All Comments on 'The Stud'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 240 Comments
CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
So so..

Taylor didn't grab me as the hero, I felt the divorce was an overreaction but no doubt I will be in the minority. The writing just didn't grab me, even skimming through it got tedious. 3*

oshawoshawabout 10 years ago

Another riveting story from you. Thank you.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Good

One of the rare stories where common sense prevailed. There was something seriously wrong with Britney. No normal spouse would have sex with a dirt bag she just met at a party in her own house with her husband wandering around. It is a seriously screwed up situation, but I have seen things like this happen and indeed, the wife was anything but normal! Stay away from the mentally disturbed. If you marry one, you will be in for misery, if you have kids with one, you will ruin your life! He made the right decision, imagine how much worse it would be if they had stayed together, had kids and she did it again! Think ahead. She proved that she was not wife material.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
The Trust is gone.

Hubby did the right thing by divorcing her. Once the Trust is gone, the Love that holds a marriage together goes with it. This is more realistic than most tales on here. No OTT BTB Revenge. It was good to see Asshole get what was coming to him, though.

5 Stars.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
PEOPLE SEEM TO FORGET

a Stud also hold the home together, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
So Sad

Writing was excellent and the story moved well. The topic of broken trust is one most people have experienced. And though Taylor could possibly forgive Britney, the issue of trust would always be there.

user110user110about 10 years ago
not bad 'tall

post cunnilingus was very realistic. no bombastic, self-righteous hypocritical rhetoric, or misogynistic dementia. just a lot of sadness and logical thinking.

she cheated with a guy she didnt like, wasnt attracted to, at a party she was hosting, WITH HER HUSBAND HOME, and 40 other friends and neighbors wandering about the property. if she couldnt help herself in THAT situation, when could she?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
To err is human to forgive.........

What a lot of self righteous people read these stories. Nice to know there are so many people in the world who never made a mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Anonypuke

Fuck off anonypuke! Are you a priest or a social worker? Forgive my ass...

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 10 years ago
Great story...

... A rarely given, well deserved 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
There are no heroes

No heroes here, just real feelings of betrayal and loss. You could feel him wrestling with what to do when he talked with his friend in the bar. His revenge was helping Joy get away, does that make him a hero, no he did it for revenge. Was kicking the crap out of Skip revenge, maybe.

Britney was weak. Who would do that at a party? A self indulgent person.

Taylor made the hard choice and may his gut be true once more.

Felt very real, by far one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Puzzling. She just meets this greasy haired link and within minutes is so horny that she can't think straight?

Do you honestly believe women have that little self control? Then, the statement that he "hadnt made up his mind" regarding the infidelity when he clearly had from the very first moment.

I'm not saying he should stay with her, just be honest. At no point did he ever try to remember the good times or how much he loved her. All he would honk a out is how he can't trust her and considering the author, of course he couldn't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
really tired of people calling fucking someone a mistake. It isnt a mistake its a considered action.

She chose to be eaten while at a party in her own home. The action is to outrageous and in your face to be a mistake, it was a considered choice and total disrespect of herself, her husband, her marriage, and her guest. Dumping such a self centered slut that thinks with her cunt is the only option. Keeping her would require she be physically locked in a touch proof cage any time her husband was not immediately with her. After all he was there with her when she chose to be unfaithful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
good story

You appeared on the scene last June and each story just gets better and better. Your last series about the Fourth man was really good and this one is even better.

I tried to think like the husband and get my brain around forgiveness. Maybe his pride was hurt or maybe because the stud was such a low life he cannot stand to be with her. Fine story though keep them coming.

Mousse9Mousse9about 10 years ago
RE: Puzzling

"At no point did he ever try to remember the good times or how much he loved her."

Did she?

Like others have said, it was a greasy guy she didn't like, at a BBQ party in her own home, with her husband present.

Did she think about her marriage or her husband, or that other people could catch them at it?

"All he would honk a out is how he can't trust her and considering the author, of course he couldn't."

Let me correct that, "And considering her actions, ofcourse he couldn't."

Personally, I don't think that women are THAT weakwilled, especially with a guy she apparently doesn't like, but that's the facts of the story itself.

If she IS that weakwilled (and she is in the story), I wouldn't want to stay with her.

Hubby was correct on not being able to trust her again. It was WAY too easy for her to decide to cheat. No second thoughts, just do it.

Anyway, back to the story itself instead of commenters. There were some distracting typos. Enough to annoy me a bit.

I found it annoying that everybody and his dog told hubby that wifey loved him SOOOO much, and that they were SO GOOD together, etc etc. Absolutely nobody took his side in this. Nobody thought "Would I take her back if I were in his position? Has she done this before? Would she do it again?". No doubts, only "She's crying, you're good together, take her back, the end."

And despite all that pressure from friends and family, hubby decided to divorce, he stuck to his guns. That's what I call strongwilled.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good for him

he would always have to wonder and she did cheat knowingly and willingly. she took her vows and destroyed them easily in one night so she cant say she loves her husband. A woman like that you don't want to start a family with because you will always wonder.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
1

star

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

Good story overall. Wifey was way to quick to cheat, never mind doing it at home with hubby and all their friends around. No way could she ever be trusted again.

Joy's ex-fiancé showing up was to much of a stretch tho. She dumped him and ran off with a sleazebag yet years later he comes to take her home? To unbelievable in what was a pretty down to earth story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A sad story

That was all, just a sad story about two saddened people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A well written story.

And I usually like your stuff. But this was just depressing. I read stories here to be entertained. Like a previous commentator said - this just made me sad. It takes a strong, confidant person to overcome betrayal. Which is what Britney did to him when she let Skip have her. But he couldn't get over some oral sex? Not much of a man and obviously he didn't love Britney that much. Maybe something cheerful next time?

Sidney43Sidney43about 10 years ago

Most of the story was pretty good, but Taylor is an idiot and that ruined the story for me. As long as life is perfect he will be OK, but guess what, life is rarely perfect and Taylor is due for a series of bad days. I feel sorry for Britney, but Taylor is not a character that I can have empathy for.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 10 years ago
Candyass

I am amazed by the number of candyass wimp cocksucking girly men that this site attracks. They would forgive a slut bitch if she shit in their cornflakes and fed it them. Fucking amazing!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
Everyone thinks

the spouse that is cheated should always respond the same way. These stories would get dull if every man responded the same way to an unfaithful wife. A good story makes you understand how the characters feel. It doesn't have to make you agree with their decisions. This guy was believable. A lot of men would not have divorced her. Some would be able to forgive and forget. Some would throw it at her every time she pissed hubby off. Some guys simply would not be able to forgive. Readers often want every character to respond in the same fashion, but people are different. This solution worked for this character. He was not able to get past it. I can understand why. To me, that means it's a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not bad

Kudos for using realistic scenarios for Taylor's reaction and revenge efforts. But it kinda fell apart at the end. If their marriage was so great, and his love for her so strong, one would expect him to put more effort into healing than sitting around "thinking" for a few weeks. At least make him a little more sympathetic as a protagonist by adding counseling to the story, or some other story device that credits him with making some kind of effort. As it is, he just seems wrapped up in himself and his self pity for being wronged.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
well written

Your story was very well written and unlike the majority of stories I usually see on here. This story wasnt written like a stroke piece or some unbelievable fiction where everyone has either gravity defying boobs or 10" dicks, and for that I thank you - it was a refreshing change. I understand your protagonists feelings about not forgiving his wife, and the results of his betrayal are probably too realistic for the readers on this site who are here seeking fantasy. I wonder if this piece would have been better received elsewhere.

My only criticism is that I feel that the way you described Skip fits middle class America's prejudice towards people who prefer an alternative lifestyle. I have many tattoos and piercings and have never ever done drugs, for example. Taylor seemed very real, but Skip felt a bit too by-the-numbers bad guy. Its lazy writing letting other people's ignorance and prejudices do the work for you by pointing him out as the antagonist. I know you can do better.

looking4itlooking4itabout 10 years ago
I Enjoyed It

The first thing I would have done to my friend Bruce after the second time he tried to get me to forgive was to look him dead in the eye, make him hold my gaze and ask him to tell me what he would honestly do in my place. If he would forgive and convince me he honestly would then I would allow him to continue to plead his (her?) case. It wouldn't change my mind but I could at least respect his position. Trust is a fragile bond that, for me personally anyway, is almost impossible to mend once broken. Some of you will obviously not agree but that will be why we won't agree whether or not Taylor was being too hard nosed or not.

I thought this quote was brilliant and why cheaters, real life as well as fictional, don't understand the depth if their betrayal and lack if understanding when promising to never do it again. "But how can I believe that, Brit? You promised never to do it at all, at the altar." How can one promise made under emotional distress be any more valid than one made of an open and sincere heart in front of friends and family, be it in a church or not? I've seen very few, if any, make its point so poignant in a story.

For that very reason my vote goes from 4* to 5* on this story. Remaining true to your characters doesn't hurt either.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 10 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 10 years ago
another classic

Well, this one is certainly outside the Crayola box. Sleezy neighbor comes to suburbia and wife falls for his metal tongue bob. He is enjoying her charms in her garage with 40 people x feet away. Laptop you are the best, keep them coming.

The poor husband not only needs to know he did the right thing. A story from her perspective might be interesting. Cpete writes both sides of a story like this in Blood from a Turnip....so might you

katranmankatranmanabout 10 years ago
Excellent Story

No one wins -- that's real life. 5 stars!

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Sad story of lost trust.

Great story. So, so sad though. I wish that these two could have made it work. I don't think that there is any excuse for what she did, but it was pretty clear that she loved him. I can see why he decided to leave her though. She clearly broke the trust. She cheated WAY to easily for it to be a first time offense. There was NO reservation on her part. She hardly knew the guy. She wasn't even attracted to him until she found out that he had a tongue ring. All it took for her to forget her wedding vows was a wiggle of a tongue. No wining or dining. No expensive jewelry. No cleverly planned seduction scheme. Just a wiggle of a tongue. That fact alone would kill trust. I'm sure that if he gave her a chance, she would do her best to earn it all back. But the fact that she fell so easily is a tough bridge to repair.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 10 years ago
Too real for me

I confess that I wanted someone to end up happy. IF I want to be depressed, I will watch the news.

But this was very well written though I think that the wife's behavior was odd. A couple hours of chatting her up and she is willing to sneak off? Someone said her story might be interesting and I have to agree.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well done: 5*****

Tell me how to get in contact with Britney. I love eating pussy and would even (Ouch) get a tongue stud or three. Thanks, tom anon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

@anon to err is human - he loved her and could forgive but not forget - if he was wrong to divorce her it was his mistake and you should forgive him. good story

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Not bad but feels unfinished

In the end it feels like he just gave up. Never to trust anyone again.

Counseling - he needs some for his issues.

DepopuloDepopuloabout 10 years ago

I have to say that I truly love these people that wish to trot out ye old...

To err is human to forgive is divine...

You know something, I'm human, and yet I don't call myself a god..... I'm pretty sure If I went around claiming I was a god or divine or anything of that nature someone would want to have me locked up and the people that trot out that line would take some massive offense to what I was saying....

So spout it all you want.. To err is human to forgive is divine.. well we're all human, but we're not divine... so which way do you want it.... do you want people to say HEY IM A GOD so its cool do what ya want, and then religious fanatics get to label them satan or the antichrist or a cult leader or David Koresh... or do you wanna finally give up that quote for something more along the lines of To err is human, to forgive is hard as fucking hell and most likely never to happen in my lifetime. Never gonna happen if you subvert your marriage vows to let anyone let alone some useless piece of shit pierced Neanderthal fuckwit fuckbag stick his dick in you.

Btw 4/5 for the story, though not dragging the bitch out of the garage with fuckwit cost ya a star.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 10 years ago
Very realistic

Britney is in a public venue, her husband nearby, and she still can't control herself. How would he feel if she was out with friends or went on a trip with friends or any other time she was away from him? SHE created the doubt and he realizes he is not the kind of person who can brush it aside. or live with the constant uncertainty. And that's not a weakness on his part. He is a realist. She has shown she has limited control of herself and I agree, once done, the second time becomes easier. "It happened before and we are still together. I just need to male sure he doesn't find out this time. And he would forgive me since he already did one time." There is a loss of respect that cannot be recovered.

Do I feel sorry that Britney is suffering? Do I think she is sincere in her apologies? Yes I do. But she is a flawed person and he cannot live with that type of flaw. Some broken things can never be repaired.

I like his "revenge". No superhero antics. He simply reconnects parents and daughter. Then Skip's own behavior drags him down even further.

I also like the process of his decision making. He is angry beyond belief, but knows he is. He makes few final decisions while he is. Then, as he calms down, he recognizes the crux of the problem, trust, and his inability to live with someone he cannot trust. Sad but true. Even then he gives it some time to be sure but doesn't prolong it. He moves on.

I didn't like Britney staying with her parents and not dating, eternal punishment. She lost the guy she loved. She was stupid and weak but meant him no harm. Enough punishment.

dmhackdmhackabout 10 years ago
Trust

I really liked the measure approach you took to this story. A marriage is all about trust... from trusting one another to stay true to the vows to trusting them with things you'd never tell another person. When the trust is gone so is the marriage.

To me, her explanation of her actions killed any hope. She wasn't staggering fall down drunk, she was... horny. She thought about his stud, thought about how it would feel, took his hand when it was offered and made herself available to the creep in her own home because she was... horny. Horny is not an excuse for destroying his trust. What would happen the next time she had a little too much to drink and was horny? Could he trust her?

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
well done

A good author will bring the emotions of a reader into their story. This story has left me with a profound sense of loss and sadness for all. Even the bad guy. While he was the cause, the description of him sitting on his front porch crying somehow made me think that we are all human and subject to the failings that make us who we are. Who knows his backstory? Sad for all. Well written.

heartlandwriterheartlandwriterabout 10 years ago
Kneed in the face?

If you think it's actually possible for a woman to knee you in the face when your tongue is on her clit, you've never gone down on a woman.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

A sad ending, but not enough invested in this marriage to struggle through a reconciliation. If she did this after four years, you can bet she will again. At least she was honest and accepted her consequences. Five stars.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Great Story

At first it seems difficult to believe but if you remember the opening, she was over the top about cunnilingus and the stud called her and exciting her into doing completely destructive thing. The revenge on skip and the final conclusion that marriage needs trust all make sense even though we feel sad for both Britney and Taylor. A five star plus performance

reasonablemanreasonablemanabout 10 years ago
Not realistic at all

I usually like your writing but didn't like this one at all. Your initial scene with the couple enjoying oral sex without any introduction led me to think, based on the title, was the stud and the wife. Wrong. It was proof that this was a couple with a healthy sex life. Then we are told that the first time that he saw his future wife, a buddy told him she was a freak for oral sex. That is an interesting piece of information but not something that would make most guys think this is serious girlfriend material. But they marry and are happy.

The Brittany "seduction" at the party is weak. Stud boy is with his studded girlfriend. She exposes herself to Brit at the party but is not part of the sex scene in any way. I might buy Brit getting involved in a threesome sometime after a party but not while hosting a party at her own house. The whole Joy/Joyce rescue is crazy. It seems like her ex-fiance has more balls than Brits' husband. Why did Joyce leave with stud boy? She seemed happy until she was "rescued" by her family. She got forgiveness but not Brit. I guess my major problem was the idea that a faithful wife could do this at a party under these circumstances. The "investigation" of Stud was boring and full of stuff no one other than NSA might have. Obviously, I am in the minority in the comments but I only gave you a 2. I think you can do better and will read your next one.

TonyM823TonyM823about 10 years ago
great story

Really good story i understand why he left. I sometimes have trouble wondering why people cant get by something like this i have been cheated on it sux but i also now know what a strong love is like and i dont know if i could just leave if she did something wrong. Its kind of a double edged sword no answer is a good one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
altenate ending?

Perhaps an alternate ending to this could be written. This story really brought up some emotion. I really feel she was sorry and he should have worked harder to save this marraige as well as she needed to work hard to gain his trust back.

shaman43shaman43about 10 years ago
Who wins

There is definitely a serious neurosis with the main character. Yeh she made a human mistake that is serious and hurtful beyond description. It can only be felt to have the capacity for empathy. Even so there was remorse. There was love. There is choice. I have certification in about 12 different verbal therapy techniques. Most of them have, at their base, the theory that much of emotion is choice based. Going to an all day workshop Wed. the 19th on happiness as a choice as a matter of fact. In this case the dude focuses on why she may do it again. Or why he cannot know if she did it before. He does not take into account that humans of any age learn from experiences. We can get more trustworthy of less or whatever trait one can name. Depends on how we take the incident and how we use it in ourselves. In this case of a fictional character extrapolating. I would hope no one would agree to be with him for any reason. He is not worthy. And when I get my voice recognition program on my new computer I may write that story with he wife finding a loving partner with mutual adoration and loving commitment. The protagonist in this story is a wimp and deserves his unhappiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I’ve heard of RAAC (divorce at all costs) but this seems to be DAAC (divorce at all costs)

You had him spend a reasonable effort at getting back at Skip, but not one half, not one third, of that effort actually dealing with Britney. It’s as if you were trying to create the antithesis of the forced reconciliation story by making damn sure they weren’t going to stay together.

<P>

Somewhat ironically, Joyce, who violated her fiancé’s trust far more than Britney did his, was able to reconcile. (Yeah, I know they weren’t married, but the Skip provides a reasonable connection for a parallel construction.)

<P>

BTW, yeah, Bruce and Cathy told him the blind date is from Cathy’s work, but what are the odds it’s really Britney?

BTTapBTTapabout 10 years ago
Very good, sad, story

I think this was a very well done story. Good pace, vivid descriptions, realistic dialogue. Classic drunken slip, but the author does a good job of showing how that loss of trust could gnaw at a man. Character flaw or not, at least the protag had the self-awareness to realize his truth, and handled the situation quickly and cleanly. Honestly, walking in on it would burn that in the mind forever; which the author also hit on effectively.

My only critique with this tale is that some of the few typos popped up at the most inopportune times, which irritated.

For a realistic tale of love, cheating, loss and woe, delivered with competence and a casual style, I give it 5 stars.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 10 years ago
Cheating is cheating . . .

Others have said it well; most consider oral sex to be sex, the Clinton definition notwithstanding. So she cheated, no ifs, ands, or buts. There was no regard for husband, for consequences; it was nymphomania, pure and simple. Now most of us guys like a responsive woman. It makes a man feel pleased that he can satisfy his partner. Most don't feel pleased if someone uninvited is doing the satisfying (I'm assuming no open marriage or cuckold fantasies). Even worse if that someone is a guest in my house who has no business engaging in sex with my wife. So the response by the aggrieved husband is reasonable and understandable. Four stars, thanks for an entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
She made a mistake , drunk no excuse

But Bruce did more to destroy Skip than save his own marriage.trust is an issue but it canbe solved, he never gave it a try. So who in this world is perfect , answer no one.

greowulfgreowulfabout 10 years ago
a sad tale

Well told. For a couple to survive infidelity, both must have strength and patience. Some aren't cut out for it. A pity, but understandable.

cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
re: I’ve heard of RAAC (divorce at all costs) but this seems to be DAAC (divorce at all costs)

Yeah, that was a typo. It should have been "I’ve heard of RAAC (reconciliation at all costs) but this seems to be DAAC (divorce at all costs)"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Interesting Situation

A story like this raises an interesting question. His former wife doesn't have much of a social life three years after the divorce. She is crushed by what she has brought upon herself. The question is, would she be likely to cheat on him again? I think not. His trust issues aren't valid.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Good Read****

Welcome back?? Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Damn

He saw her indiscretion and decided he couldn't live with it. Now for three years the cheater stayed with her parents and didn't date anyone. Good. Fuck her. She deserves no happiness. Don't cheat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Anon

His trust issues aren't valid? Pull your head out, who are you to tell him his trust issues aren't valid?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Re: "His trust issues aren't valid"

I think this is true. Although both are wrong, oral sex is not as damaging as actual penetrative sex. Even though it was alluded it may have progressed to that stage, Wifey was only ever infatuated with Stud's tongue-piercing going by the "oral-orientation" of the story. I concede her infatuation doesn't mitigate her because even in her drunken state, she admitted she was just so horny. While this admission proves she willingly pissed over her marriage vows, I believe one incident does not constitute an unforgiving attitude from Hubby especially when Wifey is remorseful and demonstrated contriteness.

This matter warranted marriage counselling; by skipping to the divorce stage, Hubby's "woe is me" self-pitying attitude proved he did not love his wife as much as she loved him.

Still, this story is refreshing and plausible, 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
3*s

Good story!

One issue I have, the name Charles Keating ! I know you changed the spelling but

Hell! That brought back such awful memories !

A fucking hypocrite fanatic lying thief. Aaaarrgh ! It threw me off the story. Lucky

it was nearly over.

Did you name drop with forethought?? If not ,WHAT a coincidence!

AMerryMan

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 10 years ago
Oh, dear. 5* read

Sadly, that's how it hits you. Even if you do get back together if your formerly straying wife/husband is late back from work or whenever the echoes of that fear whisper to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

"Hubby's "woe is me" self-pitying attitude proved he did not love his wife as much as she loved him."

Yeah, that explains why he pissed all over their marriage vows. Wait, that was her. But I'm sure she'd be much more forgiving, were the shoe on the other foot. Right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Okay story, foolish end.

The husband was a jerk. Only if he does the New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle in fountain pen ink without ever making a mistake, graduated from high school and college Summa Cum Laude as Validictorian is he justified in his "No Mistakes Ever Upon Pain of Death Policy". I hope his employer fires him the next time he's late to work. The wife's father was far more of a mensch (Yiddish: a man of integrity and honor). He gave them the house, and a gift is to be honored. The husband said for better or worse and bailed! He is a santimonious jerk,worse than skip, who at least was an honest scumbag!!

snakes454snakes454about 10 years ago
good story

I fully agree with his action. There was no way he would ever be able to trust Britney again. Speaking from experience I know he did the best thing for him. Great story 5 stars.

snakes454snakes454about 10 years ago
@ foolish end anon

Just because a guy doesn't enjoy another man's sperm running from his chin doesn't give you the right to spew your faggot rhetoric all over the place. He broke the til death do you part vow? Really? Really you simpleton fucktard? She broke the biggie. Foresake ALL others. Just because you're a worthless faggot I hope you get fired next time you go to work with cum on your breath....in other words tomorrow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
poor snakes...

Worst of both worlds: he is a closet fag AND a closet cuck - good luck with that shit... ouch.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
till death

Till death do us part ?

You want to hold him to that after her adultery ?

Then also uphold the traditional penalty for adultery:

DEATH BY STONING

Maybe the one thing Islam got right.

I wonder if that is why all the liberals like it ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

&quot;Yeah, that explains why he pissed all over their marriage vows. Wait, that was her. But I'm sure she'd be much more forgiving, were the shoe on the other foot. Right?&quot;

This story reflects on one mistake made by the wife. It does not explore how she'd handle her husband's potential adultery. I put forth my opinion on the basis the husband, despite his trust issues, could have adopted a more forgiving attitude IF he agreed to counselling. There was nothing to lose if we are to go by Wifey's one and only fuck-up.

I mean four years vested in a relationship has to count for something; tossing a marriage away without trying to salvage something worth saving is the coward's way out. There are two kinds of wimp; one who tolerates explicit humiliation and one who walks away from being a man who knows what's right for him in the long term.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

"There was nothing to lose if we are to go by Wifey's one and only fuck-up."

The husband made it very clear that he had no way of knowing if that was her "one and only fuck-up" because he could no longer trust her.

I don't see how anyone draws the conclusion that "she loves him more" considering she was willing to risk hurting him that much, risk their marriage, in fact, for a little momentary pleasure. This at a party in their home, with her husband in attendance, so it's not even as though the risk were a small one.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
the trouble

The trouble is that in the cheated on persons mind knowing that they cheated once leads to wondering about what they did all the times when they were apart, and what they will do in the future.

If you will cheat then you will lie, since you made a lie out of your vow to forsake all others.

The seeds of distrust find fertile ground.

Taking the cheater back teaches that there is no penalty for cheating, so why not do it again ?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 10 years ago
It was just 1 mistake .!!

first let me say that this story was a lot better than this authors' last / previous effort.

While it is true that this MAY have been just one mistake by the wife ...we dont know that. And one could make the case that the husband spent a lot of time "thinking" but not lot about the implications of what divorce means for him and for her and for both of them as a married couple.

But what is REALLY driving this really is the suddenness with regard of her willingness to cheat. While it is true that the wife did not appear to have as many hangups/ prejudices as the husband did with regard to how other people look dress and behave .. these were relatively new people on the block and a little restraint seems to be a perfectly reasonable thing to exercise. After all the first time they have meet Skip and Joy n a social environment

.

In the opening scene when the husband and wife go out of their way to welcome them to the neighborhood ... Skip and Joy were VERY unfriendly.

All of this just makes her willingness to openly enjoy cheating / oral sex with another man only a few feet away from her husband and other guests at her party... a powerful driving force with regard to the issue of reconciliation.

The whole concoctions kind of implies the wife is mentally off or a little disturbed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Forgiveness

Should Taylor forgive Britney? Not the BTB way. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Who said that? .

Mousse9Mousse9about 10 years ago

&quot;There are two kinds of wimp; one who tolerates explicit humiliation and one who walks away from being a man who knows what's right for him in the long term.&quot;

This. Except it's applied completely in the opposite way.

One who walks away from being a man who knows what's rights for him in the long term, is one who caves under the pressure of friends and family, and stays with a cheater.

Person with no name, wasn't this already told in the story, by hubby himself?

&quot;The problem was trust, or should I say the lack of it. Even taking in consideration the amount of alcohol she had, she sure didn't put up much of a fight. Was this really the first time, or just the first time she was caught? How would I know? Would she tell me the truth if I asked her? Doubtful...&quot;

&quot;&quot;Because of one mistake?&quot;

&quot;That's just it, how do I know it was just this once? How do I know she's not sitting in a car with some asshole between her legs instead of being out with her girlfriends, like she says she is? Skip isn't the only SOB out there with a stud in his tongue. How do I know she's really at her parent's house and not some guy's apartment? I grant you, I'm sure the booze affected her judgment, but by her own admission she was pretty easily talked into doing what she did. She just had to find out how that damn stud felt.&quot;

I took a sip of beer and continued.

&quot;If we stay married what guarantee do I have that she won't cheat again? What will I have to do so I don't worry whenever she's not home... constantly check up on her? How many times? For how long before I start trusting her again? Will I ever trust her again? Damn it, Bruce, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life wondering what my wife is doing every time she's out of my sight.&quot;

So in person with no name's case, living a paranoid life of worry, constantly checking up and fear, without trust, is what's right for him in the long term? Ouch man, do you really hate hubby that much?

DWornockDWornockabout 10 years ago
4 stars

Very well written and easy to read. For that portion, I gave is a 5. However, it was just too weird to be plausible and on that basis I gave it a 3. Therefore, an average of 4 stars.

Certainly this is an excellent writer and with just a few changes, I would have rated it a 5 star story. For example, I don't believe someone like skip would have been both invited and attended and certainly the wife would not have allowed anything with her husband and so many guest at her house. And, I don't believe getting drunk removes your ability to reason.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good story but.....

You didn't finish it, It's like every thing was ended, stopped. Dam, no major climax, no small climaxes, maybe some, some little anti-climaxes, a plot with no ending. You seem to be on your way to becoming a good writer. Think about these things. Remember why turds are tappered, you don't want your story to slam shut.....bill

4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Needs a sequel

Where he gets his head out of his ass.

At the end of the day due to his action, or inaction Skip has won.

Marriages need to be worked on and yet he wasn't prepared to even try because he was afraid.

Silly silly boy.

VickieTernVickieTernabout 10 years ago
Taylor doesn't deserve her

He has no sense of the shape of his relationship with Britney, its weak place(s) and its bulwarks, on which to base the issue of "trust." And he has an overweening trust in his own gut instincts (with all that self-justifying anger). He caused more considered misery to more people than any "Skip" could. Which is the bigger asshole?

Skip by the way is too self-proclaiming a freak to be a "Stud" -- where was your own head when you named this? That Britney can stand being eaten hour after hour does imply she has a rather narrow, specialized attention span, but even she wouldn't feel that attracted! Does a guy like that even bathe?

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 10 years agoAuthor
I don't usually comment on my comments, but...

Vickie, I think you were so busy trying to psychoanalyze the characters, you completely missed the point of the story. It is extremely evident by your question as to how I could name it, "The Stud." You have mistakenly assumed it was named after Skip! "The Stud," refers to the stud in his tongue, not him!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Sad but realistic....

Trust is something that once is lost it is quite difficult to regain... A good friend when thru something similar and he tried, the marriage was never the same and they end splitting, the sad thing is that when they splitted she was acting like a good, honest wife... But the damage has been done...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I don't know why these guys that marry girls that have a reputation as sure fucks are surprised when they cheat. take brit she was known as loving to be eaten .a lot of people on campus knew that but taylor but he was told by his buddy. yet he dates her then marries her and then he cant believe when she sees a stud in a guys tongue , that she has to experience it in her cunt , to hell who the tongue belongs to. didn't he ever hear the saying a leopard don't change its spots. she is a cunnilingus whore and will never change

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Really sad..

Enjoyed it, was well put together. I think I would have given her another shot, maybe get a stud in my tongue!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
pussy

Wise decision to jettison the cunt, but three years and he still has his head up his ass. Man up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Unfortunate

Well... That sucked. Just the sadness of it, I was hoping it had a happy ending - wishful thinking I guess. I wish the same thing hadn't happened to me (20 year marriage), wished my children were't affected by their mothers desires. Wished things could be undone.

But you are right... In the end if one doesn't have trust they have nothing. I'm not sure betrayel is something you ever get over.

Good luck.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124almost 10 years ago
Are all the husbands in Chicago as hard-headed as your characters?

I, also, was hoping for a resolution to make this one work out in the end, like Harrison did in "Between the Pages...". Instead, he's like Dalton in "It's Against the Law" toward Jean. It's almost depressing to read your stories, but the conflict is what is the motivating factor. You don't have that much hot sex descriptions but the resultant hurt from a relationship gone bad. Makes me wonder if you haven't had a similar experience in the past. It's just that these husbands can't get past their wives, who slip up. Yes, trust is the big issue, but trust can be regained.

No worry, my friend, I'm continuing on to read your other submissions, because I do like your stories. I just feel to bad for the wives, I guess.

5 *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
been there done that... cut up the tshirt

all of you btb writers use the same tired argument, broken vows, lost trust. this mind set is biblically based. curiously, none of you seem to remember other parts of the bible, like: In 1st Corinthians 13, the Bible says, “Love keeps no record of wrongs." also, for the most part, the bible talks about forgiveness.

the problem with this story is that you did not elaborate as to if this was a one time event or if she was a serial cheater. one time event should earn forgiveness. serial cheater, not a chance.

i guess the point i'm making is, you can't use the bible to justify your position re: cheating but then totally forget the other requirements by which we should live. sure, some guys will never tolerate cheating, even if its only a one time event never to happen again. the question is did they sin in casting away their fallen spouse? reminds me of another bible quote, "ye who is without sin, cast the first stone..."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
YOU KNOW

Morons, this story is just not over yet.....bill

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Good work - well designed

Executed well too -

Too close to believable as well -

Nothing biblical in my mind - it is a simple issue - can he trust her again? If the answer is no they need to part. It may be a failing of his or a weakness in him - it may be an accurate reflection of what she did and how he believes it will go again. Why is unimportant once he decides he will not trust her.

Could counseling help sure -

Could he be right and she will fail every time she gets excited by someones story - sure

Could they learn to work it out on a new level of understanding - sure -

Could he get a stud and answer her questions lol - sure -

This time he decided he cannot trust her and moved on -= sort of - he may be back -

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
in the end

You are worth what your word is worth.

If you give your word on something and chose not to keep your word then you CAN NOT be trusted.

Relationships are all about trust.

Can I trust you ?

If I open my heart to you, will you hurt me ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Really a great story.

A well written story that pulls at your heart strings. It's hard to understand why Britney did it but the reader never really does hate or even dislike her. Even I, as a huge BTB fan, wanted Taylor to find a way to forgive her. But I understood the lack of trust after the episode.

We're all different, needing different things. As bad as I'd like to seen them at a marriage councilor's office, I know that if you can't find it YOUR heart to trust, the marriage is not going to work. I've seen it happen with a close personal friend(s) and it is heart breaking.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Sad story

I guess the wife didn't step over the critical line for me- a drunken single act doesn't cross it. So, in the end the wife is living with her folks and not moving on, and the guy is "having fun" but sits around alone? Not a good outcome for either. Because of an elevated sense of trust and betrayal, he blew a good marriage. One strike and you aren't out. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
onethird

Everyone has an opinion which is good. I feel you stepped over a line when you said he blew a good marriage. He didn't blow anything, she wanted to feel that tongue ring on her pussy. He lost trust and felt he couldn't live that way. He does have some healing and overcoming to do before he is emotionally healthy. some people can get over it, some can't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One of the best I've read under LW

LTW, you've written a very emotionally charged piece. I too went back and forth between forgiveness and walking away. Thank you for a great read!

BDEarth

carbinemastercarbinemasterover 9 years ago
good

In my opinion this ending is more realistic than the way some of your other stories have ended. Even if he had tried to stay with her, the lack of trust would have caused resentment and bitterness. In time, the marriage would have become so poisoned that they would have divorced anyway, and they probably would've hated each other, too. Far better to just split up on decent terms. Good thing for the that they didn't have any children.

SWIM21SWIM21over 9 years ago

I'm sorry, but this is just too far-fetched. This kind of thing just does not happen in real life, regardless of how much alcohol is involved. It would have been more realistic if he had found her fucking him, but even then, it just happened too fast and was made even more ridiculous by the time and place that it occurred. Ultimately, though, the act isn't congruent to Britney's personality. The way you paint her in the beginning of the story lends no plausible motivation to her subsequent actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One of the best stories I have ever read on this site

This is without doubt the most realistic Story I have ever read on this site. In the same set of circumstances my reaction would be identical to Taylor's. Once the trust in a relationship has been broken it never comes back, and in those circumstances every look, every action, every word would be in question.And then would come the anger, It would be a living hell.

Far better to cut the bitch away like a cancer than let things fester like gangrene.

Once again you got it right laptopwriter 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
SWIM21

You are living in a fantasy world. This happens often in the real world. Her personality. It matches exactly! Wow! Every point you tried to make is off base.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Finally!

Finally we have a man with some balls. He did the right thing in divorcing her. He gave all the correct reasons about trust, etc. But she only did it once! seems to be the common cry from the comments. Once is enough and it only took him a couple hours to get her.

I don't understand how these guys can marry a girl that was a slut in college or her previous life and expect her to change. Changing behavior can be done, but it is very rare. Then these guys are all heartbroken when she reverts to her previous ways.

She was too easily seduced to cheat. She does not sound like a very nice person, how does he know that she never did it before when she got curious about something.

The husband should have gotten over her a lot sooner than 3 years. He was not the cheater.

Good writing and thanks for a real interesting and entertaining tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Who knows?

Given that this is fiction, you can end the story anyway you want. And I know the BTB crowd loved this. But if he really, really loved her, he would have gone to some therapist and gotten over his fears and given her another chance. What? Don't you think people can change? Learn from their mistakes? He might have ended up with a wife that loved him to death, did everything in her power to make him happy and enjoyed the rest of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great!!!

The only reason he would have needed therapy would be if he keep her.

It was a sad story, but that was the only way it could end.

Thanks for the read.

mcbsmcbsover 9 years ago
I Get It!

Neighbor hood stud. Tongue stud. I get it! Well played, sir.

VickieTernVickieTernover 9 years ago
Good on Taylor!

He finally realized that all those years Britney seemed to love him passionately, devoutly, and exclusively, and there was not the slightest reason for him to doubt her fidelity, he finally realized that THAT was the clear evidence that she was covering up her sexual appetites and activities, her orgies with everyone on the block and at work. Cunningly and until this moment successfully. What other reading can he give it, her seeming innocence until now?

And that's his reasoning each time he considers the unique circumstances of this lapse and then decides there may well be more, so trust is gone. Readers here think he's right? He's one sick self-destructive puppy! He doesn't deserve her.

Though except for your hero's crackpot paranoia and self-destructive masochism (believe the worst, because it may be justified, and if it happens to be justified despite the odds then you're a fool!), as usual well-conceived and written.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
@Taylor doesn't deserve her

You're right no decent faithful man deserves a wife who would cheat on him. The fact that she cheated with some low life possibly disease ridden drug dealing dirt bag within 50 yards of their freinds and neighbors compounds the level of betrayal. Of course in her defense she couldn't have known what a low life he was hell she didn't even know his first name.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous