All Comments on 'The Society Ch. 02 - Control'

by Midnight_owl21

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
irish_crazeirish_crazealmost 6 years ago

I'm still confused as to how Ethan knows who Kodi is. I mean it seemed like they were going to be old lovers or something. However, that's not the case; I get why Kodi would maybe know his name, as he is the president. That section about knowing each other's names has thrown me. Maybe that will explain itself later, not sure. I'm digging this story though. I wonder what Cyro is and what are Miller and Fran up to?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Like the previous person I also thought that Kodi and Ethan would have been childhood friends or something. The end of the last chapter hinted that but went nowhere.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Editor, Proofreader, or Beta Reader

Having someone else read your work helps catch typos and inconsistencies. Since you know what you meant, your mind subconsciously makes corrections instead of reading what is actually on the page, letting errors slip through.

For example, Kodi wakes up on the table blindfolded, yet Ethan gazes into her eyes while she cowers from his icy glare. That's quite a trick through a blindfold. Days later, he finally removes the blindfold and she sees his face for the first time, but didn't she already see that icy glare of his? So Kodi saw his icy glare in a previous chapter, yet this is the first time for his face?

In films, this would be handled by the Continuity Director. In a Western once, I saw a wild horse rear up, and then there was a shot of a horse silhouetted against the sky wearing a full English bridle including double bits and reins, only to have that bridle mysteriously disappear by the time the horse settled back on all four feet. Obviously they had used a stock file clip of rearing horse without actually watching it. Hysterically funny, the kind of blooper that thrills fans.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous