All Comments on 'The Sweetest Thing'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
The sweetest thing

A direct injection of sugar to the bloodstream. Great story. Thanks, Randi.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
The Title Says It All

A delightful story of love and redemption, thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Very Nice!

I'm proud that my story shared its debut with yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Superb.

You deserve more than thanks. That has the power to change lives

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Quite the story of redemption

Forgiveness

Regret

and

Love

Thanks

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Entertaining Storyline

A well-told story that had a different path than most of getting to the finale. It's obvious where it's going early on but that doesn't take away the fun of the trip.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not a romance

There was no feeling of romance in this, just power abuse, regret and redemption. It is possible that some readers will feel the redemption is romance, but the initial power abuse argues against romance. This would have been a superior Loving Wives tale, but is only a “meh” story in this category.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Unfortunately....Yuk

This story would have been charming and entertaining if not for the bullshit whoring.

Has anyone ever seen a woman that went from alcohol abuse to whoring every night for a whole crew for years?

There would not be much left. All the glow and god details were totally out of place with her slimy cunt.

Would have worked well without the whoring....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hummm.

what the hell???

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why was this moved from romance?

Bad move. Now asshats like silentsound will spew their garbage around.

SystemShockSystemShockover 6 years ago
Not for me

I guess this was supposed to be some kind of romanticized tale of redemption, but it just had me rolling my eyes. Heartless psychopath finally grew a conscience and couldn't handle it, then devoted her life to using the power of her magic pussy for good. That's the basic summary of this story. You can dress it up all you want, but that's what it is at the core.

I'm fine with Fanny/Vanessa seeing the error of her ways and turning over a new leaf; it's the magic pussy thing that I find so ridiculous. It's like all those stories where the wife does deplorable things with absolutely no remorse, but a few crocodile tears and a romp in the sack with hubby makes everything okay. However, this is cranked to 11 and it's a bit too much for me. Especially the inclusion of those women who literally thanked her for banging their boyfriends. This story could go into the Sci-Fi category for that alone.

Well written, but not my cup o' tea. 3 stars.

LVGirlLVGirlover 6 years ago
Extraordinary

Wonderful story wonderfully told.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Moved?

I don't see why this got moved from Romance, but maybe it will get more views over here.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
A different approach resulting in a very good story...

A different approach resulting in a very good story...A strange story, not an easy one, but I always like stories about redemption, because real redemption isn't an easy task...Sure soon we knew who the strange was, but the story was all about her deeds...4*

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
Well, golly, gee, there, systemshock

You have all the emotional empathy and cultured charm of a garden slug. Anyone who can't see the sweet redemption and grace of this story should crawl back into his cave and pick the fleas out of his fur.

Great story, Mr. Rider. I don't usually enjoy your stories, too extreme and twisted for me, but this one was solid gold, all the way through.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
ok that's a unique one

not sure about it yet but points for originality

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fabulous!

Great plot, refreshing, lots of twists and turns, and very well written in the usual quirky Edrider style. One of my favourite authors - Please keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Whats that?? A slut story???

So much to describe a slut??? Whats exciting or erotic at that crap??? But your stories are always strangely enough !!!

SueDanymSueDanymover 6 years ago
Pleasure reading.

This story was a true pleasure to read. All of the character evolved during the course of the story. It was sensitive and in the end, nonjudgmental. I confess, it made me cry after reading it, not once but twice.

Happy endings are the best! Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love in a rather strange way

Vanessa is a nymph. She fucks other men while married. After her husband divorced her, she found her hideout in a barge. Then she fucked the entire crew.

Strangely the exhusband cared her & searched for her. He even took her & remarried her.

Here we have a story of a persistent slut & a persistent cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I don't like slut

Score 1*

49greg49gregabout 5 years ago
Really good.

Real good.

Helen1899Helen1899almost 4 years ago
I loved everyword

What a wonderful story, I loved every word of it. It had special significance for me, I have spent many happy hours on the Leeds to Liverpool Canal, which meanders through many wonderful places including Foulridge, Skipton and Keigthly, were incidentally my most favourite Indian restaurant can be found 'The Shimla Spice, if your in the area try it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I find a perverse pleasure in all his stories...

As usual he outdoes himself. I find many of his stories to be terrifying but good stories.

This one is particularly good. As weird as it sounds, it does make me want to visit, but not for the entertainment.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

This is some seriously gay shit.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Moved from romance to LW. Maybe it will move to the shitter where it can finally rest with the rest of the rotten shit. LoL!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a fantasy, couched in excellent writing! A Mary Magdalene story?! Uplifting for whores and with religion thrown in! Where do you find your muse, Sir??

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

An interesting view of a fallen person and what it took to resurrect her. Very good writing no matter your views of the subject matter

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

I really dislike this story.

rastageorgerastageorgealmost 3 years ago

Our Lord and Personal Savior, Jesus the Messiah/Christ knows that I wish I could give this story a MINUS five stars!!!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

Well, that was different and a good read.

effigyw333effigyw333over 2 years ago

it was a very entertaining tale. It was well paced, well written. I really liked it and will "favorite" it so I can enjoy it even more.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

So she became a fucking whore and Sterling had little issue with that?

This was the dumbest cuck-lite story I have read of late.

Started good but just got dumber and dumber as it went. Not to mention this stupidity of it made it get rather tedious.

I can safely say anyone who liked this contrived bit of idiocy really isnt a discriminating reader.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Did NOT see that coming. Helluva tale and very original.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

That's close to literature level writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You never know what kind of story you'll find in the Loving Wives section....

Thanks for this one. Unrealistic but damned interesting. Kudos and more please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Most excellent, sir. And much appreciated.

LWlurker

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

What a strange story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A tall tail, a whore is a whore regardless if a fake marriage or not. Once a cuck is free from an abusive relationship you have to be dreaming that they would walk back into one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

this is the literary equivalent of a headlong dive into a cesspool

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Well done edrider73!

What an unusual and interesting story.

I'm surprised at the lastest harsh comments.

I don't think those readers understood the story.

Sterling divorced Vanessa because of her cheating.

At that time she was a cheating slut.

How many or frequent lovers she had after that,

was her business.

She wasn't hurting anyone.

She was neither a whore nor a slut.

I know many males would love to have a group of women

taking turns sharing their beds.

Women they care about.

I know I would!

There's nothing wrong with that, if everyone is single.

Now I would not take back a woman who had cheated on me.

But that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Sterling heard through Ahab's story, that Vanessa was a changed woman.

He clearly wanted her back and she clearly wanted the same.

It was up to them, not us readers, if they reconciled.

This story gets top ratings from me.

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeover 1 year ago

So Sterling left Vanessa because she was a whore. And then married her again because she had become a even bigger of whore. Makes total sense to me at least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Being a whore really does preclude Being spiritual. The whores in the Bible all repented of that lifestyle. As SystemShock so excellently stated, spreading her magic pussy around to the entire crew of a ship simply goes to she she hasn't really changed much. She's still a whore at heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Twisted. Sad. Dark.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

That is a very strange tale.

Well written and kept me reading to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just fuck off with your twisted logic.

Why the hell would he ever want her back when she's an even bigger whore now than she was when he left her? She's a used piece of filth. Better to leave her there and start over.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What an unusual topic and story. So different that it is somewhat difficult to wrap my head around. Well written and message received but not something to read again. 4*s.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

I thought I had already read most of moronic, convoluted and idiotic stories on this site...turns out I was wrong.

This one beats them all.

Just what drugs were you taking when you wrote this?

deependerdeepender9 months ago

An absolutely magnificent story. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow. This was sheer lunacy. At first I thought this was set like 100 years ago, but then she mentions the pill. Somehow no worries about VD until years later? Condoms stop everything, right? They never slip or break. She screwed on of the crew including the captain, 364 days a year. What is with the happiness of a husband is based on sex and food? Thatbis why I though was set in another century. The stuff about harlots in the Bible was out of place. Mary Magdalene, as an example, repented and stopped being a prostitute. What Vanessa did was technically not whoring because she didn't get paid, but the "bringing happiness" to thr men each night, still doesn't change that she was being a wanton slut. And the fact it is posed as a "marriage" to Sterling every night, just shows how much of a mental headcase she is. Why would anyone want that back, glow or no glow? Yes her character changed from when she was the tyrannical wife or the evil divorcee, but so what? Who would be so hard up in love that they would want to live the rest of their lives with a wacko? Writer writes well buy the story is surreal, especially since set in modern times. Yikes! How is this rated so high?

Pjam1968Pjam19687 months ago

This tale is just to much twisted for me.

Thanks for the writing, good job

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Что курит автор?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Unique. Author writes well. But plot was surreal and cringeworthy.

WisquejacWisquejac4 months ago

Absolutely excellent story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I understand the repentant ex-wife and her weird idea of punishnent. However, the fact that she's spreading her legs every night for one of the crew makes her even more of a slut than she was before. The capper is her remarrying her husband and opening their home to all these sailors she's been banging for God knows how long. But hey, it's just sex, right?🙄

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut3 months ago

That was a strange tale. Totally over the top and beyond the point where one could suspend disbelief. Yet upon the reference to Love Is The Sweetest Thing I cried my eyes out. Sometimes the art that touches us to the greatest extent initially appears to be the most tenuous to reality.

The boats plying the broadwater cargo trade in the UK are very few. The maximum net cargo is about 480tonnes, so hardly needing or able to support a crew. I had a friend who owned one by accident, I don't think he ever carried a commercial cargo in it. Other boats he owned did dredge the Ouze and I went out for a few days doing that. Good 1960s documentary on such craft and the operations Broad Waterways.

RIP Derek, a deeply missed friend.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous