All Comments on 'The Symmetry of Sin'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 163 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good! I'm the 1st to comment!

Not liked him keeping her but at this stage of life why make life a bundle of trouble. Nice thinking of his to live well and enjoy life without worrying about anyone. A good Story with a taste of a bitch slut wife.

'

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Shrug...

...circumstances dictate options which dictate what choices become palatable.

The old-coot didn't really have any "good" choices available to him. I suppose the "moral" choice would have been divorce, but then he wouldn't of been able to afford a mistress and his ex would have still had Mikhael, for however long he was going to live.

As for the writing, LOTS of grammar and spelling errors. Made it rather difficult at times to discern what you meant, but was still reasonably easy to read. The strong point was the dialog. Particularly between Mitu and the husband.

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Liked it a lot

A very practical solution; much better than burn the bitch; if I ever write something other than a burn the bastard story (not bloodly likely), I'll write it like you did! 5*

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 10 years ago
Love it

I'm sure that she regrets what she had done. Every time he goes out, she knows what he going to be doing and that has to frost her ass no end. While there are a lot of cases where it is correct to BTB, I think he handled this one quite well. No messy divorce where he had to give her half of every thing. Still has his house. She still loves him as much as before and at his age it is very hard to find someone who would love him even half that much. The only thing I would not be able to do was to have sex with her. Treat her exactly like she had been treating him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
satisfaction

He should have paid Borodin a visit even just to wish him a life in hell

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
A Man-age-able Purgatory

Was this a cheerful story told in a ostensibly minor key ? I enjoyed the complexity of the plot's looping tour thru a labyrinth of white lies. The interracial carnal interlude was told sweet and sotto.

Life throws curveballs. Some take their bat and glove and go home. Chilly Willy showed how the narrator ( & others ) found a way to adjust to that fact & find a sweet spot.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
It is sad you avoided black and white cookie cutter simplicity

This means that you invite a bunch of not very intelligent comments about how stupid and cuckolded this man is.

There is nothing this man can do to gain 'satisfaction'. Her lover is dying. Can't get much more final than that. He still loves his wife...and doesn't particularly want to change that fact...though he's open to persuasion if she gets too bitchy about HIS cheating. So he can't drag her into a basement and torture her until she pledges her 'love' for him. Not to mention if he's TOO difficult with his wife, his kids will hate him. He doesn't want to lose his other investments in life. So how many options are REALISTICALLY open to him?

I know he's supposed to win the lottery, sell her to some Asians with a granny fetish and find a 25 year old virgin who wants to suck him dry every day...but strangely, most men in his life circumstances didn't get the memo that that is owed them...

This is a very muted, subtle piece about sometimes life kicking you in the fork and all you can do is the best that you can. It will upset the fantasists who insist on the good guys being unequivocally rewarded and the bad guys being obviously punished...and humiliated...and hurt...and...well you get the picture.

What did he get? More sex with younger women. A wife who now gets to feel how shallow, selfish and painful her actions were to her spouse except she gets to live it NOW and obviously, not ex post facto like the man found out. Oh yes...and the shit ton of money he is now spending on his sweeties which SHE is missing out on. His kids and wife KNOWING exactly what kind of woman she is. Her reputation is shredded and she knows THAT too. So, no, she isn't being physically scarred or tormented. She isn't sucking 70 year old cock or being a crack whore. Is she really happy about where she is and what is happening in her life? No. That is enough to happen to someone you still care about. That he DOESN'T suddenly turn off his feelings and actually measures the good with the bad speaks well of HIM.

I rarely mention this, because I usually skip those sections, but the sex scene was nicely described, at least for me.

The one part which I don't buy is exactly how miserable his wife COULD make him feel about this circumstance if she set her mind to it. Cutting comments, calling the kids when he went 'out whoring', ruining his reputation in the here and now.

But...she can't without becoming a cat lady in a small apartment or a granny living with her kids. But still, I can't help but wonder how much of a carrot and stick approach she would run to get him to actually stop this without crossing that line.

Certainly it would be enough to sap most of the joy out of his experiences (but women have a definite talent in that regard...)

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
No good cards were in his hands...

but CW does a fine job of salvage operation the husband puts together.

Nice story of making lemons into lemonade-but without the sugar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

The symmetry was perfect! No crying wimp was refreshing. She did need to suffer a little more having to accept her new reality. Everyday should have been anguishing as he availed himself to joys of the other women.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
pretty realistic

Hubby doing whats best for him and his future along with the knowledge his children can't and don't fault his actions comes across as very realistic tho I do think a DNA test would of been a necessity for piece of mind in the long run.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
cantbuyabrain

That jelly cockless bitch can't keep his piehole shut (explains why you see so many cocks in there). If that eunuch could write half as well as this author maybe he'd have some red H's - this is a well-written story, regardless if any pea-brains agree with the ending.

pkmapkmaover 10 years ago
A wonderfully thought out and delivered human study

I am at the stage of life when I realize that all things are made of a series of decisions and compromises. Your story was a great character study and delves into (and presents) that part of life stark relief.

Well written, great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Laughed at this one...

"She saw me pouring a little vile of piss on the ashes and raised an eye brow. Not wanting to make a scene I said:"Wodka"(which is how the Russians pronounce Vodka)" He was Russian and you loved him."

Well done :-)

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Very well done.

As PKma and the narrator pointed out, our reactions reflect our age and our experience. At 30 he would have played BTB but after forty years of pleasant marriage one does not throw out the good with the bad.

Balanced Analysis.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
@Anonymous "Cantbuyabrain"

I admire your "courage", Anonymous, as well as your vocabulary - straight to the point, well worked out yet still polite. Well, actually your comment is just insulting, shows a lack of education (I´m sorry you CantbuyaBrain yourself - although you obviously don´t miss it) - manners and personal style. Did you, for instance, know, that "Bitches" don´t really have a cock? Shouldn´t you first of all learn the basics before critizising others (who actually write stories, not just try to read them).

Next time you scream you should "put meat into the soup" or come up with constructive critizism, not some unqualified beloney junk. Try it..sometimes it works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Husband shows he is dominant male

I agree with cpete. I also see a theme of dominance emerging from within a man who was not until he had to be for his own mental health. Affairs are never "just sex" so his relationship with Mitu is balancing. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
calm down Ego

I'll offer you some "constructive critizism" - spell check does work, use it - otherwise people will think your comments are "some unqualified beloney junk."

Good story - at least this author knows how to write and edit, more than can be said for the huecucks and wannabe huecucks posting illiterate stories and comments ad nauseum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
@ EgoTrixi

Yikes man, don't squeak about someone's lack of education while at the same time time writing critizism and beloney, lost all credibility.

The closet-cucks will whine about this story but it was well-done, folks with actual education will appreciate the quality.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Good story

When i saw a comments of praise from a couple of the biggest misandrist on Lit I almost skipped the story. Glad I didn't. Of course the idea that they love each other is ridiculous. They are together because they both made the calculation that it is easier and less expensive to stay put. That's not love that is inertia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hmmm....

Liked the story more than i thought. 5

SKHPSKHPover 10 years ago
Lifelong betrayal and love???

I can never understand how anybody can say "I still love her" if that wife has betrayed him for decades. Maybe coexisting for the remainder of their life might be an option, but of course not "love".

I think I have a very different definition of "love" than this and several other authors on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

You badly need an editor. Is the guy's name Jason or Chris?

the story line isn't bad, but try and avoid saying the same thing multiple times by rephrasing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Cantbuymy

Cantbymy's parents need DNA on HIM.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Both a pair of cheating shitbags.

He fully intended to cheat before he ever found out about what she did, and even planned to steal from his marriage to support his pet prostitute, repeatedly lying to himself and to others about what he was doing. The only thing that makes them close to even was her own cheating.

Both should die in a fire. What a fucking waste of virtual flesh.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done.

I read them all today and you are the best one on the page in spite of the scores. Original, well written, great story! Definitely a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

FD45,Cpeat,Bruce22.........what they said. You can still love someone eventhough they have been unfaithful to you. It comes with a long marriage.

Now I do agree with Cantbuymelove............Get the DNA checked just to make sure. If you can overlook(deal with) the wife's past, you can surely overlook the genetics of your children..........the ones that you have loved for their entire life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wtf is cansellyou on about? he's never had pussy

Stick to commenting about what you know cansell, getting cucked by your blowup doll, the rest of us adults in the room understand and appreciate this good writing, another thing you don't know shit about.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Realistic

Other than a couple of editorial glitches this was a fine story. After all those years together, plus the death of the asshole (good touch; it was a long painful death) there was no need for a nuclear response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
for that is what a good marriage is, being able to accept our partners as they are, not as we would have them be.

hand me a phone, I'm calling "1-800- bullshit" on that statement

what I would have my wife be is LOYAL. that's the general idea behind taking the marriage vows.

anyone who can't grasp that simple fact is utter fucking brain dead.

"as we would have them be"?

Fuck you.

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
InterestingI liked

I liked it a lot more then I thought I would,this is not a standard story.Her fling with Borodin is interesting because the sex is crap and she really can't stand him in more then short doses,yet in her own way Jason is right, he is a second husband,more as an emotional affair than sexual; in fact, it sounds like she didn't particularly lust after him.I think Jason is right,the only reason she had sex with him was because she felt guilty about the sex with borodin,that if she had her way she wouldn't have sex with.either one.To be honest,she isn't a slut,she is a person who never learned to have emortional attachments and fell for the image of a man (borodin) in some sort of weird way to have something.Jason doesn't sound like someone who thinks fox news is intellectual,so why not share that with him?

As far as staying together I think Jason realized that what happened was outweighed by what he had,and the key is he decided it,not Karen,he got what he was missing and yet had what did work.Reading lit and the comments you would think sex is all thete is to love,but this relationship shows that sex isn't necessarily the most important thing.Karen controlled things for years,Jason took that back and it didn't change things.

The story has a piece of (unintended) humor,when he says he outsourced sex,the woman being Indian is kind of ironic humor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well Said.

Cantbuymy, Very well said.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
Interesting!

There was very little fantasy in this story. It all seemed very real. Any of us that have been married for years realize we've made compromises and often feel that we lost the war. The guy did what he could to be happy. The wife's hypocrisy was believable. I enjoyed the story, although I found it sad and it made me melancholy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well Written.

I couldn't do it, finding something like this would end my marriage, but still a good story.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Another for the manual

I am amassing a group of stories which should be required reading (REQUIRED, with a test after each reading!) for couples applying for a marriage license! This is now another member of that compendium! Great lessons, both regarding actions AND decision processes!

Incidentally...some of the grammar 'errors' suggested by one reader...weren't!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
many couples

that have been married for 30 plus years have had this situation with the bounds of their marriage. But many of us will never know for sure....

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
what is his name?

If you don't care enough about your stories and the characters to use the same name for your principal character throughout the whole story, why should we?

Chris? Jason? You told us almost nothing about them anyway, what difference does it really matter?

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Hard Day was right.

I gave it a five, but I was ambivalent about the theme. It was the sense of loss; you think you have a loyal wife for forty years and find out you've been deceived. It was a good theme, good telling, and pretty original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
50

50

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A wonderful story

There was a symmetry albeit unbalanced, of their cheating. She believed his was the greater sin because of frequency. He believed hers was the greater sin for duration. How these two ever saw things in a similar way enough to get together in the first place, I don't know. They had unequal sex drives and unequal morals or values. I understand why they stayed together, though I doubt any of us would know how we would have resolved the situation until we are in their shoes. The quality of the remainder of their life was a greater influence than their sense of right and wrong, and does love figure into this equation? *****

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Well Written

But I hated it. I hate the idea. In my mind every time she fucked her lover she was denying her husband. When the lover was unable to perform she closed up shop for her loving and might I add faithful husband (at the time). He did what he did out of a lifetime of frustration and betrayal. Yeah I hated it but it was still worth five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well written but Racist all the same

For a seemingly educated man you are quite ignorant and a bit of a racist. Firstly there is nobody who is a hindi .Hindi is a language spoken in the Indian subcontinent As per the CIA world fact book it is the worlds 5th most spoken language with 2.7 of world speaking it compared to 4.8 speaking English.

Secondly all Indians are not Hindus which is probably the religion u were referring to and is the world's third most followed with more than a billion adherents. Please at least read up and don't show so openly what everyone else in the world says that Americans are literate but uneducated . The sun definitely does not shine out of a white English speaking Americans ass.

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
5 stars

Original take on the "Bundle of Wild Cards" plot. I liked the protagonist's line that went something like this: "I had to put up with your shit while he got the cream." Overall really good writing. I got the protag and you depicted him consistently.

As to the Anon/Racist comment preceding mine: settle down. Ever notice that the "i" and "u" on the keyboard are right next to each other? My guess is that the use of "Hindi" rather than "Hindu" was a result of keystroke error, or possibly simple confusion over terms, rather than racism. To be honest, most white Americans harbor very little opinion about Indians one way or the other, except for some preconceptions that they tend towards academic achievement and convenience store ownership.

magmamanmagmamanover 10 years ago
Different.

And interesting. I like different and interesting. I really liked the part about not being able to get another spouse that has been with you for 40 years.

There would be smiles, pain, ailments, troubles, joy and anger, all mixed into to the relationship. Then children, that is a tie that cannot be undone. A week, a month, even a few years, perhaps. But not 4 decades of it.

One can walk away, but it is never really ever gone, and that is completely true.

Good job!

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
After years with "that special" soneone...

It's sad what we would be forced to live with & accept at the end of our days because of the bad choices of someone else. If one chooses to believe in an afterlife; where would the soul of a cheater spend their eternity??? Just thought provoking.

TXanyTXanyover 10 years ago
Your preface almost warned me off...

Your introduction was lighthearted and seemed to give away the story line and seemed to describe a plot line I wouldn't be interested in...to the point I almost skipped the whole thing. However, I have read several of your others and was willing to give this one a chance. I'm glad I did. Once I actually got into the story, I forgot about your lead-in and found the the story to be very compelling. At the end I did go back and re-read the intro...I would suggest you don't generalize so in your intro. You obviously worked hard on the story, and it is much more than a "living well is sweet revenge" story, and I know you want to be fair to the readers and warn off the BTB crowd, but this intro did not do justice the the quality of work about to follow.

Your writing about their interplay and the picture you paint of the characters is really good and made the story very entertaining. Naturally the BTB crowd was unhappy, but the pain he felt when he learned of her betrayal was clear and easily understood. His thought processes was well shared and fun to follow. His implementation was great...we were usually privy to his plan before he acted, unlike many other authors who hide behind secrecy because they can't write as well, or the plot isn't as well thought out. It followed a logical path to a logical conclusion, and his discussions with his wife, his daughter and his mistress were memorable. As many reviewers mentioned, will put this story on the "must read" list.

I only wondered if he, a man who seems to be logical in thought and behavior would choose to not know about parentage...if for no other reason than to be prepared for an emergency should one of his children or grand-children ever need life-saving care and decisions? Shouldn't he know in advance?

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Radkl "Statue of Limitation"????? HansBwl "Wild Card"???

I began to read.

1. A answer story to the stories of other two Authors??????

2. The woman viagra in front of FDA. If the side and adverse effects are mild we can hope to decrease the matter of elder married pairs.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
More exact darta

The more exact data is the next: 55% of the wives and 60% husbands minimum 1 extramarital affair for life time........60 years go 25% for wives and 60% husbands (prostitute usage is cheating too......).

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Mutuality story

I gave 5***** at the end of the second page. I like the working mutuality stories and almost automaticly give 5*****. The Revenge stories par excelence are mutuality stories against the one sided stories......

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Romantic Revenge story

Excellent Romantic Revenge story. However I have a cheating wife change to better new woman/wife fetish but I enjoy this excellent mutuality tale.

I wrote an comment to a misterstan's story that after cheating/extramarital sex of a wife every husband lose the imagine barrier to extramarital activity..........but this is true vica versa if the husband began to cheat...........I got from the one side connection lovers so much injuring and offends.............

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 10 years ago
Shit ! This was excellent

Chilley,

I normally prefer to write the author a personal note to elicit a response.

Your story is great at several levels, particularly where Chris' hands are tied about a decision since he is old. I've read your other stories - the writing is always great, but the protags usually catch the wife in the act pretty early, are usually sermonizing and the wife still manages to give the slip (no pun here) and "up-grade".

This story in my opinion is a hall-of-famer and lots better than the original from hansbwl, because of Chris' reactions.

It would have been a hell of a lot better if Chris now fathers a couple of children, say for a young couple and leaves (even all his) money for these kids in his will. There was no remorse (in fact a lot of indignation) from Karen for her 3-decades bigamy (whatever the frequency may be).

Since Karen took out the decision making from him (he didn't catch the cheating decades earlier), he can certainly enjoy the reminder of their married life and leave her to fend for herself money-wise if he dies before her (women largely out-live women). That would have been symmetric.

When Chris dies leaving Karen in penury, Karen will know first-hand how it feels when life decisions are taken out of one's hands just because of old age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*s

Awesome story. As your reader am conflicted. Normal response BTB !

But I am married almost 30 years. Completely understand his choices . Wow that's a great story.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Duna Delphi ?

Can anyone explain Duna ?

What the ?? He means what ??

AMerryMan

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggover 10 years ago
Never the less

Actually, nevertheless is one word, not three.

DrallDrallover 10 years ago
First Rate!!

I'd like to give this more than 5 stars.Thank you so much!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 10 years ago
Good stuff

And has a more probable outcome than many other stories on this site. And, as far sd i'm concerned you can spell "never the less" any way u want.... f ing English msjor wannabe dictionaryNazi's

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pretty damn dopey story

I enjoyed the comments though. Anyone who waxes poetic about this being "realistic" and believable is already reality impaired so no wonder this was meaningful. This is typical stuffed shirt, neo cuck BS with the long suffering buffoon knowing that his vile dishonest and insidiously selfish wife really does love him so he wants to stay in this lie of a life because it is comfortable and he is getting some on the side. That last part is funny. Who would screw this idiot. Only sluts like the wife he already has. So no, to not like this silly tale is not being a simple, black and white, mean spirited person that doesn't understand humanity. It is to be someone with more than a sit com understanding of human nature and finding this to be just stupid and lacking meaning in this world.

IrfonIrfonover 10 years ago
Excellent story...

...and well written too !!

Your words resonate in many mens brains - especially those who are amongst the Older ones...

In Marriage and Life - use the 'Art of Compromise' - as this great story shows !

...despite the Anger & Fury over her betrayal - he came out ahead !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
@ AMerryMan

Duna is that guy who craps himself at your party then falls into the hot tub.

Not invited but shows up anyway, gets shitfaced and defecates in the rose bushes.

The sight and smell of the Duna drives all the women away, effectively ending the party.

Thanks alot Duna you dumbass!

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
ITS HARD TO DRAW A STRAIGHT LINE

from open to closed to ajar, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What, realistic????

Hogwash..no sane person, male or female, would accept this situation. Those who believe this is how it usually would work are as far out in the field as this story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Good story

I really enjoyed it.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well done story about the choices we willingly make

And those that are forced upon us. This was an honest portrayal of the decisions, negotiations and compromises people make in long term marriages. Like it or not, every marriage doesn't end in BTB to the ground. Well written but maybe a little better proof reading would have helped.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

I like your writting style. Easy flow and lovely choice of words.

The story stroke the ego of the male readers but one should think what the future is going to be like.for the husband. What happen when the husband falls sick just like the wife's lover? Will the wife be there to comfort him or will she neglect him?

What goes around comes around they said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very good story

I really enjoyed this read. All out BTB is fun once in a while, but I find that I enjoy the stories where there is some winning and some losing on both sides (although I always root for the slighted party to take a greater share of said winning than losing) because that's probably closer to what would happen in life.

There were a few lines from this story that will stay in the back of my mind for quite a while, I'm sure. A testament to good writing, I guess.

Thanks for the read. Look forward to more.

Dubby49Dubby49over 10 years ago
'Hindi'

is a language. 'Hindu' is a religion. 'Indian' is a race,

Apart from these irritating errors, it was a good story.

iffarmeriffarmerover 10 years ago
Wow!

Very good story. The grammatical errors are easily overlooked by the otherwise excellent writing. Five stars. The dying friend is the weakest link in the story, and could have been introduced differently to make it stronger, but still five stars anyway.

This story tracks very closely with my marriage. Too closely, perhaps. The only major difference is there is no sugarbaby in my life. I don't think I want one. And a minor difference: I had/have not given up on the wife like the husband here. The rest of the story line is very similar to my life, including the husband's solution. I suspect the author or a close acquantance has experienced something similar in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Get it right Dubby

Get it all right Dubby. You score two out of three. Hindi is a language. 'Hindu' is a religion. 'Indian' is not a race, (what the fuck is a race anyway?) it is a nationality. India is a State.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

ohioohioover 10 years ago
Thoughtful and powerful

I read this story after reading Duna's comment on my "My Blue Angel." I can see the connection, despite the many differences.

chilleywilley's story is longer, richer, and a great deal more serious. I found it emotionally powerful and compelling from beginning to end. Without claiming that mine is as good, what the 2 stories both have is a husband who is a bit more mature and thoughtful, who doesn't fly automatically into a BTB rage but who evaluates carefully the pros and cons of his life and his marriage, and tries to find solutions to his problem that will be the ones most likely to make him happy.

Chris/Jason (in chilleywilley's story) recognizes that a 40-year investment in a marriage--the memories, the shared life together, the children, etc.--is valuable. One doesn't throw it away lightly, even when the pain and anger cut very deep. Is the solution in this story the only possible one? Obviously not! But it is a plausible one, especially as the author presents the details of the situation.

Very well done!

Thanks, ohio

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
DNA

I would have still gotten the DNA test. If it came out badly the result would be slow death for the conspirators. I would have beaten the balls off of the Russian on principle alone. I would also have let the Russian know what kind of pain he had caused his "lover" and I would have made her life a living hell. Cheating is a moral crime and the punishment is whatever the offended party can heap on the criminals.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
?

So after all that he has no problems being someone else's Borodin? I don't get it.

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
"Sleep downstairs, or in the guest room lest your anguish keep me up."

What a great line! Just re read this, appreciated it again as if it was the first time. Thanks for writing.

Best regards,

-Pultoy

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Sad

Tough tale. What gets me is her bringing up the cheating at the dinner with the children having been a slut herself most of the marriage. Makes this a sad life for everyone involved.

Damn

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Loved the story....

The husbands ability to look at a problem rationally and come to the best possible solution was the best option at his stage in life. A BTB attitude would have destroyed both their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
All Very Rational

But I'm completely unconvinced that the author has experienced this situation. You'd have to be an emotional iceberg to be able to carry on seeing your wife as 'a good friend and companion' after you discover that she has deceived you for the past forty years and you may not even be the father of your children (but you'd rather deceive your children than face the implications-pretty despicable). Would you stay with any 'friend' who had done something as serious as that to you? No-because the daily reminder of the treachery is too painful. All looks neat on paper but just isn't going to work if you have any self-respect left.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Concritic123

They never had a life,it was all a lie,she was doing all of things outside of directly raising a family were for her lover.the experiences sex romance all for her lover.

He stayed together because its was such a crappy life he just didn't care anymore.

A story about two pathetic people,depressing as hell.

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
Does he really consider her a "good friend and companion...?"

Or is it just what he's telling her so that he can have the pleasure of spending the remainder of their married life doing to her what she did to him? Since he's probably concluded he's too old to try starting an entirely new life with someone new, he's keeping the parts of his wife that he still has a use for, getting caught up on all the sexual satisfaction she denied him all those years and getting payback in her knowing what he's doing.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Random Thoughts

First, it's good that the wife could listen to reason and accept the situation.

Second, I'm curious about their resumed sexual relations. I thought she had "lost the desire for sex?" Makes me think that his theory was correct, that she shut him off once Mikhail could no longer have sex.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Agree with the last commenter

I think that her affair with Mikhail or whatever was the more emotional of her two relationships. He was in actuality spouse #1 and homey was just there for spousal support and to father children. She even commented on the fact that primo wasn't a good money manager and that he wasn't a very likable person. So when cock dried up with primo, playground closed with the cuck. Her response when confronting Segundo about his "affair" was very self-righteous and inappropriate considering her behavior, but was consistent with her mindset and the priorities she assigned to her two marriages. The fact that she went to her children to try to poison them before she even confronted Segundo shows her blatant disrespect for him and his feelings. Then the convoluted tale of woe (all about her and primo) was so ludicrous that is was sickening.

I said all of that to say this. This was one of the most well written stories of this kind that I have seen. The author not only stated his story through his dialogue and his narration, he also was subtly telling his story through the actions of his characters. Rare gift to his readers. Indeed.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I enjoy

CW stories. I found, in the beginning, this story to be a bit tedious. I liked the story much better after H and W had their confrontation. Interesting approach to have the confrontation at the dinner table with the "kids." Also had an interesting epilogue.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I enjoyed the story. Good dialog, writing, and reading. Even at my mid octogenarian age I'd have booted her ass out. Cheers!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
How many names does he have?

For the longest time, no one had a name, then he had not just one, but somehow on the same page(s) he had two. We know Karen and Mitu, have learned of a nameless son and daughter who also have spouses. Oh, there is also the Russian with a name that might be fictitious.

"Chris, I have thought about this thing, and I want to do it."

"Jason, close the curtains."

Maybe, just like the logic applied by Karen, with so many not having names, his having two might put it in balance? Symmetry?

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Don't Really Buy It!

This was an interesting story. However, this affair went on to long and was too emotionally deep to be ignored. Throughout his marriage he was number 2. I would definitely get DNA on the kids because I would not believe anything out of her mouth. She is a cheat and a liar. This husband was never put first by this wife. I really believe that she cut him off from sex because her number 1 lover couldn't perform anymore. Anyway, he only got second-class sex from her, so why bother. I'm sure this guy could find companionship again. He needs to get rid of the wife and start thinking oh himself, he should finally become number1. Thank You for a very interesting and creative story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Fascinating concpet execution

He did what many would find insane or at least unsane -= and they may be right -

But he also did what he wanted AND finally found a way to make his life be as happy as it could be in the here and now - he accepted that the past was in the p[ast and he had a future where he could make choices.

His age and lifestyle dictated some of his choices (in his perception) and he was right to do what he did - for him at least.

What a solution and what a stupid bitch - she managed to do well enough by him and ought to get down on her knees on the steps of Julliard and suck his dick in gratitude - she would be one lonely old bitch without him. She had an affair then came to her senses and then restarted with him and kept going for decades - idiot. "Of course the kids are yours" why of course?? she made sure he fathered them then went back to fucking the Russian?? how noble - NOT - she ASSumed she could do as she pleased and dictate how her husband responded?? - NOT -

Great narrative and excellent dialogue - thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Huh?

Where did you get your ideas about Hindu sexuality or fashion? Or did you just pick something far away? In this case you chose just about the most wrong subject you could be. While the random sex some westerners participate in is not acceptable, premarital sex and even extra marital sex is perfectly acceptable... And the mechanics are taught to both young men and women.

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
@KarenE, I agree

To a point I agree. He was number 2 (pun intended) throughout his marriage. In short he was the meal ticket. A saint he was not, but, irrespective of that, once he found out, he went from fantasizing to getting the job done. She closed the gates as soon as she didn't have to feel guilty about sex with husband number one so she denied husband number two. He told her at the onset of this tale that he would look outside the marriage to meet his needs. The daughter having been warned should have told her mother to drop it at the dinner table, she knew the score in a limited manner, and was even told to warn the mother as such. Nobody took his , well you can't even call them hints, blatant statement of the situation. Why is it that the cheater will almost always try to humiliate the suspected cheater in public but suddenly are dying to get out of the conversation when they realize that not only is the jig up, or that they are not so Lilly white or whatever other metaphor you care to use? To my mind it is because they know that they are weaker than the accused and need backup. See the story of being for the benefit of mister kite, or requital, just to name two. And when the husband brings out the proof, then all of a sudden it is oh woe is me, how can he do this to me.

In short she was so arrogant, self centered, and just down right bitch that she thought she could get away with anything. To bring the kids into it is classic cake eater. All of a sudden her sexual skills went up because she knew that she had to compete? Sorry but I don't buy that. She short changed him throughout twenty five of twenty eight years. Normally I am a BTB type. But this is not RAAC and he is not a wimp. He just decided that he would take kare of himself from then on. As he said she could accept it or irreconcilable differences. Her call to be made. If he was thirty years younger then so be it, he would have been out like a shot. But he wasn't. So he did what he could. I would have liked to see him get together with Mitu, but then again I am not the author. I do feel that his son may not be his, otherwise why would he feel the need to meet the guy.

Overall decent story line, and fairly well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Copywriting the story

I got a real laugh about the author copywriting this story. Why?? Who would want to claim this crappy story as their own?

jasonnhjasonnhover 8 years ago
Hmmmmm

I wonder if she lost interest in sex with the official husband because while cheating on him, for most of their marriage, she lost respect for him? She gave him what you would give someone she doesn't respect, the bare bones and nothing more.

When he discovered her secret and stood up to her, she was forced to respect him because he demanded it, and that reignited her sexual interest in him.

I liked the story overall. I understand why he made the choice he did. It made some sense for him. But I still have a big problem with it. At the end, he says "We still like each other as friends, and love each other mentally and physically. We share a bed, meals, walks and conversations we couldn't have with anyone else". I have to ask everyone, if you had been friends with someone for 25 years and found out they had been lying to you about things for 25 years, maybe stole a couple of girlfriends from you or screwed them while they were dating you, would you still feel that person was a friend? Still someone you want to hang around with? If I didn't distance myself completely from such a person I sure wouldn't hang around with them as much and sure wouldn't trust them. To Chris, it's described as all about the sex. How about the lies and betrayal? What kind of person does that make Karen? Certainly not the person he thought she was. I would have problems remaining close to such a person. I think most people would.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5*

well, you know that goose and gander thing...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

pure cuck shit.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Alone

She is a piece of shit, how could she be a friend? Let alone a best friend or a wife? It doesn't make sense. True, having children together makes it awkward but the divorce would be on her. As I get older, I have less and less concern about being alone and more and more discomfort being with people who make me unhappy. Living with a cheater who fucked me over for 25 years would make me unhappy. The selfishness, the lies, the total lack of respect would make it unbearable. Yes, the horse was out of the barn, but is wasn't the affair, it was the total lack of love on her part. Now the kids are grown. what is there to hold them together? No love, no respect, a 25 year old affair? This story as so many here does not make any sense. No good reason is put forth for not going their separate ways. In this case it seems more like inertia rather than anything else is holding them together. Sometimes, the husband is turned into some all forgiving saint. Not here. He just goes out, fucks around, and lives with his cheating wife. Why?

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 8 years agoAuthor
Sugna

He had three choices, divorce, ignore it, or negotiate. For him staying with her and getting younger better sex on the side was his choice. In effect they had a companionate marriage in which she had done some relatively low level cheating. Can't change he past, he chose to go after what he wanted, and got it.

Someone else might have divorced, or just slogged along.

Sounds like you came to hate your ex, so dumping her made sense in your case.

Thank you for the comments

Peter

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Wrong + Wrong = Very Wrong

In his favour:-

25 years of cheating with one lover a couple of times a year.

Cutting him off when she stopped screwing her lover. Proven when she "refinds" her libido.

Against:-

He started cheating before he knew that she had cheated.

He cheats (later with her knowledge) a lot more often with many lovers.

He rubs her nose in it.

They are as bad as each other and deserve each other.

kdcee79kdcee79almost 8 years ago
Not that good

Plot was ok but you failed to really develop any of the characters. Overall your writing was poor with incorrect spelling, wrong word in right places & vice versa. I didn't find it an easy or enjoyable read, so to me, you failed your main objective, which was to engage me with this tale/ 2 **

chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
Second Time Reading This Story*****

Damn what a great read. Thanks again for sharing.

avidfaavidfaalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful, complex, adult story

Unique story with a mature solution. The children (i.e., many readers on this site), not having seen life, will have their little tantrums to protest life not being as they want it to be, but those of us who have lived it know full well that a good meal often requires imaginative selection from a limited, and often disappointing, buffet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nobody to love here...

I remember consoling my teen daughter many years ago after yet another fight with her "best friend" from high school. After she tearfully regaled her mother and I with the minutia of this latest tragic outrage (teen girls take everything so seriously), I told her what I thought and gave her some advice.

Your "best friend" is not a friend at all. How can you be friends with someone who, seemingly every week, says something or does something that makes you cry? Someone who hurts your feelings that often is NOT a friend. Stop hanging around with her and spend your time with your real friends, the ones who make you happy. Life is much too short to spend even a minute with someone who only brings you pain and unhappiness.

Although the husband and wife in this story deserve each other, I cannot fathom why they remain together. They claim to be friends and only seek sex elsewhere, but how can that be true when they only bring each other pain? Maybe they can't find anyone who will put up with their crap. Nothing to care about anyone or anything in this story. Sucks to be them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Makes you think.

But in. Real life the wife just used the husband for support.

The kids probably are not the husbands.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
HOW DOES ONE COMPROMISE ON CHEATING

and expect situation normal....,more like SNAFU. TK U MLJ LV NV

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous