All Comments on 'The Sweetest Bad Boy in Town'

by Alice_Rosaleen

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 6 years ago
I love this sentence:

And he ate of my body, all of me that is pink and glistening.

Wonderful writing.

secondsamuelsecondsamuelover 6 years ago
Love is a Dog from Hell

It reminds me of a lot of his earlier works. You're very good at breaking conventions when it suits you, using and over and over and over to make an emphasis, the questions the narrator asks herself throughout, the way the narrative has an almost stream of consciousness/poetic feel to it.

I'd say Bukowski would have liked it, but he was a miserable old drunk who wanted to fist fight Hemingway, so you'll have to settle for I and a bunch of other (literoticans?) liked it.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 6 years ago
Nice

Could be longer, with a bit more development, but stands on its own well,leaves a place to add to. So well done,

NorthPacific 2017

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 6 years ago
Well developed character

I'm not a fan of the "bad boy" archetype, but you put in so many details and nuances that the character was really brought to life. He's more than a stereotype or caricature, even though he acts like that's all he wants to be. I also agree with electricblue66's comment above about the "pink and glistening" line. It really jumped off the screen.

SoleBrotherJeffSoleBrotherJeffover 6 years ago
What a raw & beautiful description of a relationship

Very well written. I'm no literature major, but this short story deserves so much more than a 5 score.

To me it read like poetry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Like Poetry

What a raw & beautiful description of a relationship

Very well written. I'm no literature major, but this short story deserves so much more than a 5 score.

To me it read like poetry.

by SoleBrotherJeff12/29/17

I like to read the comments before the story...get other's perspective to be sure I'm not crazy with my own feelings, thoughts. YES - like poetry. Her words flow like honey, sweet, oozing of sensuality. There's something very special about Alice. I've read her other works - she has a gift. You can feel what she feels, You can feel her hurts, her pleasures. Very few writers can get under your skin like Alice.

dana1029dana1029over 6 years ago
FINALLY got registered!

I've been following Alice since Nov. when I accidentally ran across her first submittal in Nov. ...and it took me 6 attempts to get signed up! That sucks. Anyway - love her work. As others have said, great development of characters, easy flow and transition. She exposes herself, her feelings, her passion. I've read everything she's written and am hungry for more. She IS my only favorite so far...just in today.

HillfrogHillfrogover 6 years ago
Poet

'Nuff said. :'-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It's like reading poetry

So fluid. I really like her work.

karalinekaralinealmost 6 years ago
so beautiful

I've been meaning to read something of yours for a while, and this is so lovely. The style is so complex and poetic, and yet so easy and carefree. I can't wait to read more of your writing now I have a bit of free time

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
¨A stream-of-conscious ode to my BFWB¨...

gotta be the most ridiculously misspelled description on lit.

blackknight314blackknight3149 months ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous