All Comments on 'The Store Room'

by restlessinsuburbia

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 13 years ago
Nice and lean

You've done this before, I think. I mean the writing. Your style is lean without being too stripped down, and that comes with practice. What I didn't understand, though, was Kat's motivation to cheat. Husband too bland? Jack too hot to ignore? Really, she debased herself with a scoundrel for no apparent reason. Why would a wife and mother do that? And I know there are no secrets in a hospital and you do, too, since your writing has a ring of nursing authenticity. Thought your sex scenes were well written. Hope to read more from you.

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23almost 13 years ago

So basically she almost threw away her entire life for a man who is not only a known womanizer but who has probably screwed half the nursing staff? All because she's "weak-willed" and he complimented her after a 12 hour shift?

It was well-written but the minute she brought him into their home, into their marital bed, I was hoping Robert would find out. She crossed way too many lines for her to get away with the affair.

Anonymous0Anonymous0almost 13 years ago

Well that's some character you have written about. A weak willed wife that has got away with having an affair at work and will now go on and have many more affairs after all she got away with it this time why not many more times? The husband will never know so it will never hurt him or the kids. That's how these things work out in these cheating husband and wife stories ins't it?

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 13 years ago
I enjoyed it

She wasn't the the first to have an affair and come to her senses, was she. Sometimes we slip and fall, and get back with noone the wiser. The realization that it may mean the marriage and screw up the kids is sobering.

Good story. Ignore the inarticulate comments. They don't count.

kingleonidasskingleonidassalmost 13 years ago
Very Charming

Liked how she turned it around and saved herself. Excellent writing. No extravagant language or sex scenes. Down to earth. What's next?

fregenfregenalmost 13 years ago
Amazing Double Standard

She is upset that Jack cheated on her while she was cheating on Robert. Gosh, isn't that a tad bit...hypocritical?<P>

So this is it? She has come to her senses and will never cheat again? Hard to know for sure, since you never gave us her motivations, but I kind of doubt it. Did you notice the smug distain she holds Robert in? 'I would know if he cheated but he is too stupid to realize I am cheating.' And that pretty much says it all. She has less respect for him now because he didn't figure it out. So little respect she brought Jack home to their marital bed. <P>

She cheated because she could, not because Robert was mistreating her. She will cheat again because she can. Not right away but it won't be long either. She will get bored, or angry, or just remember the fantastic sex she had with Jack and will do it again.<P>

This time, hopefully, she will continue to do enough stupid things that Robert will find out. He deserves better,<P>

Thanks for sharing.

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970almost 13 years ago
Adding my kudos to the pile

I loved the way you wrote the story. As many have said, the motivation for Kat cheating is a little murky but that's your choice to leave us guessing.

Folks have all kinds of unacknowledged unconscious motives swirling about in their hearts and minds until something external brings them into sharp relief.

My take is that things with Robert have become domestic cruise control where working spouses in demanding occupations see each other as emotional furniture amid the routine.

The kids become just another chore among the list.

Jack's just the charming, hard-bodied disposable cad to be Kat's playmate, only Kat can't just fuck Jack, she's got to be S*P*E*C*I*A*L to Jack as she and Robert have ceased to be for each other in her eyes at least.

A bit of a double standard there but Kat, like gamblers everywhere, gets off on the risk, not the reward. The rewards are sweet too, but really, it's the adrenaline spin-up that's addictive, everything else is just gravy in that scenario.

Jack could have some interesting issues as to why he's prowling around the hospital like a coyote looking for a loose house pet to snack on.

He's gotten enough play with "happily-married" women to know keeping a women satisfied is next to impossible on sex and ego-whipping alone. It's all sugar rush, no nutrition.

He knows the arc of affairs by this point. Excitement of seduction, picking her emotional locks with attention and blandishments. Fun getting her to do all sorts of tricks for him, then the realization. She doesn't want him forever, just to take the edge off the ennui with hubby. The dismissal and scuttling back to hubby.

Lather rinse, and repeat.

I couldn't take that more than a couple of times myself because I'd get emotionally invested and devastated when it didn't work out. He's pulled this routine many times.

He's not interested in building a home or family of his own as far as we the audience know. Does he see it as pointless, because of all the relationship BS he's seen?

A point to ponder, I guess

Do keep writing and kudos to your splendid effort!

brujaybrujayalmost 13 years ago
This story needs to have a conclusion

I liked the story, but I would like to see a better ending.....maybe another chapter?

Good for what it is. Please don't leave us hanging with just this. Please finish it.

Thank you for writing and sharing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why this story is different....

I'm amazed. The story is really well written both technically and thematically. You bring out so well the emotions that go with the temptations and with some of the consequences. But what really amazes me is the comments. This is the most thoughtful group of responses to any Literotica story I have read. And not one "burn the bitch" comment is to be found. That says something about a very well thought out and well written story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Typical "female" writer ....

Cover, excuse and shift blame for the cheating WHORE wife while finding a way to blame the husband. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him" .... right?!?

WRONG!!! Once she believes she has gotten away with "it", the wife will only be emboldened the next time another opportunity "cums" along. Lying to cover one spouse's betrayal of the other in order to "spare him from being hurt" is NEVER right and is one of the most idiotic excuses espoused on Cuckorotica! It is a cheater's way of justifying their despicable actions and a way for a cheating WHORE wife apologist writer to promote her CUCK agenda!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous