All Comments on 'The Slap'

by SpiceNWolf

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fiction Fine Fact Wrong

As erotic fantasy fiction fine. But if this were reality and I saw some man do this to a woman I would call the police. Oh and if the fucker did not want to wait until the police got there, my posse and I would force him to wait with guns drawn. Now how much of the above is fiction you'll just have to figure out? But as for your dominant: know this, you slap any woman's face in public and REAL men who do not get off on abusing women or seeing women abused will stop you.

Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
Could split the camp!

It's funny out of all the BDSM practises, face slapping in my experience causes the most debates. I personally do not have a problem with it but for some it's a hard limit, others a despicable practise. I would agree that in public it may cause problems, but the author(s) here go to great lengths to say "when it was too public a place, he would pinch me or force me to look into his eyes instead", the only real slap that occurred in the presence of others was at a BDSM themed event, where I'm sure other practises were on public show anyway, and a slap would be unlikely to provoke the reaction imagined by anon.

I enjoyed the story and thought it was nicely written, the confusion displayed by spice over why a face slap was different to a spanking showed a real understanding of emotion and feelings.

Well done and i look forward to more of your stories.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
To me

A face slap is the ultimate mark of disrespect. It probably goes back to the days of old when if you challenged someone to a duel you slapped his face with a glove.

I absolutely hate the practice and have never and will never do it. It is akin to assault in my book.

And I have stepped in when I have seen it in public too, so agree with both previous comments.

Now.....

Slapping a lovely upturned female posterior however......

North200North200almost 10 years ago
Safe, sane and consensual...

So I'm fine with the concept of a slap. I agree with a previous comment that doing it in public is an excellent way to get one's ass kicked and/or get arrested (police are required to press charges in situations of domestic violence, at least in my jurisdiction). Having said that, they're both adults, both informed and both freely consenting so I have no ethical objections. I liked the 'forcing her to meet his disapproving gaze' method of correction better - it seemed more intimate and more powerful. The story was certainly a change of pace from the usual fare...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Interesting

I can honestly say it is interesting how face slapping can be made into an issue. My Dominate will slap me across the face for various reasons, granted never in public always in private. But I just find it to be interesting how is seems to be a controversial issue in the BDSM world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Consent and Abuse?

Consensual BDSM is not abuse, by definition in BDSM participants engage in activities that might be considered abuse if non consensual, but which are welcomed. Spanking, bondage, subs on their knees before fully dressed Doms, blood play, cutting, caning, mauling, biting, choking to asphyxia, flesh hooking... Oh my. Yes, committed as non consent, all might result in jail. As for public-ness - story states this was not public, but private play space, with naked folks standing around tying each other up, presumably managed by dms or moderators and all aware that one does not interfere with a scene between consenting players. Good exploration of the emotional and intellectual difference between spanking, and the oddly more edgy idea of slapping. And clear a good piece, if only for the discussion evoked.

SpiceNWolfSpiceNWolfalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Author's note

This is a true story, written by a loving sub, and edited by a devoted Dom. How do you punish a sub who craves order and discipline, but is excited by pain? A gentle slap in a private space puts me back on the path that I love. Far from being humiliating, correction by the man who loves me reminds of the choice I made, and continue to make every day. To belong to him. ~spice~

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
Re authors note

Facial expression, tone of voice, body language, use of words, all very effective methods of conveying annoyance if used correctly.

Often they are far more effective purely because of the lack of physical violence.

I can assure you that mental domination can be a very effective weapon in the armoury.

But each to their own as they say and slapping is not for me.

Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
Re MJ's comment and authors note

There are indeed far more effective ways for some people, whilst i don't have a problem with face slapping, as MJ says a stern look or a disappointed look for example worked far better for me, but as the author says its the way that worked for them.

It is funny how such a seemingly "tame" practise in a private situation can arouse so many different feelings.

I still loved this story and the amount of discussion it has invoked is testament to the authors.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago

The title jarred me, and I started to move on. I chose to read this based on the strength of other works by this author duo. It is another wonderfully strong demonstration of the incredible bond that can be found in this little corner of the world. It is SS and Consensual. It works for them. The story provides a thoughtful look at the subject. The caring strength of their love shines through.

And with all of that acknowledged, it left me teary eyed and needing a peppermint to settle my stomach. I am among those for whom a face slap would be a company parting event. My bottom, my arm, my leg, my assorted others parts...are parts...strike my face in any way, or at any strength, and you have struck ME.

So, while this was not for me, I can still appreciate the beauty and strength of the totality of them that makes this work. Well done, SpiceNWolf.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The Stern Look

I hope next time the authors will come to their senses and recognize that lit is no place to experiment with challenging thoughts and that they should really know better than to write anything that approaches, much less pushes, the clearly established boundaries and expectations of the Lit Critics. Really, all stories should stick to graphic descriptions of missionary sex, between married heterosexual couples, conducted properly at night, while cloths, and in darkened bedrooms. This really would have been much better if they had focused on using a more appropriate punishment, such as requiring sentence writing, or perhaps - and only if clearly consensual - the might have used "A Stern Look" as the premise, to avoid challenging anyone. Yes, that would have certainly been better.

Well written story. Well structured, and wonderfully told, as are your other works. It Deserves a better rating, but I think people are reacting to the subject, and to their visceral personal opinion of the idea of slapping vs the quality of the work. I will give them all a stern look, and perhaps a tongue lashing. Oh wait, I already did that, didn't i...

Thanks You, and please keep writing and please keep ignoring the bounds of prudery, it makes for wonderful fun.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
ANON 'The Stern Look'

Look to yourself and find something YOU don't care for...does that opinion make YOU a prude? Yeah, probably not. What a simplistic label that gets thrown about so easily.

Obviously, many folks tossed out votes and never commented. That is the unfortunate norm on Lit. Having mature comments as to why a story was difficult for readers can only be helpful, even when the author heartily disagrees with those opinions. 'That sucks or I got off' add little value. Critics of critics are better served addressing the original discussion. Give us your Ode to Face Slapping...

You might also note that those who commented generally also expressed appreciation for the quality of the piece, even if not liking all the content. And just so ya know, I scored high even though I loath slapping because it is a well written story.

Kitty_Katt_Kitty_Katt_almost 10 years ago
There is no such thing as a bad review

For even those that despise the thought of a face-slap, it opens up the opportunity for conversation. And there is nothing wrong with listening to both sides (those that do, and those that don't). Expanding your viewpoint, allowing that others are different, and that there is no right or wrong as long as people stand by the credo of safe, sane and consensual.

I love your writing, and I see much of you in this. (smiles) Reading this made me remember my first, and subsequent. This was a hard limit for me early on; and yet, I have to say, that He and I both grew; he gained my trust to know what was right, and I grew to know that I would always be safe with him. This act is not unlike any other; people have strong feelings about a wide variety of kinks, punishments, sexual acts. What is right and good for one, would never work for another. Together a D/s couple works out and works on limits, both soft and hard.

Thank you for writing, and SHARING this lovely piece of your life. xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Beautiful connection between the dom and sub - layers of intricate understanding portrayed exceptionally well

Raybies93Raybies939 months ago

Spanking my woman in full view of the public never occurred to me, but that scene was hot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous