All Comments on 'The Talons of a Dark Heart Ch. 10'

by TalyisBagley

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hurry

Okay, I don't often ask for someone to hurry but I do want to see what is going to happen. The suspense is killing me!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Anxiously Awaiting in NYC

Amazing.. I am running late for work.. just reading your story.. Talyis you have outdone yourself once again.. I am sitting on the edge just waiting to read the next chapter. Thanks for sharing.. this is truly a beautifully written novel. R- from NYC

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Please Hurry

Dying for another update. What happened to Calena?

me_538me_538over 14 years ago
Amazing

Well done, this is an amazing story. Don't leave us in suspense for the next chapter please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Please.....

My kids always teased me about being to mushy and teary. Looking forward to the next chapters and hopefully less tears.

bad_girl69bad_girl69over 14 years ago
NOOOOOo

PLEASE MORE!! hurry.. right now.. Write the next chapter! lol

juliet1503juliet1503over 14 years ago
Oof.

I'm sitting here bawling. Are you happy now? lol. Can't wait for the next chapter.

kitty5670kitty5670over 14 years ago
Amazing Story

Please write more! I have re-read the series completely - TWICE now! This story has me waking up early and running to my computer to see if there is another update! I am so totally hooked - great characters and a story line that has me in tears.

darkfaerdarkfaerover 14 years ago
IS LOVE SWEET!!!

At least Novack and Taylis are coming to their senses just hope is not to late. Losing someone you love can bring two people together. I am glad they realize they are in love with each other hopeful they can forgive each other and stay together.

BABY names:

girl or boy

Tiana Tyvis

Ny'tee Novack

Byianna Boyan

I hope this help.

janedoesamjanedoesamover 14 years ago
aint love grand

FINALLY!!!!!! :) Novak comes to his senses. I feel so bad for Talyis and her father. You put your readers thru a rollercoaster Talyis. Your writing is so real. I hope Talyis and Novak can come together SOON they been thru enough to have a strong love for each other. imo its totally worth waiting for. i cant wait for your next chpt. thanks for adding me to your list and the teasers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Guess I'm the only one...

...who thinks that this is a textbook case of abuse? Girl feels neglected by father, goes to abuser lover, vindicates abuser lover, who excuses actions based on what he knew, then girl tries to kill herself, and abuser lover feels bad for the time being...and the cylce repeats itself. Novak sucks. I think he was past redeemable a few chapters back. Still, you write very well. Maybe I'll read the next story you write. I'm going to quit this one now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
hmmm...I

You are a superb writer! Call me pessimistic, but I actually think (as a way of truly punishing Novack for the sins he committed to Talyis) Talyis should die and her child live...that way he has a constant reminder of his fuck-up AND a way to atone for his despicable, and in my eyes unforgivable sins....just a thought concerning an "alternate" ending...But great writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue this story!!! I've read it more than 4 times now...!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
whyyyyyyyyyy?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did you stop there? you just keep going with the suspense and its driving me crazy. i cant wait for the next chapter, i check every day to see if there are any updates on the story. please hurry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hmm

Let me first say you have a great imagination and tell a great story however, there are issues with the relationship you are building between your readers and your characters.

When you create characters people are meant to either fall in love with them or despise them. When you have people HATING one of your characters that is a good thing. It means you brought it to life.

But you are asking way too much of your readers to even suggest that just because someone loves someone that any person in their right mind could forgive anything Novak did.

Not only does it seem he condones rape, led the gang rape and encouraged further humiliation and pain on his victim. Then he allows another woman to have the woman he "loves" whipped.

After all this you are asking readers to believe that A: He loves her, B: He can be forgiven and C: To find anything redeemable in him when there is absolutely nothing in him that is.

His "reason" for all this... She acted like a child when she was a child. A grown man still dwelling on the actions of childhood. That makes Novak look even more pathetic and creepy. I feel no sympathy for that.

If it was about the massacre of his parents and his people then he'd have killed the man responsible when he had the chance and he chose not to. Which is another incredibly impossible pill for readers to swallow.

He just comes off as a creepy, sadistic, pathetic, pervert with no redeeming qualities at all. No woman in their right mind would want to be anywhere near this man after all he did. Who would want to marry a man who even condones rape let alone leads and encourages a gang rape? A seriously disturbed woman that's who.

Your female character is too intelligent and strong to expect anyone to believe she'd really even want to be with this sicko.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hmm...

Let me first say you have a great imagination and tell a great story however, there are issues with the relationship you are building between your readers and your characters.

When you create characters people are meant to either fall in love with them or despise them. When you have people HATING one of your characters that is a good thing. It means you brought it to life.

But you are asking way too much of your readers to even suggest that just because someone loves someone that any person in their right mind could forgive anything Novak did.

Not only does it seem he condones rape, led the gang rape and encouraged further humiliation and pain on his victim. Then he allows another woman to have the woman he "loves" whipped.

After all this you are asking readers to believe that A: He loves her, B: He can be forgiven and C: To find anything redeemable in him when there is absolutely nothing in him that is.

His "reason" for all this... She acted like a child when she was a child. A grown man still dwelling on the actions of childhood. That makes Novak look even more pathetic and creepy. I feel no sympathy for that.

If it was about the massacre of his parents and his people then he'd have killed the man responsible when he had the chance and he chose not to. Which is another incredibly impossible pill for readers to swallow.

He just comes off as a creepy, sadistic, pathetic, pervert with no redeeming qualities at all. No woman in their right mind would want to be anywhere near this man after all he did. Who would want to marry a man who even condones rape let alone leads and encourages a gang rape? A seriously disturbed woman that's who.

Your female character is too intelligent and strong to expect anyone to believe she'd really even want to be with this sicko.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sorry for the double post

My browser went crazy on me.

TalyisBagleyTalyisBagleyover 14 years agoAuthor
To the anonymous comments

First of all I want to say thank you for your comments and I value the opportunity for readers to share their comments anonymously if you so choose to.

I really don't like to comment on my own boards but I felt that two anonymous comments had issues that I would love to discuss with them regarding Talons in email but cannot because I don't know who they are :).

Many of you already have a full understanding of the theme and what the title means.

I am not condoning abuse, nor am I trying to paint the picture of abuse. Some enjoy non-consent stories, others don't. But this is more than a non-consent story. I debated whether to place chapter 4 under non-consent but I didn't want to "monkey-up" the series.

Novak is more the anti-hero, he's not your typical hero (in my honest opinion). He started to transform the night of the rape. Maybe my subtleties are too subtle but I like the character building and allowing the time for them to work out their problems, making the pay off of happiness and love all the more. Many wanted chapter 5 to have resolution but obviously there was much more to go. Throughout, Novak has been becoming the person he was as boy and the man his father was- thus the reason why they did not kill the King and essentially saved Talyis.

Novak did not like that Calena punished Talyis he did not object initially because, remember, he is trying to protect his people with an alliance with Calena. He is put into a corner at that moment and Calena is testing him- securing her position in the Aricin kingdom.

I hoped to build a story of conflict, mistakes that needed to be righted and of self-secreted love. Love is not always so perfected; and with artistic license, I hope that many can enjoy a little fantasy.

If you would like to discuss more about the themes and other things feel free to post here or email me via contact the author. I don't mind anonymous comments however I cannot address them if you want further insight.

Cheers,

Talyis

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Beautifully written...

The ending of this chapter is just heart wrenching, I cried again and again! I can't wait for the ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
next chapter!!!

Please update this chapter as soon as you can. This story is just lovely please finish it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well written!!! MORE PLEEZ!

Very well written.. Very Romantic.. But its been almost two months.. C'mon post the ending plz! Oh by the way Gareth is a really upstanding guy.. Very homely! Loves him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Update soon!

Please update soon, I've been waiting for the ending, I just can't wait!

DawnzoDawnzoover 14 years ago
Please finish!!!!!

I check every day for the next chapter!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Novak's kingdom needs a coup

Horrible leader, horrible storyine

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTalyisBagley@TalyisBagley
New NEWS: June 2022 Working on getting published and finishing Book 3 of the Wider Sky Series. Website and socials to come. Old News: I just posted the first chapter of WEIGHT OF PENUMBRA the sequel to A WIDER SKY. OLD OLD NEWS: AUG 2012 - Still working on OTAP2 But I need ...