All Comments on 'The Song of Farwalker and Deadgirl'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
Todd172Todd172over 6 years agoAuthor
Not Quite Sure

...how this ended up in Erotic Couplings. That's two in a row that ended up here. I'd think it was rather more a fit for Loving Wives, Romance, Horror, or Non-Erotic. I originally submitted this to LW because there was what amounts to a broken "marriage" at the center of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

I read your story on another site. There was no gratuitous violence. Nothing is clean or pretty about warfare. 5*

Sidney43Sidney43over 6 years ago

Another gem of a story, another five.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

Another gem!

It's been a long time since I gave this a read for Todd, and had forgotten most of it.

Lit categories have gotten a little crazy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dude!

You come up with the greatest story lines. 5*

Dick

mountaincat4mountaincat4over 6 years ago
I liked it

Original, believable and compelling. You showed us a vignette of what life on this planet was like for the last million years or so. Brutal, harsh, opportunistic with one law: Only the strong survive. The world has been at war somewhere for my entire life and now we are once again living under a high probability of a nuclear exchange. Have we really come that far? 5*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Excellent

I enjoyed the story very much. Great storyline, to be followed one day? Who knows?

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Your stories continue to amaze me.

Thank you . The characters really came alive.

dinkymacdinkymacover 6 years ago
Great!!!

Thanks for sharing a super story! *****

Oh, btw, I'm so glad some webmaster is protecting my delicate sensibilities from too much violence. What a crock!

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 6 years ago
Great Yarn ! Period !

I love all of Todd172's creations , but this one holds a special place for me .

No matter which category Lit sticks it in , it's simply superb storytelling . Too bad it wasn't in LW simply because fewer eyes will see it .

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Jeez! Where can I buy your stories!

Compile your stuff and self-publish, if you haven't already. If you have, where can I get it?

By the way, I'd love to read the uncensored version of this. It reminds me of "Quest For Fire", (I always had a thing for Rae Dawn Chong!)

At any rate, once again, thanks for a great story. *****

green117green117over 6 years ago
liked it, of course...

oddly, the constraints of the language may have helped the starkness of the theme come through.

You could perhaps find (for commentator -1) an earlier version of this story on Some Other List.

Green-something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent read! 5 Stars. Hope you'll decide to continue their story. It would be fun to read of their travels, blooming love, some sex, and the making of a home of their own.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 6 years ago
@ Johntcooksey

The original story is on SOL ( storiesonline.net ) .

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
re Crkcppr

Thanks, I haven't searched too far past Literotica - I don't even have time to read everything I want to read there - but I'll most assuredly find it!

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Another Fine Tale From A Master!

Todd, your stories never disappoint! Thanks very much for letting this one out! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So few understand

It's hard to find authors even in Mainstream Lit who understand that rhythm and cadence are imperative for "The Voice" to reach its readers.

You are a rare find who should express these stories in a very different venue.

One where your talents would be rewarded with more than Gold Stars and lack of response from those who shamelessly enjoy your efforts without any recognition whether stars or comments.

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
I find it unbelievable

that you only started writing in June/16. Your talent is beyond belief. I have a feeling we'll be seeing you as a major novelist in years to come. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
My first time to read your work

I am blown away by your writing. Please accept my thanks for an amazing tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

That was excellent...

-jaye-

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Beautiful Storytelling

How did I miss this one about ten weeks ago?? The whole story seems like one big song.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 6 years ago
Delightful read

What an entertaining tale spun from the mind of an excellent storyteller.

Than you.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
Love this so much.

Talk about a gut reaction; this story had me going from tearing up to cheering. A simple tale, well told. It's impossible to resist cheering for a brave woman putting it all out there for her man.

oldpoet451oldpoet451almost 6 years ago
Excellent Tale

Thank you for another great story. I think you did justice AND respect to the Ancient Ones and the Pueblo societies in your tale.

jneric2691jneric2691about 5 years ago
I really like your style of storytelling.

Every one I have read, leaves me wanting more.

Thank you!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Read and enjoyed

Good story

Not in Louis lamour style but good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The civilizationally degenerate use of the cultural marxist "CE" in place of AD

is mindless. Nevertheless, this is a far better piece of writing than the vast majority of what we see on Lit. The author is quite a talent, and his wife must be very special, too, to contribute as she does.

jimjam69jimjam69about 3 years ago

Very very good. With great interest but little knowledge of Anasazi and pueblo Indians I have read much about them. I believe you have written a fair assessment of two who could have been during the tumultuous times. Very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You succeeded, most admirably

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

CE? Really? CE? What is wrong with you?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bloody interesting, I say and very well written. Bravo again Todd and Missus...!

OilcanjonOilcanjonover 1 year ago

FWIW. I ran across a thesis that speculated Mesoamericans, (Aztec, etc.) invaded and subjugated (and ate) the original people. Anazasi is a Navaho word, the original people are gone without a trace except for their Pueblos.

There are human remains (bones) showing the distinctive cut marks made by stone tools when an animal is butchered for meat. History of the Americas is around 23,000 years of one people subjugating or even exterminating the original inhabitants.

tinfoilhattinfoilhatover 1 year ago

Great story. Thanks.

Enygma7Enygma7about 1 year ago

Fantastic story.thoroghly enjoyed it

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

A wonderful and hideous story of both good and bad cultures. Not much different then what we have today if you look around the world at various happenings. Hopefully the righteous and virtuous will lead the way to true civility among all people.

KenL51160KenL5116011 months ago

Two of the more warlike peoples among Alaska Natives are the Haida and the Tlingit. Up to 20% of their male population were ready to fight at a moment's notice. Clan Grandmothers were close to absolute monarchs. Matriarchy.

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Excellent work. Thanks.

Calico75Calico756 months ago

Wonderful. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...