The Sweetest of Times

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Musing as he was, William did not hear the front door open and close, the sound of another fur entering the house drifting past his slightly folded back ears as he leaned forward, anticipating a kill shot.

"Hey, you two!" Lilith's father popped his head around the living room door, making William jump, hackles rising instinctively before he got them under control.

The middle-aged silver tabby was dressed smartly as if he had just arrived home from work and smiled at the two 'kids' playing together. While he was distracted, Lilith shot William's character's head off and poked her tongue out at him.

"Are you ready?" The older cat tapped his short claws against the wall, checking his watch. "It's gone six, we better head off."

"Ready for what, dad?" Lilith blinked, uncomprehending. "I didn't think we were going anywhere. We were just -"

"Dinner!" The tabby smiled charmingly. "Your mother and I are going out so you two better come with us."

"Thanks, dad, but we already had plans for dinner..." Lilith trailed off, looking between the wolf and her father. "We were going to order pizza. It's Friday night."

"Can't you have pizza tomorrow?"

Her father frowned and she swallowed hard, struggling to find words.

"Nope, they can't have pizza tomorrow," Lilith's mother joined her husband in the doorway, the black and white cat as cheerful as ever. "Hi, William."

"Hi, Mrs Calliana," he answered politely.

"So formal!" She giggled like a schoolgirl, earning a disapproving look from her husband. "Yes, but as I was saying, I'm making a full roast tomorrow since we'll be out on Sunday and miss it."

"A roast dinner is hardly traditional for us..." The tabby sniffed and swished his tail, casting a meaningful look at his daughter and her friend. "I just don't think we should leave William and Lil' here...alone."

"Oh, don't be absurd!" Lilith's mother waved him off with a dismissive paw. "They'll be fine! What would they get up to, hm? Lil' knows where the fire extinguisher is if she sets the toast on fire again!"

"That was one time!" Lilith protested loudly, though she could not resist sharing a conspiring grin with William: the day of the flaming toast was legendary.

"Anyway," Mrs Calliana continued, adjusting her dangling earrings with a claw-tip. "You two have fun here. We'll probably be out a while so just order dinner in whenever you're ready."

"I hardly think -"

"No! None of that!" The black and white cat grinned, flapping her paws at her husband as she ushered him back towards the door through which he had only entered a few minutes ago. "You're not evading my company tonight! I've got you all to myself and you have to know that you can't coddle Lil' anymore. She could be out doing far worse than hanging with this sweet boy in our home."

William's eyes shot wide but he made no comment. He was blushing too often to be comfortable that afternoon and his ears once again took on a pink tinge as Lilith stifled the bubble of a giggle at how her mother had addressed him. Oblivious, the black and white cat waved at them, disappearing into the corridor where, a moment later, they heard the front door click closed. They vanished so swiftly that Lilith and William were momentarily stunned, gathering themselves before speaking. With a flash of white, feline teeth, Lilith poked her tongue out at the wolf, the television screen still showing William's character as dead and requesting a re-spawn.

"Hah," she poked the wolf in the ribs. "You're a 'sweet boy' now - that's a new one!"

William rolled his eyes theatrically and huffed a sigh.

"Oh, shut up. And that kill was not clean!"

*

William sat very still on the sofa, the room only lit by the glow of the television screen. The remains of the pizza within two square, red and blue boxes sat on the coffee table and, though his stomach rumbled, the wolf did not dare reach for another cold slice. The black and grey cat slumped against his shoulder, eyes blinking as she chased away sleep. He could not have relayed what the film they were 'watching' was about after the fact. The wolf was far too concerned with her warm body pressed against his and the soft touch of her wonderfully plush, groomed fur.

"Hey," he tickled her side. "Hey, sleepy."

"Mmph?" Lilith squirmed against him, sliding down against the back of the sofa as she yawned widely. "What time is it?"

"Eight, or just gone," he answered, stealing a quick glance at the clock.

"It seems a lot later than that," Lilith groaned, rubbing the back of her paw across her muzzle.

"What's got you so tired?" William asked quietly, letting his fingertips daringly stroke down her arm. "You're usually more awake later than this."

"I'm just...comfortable..." She mumbled, words tumbling over one another. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, not at all," William assured her. "But don't fall asleep just yet."

"You're right." She sat up and stretched her arms above her head, yawning widely. "That wouldn't be the best way to spend a Friday night now, would it?"

William rolled his eyes yet remained silent, making no comment about her stating the obvious. Disappointed to have the feline move away, the wolf leaned back into the sofa, sighing heavily, his side feeling cold and bare without Lilith pressed to it. Glancing between her and the television, he was surprised to catch her looking at him, though she turned her head away swiftly, pretending to be engrossed in the film.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing..." Lilith blushed.

William's ears perked with interest. He could usually tell why she was blushing and there was nothing embarrassing around. Maybe... No, he had to keep his thoughts away from that track, which was easier said than done, as the phrase went.

The phone ringing made the wolf jump and he shuffled, trying to compose himself as Lilith muffled a giggle, reaching over to scoop the landline from its cradle. Barely listening to the conversation, William tugged at his green t-shirt, the neckline resting awkwardly so that it brushed his fur the wrong way in the most irritating fashion. Everything seemed to become increasingly uncomfortable the longer he spent around the feline; he kept tripping over his own hind paws, figuratively, and felt ever more the fool for it. On the phone, Lilith's tone fell concerned - the most William could discern from the one-sided conversation, however, was that she was speaking to her parents. Who else would be calling the landline for Lilith on a Friday night? Lilith dropped the phone back on to its stand and curled her long tail around her leg, lips turning down anxiously.

"Well, mom and dad won't be back for a while now," she frowned. "They ran into some friends at the restaurant, said they'd get a taxi back."

Oh, great, William thought, imagining spending even more time alone with Lilith, the feline sitting so close. This is just what I need.

"Did they run into anyone you know?" He asked lamely, cursing himself mentally; Lilith shook her head.

"No, but it's not something they usually do..." She trailed off, nipping the inside of her cheek. "I guess it shouldn't bother me. Just means that I have a little more peace at home than usual."

"Besides the interrogation tomorrow?"

"From who?" Lilith's expression was blank.

"Your father," the wolf elaborated, unable to help himself; he felt much more like himself when he was teasing the pretty cat.

"Oh, yes." She shot him a look. "What does he know? He suspects everything, but mom says he's just looking out for me. I don't know about that."

Falling into companionable quiet, the duo flipped through channels on the television, neither feeling much like picking up the gaming controllers again. Lilith flicked her tail lazily and the wolf's eyes tracked its progress, feeling the warmth of her body as she sat close without actually touching him. It was pure torture. Perhaps any other male would have taken advantage of the situation but he could not bear to, in kind. His body betrayed him at the worst moments, yet all he wanted to do was take the feline into his arms and hold her close. Was it worth the risk?

There was only one way to find out.

He took a deep breath, gathering his courage, and reached out for Lilith, sliding his paw over her stomach to the far side of her waist. His paw moulded to the curve as if it was meant to be there. The feline stiffened as William slid down the sofa, turning his body along the length as he lay down. Stifling a groan, he drew the cat slowly on top of him, trying to seem as unthreatening as possible by putting himself below her: the view was not bad either. The very tip of Lilith's tail flicked as she supported herself on her paws, which were pressed flat either side of the wolf's head.

"What are you doing?" Lilith's eyes were wide, her body very still as she shivered.

"Just trust me...please?" The wolf swallowed as his ears splayed in an appeasing manner, hoping against hope that she would not tell him to move away.

His heart leapt as she stayed still, uncertainty battling in her gaze. He held his breath, caressing down her back with a lover's patience until she relaxed under his touch, a low purr rumbling forth. Thus emboldened, William traced his paws down her spine, a thrill running through him as she arched her body into his paws, eyes closed and a small smile flickering across her perfect lips. They did not require words in that moment as Lilith ducked her muzzle to nose at the wolf's neck, kissing lightly as he groaned, letting his head fall back. Working her way slowly up to his cheek with what courage she found, she hesitated, looking down at the wolf below her.

Though he did not want her to stop, surprised at her action, let alone her purrs, William brushed his damp nose against her cheek. The wolf slid his arms further around her waist, guiding her down to rest on top of him, and she flushed crimson beneath her fur, her bodily response making his heart leap into his throat. Licking his dry lips, William pressed his muzzle into Lilith's neck, kissing and nipping playfully as she squeaked shyly, paws drifting to rest on his chest, stroking his own body in turn. His paws memorised the smooth contours of her hips and waist as his heartbeat quickened, wondering if he dared do more but finding himself frozen with his tail pressed between his legs.

Heart hammering against his ribcage, he tried to breath evenly and turned his muzzle as Lilith's tipped towards his own. Tentatively, with the same idea in mind, they kissed, warm lips brushing against each other's as gently as they possibly could. It was hard to understand the emotions rising within them but the questions no longer seemed important in the slightest - or they would only come to light upon the next morning. Lilith slid her paw round to the back of the wolf's neck and pressed her lips more boldly to his, tail flicking continuously against his legs. Her thighs slowly parted as she became more comfortable and slowly ended up straddling his waist as they kissed, lips parting and tongues shyly teasing.

William could not help it. By the time he felt his body reacting to Lilith's kisses and caresses, it was already too late. The bulge in his jeans was blatantly obvious as she perched on her stomach, unknowing until she slid back and her brow furrowed. He grabbed her waist, trying to pull her off his body, but she was already blushing, having felt his hard-on against her rear. The wolf swore under his breath and twisted his body away, letting the cat slide nimbly off as he faced the back of the sofa, beige fabric encompassing every inch of his vision in the dim light. How could he have let that happen? Now everything was wrong, all wrong. It was too much. What would Lilith think of him?

"Shit..." William groaned, pressing his muzzle into the cushions, wishing that he could just disappear - how had it gone so wrong? "I didn't mean, fuck, I'm sorry, Lil', I wasn't trying to...to do anything. I didn't mean that, I swear."

"It's okay, really," Lilith rested her paw on his shoulder, sliding it down his back after a moment as she tried to move closer. "It's not like you can help it...right?"

"Not usually," he admitted, voice muffled by the sofa cushions.

"Then why are you so..." She waved a paw in the air, struggling to find adequate words. "It's not such a big deal, is it?"

William wanted to tell her that it was a big deal to him, but the words stuck in his throat, swallowed before he had the chance to voice them aloud. Shyly, the cat curled against his back, wrapping one arm around as much of his waist as she could while her other paw ran through the thicker fur at the back of his neck. Though he could not move for anxiety, the wolf relaxed little by little, allowing her to soothe him as he had reassured her not so long ago. He only wished his hard-on would go down. He certainly couldn't turn around until it had disappeared, that much was certain. Easing the ache in that part of his body was difficult with the feline petting his fur, however, and it obstinately strained to push free of his jeans and underwear. If only things had been different, just a little, then he would not have had such a problem, or so he thought. But he was not that kind of wolf. Lilith's paw stilled upon his upper back, between the shoulder blades.

"You know my parents won't be back for a while," Lilith said tentatively; William fell absolutely still as not even his tail dared to twitch.

"What do you mean by that?" William asked slowly.

He sounded out each word carefully as he spoke, afraid that he had gotten the wrong idea. Then again, what else could Lilith mean?

"Don't make me say it," she murmured into the back of his neck, her eyelashes catching and brushing over his soft fur. "I can't...not yet. But...I want to. Come upstairs with me?"

Her voice rose at the end of the statement so he knew it was a question. He had not known beforehand that his heart could pound so hard, blood roaring in his ears, and the wolf shivered as Lilith snaked her paw further around, resting it over his heart. Struck dumb, William belatedly nodded, able to do little more, and pressed back in response as Lilith trembled, pulling him tight to her. Only when her nerve was as solid as possible did she slip off the sofa with a feline's grace and stand up, offering her paw to William with a shy smile.

Mutely, William allowed the cat to guide him to his hind paws, clasping his paw tightly in her own as she led him from the living room and up the stairs, steps quiet despite their solitude. Lilith did not waste time turning on the lights, trusting her hind paws to make their way up the stairs as the wolf followed, adjusting the fabric covering his crotch as discreetly as he could manage. Glancing back down the stairs, Lilith pushed her bedroom door open and ushered William inside as her tail curled briefly through his legs, making the wolf shiver.

Standing in Lilith's bedroom was nothing new to the wolf, but everything took on a surreal glaze under the circumstances, appearing as if he had never stepped within the bounds of the room prior to that moment. The wolf swallowed his nerves, tail curling between his legs as he modestly tugged at the fabric covering his crotch, trying and failing to hide it, though the action was futile. Self-conscious, he glanced at Lilith, looking quickly away again, anxiety overtaking him even as the slim feline quietly closed the bedroom door. He could not help but notice that she positioned herself between him and the exit, something that did little to alleviate the nerves tap dancing across his stomach. The raging boner did little to help his composure also.

"Lil'..." He said quietly. "What are you... We can't."

God, he hated himself for saying that but it was true. She was his best friend, for Christ's sake! What wolf in his right mind would stumble in and fuck that up for the sake of sex? He had more important things to think of.

These important things were difficult to keep in mind as Lilith approached, chancing that there was a sensuous sway to her hips in the low light. She had not bothered flicking on the light switch and slid her paws on to his hips even as they trembled, fingertips shivering beneath the hem of his shirt. William panted heavily as her paws slid higher, not finding the will to say 'no' as emotion battled with reason. Without conscious thought, his paws found her waist and drew her in close with a low groan of what he could only describe as raw need, his hard-on pressed against her stomach. Biting his lip hard enough to draw specks of blood, the wolf bucked his hips wantonly, running his paws over Lilith's smooth stomach and, daringly, down to her thighs. When the feline tensed, he thought he had done something wrong and pulled back immediately, only to have the cat fall into his arms, clutching his t-shirt as if it was the only thing anchoring her in the moment.

"Will... I don't know what to do," Lilith pleaded, her breath tickling his neck. "Please, help me."

"We don't have to... I mean..."

He tried to soothe her, show there was no rush despite what thrummed between them, but she shook her head, a stubborn glint in her eye. As her lips crushed pleasurably to his, the two furs became lost in the moment, paws fumbling beneath shirts as the wolf stroked lightly over her breasts, startling a gasp from his partner. Lilith pushed his shirt as high as she could, feline teeth nipping his neck hard enough to sting erotically, and the wolf finished the job, skin tingling as he yanked the shirt over his own head. He cast it aside and backed towards the bed, pulling the feline with him, and fell back on to the sheets with a small bounce, tugging Lilith's tank top up with a pleading whine. She helped him get it over her head with a small shiver, tail twitching madly, and rested on top of him, anxiously clawing at his belt buckle with the sense of a feline possessed. Need and confused lust burned within both furs and William unbuckled his belt with a shaking paw, allowing Lilith to do the rest. She unzipped them and pulled the fabric roughly down his legs as he raised his hips off the bed, perhaps a little too willing to have the restrictive fabric removed.

As Lilith moved back to drop his jeans to the floor, he was finally able to look at her body without the tank top for the first time. Her plain, black bra cupped her perky breasts perfectly and he ached to reach out to her, stroke those places that made her catch her breath so beautifully. Frozen for a moment, Lilith shot him a small smile and bent over at the waist to slide her own navy trousers down, tail flicking teasingly high to give him a glimpse of her panty-clad rump. The wolf groaned and rubbed the bulge in his dark boxers, the fabric tenting obscenely as the feline revealed more and more of herself to him. It took only a second of hesitation before Lilith found the courage to unhook her bra, shyly pulling it away and dropping it on the pile of clothes. Her paws covered her breasts modestly as soon as they were revealed and William smiled, warmth in his gaze as he opened his arms for her.

"Don't hide yourself from me, darling."

The feline crawled back over William's body, moving her paws away as his arms folded around her and her pert, pink nipples brushed over his chest. Moaning lightly, the wolf ground his covered shaft against her stomach, fingers finding her simple underwear and boldly slipping within. Lilith gasped and ducked her muzzle, mewling as he stroked her warm mound, surprised to find her sex damp with arousal. She moved over him so that her knees rested either side of her waist and he eagerly pressed his muzzle between her breasts, kissing and nuzzling over each soft mound in turn while one finger slowly pushed into her wet pussy. Though she was not soaked, as he had heard some females could become when aroused, his index finger slid easily into her cunny, the feline's breath coming in shorter pants.