phone numbers," Nikki announced happily.

Jack fought a small smile, asking, "Did you guys have a good time?"

They both nodded their heads. As they started down the companion way, MacKenzie looked back at Jack. "This might be the best day in my whole life, Uncle Jack."

Nikki added, "Mine too, Daddy. Oh My God, they're sooooo hot. And, they even gave us their caps to keep."

" 'Night, girls, the salon is yours. Spencer and Tammy are forward in the V-berth; Jessica and I will take the cockpit bed."

" 'Night, Daddy."

" 'Night, Uncle Jack."

Then two voices, " 'Night Jessica."

It was Jessica, who responded. " 'Night, girls. Dream of young men in tight blue uniforms." Or, out of the tight blue uniforms and stark naked!

Both girls laughed. There was much giggling and hushed whispering, till they shut off the cabin lights.

His arm over her shoulders, Jack sat with Jessica watching the moon rise over the river and the bay.

A few minutes later, the first colorful sky-burst lit the heavens, followed by the first first explosive boom. It was the start of the of the Newport, July 4th fireworks display. The serenity of the quiet night was shattered as everyone scrambled back up on deck from below. One after another, colorful explosions would tear open the sky, followed by a loud echos of the detonation of a round. Emergency flares from boats in the marinas shot skyward, rising maybe a hundred feet at most, as captains used the excuse to get rid of old flares on the Fourth of July. Red smoke and floating parachute-flare rounds lit the lower sky over the boats.

Everyone could hear the throaty 'Bawump' of fireworks being launched from steel tubes, then seconds later a blaze of color would light the sky. It was like being near a great sea battle. Life on a boat at its romantic best; everyone sat close, wrapped in one another's arms. Sporadic outbursts of cheering were heard after particularly good combinations of colors and sparkling-star effects.

Across the fleet of anchored boats, there arose one huge final cheer; and, a few boats blared their horns or rang their ship's bell for the last complex multi-colored burst sequence. Then, darkness returned; once more, moonlight flooded the bay and river. The battle was over; and, all was quiet and peaceful. Smoke lazily drifted on the light breeze out to sea.

The rocket's red glare, indeed. Happy Birthday America!

MacKenzie held Nicole in her arms; and, kissed Nikki on the neck, whispering, "Hey, check everyone out! It's kinda sweet."

In the moonlit silence, Nikki glanced around. Her dad held Jessica tightly, nuzzling her neck. Spencer had his arms around Tammy with his hands under her top. That's holding too ... I guess. Everyone has someone. Even us!

She looked back over her shoulder to MacKenzie, who simply kissed her. When Mac broke the kiss, she simply said, "It's Independence Day!" You know ... Independence Day, girlfriend!

Nikki snuggled in her arms, murmuring softly, "Yeah, I guess it is."

Mac grinned impishly. "So, did you bring the toy?" Nikki glanced around at everyone and nodded to her.

"Who gets to wear the Coast Guard ball cap, you or me?" Nikki giggled.

MacKenzie stood, grabbed Nikki by the arm and dragged her below. Spencer and Tammy disappeared below, too. The boat and the bay quieted.

About half-an-hour later--maybe a little more--Jack went below and rummaged about in one of the storage holds, especially careful not to wake the two naked young women lying together in each other's arms. It was a sweet considerate gesture, but totally wasted; both girls were only pretending to be asleep.

When he emerged, he held a small folded black flag. Motioning to Jessica, he made his way forward. As she followed, he unfolded the flag. It had a black background, embossed with a design depicting a pirate captain, a standing skeleton, and a single large goblet; they both held the goblet aloft, raised in a toast.

"So, 'Miss I've ALMOST Got A Masters Degree'--expert in movies, how much do you know about pirates and their flags?"

"I know about pirate movies. What about their flags?"

He smiled. "Then you may not know that there are about 16 different kinds of flags called pirate flags. Each kind of flag tells a story about the pirate, flying it."

As he talked, he attached the black flag to the flag-halyard amidships and ran it up to the first spreader. It unfurled in the moonlight.

"The ones with a skull and crossed sabers meant, 'We intend to board you and will fight on deck for your ship. We'll kill you if we have to. We intend to take you as a prize.'

"The ones with a skull and crossbones meant, 'We'll kill every one on board and sink your ship."

"Put the skull and crossed sabers on a red flag and you get, 'The scuppers on your ship will run with blood!' "

She pointed to the one, waving gently under the spreader.

"Nope, smart girl. You've got to earn this essential sailing trivia rating! What pirate movies do you know?"

She smiled. 'Blackbeard', 'The Crimson Pirate', 'Pirates of the Caribbean'--parts I and II only; the rest of that series doesn't count." Then, she added, "Oh yes, and 'Peter Pan'."

Jack raised his eyebrow. Peter Pan?

"It counts because of Captain Hook," she zinged back, defending her choice. "And let's see, there's 'Treasure Island', 'Captain Blood', 'The Sea Hawk', 'The Buccaneer', 'The Black Swan', 'The Princess and the Pirate', 'Captain Kidd', and 'Against All Flags' with Maureen O'Hara as Pirate Captain 'Spitfire Stevens'."